Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,164 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race (8638 Views)

Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case / Akpabio Wins Senatorial Race, APC Calls For Cancellation Of Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by deda(m): 4:40am On Sep 26, 2013
Human Rights activist Festus Keyamo’s foray into politics may have been put on hold, at least for the moment.

The Lagos-based lawyer has withdrawn from the primaries of the Delta central senatorial bye-election, describing the exercise as stage-managed and a sham.

Mr Keyamo, who is running on the platform of the All Progressives’ Congress (APC), alleges that the process was being rigged in favour of his opponent Otega Emerhor.

In a letter to the APC’s bye-election committee in delta state, Mr Keyamo listed several grievances including the hijack of election materials by thugs loyal to his opponent.

He also accused the APC committee members of openly conniving with his opponent to perpetrate fraud.

Mr Keyamo’s statement reads in part “I boldly say that any result that comes out of today’s exercise will be a colossal fraud and waste of time. This is a notice that no vote should be cast or counted in my favour in the stage-managed process”

It will be recalled that the acting National Vice Chairman (South-South) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Tom Ikimi denied the adoption of human rights lawyer, Festus Keyamo as the senatorial candidate of the party for the Delta central senatorial seat.

Mr. Ikimi was speaking in the Edo state capital, Benin City, that neither the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) nor the Senate has declared the seat vacant following the death of Senator Pius Ewherido.

He explained that the organ of the APC in Delta state at the moment is the interim national executive committee and the party is still in the process of putting in place state harmonising committees there.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/09/25/keyamo-withdraws-from-delta-senatorial-race/
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by RichDad1(m): 5:17am On Sep 26, 2013
APC, I thought you guys promised transparent internal democracy?

3 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 26, 2013
Na waoh...from PDP to ACN abi na APC na trouble...
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 26, 2013
Nigeria will go to the puppies if this APC as much as sees the corridors of Aso rock.

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by talktrue1(m): 6:19am On Sep 26, 2013
I hope he gathers enough evidence to sue them
Maybe things can start chaging from there
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Omexonomy: 6:48am On Sep 26, 2013
Apc are cry cry babies that want to be spoon fed.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by gramci: 7:19am On Sep 26, 2013
Where is Gbawe?

3 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by jamace(m): 7:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Rich Dad: APC, I thought you guys promised transparent internal democracy?

That one is just a POLITICAL TALK. grin grin
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by bknight: 7:35am On Sep 26, 2013
Politics is not yet a clean process in Nigeria, nor anywhere else in the world. Will never be clean.

Keyamo is acting the saint? undecided
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by jmaine: 7:40am On Sep 26, 2013
As predicted by good political analysts conversant with the shenanigans of the fake progressives . . . . grin
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by dridowu: 7:41am On Sep 26, 2013
Festus Keyamo case is one of the normal thing that occur in Nigeria politics cos once someone loss an election d next thing d loser cry foul of fraud

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by samilo88(m): 8:04am On Sep 26, 2013
Keyamo should better go back to do what he knows how to do best. This is Nigeria politics, it does bad things to good people. The truth is, people with good intentions would never make it naijah's politics. Keyamo should have learnt from what happened to Soludo..
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by stebell(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2013
APC party of "Progressives" indeed. Keyamo shud join PDP instead. He shud hv ask why Asari wanted to join PDP and not others. Things happen in de ruling party believe me. APC is an ethnic party and ethnic parties don't thrive in Naija ask Buhari he'll tell yu.
Fresh Air all de way
Long Live PDP
Long Live #Team GEJ#
Long Live Naija
Goodluck to haters till 2019.

9 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by teskyg: 8:29am On Sep 26, 2013
Progressive my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by taharqa: 9:08am On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by ogb5(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2013
gramci: Where is Gbawe?

He is in hiding. He is seriously thinking how to spin this

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Ofido(m): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2013
i said this before now that this apc tyrants will disgrace kayemo
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Iriruaga100(m): 9:43am On Sep 26, 2013
Where is gbawe.........Abi e don go hide face?Nigeria will remain the same whether its APC or PDP.We just need revolution to change things.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2013
The same way they conducted Anambra governorship primary election. They even claimed that Ngige won 63000 votes to beat Ezeemo.In 2010 governorship election Ngige could even get such number of votes in the entire state, this is an open fraud. Though Rochas boasted that APC primary is needles that Ngige has won which means they have done it secretly before the actual Primary.In Ekiti state the governor is chasing Bamidele like a criminal because he indicated his interest in Ekiti 2014 governorship election.The way i am seeing this people, Nigeria is heading to absolute monarchial system of Government if they win.Keyamo please take heart, a bad tree cannot bear good fruit even if it changes its name and leopard cannot change its colour no matter the situation.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Alxmyr(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2013
gramci: Where is Gbawe?

He is holidaying in a remote village in one of this APC state.
There is no internet service in that village.

Let me help him to spin this one.

But seriously, Keyamo must have been sent by PDP to spy on APC.
Keyamo is an old PDP candidate. He defend their cases in court.
Infact EFCC just gave him some brief and the aim of the brief is to discredit progressive APC which is sophisticated in choosing candidates.

:::Gbawe and all APC goons; hope I tried to defend our parti. grin
grin

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Where is the hypocritical @Gbawe? His usually long epistle is needed here urgently.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by taharqa: 11:00am On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Where is the hypocritical @Gbawe? His usually long epistle is needed here urgently.

Like this one??

Gbawe: Laughing at those who were screaming and tearing off their own robes because Soludo was schemed out of things in Anambra. What makes things even more comical is that it is the same set of clannish people who call APC all manners of negatives daily on this forum without realising that the greatest strength of the APC is the reality of how, beyond the lies and immature name-calling, it is a Party that will always endeavour to help Nigeria's best and most meritoriously-endowed hands gain power instead of frustrating them openly as others do without shame.

Keyamo, totally new to politics, gains what he wants without prolonged rancour or "do-or-die" wahala. This is beautiful to see and , for me, the salvation of Nigeria. This, as we continue to say, is what makes the APC special. Anybody can join the Party but its important positions, i.e those that affects the lives of ordinary Nigerians, will be reserved for proven performers.

The acceptance of Keyamo indicates what is at the core of the change Nigeria needs i.e replacing garbage with the best Nigeria has to offer unlike other Parties that openly shuns, undermines and disgraces performers to give Nigeria individuals who are indolence, corruption and incompetence personified. Congratulations to Festus Keyamo. Another 'good guy' enters the arena courtesy of the APC the natural destination of the best in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/1438608/keyamo-emerges-consensus-senatorial-candidate#18108529

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2013
grin grin Progressives my foot. Gbawe went with Buhari and Tinubu to US abi Uk.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2013
taharqa:

Like this one??

https://www.nairaland.com/1438608/keyamo-emerges-consensus-senatorial-candidate#18108529

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Exactly! @Gbawe will be thoroughly ashamed of himself at the moment. If I were him, I will temporarily drop the moniker, Gbawe, and be a guest for now.

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by amarilo: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Exactly! @Gbawe will be thoroughly ashamed of himself at the moment. If I were him, I will temporarily drop the moniker, Gbawe, and be a guest for now.
He is already a guest.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Boboedom: 11:46am On Sep 26, 2013
Let him go and begin from the state house of assembly. Senate is not for small boys now.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Gbawe: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Illiterate. Did I write the article? I spoke based on the expectation that what was stated in the article is factual. Get that into your thick head and stop this simple-minded obsession with fellow Nairalanders. Only a liar like you is serially made to be ashamed of himself here because you have been caught fabricating wildly many times. Unlike you, I don't lie. Here I commented on the assumptions others present a factual representation of events.

As long as I quoted an article any responsible person knows I have the right to speak decisively upon at the time of writing, then I have nothing to explain to clowns like you.

6 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Trut(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Gbawe:

Illiterate. Did I write the article? I spoke based on the expectation that what was stated in the article is factual. Get that into your thick head and stop this simple-minded obsession with fellow Nairalanders. Only a liar like you is serially made to be ashamed of himself here because you have been caught fabricating wildly many times. Unlike you, I don't lie. Here I commented on the assumptions others present a factual representation of events.

As long as I quoted an article any responsible person knows I have the right to speak decisively upon at the time of writing, then I have nothing to explain to clowns like you.

Gbawe is back with his usual long EPISTLE grin grin grin

You didn't write the article, but you wrote this:

Gbawe: Laughing at those who were screaming and tearing off their own robes because Soludo was schemed out of things in Anambra. What makes things even more comical is that it is the same set of clannish people who call APC all manners of negatives daily on this forum without realising that the greatest strength of the APC is the reality of how, beyond the lies and immature name-calling, it is a Party that will always endeavour to help Nigeria's best and most meritoriously-endowed hands gain power instead of frustrating them openly as others do without shame.

Keyamo, totally new to politics, gains what he wants without prolonged rancour or "do-or-die" wahala. This is beautiful to see and , for me, the salvation of Nigeria. This, as we continue to say, is what makes the APC special. Anybody can join the Party but its important positions, i.e those that affects the lives of ordinary Nigerians, will be reserved for proven performers.

The acceptance of Keyamo indicates what is at the core of the change Nigeria needs i.e replacing garbage with the best Nigeria has to offer unlike other Parties that openly shuns, undermines and disgraces performers to give Nigeria individuals who are indolence, corruption and incompetence personified. Congratulations to Festus Keyamo. Another 'good guy' enters the arena courtesy of the APC the natural destination of the best in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Brb
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by peterkul(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Eyaaaa......What are his reasons
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by horlabiyi(m): 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
SB
Re: Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race by Fazhy: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
politricks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Results Of Imo State Governorship Election / N23bn Election Fund: How N900m Was Shared In Gombe, Adamawa / Olawepo Hashim Leads Oby Ezekwesili On Her Group Presidential Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.