Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

A Night At A Lagos Police Station - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Night At A Lagos Police Station (11695 Views)

Crises In Jos, Police Station Burnt - Photos / Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / President Jonathan Dancing Orezi's Shoki Last Night At Eko Hotel, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by ballabriggs: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Godspikin: This is not fiction, it is a common occurence in Lagos. I remember my experience with these thieves called police at Allen junction in 2010. I was just coming out of a bank, skye bank precisely, then this young man approached me and asked me to identify myself, I had no I.d card on me but because I had noticed he was aware I had some money on me, I actually had just withdrawn #20,000, so I said y shuld I do that, he said he is a police officer and I was under arrest. I was boiling inside but had to take it cool, he asked me and my friend who had gone with me, cos we were actually going,tobuy a suit to come over to their Vehicle which he called Area sumtin, I folowed him, he searched us and found money on me, he then searched ma fone and found some emails and a draft message I had planned to send to the governor of my state protesting his non payment of bursaries, the police man lauhed,hysterivally and said this is treason... I was mad.... Ba3 low....

Cool story bro, cool story. You care to tell it again?
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by Rossikk(m): 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Gracydee: Nigerian police is nothing to write home about. They are just a bunch of useless pple.

Personally I hate anybody wearing that uniform with a passion I can't explain. Infact, I find it very hard to have a little sympathetic feeling when anything bad happens to any of them (including all other law enforcement agencies sef) and at such times I feel I am kinda stonehearted but sincerely no matter how much I try, I don't have any pity for them. Imagine them just arresting people off the road after a hard day's work just to quench their selfish thirst for money.

Only God can help us in this country but this people should know that there's something called Nemesis and that the government is bad, government is not treating us well is not an excuse before God to do bad things.

While you're nursing your deep hatred for Nigerian policemen, better remember that it is precisely because of them that YOU can sleep safely in your house tonight, as they patrol the streets all night at great risk to their lives, and for wretched pay which you could never survive on, especially after fixing your hair, your nails, and your fancy clothes and designer handbags. Remember also, how many THOUSANDS of Nigerian policemen have been KILLED on the streets in shootouts with robbers, and even terrorists, which allows YOU - INGRATE - to sleep safely every night.

If you think it is that your stupi.d gate that protects you from men of the underworld and the majority underclass who would rob you and strip you of all you have today (and then kill you) if they could, think again, DUMBO. It is the Nigerian Police. THINK about that next time you feel ''so much hatred'' for the people keeping your DUMB self ALIVE.

1 Like

Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by PurestBoy(m): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
ebiye55:

I have had an encounter with them, they stopped me, asked me to drive beside the fence of the station(not inside). They checked all my vehicle particulars and DL and said my DL was fake! All because the issuing state was LAGOS and the code at the back began with RV (rivers state)

My response to him [OGA, anywhere you want make we go, I ready my licence no be fake!] The guy fear!!! grin

Can you hear yourself out?
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by zill(f): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
stexsy: i just hate those guys wit passion..

You are not alone. I had an encounter with one this evening and felt like collecting his gun and shoot him.
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by lonelydora: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
[b]THAT IS WHY WHENEVER I HEAR THAT BOKO HARAM ATTACKED A POLICE STATION AND KILLED SOM OF THEM, SOMEHOW I FEEL HAPPY BECAUSE THEY ARE REAPING WHAT THEY SOWED.[/b]
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by bighead1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
@op God bless you.

this bunch of bas-tards are erry where man.

they have arrested me several time while walrking home from my place of business, thanks to ma student i.d card that is always in my possession and always comes to my aid. and most times when i show them my ID card they still utter their trade mark word "Enter Motor My Friend", but still i happen to have a family friend who is also an Assistant Inspector General of Police, so when they insist that i should enter motor upon speaking big big grammars, i wont talk or say anything and they keep telling me that wont you call your people, but my silence leaves them wondering who i am and i just keep on telling them that """when we get to your station i would like to see your DPO i would like him to talk to my uncle who is an AIG and tell him if he was the one who ordered this patrol""".

BTW i say this when we get very close to the station. so theu just call me back while off-loading people from their van and tell me """you should have understand what we are trying to say since now, follow us talk, make we know how much they your hand. but i just keep braging, and they will later let me off their hook without paying kobo. they all now know me very well in my area sha...

MOFOs smiley grin grin grin
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by micfoley: 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
This is really sad but we all know it is true! In fact, right at this moment in many locations in Nigeria, this same thing is happening. Pls, OP whatever it takes, state the name of this station and the day it happened. Somebody on this forum will read it and do the needful.
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by kobenol(m): 12:27am On Sep 27, 2013
Peeps google "Criminal Pricedure Act", "Police Act" & " Criminal Code Act".
Laws of the Federation of Nigeria and pls be informed.
Police require "Arrest Warrant" before or immediately after arresting you when you demand.
Subsequently a "Charge Sheet".
"Inventory Sheet" is attested by such suspect before police holds any of their properties.
"Statement sheet" is where the suspect details the situation.
Implicating the bada§s cop here in your graphic detail would make them chill.
Now understand, bragging and insults / shouts won't help (don't raise their ego). They could manipulate a lot of things.
Control your emotions and erase the slightest fright don't call mummy! and weep..NO!
Hence they wan to thread carefully too...(they still like their job though cos it pays).
Calmness, firm keynote statements with mind control would make them wonder who they have or who you're connected with.
Make a note of their names and / or service no.s, just might need it for concrete evidence.
Ask to see Div. Police Officer, or perhaps Div. Crime Officer..
Firmness, not aggressiveness pls.
__
....They ride on disinformation of large populace, if peeps show them road and land them gbege dem go couple...

1 Like

Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by Godspikin: 10:12am On Sep 28, 2013
rhazur:

Fabu of lyf......... grin

Fabu of lyf......... grin
My guess is that you must have thought it was 'fabu' because I said ba3 low. Ma battery was actually low and the fone was about going off so I had to quickly post that part.

... We were actually held there for more than an hour. My greatest surprise was that the traders, in front of whose shop we were held kept on with their business and did not even interfere. I was raising my voice and telling the guys that we have not commited any crime. They asked us to show them our palm and on pressing it, they said una dey press computer, una dey browse, I said yes of course, am a student. They brought us close to their patrol vans twice with the intent of driving us away but we insisted we didnt do anything wrong. One of them now appeared sympathetic and called me to the side (in a good cop bad cop move),, telling me that I,will have to give those guys something, that even though he knows we are innocent there is little he can do to help us. I was forced to give them #500, after my friend had paid for the meal one of them had. They refused the #500 initially, so I insisted am not even giving anything, after a while they sent the 'good cop' to me to collect it and allowed us to leave after having being delayed for about two hours.

That's my story, if you think its a 'fabu', thats your problem. Moreover, I have a had a more pathetic experience where I was almost shot at around Okemesi ekiti in 2009, while doing research for my B.tech thesis, bet you wouldn't even believe any bit of that ifi shared it.
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by Godspikin: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2013
Rossikk:

While you're nursing your deep hatred for Nigerian policemen, better remember that it is precisely because of them that YOU can sleep safely in your house tonight, as they patrol the streets all night at great risk to their lives, and for wretched pay which you could never survive on, especially after fixing your hair, your nails, and your fancy clothes and designer handbags. Remember also, how many THOUSANDS of Nigerian policemen have been KILLED on the streets in shootouts with robbers, and even terrorists, which allows YOU - INGRATE - to sleep safely every night.

If you think it is that your stupi.d gate that protects you from men of the underworld and the majority underclass who would rob you and strip you of all you have today (and then kill you) if they could, think again, DUMBO. It is the Nigerian Police. THINK about that next time you feel ''so much hatred'' for the people keeping your DUMB self ALIVE.

I suspect you, you be POLICE?
Even if you are and what you are saying about them protecting us is true, which in reality even though they are meant to protect and are actually doing a 'little' of what they are meant to, the bulk of them are actually thieves and associates of those underclass robbers you were refering to. Let's assume ur point is absolutely true, does that give them the right to arrest innocent citizens just to satisfy their greed? Which is what,the topic is about.
My guess is you will see what they are,doing as right only if you benefit from such a wicked and unbelievably pathetic system of 'Policing', because even if you have not been so arrested, it should be a shame to you that we have cops whocan descend to that level, especially,ones that will flee when the real criminals are coming, except of course you are a practitioner of such act.
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by juman(m): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2013
donroxy: This is what happens in a Jungle-Justice Nation !!!

Hmmmm.

Very sad country. See how our people dey suffer.
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by pickabeau1: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
kobenol: Peeps google "Criminal Pricedure Act", "Police Act" & " Criminal Code Act".
Laws of the Federation of Nigeria and pls be informed.
Police require "Arrest Warrant" before or immediately after arresting you when you demand.
Subsequently a "Charge Sheet".
"Inventory Sheet" is attested by such suspect before police holds any of their properties.
"Statement sheet" is where the suspect details the situation.
Implicating the bada§s cop here in your graphic detail would make them chill.
Now understand, bragging and insults / shouts won't help (don't raise their ego). They could manipulate a lot of things.
Control your emotions and erase the slightest fright don't call mummy! and weep..NO!
Hence they wan to thread carefully too...(they still like their job though cos it pays).
Calmness, firm keynote statements with mind control would make them wonder who they have or who you're connected with.
Make a note of their names and / or service no.s, just might need it for concrete evidence.
Ask to see Div. Police Officer, or perhaps Div. Crime Officer..
Firmness, not aggressiveness pls.
__
....They ride on disinformation of large populace, if peeps show them road and land them gbege dem go couple...
Re: A Night At A Lagos Police Station by Gracydee(f): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
Rossikk:

I am sure I am not as DUMB as you are. As much as there would have been sense in your write up, you spoilt everything by taking me up personally. Just in case you dont know, it is not because of them that i sleep and wake up. If they have such powers to keep someone safe why don't they keep themselves safe whenever the need arises. It is only a dumb person like you that will think his life is been secured by a fellow human being, SMH for you. Meanwhile, with this defence you are putting up, I can place a bet that you are either one of them or probably a beneficiary of their loot.

You better change your ways.That you earn something I can not survive on is not an excuse to do bad things else you won't end up suffering in hell after the suffering on earth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello And Sultan Of Sokoto At National Security Seminar (Photos) / FG Begins Oil Bloc Bid Rounds In May / Revealed: How Ibb, Buhari, Atikuothers Sponsor Boko Haram!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.