Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254268 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
MzzTega:

undecided wahz she/he saying? it has bin dere n fully accredited...dunt b selfish ok?? n learn to b confident dahz d xtic of a true pharmacist!
take a chill pill miss. Aint notin selfish bout ma post nor suggestin timidity. Just trynna be funi. Kei? Hapi new year. Adeola, I sight u dawg.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by MzzTega(f): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
nouveaux:
take a chill pill miss. Aint notin selfish bout ma post nor suggestin timidity. Just trynna be funi. Kei? Hapi new year. Adeola, I sight u dawg.
If yhu say so.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by imsuboi(m): 11:34am On Jan 04, 2015
adeoladrg:

Truth is, we are suffering from not having enough pharmacists and pressure has been on PCN to accredit more pharmacy schools. Although it's hard, pharmacy schools don't just prop up the way medical schools do. It's a more sensitive calling as a mistake could claim thousands of lives. Happy new year!

more sensitive than medicine itself?

[img]http://media./media/ZNMZg2vTByQ8w/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2015
imsuboi:

more sensitive than medicine itself?

[img]http://media./media/ZNMZg2vTByQ8w/giphy.gif[/img]

You don't want to stretch this with me!

If a doctor makes a mistake, he can only kill a patient one at a time.

If a pharmacist makes a mistake with an oral or parenteral preparation, he can kill thousands at a time. Don't forget the 'mypikin' paracetamol syrup incidence that happened years ago. Although it's was a 'label' issue. Ethylene glycol was used as co-solvent instead of propylene glycol. Over 100 babies died, the rest is history. Do you want to tell me which is more sensitive?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by imsuboi(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
adeoladrg:

If a pharmacist makes a mistake with an oral or parenteral preparation, he can kill thousands at a time. Don't forget the 'mypikin' paracetamol syrup incidence that happened years ago. Although it's was a 'label' issue. Ethylene glycol was used as co-solvent instead of propylene glycol. Over 100 babies died, the rest is history. Do you want to tell me which is more sensitive?

oga keep quiet. All these ones you're blabbing is thrash. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
imsuboi:

I thought you had a counter opinion. Now fuvk off this thread!

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by imsuboi(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
adeoladrg:

I thought you had a counter opinion. Now fuvk off this thread!

heavy fool. There's so much bitterness in your system. cheesy cheesy

You will always live in the shadow of a doctor all the days of your bitter miserable life, you piece of _shit
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
imsuboi:

You will always live in the shadow of a doctor all the days of your bitter miserable life, you piece of _shit
grin grin

grin grin It must be very painful for you to read the statement I made earlier. I feel your pain, such is life! grin Take heart ehn, it's a new year!

8 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hello everyone.
I'm from Unijos Pharm. School.
Should I say 300 or 400L now? I don't know.

Well, for my challenges in Pharm school, it hasn't really been reading and passing exams/tests whatever.
That's not to say its been easy though. Failing PCG201 made me feel very bad, but knowing it was due to my negligence and carelessness made it a bit bearable. I mean, after the exams, I knew I didn't deserve to pass. Apart from that, passing exams hasn't really been an issue.
So, my major challenge is that after 3 years, I've still not been able to myself playing the role of a pharmacist. Thinking of myself as one does not excite me as much as thinking of myself as a sports administrator or a farmer. In fact, in comparison, there's no excitement.
I've also thought of being a lecturer but I'm not a very patient person with people who keep 'refusing to understand'
My decision to work harder in recent past was only inspired by seeing people who I felt I was better than academically finishing 200L with better CGPA, not that i discovered myself.
So in summary, my biggest challenge is 'MY ROLE AS A PHARMACIST' / 'WHAT WILL I DO WITH PHARMACY'

For my favorite courses, PCL and PTE
I also like lab. especially dispensing and PMB.
I hope I didn't bore you guys. cheesy cheesy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
00kris88:
Hello everyone.

Well, for my challenges in Pharm school, it hasn't really been reading and passing exams/tests whatever.
That's not to say its been easy though. Failing PCG201 made me feel very bad, but knowing it was due to my negligence and carelessness made it a bit bearable. I mean, after the exams, I knew I didn't deserve to pass. Apart from that, passing exams hasn't really been an issue.
So, my major challenge is that after 3 years, I've still not been able to myself playing the role of a pharmacist. Thinking of myself as one does not excite me as much as thinking of myself as a sports administrator or a farmer. In fact, in comparison, there's no excitement.
I've also thought of being a lecturer but I'm not a very patient person with people who keep 'refusing to understand'
My decision to work harder in recent past was only inspired by seeing people who I felt I was better than academically finishing 200L with better CGPA, not that i discovered myself.
So in summary, my biggest challenge is 'MY ROLE AS A PHARMACIST' / 'WHAT WILL I DO WITH PHARMACY'

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
imsuboi:

You really should have just countered what he said.. Easy enough..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by imsuboi(m): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
adeoladrg:

grin grin It must be very painful for you to read the statement I made earlier. I feel your pain, such is life! grin Take heart ehn, it's a new year!

continue to live in our shadow cool
Mere mortal
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by baebyfaze91(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
a week to final exams in pre-pharmacy school,.............tired of 100 level
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
imsuboi:

who is this assholeeee You miss road? Which kain evil wind blow u come this side? If u are unfortunate in ur life, u needn't transfer aggression on ur potential helpers. Guess u are high on drunk fowl's excreta, else u will know ur mates are not found here, before I open my eyes, evaporate!!!!!! Olodo feeling funky just like d mgbeke of his girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
imsuboi:

grin grin
he(adeola) made some salient points but ur Dumbness highness couldn't make counter opinion not to talk of fact, how shameful. If u are miserable, then those who could help u shouldn't be ur target of attack, that's for the wise which I'm so sure u are not a millennium close to. Ugly amoeba. Local boy, Imsu of all schools making mouth? Is Okolo not an alumni of ur school? He never fails to embarrass himself nd d school just as u have done. I came down your level to haul u insults cos that's how far u can comprehend, I dare not challenge u to higher stuff, else I'm charged of causing u mental derangement of all sorts. Quote me and die, slowly of course.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
sisiafrika:
he(adeola) made some salient points but ur Dumbness highness couldn't make counter opinion not to talk of fact, how shameful. If u are miserable, then those who could help u shouldn't be ur target of attack, that's for the wise which I'm so sure u are not a millennium close to. Ugly amoeba. Local boy, Imsu of all schools making mouth? Is Okolo not an alumni of ur school? He never fails to embarrass himself nd d school just as u have done. I came down your level to haul u insults cos that's how far u can comprehend, I dare not challenge u to higher stuff, else I'm charged of causing u mental derangement of all sorts. Quote me and die, slowly of course.
Lool!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
00kris88:
Hello everyone.

bros, u no sabi www.google.com ? Na ur type dey make sum oloburuku like imsuboi pass hin boundary. Wen u know u don't know what pharmacy is all about, why block the chance of admission for someelse. U are welcome tho, not to late too cross eventho.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
Shori:
Lool!
u go mind the frustrated soul?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 12:00am On Jan 06, 2015
adeoladrg:

imsuboi, if na ur papa born u and e say u say u go finish for dat ur local dept and school, come counter this post way I quote. Make I follow u word for pigin, I no say d mgbekeness wey dey ur body no go gree u sabi simple English. Ewu Gambia
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 06, 2015
sisiafrika:
bros, u no sabi www.google.com ? Na ur type dey make sum oloburuku like imsuboi pass hin boundary. Wen u know u don't know what pharmacy is all about, why block the chance of admission for someelse. U are welcome tho, not to late too cross eventho.
don't misunderstand me. I know what pharmacy is about. My problem is where I'll fit in. Abi dat one de Google?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 1:58am On Jan 06, 2015
00kris88:

don't misunderstand me. I know what pharmacy is about. My problem is where I'll fit in. Abi dat one de Google?
u no search am well
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 06, 2015
drered:
Hi.. [b]You might not exactly get to see how you can apply yourself until your final year and the latter part of your 400L.. Your role depends on how curious you are and how you stimulate your interest in courses that interest you.. Its ok to not know.. Hell most people don't until their internship, they get out their and see the reality of things and how they can apply themselves.. [/b]Hell, I'm graduating in a bit and I haven't still made up my mind. I've crossed some things off my list though.. Now, if you asking for the role of a pharmacist then its pharmaceutical care and a whole lot of other things. PC is a broad concept and you'd get to know about that soon enough so don't fret..
I know the roles of a pharmacist, atleast to some extent. Maybe I didn't state that well enough.
My concern is that I thought I should have been able to decide what part of pharm practice I will take in future by now. But u have said something I can hold on to.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:23am On Jan 06, 2015
imsuboi:

lol. . . Na so e dy pain? My bro b logical.

Ndigbo na ma ezigb'ihe
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:51am On Jan 06, 2015
imsuboi:

grin grin
lol.. .
Wen u go gt sense?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
00kris88:

I know the roles of a pharmacist, atleast to some extent. Maybe I didn't state that well enough.
My concern is that I thought I should have been able to decide what part of pharm practice I will take in future by now. But u have said something I can hold on to.

I think you need to work in all of the practice settings and decide which one fits the cap for you. I worked in a community pharmacy during the 6 months ASUU strike long enough to know that it's not for me. So, I can move on and try other settings.

There are two categories of pharmacy students.
1) Those that have made up their minds about the practice settings they want. I know one who wants to go into the military. I know a senior who wants to go into politics. And so on

2) Those, like you and I, who don't have an idea what pharmacy holds for us.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by pweetyemilicious: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
hi evry1 am a final yr pharmacy student and av bin thinkin of a gud place to do my internship.pls i willike ur sugestns on places i can intern and deir pay as wel as cost of livin....was interested in NIPRID bt dnt knw if d pay is gud n d cost of livn in abj is obviously high bt if u av any useful info i wild grateful to listen
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 18, 2015
And I read all pages. Interesting.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
Any advice for a new 200 level pharm student, dis is our 1st pharm lvl.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by MzzTega(f): 9:38am On Jan 19, 2015
what are the importance/application of anatomy in pharmacy??
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 20, 2015
MzzTega:
what are the importance/application of anatomy in pharmacy??
No question is actually stupid even though they apparently seem so.
1.You take in/apply drugs to the body anatomy(mouth, muscles, vein, skin etc).
2. Some drugs modify the animal anatomy in some diseases state.
3.Physiology is a precursor to Pharmacology(which invariably is a subset of pharmacy); how then do one separate physiology from anatomy? A corollary, you can't talk about the functioning(physiology) in isolation of the structures(anatomy).
Drugs and its substances are neither artifacts nor antiquities, they are meant to be used by 'anatomies'.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 20, 2015
ahmedgafar7:
Any advice for a new 200 level pharm student, dis is our 1st pharm lvl.
Repeat after me: "If 'they' can do it, I also CAN!"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by MzzTega(f): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2015
sapiorxxual:

No question is actually stupid even though they apparently seem so.
1.You take in/apply drugs to the body anatomy(mouth, muscles, vein, skin etc).
2. Some drugs modify the animal anatomy in some diseases state.
3.Physiology is a precursor to Pharmacology(which invariably is a subset of pharmacy); how then do one separate physiology from anatomy? A corollary, you can't talk about the functioning(physiology) in isolation of the structures(anatomy).
Drugs and its substances are neither artifacts nor antiquities, they are meant to be used by 'anatomies'.
Indirectly, u r saying d question is silly. A lecturer asked dat.
Thanks anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.