Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article (48011 Views)

Sunnah Of Friday / Reminder: Sunnah Of Friday (picx) / The Rights Of A New Born Baby In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Kairoseki77: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Maclatunji...you seem pretty extreme. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by moshoodn(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Frank harry: I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS CRAB

Say crap not crab...

Crab is a mollusca.

Crabs is also an infection.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by RayMcBlue(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
Kairoseki77: Maclatunji...you seem pretty extreme. undecided

An understatement...

5 Likes

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Akanbiedu(m): 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nairatalks:

I am a muslim.

You have to understand, Islam is becoming divided. We have the intolerant islamists undermining the efforts of the sensible muslims.

Jut yesterday, some muslims were talking about having continuous dialogue with young muslim men so that they wouldnt be radicalised and then, something like Westgate wont happen. Somehow, the discussion turned when some muslims started deflecting it to Western imperialism and occupation of Muslim lands.

You see, any sensible muslim would discard the op. It is a ridiculous claim. No muslim scientist would give credence to these claims. How does it make sense to hang the validity of the Quran on newly discovered scientific breakthroughs that have not been thoroughly researched? What if the sugar gel has some major side effects later discovered? Would you start saying that the Quran supports such?

Did the Quran or hadith specifically say that sweet things should be given to premature babies?

I tire for these falsehoods!

I like this.

There is absolutely no need trying justify muslim practices using recent discoveries.
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Cocodiva: 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
If the @ Op's write-up is clearly understood, he is not justifying Islam with the recent scientific findings. He is simply making us understand that Islam is the Truth , and it could only have come from A Supreme Being (ALLAH) . That something that had been done or recommended in the time of the prophet(saw),thousands of years ago,is now being proven to be beneficial scientifically.
Islam cannot be justified now anyway,because it had been perfected long ago and guarded against any form of deceit. So the rationale behind the do's and don'ts can only now be more understood . Using scientific findings to explain to non-muslims now what Islam already mentioned thousands of years ago is good because they don't believe in Islam and the Qur'an but they'l most likely believe in whatever science proves. So I see it as a form of dawah (spreading the message of Islam).

2 Likes

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Orikinla(m): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
So? shocked
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ray McBlue:

I contend that we are both atheists. I just
believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Btw, I'm not L.B.

Read the topic, read the instructions. Whatever you believe is beside the point. Stay on topic or don't post at all.

Thank you.
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by aibee01(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Coco diva: If the @ Op's write-up is clearly understood, he is not justifying Islam with the recent scientific findings. He is simply making us understand that Islam is the Truth , and it could only have come from A Supreme Being (ALLAH) . That something that had been done or recommended in the time of the prophet(saw),thousands of years ago,is now being proven to be beneficial scientifically.
Islam cannot be justified now anyway,because it had been perfected long ago and guarded against any form of deceit. So the rationale behind the do's and don'ts can only now be more understood . Using scientific findings to explain to non-muslims now what Islam already mentioned thousands of years ago is good because they don't believe in Islam and the Qur'an but they'l most likely believe in whatever science proves. So I see it as a form of dawah (spreading the message of Islam).
salam
az a matter of fact d holy prophet (saw) neither did nor say anytin xcept wif d guidiance of Allah (swt)......far many practise and sayin of d holy prophet dat have bn proven right ba non-muslim world renowed professorz,..2 d xtent dat some of dem REVERT to islam......coz dey were amazed ow scientific statementz n deeds can b profounded n carried out ba an unlettered fellow at a period of no technology........
Doze of u claiming to b a muslim n sayin rubbish here sud juz b ashamed of yaself.....
NOTE: ur islam is shakin i bet u dnt knw abt ur deen self......try google science in holy quran... Ma-salam

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by maclatunji: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
Kairoseki77: Maclatunji...you seem pretty extreme. undecided

How?
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
Deen4me: Islam has been perfected, No matter how much they despise it .

It was reported that Abu Moosa said: “I had a baby boy, and I brought him to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
He named him Ibraaheem, did Tahneek with some dates and prayed for Allaah to bless him, then he gave him back to me.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5150; Muslim, 2145).

Tahneek means putting something sweet, such as dates or honey, in the child’s mouth when he is first born.

The practice has been recorded in the Sunnah of the Rasul 1400 years ago, Science is just catching up grin

Find the Article below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24224206

A dose of sugar given as a gel rubbed into the inside of the cheek is a cheap and effective way to protect premature babies against brain damage, say experts.

Dangerously low blood sugar affects about one in 10 babies born too early. Untreated, it can cause permanent harm.

Researchers from New Zealand tested the gel therapy in 242 babies under their care and, based on the results, say it should now be a first-line treatment.

Their work is published in The Lancet.

Dextrose gel treatment costs just over £1 per baby and is simpler to administer than glucose via a drip,
say Prof Jane Harding and her team at the University of Auckland.

Sugar dose

Current treatment typically involves extra feeding and repeated blood tests to measure blood sugar levels.

But many babies are admitted to intensive care and given intravenous glucose because their blood sugar remains low - a condition doctors call hypoglycaemia.

The study assessed whether treatment with dextrose gel was more effective than feeding alone at reversing hypoglycaemia.

Neil Marlow, from the Institute for Women's Health at University College London, said that although dextrose gel had fallen into disuse, these findings suggested it should be resurrected as a treatment.

We now had high-quality evidence that it was of value, he said.

Andy Cole, chief executive of premature baby charity Bliss, said:

"This is a very interesting piece of new research and we always welcome anything that has the potential to improve outcomes for babies born premature or sick.

"This is a cost-effective treatment and could reduce admissions to intensive care services, which are already working at high capacity levels.

"While the early results of this research show benefits to babies born with low blood sugars, it is clear there is more research to be done to implement this treatment."

Don't make the mistake of trying to validate Islam with Science
You will be disgraced
Every medical text and any doctor who knows their stuff will advice mothers not to feed babies honey because of a bacterial infection that their young stomach cannot handle and here you are clapping for yourself.
Mchtwwwww!!!!!
Funny people

4 Likes

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by drchingy: 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
sabbath7th: Ya right. Hindu text says you should not eat beef and scientist have found the link between red meat to colon cancer. Does this mean Hindu text should be followed to the letter? Was mohammad the first person to put sugar in a baby's mouth? He probably did what was done as costum in Arabia. People have been doing this for a long time.

U ve said it all.
So clear.so simple
Anyone who doesn't get it then I'm I'm afraid may NEVER get it.
Btw honey aint good for new born babies.
just d sterile dextrose gel and only for premature babies wit hypoglycemia

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
If you don't believe me,here is someone from the world acclaimed mayo clinic
As you can see,the Sunnah should not be followed in 2013.Mohammed and co did what they did according yo their limited knowledge.we now know better.

from Jay L. Hoecker, M.D.

Infant botulism is a rare but serious gastrointestinal condition caused by exposure to Clostridium botulinum (C. botulinum) spores. Bacteria from the spores can grow and multiply in a baby's intestines, producing a dangerous toxin.

To protect your baby from infant botulism:
[size=18pt]
Don't offer your baby honey. [/size]Wild honey is a potential source of Clostridium botulinum (C. botulinum) spores.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/infant-botulism/HQ00854

2 Likes

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by beejaay: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
lionness: I'm still confused how a religion that bred men like Acinnai, Rumi, Gazali, Al Maqtum, and even the current ruler of Dubai today is the enclave of muderous soulless scums. Maybe Islam has reached its limits.

the so called mainstream muslims today will say the above named are not true muslim (they will go as far as name them unbeliever because they dont all agree with their sunni hadith because they are sufi masters)

Rumi and Gazali are enlightened masters and i have gained alot from their teachings
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by RayMcBlue(m): 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
maclatunji:

Read the topic, read the instructions. Whatever you believe is beside the point. Stay on topic or don't post at all.

Thank you.

Off topic? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the one that called me out when I was doing nothing but minding my own business? Weren't you the one that called me a troll when all I did was commend an objective comment by a Muslim?

From where I'm sitting, you troll first with this totally unnecessary and absurd rant below, which btw had nothing whatsoever to do with the topic:

maclatunji: You mean we should be Atheists pretending to be Muslims to please people like you? The delusion is grand.

Logicboy, you are always discussing Islam. Muslims practice not debating all the time. Like today is Jumat, where did you observe Jumat?

I know, on Nairaland trolling. #Pathetic

My response to the above was only to let you know the absurdity of it all.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by dozai: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
Make this argument and counter argument no lead to bomb throwing. Let piss rain pleeaze
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by olat4cash(m): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
U pple need to chill,Islam is a way of life nt just a religion.everything in Islam (Quran,Haddit and Sunnah) is for Human best interest. Nothing is bad if science back some Islamic tinz up.

For the person wu commented the yoruba av been doing dat before,it doesn't matter,wot matters to us Muslim is to submit ourself to the will of God by doing Wot's in the quran,Haddit and Sunnah.

For the pig comment it's also mentioned in Jews book and Quran,so not just the indu books

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by olat4cash(m): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ dozai, If I understand ur comment, does the action of some Muslim says wu Muslim are or what Islam stand for? No
What can U say about the case of Adolf Hitler? Can U we say the same about Christain ?
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Sissie(f): 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ignorance is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by maclatunji: 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Off topic? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the one that called me out when I was doing nothing but minding my own business? Weren't you the one that called me a troll when all I did was commend an objective comment by a Muslim?

From where I'm sitting, you troll first with this totally unnecessary and absurd rant below, which btw had nothing whatsoever to do with the topic:

My response to the above was only to let you know the absurdity of it all.

Thank you!

Logicboy knows himself. I never wrote that you were Logicboy
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by mazaje(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
This is completely misleading. . .When does rubbing sugar gel on a baby's cheeks equate to putting dates or honey inside a baby's mouth?. . .The research said the gel is to be robbed on the baby's cheek, which can serve as a treatedment for a baby born prematuredly, that is completely different from Tahneek which is putting something sweet, such as dates or honey, in the child’s mouth when he is first born. Putting honey inside a newly born baby's mouth is harmful to the baby. . .

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Cocodiva: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
aibee01:
salam
az a matter of fact d holy prophet (saw) neither did nor say anytin xcept wif d guidiance of Allah (swt)......far many practise and sayin of d holy prophet dat have bn proven right ba non-muslim world renowed professorz,..2 d xtent dat some of dem REVERT to islam......coz dey were amazed ow scientific statementz n deeds can b profounded n carried out ba an unlettered fellow at a period of no technology........
Doze of u claiming to b a muslim n sayin rubbish here sud juz b ashamed of yaself.....
NOTE: ur islam is shakin i bet u dnt knw abt ur deen self......try google science in holy quran... Ma-salam

I don't understand your point. Your outburst shouldn't be directed at me (I suppose)
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by golpen(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
babyosisi:

You will be disgraced
Every medical text and any doctor who knows their stuff will advice mothers not to feed babies honey because of a bacterial infection that their young stomach cannot handle and here you are clapping for yourself.
Mchtwwwww!!!!!
Funny people

Can you read the op again pls? This time maybe with your eyes (and support if needed) for clear sight, and slowly (external explanation is allowed) for clear comprehension.

3 Likes

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by lawal28c: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
chineke:::::hmmmmmmmm all of dem Go knw u on d last day,some pipu are in complete darkness dat dey can not see a single ray of light not 2 talk more of beam.chai::::::::ya Allah 4give dem(doz dat worship nd bow down b4 a creature)4 dey dont know wat dey are doin.dey will b surprise wen jesus(sa)deny dem on d last day.in d book of luke chapter18 verse 18,a rich man was trying 2 ask jesus a question nd he called jesus good master nd jesus said thou should not call me good 4 dere iz only 1 who iz Good nd dat iz God::::::::una Go come dey here dey talk about trinity,i pirty una

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Akiika: 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nairatalks:

I am a muslim.

You have to understand, Islam is becoming divided. We have the intolerant islamists undermining the efforts of the sensible muslims.

Jut yesterday, some muslims were talking about having continuous dialogue with young muslim men so that they wouldnt be radicalised and then, something like Westgate wont happen. Somehow, the discussion turned when some muslims started deflecting it to Western imperialism and occupation of Muslim lands.

You see, any sensible muslim would discard the op. It is a ridiculous claim. No muslim scientist would give credence to these claims. How does it make sense to hang the validity of the Quran on newly discovered scientific breakthroughs that have not been thoroughly researched? What if the sugar gel has some major side effects later discovered? Would you start saying that the Quran supports such?

Did the Quran or hadith specifically say that sweet things should be given to premature babies?

I tire for these falsehoods!

So, what's your point? what about all of the things that has been revealed in the quran donkey years ago that science discovered later on.
e.g The stages of conception and development of baby, the shape of the space and the solar system, concept of evaporation, photosynthesis e.t.c all of these stuffs have been mentioned in the quran. I hope you don't turn out to be the ignoramus in an attempt to call a legitimate argument ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by tunshe: 12:10am On Sep 28, 2013
Some people just find joy in becoming pollutants.

All points raised are correct according to the speaker's opinion but only few makes sense.

Actions are judged according to intentions, those who write to propagate Islam, I rejoice with you and those who write just to seek likes and show off knowledge or discredit others,I advice you seek a change of heart.

It's getting dark, the Angel of death is moving closer and surely will catch up with us one day. Let's repent to Allah and seek His mercy always.

Let's remember that we have a long way to go, life in the grave before the day of Judgement.

May Allah have mercy on us all- Amin.

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by maclatunji: 12:13am On Sep 28, 2013
Akiika:

So, what's your point? what about all of the things that has been revealed in the quran donkey years ago that science discovered later on.
e.g The stages of conception and development of baby, the shape of the space and the solar system, concept of evaporation, photosynthesis e.t.c all of these stuffs have been mentioned in the quran. I hope you don't turn out to be the ignoramus in an attempt to call a legitimate argument ridiculous.

He is an Atheist troll pretending to be a Muslim. His real handle is Logicboy. He is trying very hard to escape a ban but still wants to troll.

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Hero10001: 12:30am On Sep 28, 2013
babyosisi:

You will be disgraced
Mchtwwwww!!!!!
Funny people
Bacterial infections from Honey?!..!
Big lie..
Honey has phytochemicals which makes it a good AntibacteriaI agent.
Which means, It is used for the treatment of Bacterial infections. E.g Staphlococci sp. in Wounds.
It's better to keep quiet than to post nonsense comment..

3 Likes

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Hero10001: 12:35am On Sep 28, 2013
maclatunji:

Logicboy knows himself. I never wrote that you were Logicboy
Are you afraid of Logicboy?
Just tell me, i'v got a Mockingbird!
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by aibee01(m): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2013
Coco diva:

I don't understand your point. Your outburst shouldn't be directed at me (I suppose)

complimentin ur previouz pozt
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Newnas(m): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2013
Abi oo, see me see wahala, HONEY cause bacterial infection?!!! We are Muslims our belief in our scripture is not subject to scientific discoveries, if they discover it good for them, if not bad for them. Just like the housefly and dogs' saliva issues we believe. There is nothing bad in what the brother has done, but WARNING... don not make scientific statements a condition for your belief in whatever is in our religion. And Allah knows best.

2 Likes

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Bakreez: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2013
sabbath7th: Ya right. Hindu text says you should not eat beef and scientist have found the link between red meat to colon cancer. Does this mean Hindu text should be followed to the letter? Was mohammad the first person to put sugar in a baby's mouth? He probably did what was done as costum in Arabia. People have been doing this for a long time.
Give us reference to this and i will be convinced,if you cant which i know you cant just go sorrowful or accept Islam and the prophet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? / Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.