Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? (1145 Views)

Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / Opeyemi Bamidele Of Ekiti State Decamp To Apc Tomorow Welcome GMB. / Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by lateef4me(m): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2013
Dr Kayode Fayemi is an amiable man,a clear departure from Ayo Fayose and likes in PDP but the happenings now in Ekiti because of the governorship election coming up is really showing us the true nature of these people who call themselves 'progressive ' .

Without any primary election,the incumbent governor Dr Kayode Fayemi was endorsed by the party as their candidate for the coming election . I have thought this should be enough for the governor but hell no ,the man has been harassing and intimidating Opeyemi Bamidele for having the effrontery to contest against him .

Opeyemi's Dad was removed from being the chairman of the party APC at the local govt. Level ,as if that is not enough ,Fayemi sent thugs,police and members of the state NURTW to disrupt the rally of Opeyemi Bamidele ,where many of his supporters were wounded,arrested and imprisoned .

The questions now is ,is Fayemi really afraid of Bamidele or he is just doing this to 'teach him a lesson' for daring him ?

Even Festus Keyamo that was recently endorsed by top shot of APC just learnt that he has been led on wild chase when the' primary ' conducted was won by Otega Emerhor . Hon. Gbawe created a thread not long ago where he praised APC to high heavens to attract credible guys into their fold .

Should the harassment of Bamidele continue without condemnation by the ogas of APC ? Is Keyamo not credible enough for APC ? Is APC really progressive in their ideology ? These are the questions begging for answers as APC tout themselves as better alternative to PDP and we approach 2015 elections .

Lateef, a concerned citizen from State of Osun .
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 26, 2013
The intrigues of Ekiti politics shows that since the inception of the democratic era in 1999, the state has not had a governor who has served two terms as stipulated by the constitution. Strange but true.
1999-2003 Niyi Adebayo.
2003-2006 Ayo Fayose
2007-2010 Segun Oni
2010 till date Kayode Fayemi

This trend is what the current governor is trying to avert, but by fighting MOB (Michael Opeyemi Bamidele) he is rather endearing him more to the people. Ekiti indigenes are very sensitive to such struggles and they respond by coming to the aid of the perceived underdog.

Fayemi is a good person but he is fighting a lost battle. When his government was sworn in, rumors started making the rounds that they would not see the last year in office, Well like bad news the news eventually reached the ears of the governor who responded to this rumor during his monthly media interaction 'Meet the governor'. Alas 2013 came and his original deputy did not see the last year in office. Partial fulfillment of a prophecy you might say, but that is Ekiti for you. Also the numerous tussles with workers over wages at different times by the current administration have cast the governor as a villain in the eyes of a section of Ekiti people

At the risk of being labelled superstitious I am keenly watching events as they unfold, to see if indeed the Ekiti state government house has a curse that repels re-election of sitting governors.
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by lateef4me(m): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2013
" Fayemi is a good person but he is fighting a lost battle. "

You said above that Fayemi is a good man ,but will a good man be fighting dirty with someone who have legal and constitutional rights to the seat of governor he's presently occupying ? Why don't he allow his good works to speak for him ?

I honestly believe Fayemi is being pushed . The man I see does not have the tendency of being violent !
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 26, 2013
Well for now, the details of what actually happened is shrouded in secrecy. We may have to wait a few years to know the truth in this case, do not forget that a whole brigade of political jobbers are advisers to the governor. From social media interaction, on the morning of MOB's rally police had already been deployed to strategic locations(according to those resident in the state).

What happened was uncalled for,it is basically the same thing GEJ's supporters are clamoring for; you cannot deny a man his constitutional rights. You can however step up your game to ensure the populace vote cast the majority votes in your favor.
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by lateef4me(m): 10:50am On Sep 26, 2013
Let's keep our fingers crossed then !
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by lastmanstandn(m): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2013
MOB is just replaying the 2011 tape here again, where he attempted to upturn every hitherto existing arrangement before the 2011 Ekiti Central Election. Every keen observer of Ekiti politics in the past would be aware of the Fayemi Mandate struggle and its major financiers, starting from the Bode Ola saga, Ido Osi Re-run, Oye Campaigns. Etc. The active role of Babafemi Ojudu, the Olumiluas, etc those who stood by Fayemi, and those who were busy in lagos, hoping to capture power from their offices in Alausa.

MOB should wait. He has a bright future in Ekiti State. He is good. But he shouldn't try to force his way so as not to go the Fayose way. Fayemi is still very popular and apprecciated in major parts of ekiti hence MOB is bound to meet still resistance from the people of Ado to Ikere (Olumiluas), Ifelodun, Ifaki to Oye (hijacked from Oni), Ikole to Emure, Ilawe to Igbara, Afao to Ijan (Fayose's homezome, which he couldn't win), and other APC major areas.
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by lateef4me(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
What guarantee can you give him that Fayemi will hand over the ticket to him after his second term without him Fayemi trying to instal his own stooge ?

My people and their reasonings sha !
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by russellino: 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
lateef4me:

Should the harassment of Bamidele continue without condemnation by the ogas of APC ?

Once its APC nothing happened. If it had been PDP their e-hacks would have had it trending on social media for weeks
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by lateef4me(m): 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
How come none of our activist,critic are not saying anything about this harassment ? Is it because Fayemi used to be among them before ?
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by lateef4me(m): 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fayemi ,Fayemi ,Fayemi ,stop harassing Opeyemi Bamidele for your own good ....
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by Marotzke(m): 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hon Gbawe? Who told you Gbawe is honorable.
Re: Dr Fayemi ,APC ,WHY ARE YOU HARASSING OPEYEMI BAMIDELE ? by lastmanstandn(m): 7:54am On Sep 28, 2013
lateef4me: What guarantee can you give him that Fayemi will hand over the ticket to him after his second term without him Fayemi trying to instal his own stooge ?

My people and their reasonings sha !

Your reasoning is indeed great. Fayemi doesn't have to hand over to him. MOB has been given the nod to contest the primaries. But campaigns shouldn't start until ordered open by INEC(even the governor is yet to start campaigning) only if you mistake endorsements for campaigns.

All I say is MOB shouldn't overheat Ekiti State for nothing. He shouldn't cry foul that all the bigwigs in Ekiti endorses JKF. He should be constitutional in his actions.

(1) (Reply)

African Child Foundation Celebrates Universal Children's Day / Nigeria-south Africa Relations: Beyond Rivalry To Stronger Ties / FG Budgets N950m For 3 Classrooms,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.