Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. (3099 Views)

Elderly Man Who Died Having Sex Remains Attached To Partner / Xenophobia: Nigerian Men Are Snatching Our Wives – South African Politician / – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 1:42am On Sep 26, 2013
Meet Guildo Westerwelle.Germany's First openly gay foreign minister and vice-chancellor.
He assumed office as Minister of Foreign Affairs and Vice-Chancellor of Germany 8 October 2008-2011.
[img]http://cdn3.spiegel.de/images/image-453836-breitwandaufmacher-mczs.jpg[/img]
[img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20130129&t=2&i=698936363&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE90S1CLM00[/img]

Guildo born 27 December 1961 is a German politician,who, since 28 October 2009, has served as the Foreign Minister in the second cabinet of Chancellor Angela Merkel and was Vice Chancellor of Germany from 2009 to 2011. He is the first openly gay person to hold either of those positions. He had been the chairman of the Free Democratic Party of Germany (FDP) since May 2001, but stepped down in 2011.

He studied law at the University of Bonn from 1980 to 1987. Following the First and Second State Law Examinations in 1987 and 1991 respectively, he began practising as an attorney in Bonn in 1991. In 1994, he earned a doctoral degree in law from FernUniversität Hagen.

On 20 July 2004, Westerwelle attended Angela
Merkel's 50th birthday party accompanied by his
partner, Michael Mronz, thereby tacitly
acknowledging that he is gay. It was the first time
he had attended an official event with his partner.
The couple registered their partnership on 17
September 2010 in a private ceremony in Bonn.

[img]http://thelocal.de/articleImages/50449.jpg[/img]

[img]http://cdn2.spiegel.de/images/image-120599-panoV9free-itus.jpg[/img]
[img]http://cdn3.spiegel.de/images/image-66966-panoV9free-qqbp.jpg[/img]
[img]http://bandofthebes.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341cc27e53ef0120a5a3e08c970b-300wi[/img]

Westerwelle was Germany’s first openly gay Foreign
Minister and one of only a handful of openly gay
people to be appointed to such a high level of
government around the world.
During July of 2011 Westerwelle held the role of
President of the United Nations Security Council as
head of the German delegation to the United Nations making him the most powerful openly gay
or lesbian person on the planet for that brief period
Source

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Tpave(m): 2:04am On Sep 26, 2013
Aru (Abomination)

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by manny4life(m): 2:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Hmm,
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by BabaEleko(m): 2:26am On Sep 26, 2013
Ain't no heaven for a fa99ot.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 26, 2013
^
Did Jesus tell you that?
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by GSKing: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2013
Not by force to comment nah, what silly posters are those above my posts? (mason's excluded, nt sure abt manny's)... @op, Nice post by the way. One day our dream would come 2ru in dis country
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by phantom(m): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2013
the mere fact that god destroyed sodom and gommorah is evidence enough mason.i will not mince words.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by fagbalex(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2013
God almighty Allah will save us oh. this is exactly what prophet Muhammad envisaged.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2013
Nigeria was part of the UNSC when he was President of the Council.Afterall,our Diplomats were under the leadership of a gay man.They keep marginalizing against gay people here making draconian legislations against them but forget while they yet do that other countries are advancing and we can see the progress they've made to have an inclusive society regardless of s.exual identity.

On a state visit to China.He had a reception of honour befiting his position as Vice-Chancellor.He was accorded with due dignity.Guess Nigeria wouldn't do the same.
[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Guido+Westerwelle+Yang+Jiech+German+Federal+KsQYzmIEE8Ml.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Yang+Jiechi+German+Federal+Foreign+Minister+VJAQOatOrpjl.jpg[/img]

Guido Westerwelle and the German delegation pose for
a picture with Premier Wen Jiaobao, and no, the man to
Westerwelle's right is not his bodyguard!his Partner Mronz. Germany's openly gay Vice
Chancellor and Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle.
This was Westerwelle's first trip to Asia in his new role
since he led the pro-business Free Democratic Party to
its best election result ever late last year. What made
this trip newsworthy, in our opinion, was that the
world's only openly gay foreign minister was bringing
his partner, Michael Mronz (a marketing executive
working in the private sector) along on an official visit
to Asia. This is unheard of.
Westerwelle's short three day tour began with a 22
hour visit to Tokyo, Japan on Jan 14 and this was
followed by another two days in Beijing, where he met
up with Premier Wen Jiabao and Chinese foreign
minister Yang Jiechi (the man who famously quipped
that Chinese is one of the easiest languages in the
world to learn). Westerwelle also visited the National
Development and Reform Commission, where he held
talks with Minister Zhang Ping. And perhaps to
underscore Germany's emphasis on human rights,
Westerwelle met up with representatives of China's
civil society and made a visit to Beijing's Lama Temple. Mronz undertook a
"programme typical for a foreign dignitary's partner",
visiting a museum amongst others.
It has also been revealed that Mronz paid for this trip
out of his own pocket (we wonder: if governments
should pay for the opposite-sex spouses of ministers to
go on trips, why shouldn't they do the same for their
same-sex spouses?). DPA reports though that Mronz
has "no intention of joining his partner on every official
trip" because he himself has "too much to do",
preferring instead to come along every now and then
when schedules permit.

Guildo and Hilary Clinton.

In Japan.

Bilateral talks with China headed by Westerwelle.
[img]http://www.fdp.de/files/3747/7255/source_5080fec19fbce_westerwelle_peking10-12-Top.jpg[/img]
Signing of MoU.
[img]http://images.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2011-06/westerwelle/westerwelle-540x304.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/cae/servlet/contentblob/624886/normal/171272/120830_China_Regkonsultationen_BM_Bildungsminister_fuerartikel.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by christ4mi(f): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2013
Wetin concern Agbero with overload?
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2013
phantom: the mere fact that god destroyed sodom and gommorah is evidence enough mason.i will not mince words.
First of which of the gods.I don't think you meant The Almighty,your g is in small letter.Secondly,God destroying Sodom and Gommarah is evidence of what.Cause the Bible never recorded that God destroyed S&G cause of homosexuality.Lastly,must your arguements be based on religion of which christianity.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2013
Tpave: Aru (Abomination)
ewu (goat) cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by GSKing: 9:50am On Sep 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: First of which of the gods.I don't think you meant The Almighty,your g is in small letter.Secondly,God destroying Sodom and Gommarah is evidence of what.Cause the Bible never recorded that God destroyed S&G cause of homosexuality.Lastly,must your arguements be based on religion of which christianity.
funny thing abt these homophobes(christians precisely) is that they forget, in a flash of nano-seconds, that there are so many religions in this world. Okay, when the world "comes to an end"(SMH), which religion would be chosen as the true one? What if it wasn't christianity as we all thought? what if confucianism, or shintoism was the true religion? What if ogamisama was right all along? Ofcourse, its going to be on the last they that we'll find out abt this farce, bt then, there'll be no going back to right ur wrongs, to cry over spilt milk, to apologise to people u've slandered, to live a life as a better person which u shld have done from day one.
In my humble opinion, people should tolerate others irrespective of race, gender, religion, intimate orientation, et al... Islam might be the way ogrin of course, we'll find out in "the last day" LOLZgringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by 50calibre(m): 9:52am On Sep 26, 2013
Op keep consoling yourself with the pictures & stories of notable gay people, the problem is they are somebody, while you are a nobody.

They won't get lynched or jailed, you would.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Lilimax(f): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2013
50calibre: Op keep consoling yourself with the pictures & stories of notable gay people, the problem is they are somebody, while you are a nobody.

grin grin LWKMD!
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Ohibenemma(m): 10:04am On Sep 26, 2013
Looks so warped and irritating... A man displaying another man as his sexual partner. All attempts to justify this are simply lame, and it's practitioners should rather work on sifting out the unnatural orientation than attempting to justify it.
It may be considered worth allowing when gays start reproducing NATURALLY.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2013
50calibre: Op keep consoling yourself with the pictures & stories of notable gay people, the problem is they are somebody, while you are a nobody.

You made no sense with this comment u know.
You guys have a problem you know with your unjustifiable hate for gays.

FYI,I'm on my way to be that Somebody even greater.Time will tell.I may not be him today,yeah,but I haven't limited myself from aspiring to be greater than his likes.
Wish no one evil bro.I wouldn't wish you that under no circumstances.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2013
Ohibenemma: Looks so warped and irritating... A man displaying another man as his sexual partner. All attempts to justify this are simply lame, and it's practitioners should rather work on sifting out the unnatural orientation than attempting to justify it.
It may be considered worth allowing when gays start reproducing NATURALLY.
Not all Heterosexuals reproduce naturally you know.some go the artificial process.If you mean the intimate act.Heterosexuals are known to practice same.quit playing the double standards.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by phantom(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: First of which of the gods.I don't think you meant The Almighty,your g is in small letter.Secondly,God destroying Sodom and Gommarah is evidence of what.Cause the Bible never recorded that God destroyed S&G cause of homosexuality.Lastly,must your arguements be based on religion of which christianity.
sodomy was one of the sins for which he destroyed the place.you can go ahead and tell yourself whatever makes you sleep well at night.fact is homosexuality is either a type of mental illness or a a type of demon possession.it has to be one of the two.it aint normal.you can twist and turn it all you want.truth is it aint normal and it should give you cause for concern.
the God lord created adam and eve and not adam and steve... grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2013
phantom: sodomy was one of the sins for which he destroyed the place.you can go ahead and tell yourself whatever makes you sleep well at night.fact is homosexuality is either a type of mental illness or a a type of demon possession.it has to be one of the two.it aint normal.you can twist and turn it all you want.truth is it aint normal and it should give you cause for concern.
the God lord created adam and eve and not adam and steve... grin grin grin grin
of course as usual the myopic nigerian way of thinking.clap for yourself.this isn't religion section else I would take you down the sodom and gommarah discussion.Can you please stop involving religion.we aren't talking that now. Thank you,

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by dridowu: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2013
Just passing to the next availabe thread
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 26, 2013
Just because an elite engages in such act does not make it right. What is wrong is wrong even if half of the world does the same.
Perhaps u r lukin for a way to comfort urself but this is Africa,Nigeria. And there is nothing more disgusting than a man/woman showing intimate affection to his kind!
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by druid06(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2013
I don't have a problem with homosexuals neither do millions of straight individuals out there. They are human like us ofcourse. What I don't like is them trying to wash their sexuality on our faces..

This is just the simple reason why the heterosexuals out there are just plainly irritated toward the gay guys. If only the gays could just live their lives in peace than trying to tell the world how different, special and unique they are and also, how they want to bend laws to their favor and how they incessantly demand respect from straight guys like it's their birthright. If only they could just shut up, straight people wouldn't take a second notice to them.

It's just like a lion taking his nap and minding his business then suddenly, a hyena comes and start laughing and trying to irritate the lion just to get it's attention. You can imagine what would happen next.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Ohibenemma(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Not all Heterosexuals reproduce naturally you know.some go the artificial process.If you mean the intimate act.Heterosexuals are known to practice same.quit playing the double standards.
Just what I stated earlier, gays should work to sift out their warped orientation, not attempt to justify it. I said when GAYS(ANY) START REPRODUCING NATURALLY, not when "ALL GAYS"... So, you may do well to show me "some" who do it at all. Thanks.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by HezronLorraine(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2013
druid06: I don't have a problem with homosexuals neither do millions of straight individuals out there. They are human like us ofcourse. What I don't like is them trying to wash their sexuality on our faces..
Actually millions of straight individuals have got big problem with the existence of gay people.Wash their sexuality in your faces.elaborate pls?

This is just the simple reason why the heterosexuals out there are just plainly irritated toward the gay guys. If only the gays could just live their lives in peace than trying to tell the world how different, special and unique they are. Straight people wouldn't take a second notice to them
Gays are very peaceful,while you straights that are irritated by their being are the violent ones.Gay's don't stress on how unique or different they are because like everyone else they serve a purpose.You may be right,gays are exceptional in some fields of life.You shouldn't blame them for flaunting that,just as no one stops you from flaunting your uniqueness.

It's just like a lion taking his nap and minding his business then suddenly, a hyena comes and start laughing and cycling the lion just to get it's attention. You can imagine what would happen next.
Gay's don't need your attentions.they don't ask to be noticed.They simply asked to be accorded the same respect they accord others and not be discriminated against.They have an equal say in the society,you saying they want to be noticed is telling them to shut up theri voices don't count whereas it counts.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by 50calibre(m): 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine:
You made no sense with this comment u know.
You guys have a problem you know with your unjustifiable hate for gays.

FYI,I'm on my way to be that Somebody even greater.Time will tell.I may not be him today,yeah,but I haven't limited myself from aspiring to be greater than his likes.
Wish no one evil bro.I wouldn't wish you that under no circumstances.
Cheers.

You are never going to be a somebody, if you dont change your perverted lifestyle. Don't be decieved, gays would never be accepted among negros, gays would never be accepted in Nigeria.

And who told you my hate is unjustified? Homosexuality is a cancer of the society, an aberration.

Two men displaying affections for one another, is a ghastly sight, one I believe should be punishable by death or life in a mental hospital.

Btw seems like you are a Christian, what does the bible say about homosexuality?
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by druid06(m): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Actually millions of straight individuals have got big problem with the existence of gay people.Wash their sexuality in your faces.elaborate pls?

Gays are very peaceful,while you straights that are irritated by their being are the violent ones.Gay's don't stress on how unique or different they are because like everyone else they serve a purpose.You may be right,gays are exceptional in some fields of life.You shouldn't blame them for flaunting that,just as no one stops you from flaunting your uniqueness.

Gay's don't need your attentions.they don't ask to be noticed.They simply asked to be accorded the same respect they accord others and not be discriminated against.They have an equal say in the society,you saying they want to be noticed is telling them to shut up theri voices don't count whereas it counts.

It wasn't used to being that way. When homesexuality first came into light through the modern world, it was had getting used to that idea because we humans were raised in this traditional point of view that a man befriends a woman and form a relationship. It was hard understanding the sexxual relationship between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Recent studies have found out that today's society are already used to homosexual relationships and a good percentage of that number are accepting them. Take a look at the vast entertaining industry. Millions of homosexuals are thriving in that industry and are being successful without any prejudice from the society at large. Leading fashion moguls are mostly homosexuals and 'gay' fashion has generally been accepted into our todays world if you would agree with me. Heck, even the roman catholic pope gave a sermon subconciously accepting them as people into our society. This is a very big plus for gays out there because religion which was once a detrimental force and a deadly opposition to the existence of homosexuals are now giving homosexuality the checkers

Now here's the problem. There are still heterosexual males out there who still hasn't gotten used to that 'gay' idea and they are mostly the ones you see on social networking sites basing their theory on religion but mostly the reason why so many hasn't gotten used to that idea is because of their lack of illumination and ignorance, religious extremist/fundamentalist and poverty. Ok, this is a side topic for another time as I don't want further derail this subject. Now, here's another problem. The few straight individuals who are openminded and has already accepted homosexuality as just a natural phenomenom are constantly being under pressure to revert back to the outdated idealogy about homosexuality by gays themselves. Your constant attitudes and incessant show for attention is so annoying that sometimes we beg to differ. You guys wants to be treated different, in another word you want to be treated special which is not right. You guys are not special and unique. Being special and unique is totally different. When a human can fly, it means that human is special and unique but when a human favours homosexuality as his sexual preference, it doesn't change who is he is. He's still human and not special and not unique.

This is where the problem lies. You guys are trying to tell the world you are special and unique when you are not. You want special laws to be created for your needs. You want to be treated differently and special which is wrong. You ask to be treated with respect...Respect is not demanded but gained. Your attitude towards others gains you respect. If you act like a bitcch and want to be respected like a queen, it doesn't work that way. You don't go on social networking sites creating annoying threads about homosexuality and how you feel special and you think you're different and better than others and hoping straight individuals would like you. All the homosexual guys on nairaland have either created a thread about how being homosexual is cool and what not or commented on one. You don't see a straight nairaland dude creating a thread about being straight and demanding for respect because we don't need the attention. We know we're cool.

I'm not sure if you got the points I was trying to pass across but in case you didn't. Here's a short excerpt of all what I was trying to say. If you're gay, just be gay and don't try to wash your sexuality on others. It's annoying. Just live life and enjoy being what you are. Don't cause unneccessary attention towards yourself. Don't ask to be treated differently and don't demand respect. Live and enjoy life like a normal human and respect would come to you naturally.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by ogeoflyf(f): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mtcheeewww!!b angry angry . Nonsense!! These gays shld continue washin demselvez.. d devil wld alwaiz giv u a reason 2 defend such rubbish.
As far as I am concerned, they all need strong deliverance, serz one, revival untop thier head!!!

*GAY ALERT* cheesy grin.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Actually millions of straight individuals have got big problem with the existence of gay people.Wash their sexuality in your faces.elaborate pls?

oh please!
You appeal to things like society and common sense and basic rights to promote ur opinion of homosexual normality,well societies have been wrong before(Nazi Germany...). What is common sense to one person isnt necessarily common sense to another.and basic rights? We all have basic human rights but homosexuals want special rights,laws passed to protect their sexual behavior,they want to redefine marriage and require every1 accept it. They want every1 to think like them and approve of their "inborn sexual orientation"and if u dnt,you're labeled a bigot! Yep,they r so tolerant!
mtcheeeew *long hiss*

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
ogeoflyf: Mtcheeewww!!b angry angry . Nonsense!! These gays shld continue washin demselvez.. d devil wld alwaiz giv u a reason 2 defend such rubbish.
As far as I am concerned, they all need strong deliverance, serz one, revival untop thier head!!!

*GAY ALERT* cheesy grin.
I think u need deliverance from ur st.u.pidity, serious one cheesy
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by druid06(m): 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
Joavid:

oh please!
You appeal to things like society and common sense and basic rights to promote ur opinion of homosexual normality,well societies have been wrong before(Nazi Germany...). What is common sense to one person isnt necessarily common sense to another.and basic rights? We all have basic human rights but homosexuals want special rights,laws passed to protect their sexual behavior,they want to redefine marriage and require every1 accept it. They want every1 to think like them and approve of their "inborn sexual orientation"and if u dnt,you're labeled a bigot! Yep,they r so tolerant!
mtcheeeew *long hiss*

I like you. You just explained everything I wanted to.
Re: Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. by druid06(m): 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
Joavid:

oh please!
mtcheeeew *long hiss*

I like you. You just explained everything I wanted to in a simple paragraph.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blockbuster: Russia Killed 30 Top Level Us, Israeli, Uk In Missile Strike!!! / Hillary Clinton Farts During Debate / Cold War Echoes As African Leaders Resist Criticising Putin’s War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.