Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Are U Afraid Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are U Afraid Of God (434 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are U Afraid Of God by tobechi20(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
Many Christians are afraid of God. They obey God, and even
say they believe Him, because they are afraid of His "punishment."

They are afraid He will punish them by bringing bad things into
their life, or by taking things away from them. So they live "good"
lives to avoid this "punishment."

Despite the fact that being afraid of God is never the right
motive for obeying Him, Christian teaching has always served to
cement this error into the minds of most people. "Obey God or
go to hell for all eternity," has always been preached, one way
or another. It is so much a part of our religious mentality that to
suggest another motivation for obeying God sounds as if you are
removing all incentive for obedience. Afterall, who obeys God
simply out of love for Him? Sadly, very few of us.

How about u-- are you afraid of God himself? Or do you consider him more someone you can really open up to and be honest with?
Re: Are U Afraid Of God by Emusan(m): 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
tobechi20: Many Christians are afraid of God. They obey God, and even
say they believe Him, because they are afraid of His "punishment."

They are afraid He will punish them by bringing bad things into
their life, or by taking things away from them. So they live "good"
lives to avoid this "punishment."

Despite the fact that being afraid of God is never the right
motive for obeying Him, Christian teaching has always served to
cement this error into the minds of most people. "Obey God or
go to hell for all eternity," has always been preached, one way
or another. It is so much a part of our religious mentality that to
suggest another motivation for obeying God sounds as if you are
removing all incentive for obedience. Afterall, who obeys God
simply out of love for Him? Sadly, very few of us.

How about u-- are you afraid of God himself? Or do you consider him more someone you can really open up to and be honest with?

I only affraid of God for Whom He is, because He cann't be compared with human in any way. He is far far more than man in a way no one can ever imagine.

Though even Jesus said we should affriad of Him, but I only feel sober whenever I misbehave.

Shalom!
Re: Are U Afraid Of God by Lordlexyy: 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
What most ppl tagged fear as used ignorantly by many men of God to ensnared their members should be reverence. The bridge Christ created btw God and man is one that is built on love and trust, hence Christ said we should come to the God's throne of grace bodly and find grace and mercy. I can never be afraid of God, because i know by revelation that in as much as He gave up Christ for me and i accepted, nothing on earth can stop God from loving me irrespective of my mistakes. Ignorance is the major reason why some born again Christian are always seeking for mercy for wrongs done, and this attitude will eventually generate fear. The day a man will fully comprehend God's love that will mark the end to his slavery of fear and intimidation of God.
Re: Are U Afraid Of God by RayMcBlue(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
Fear as an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
Fears can be tangible or psychological. So which one are you talking about here @Op?

(1) (Reply)

The Frequency Of Peace / What Does It Take To Be An Unbeliever / Astrology Is A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.