Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Electric Shock Keyboard To Cure Facebook Addiction - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Electric Shock Keyboard To Cure Facebook Addiction (775 Views)

Electric Smart Self Balance Wheel Hoverboard This Will Make Your Life Better!!!! / Daughter's Ipad Charger 'explodes In Father's Hand' Giving Him An Electric Shock / Electric Yam Pounder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Electric Shock Keyboard To Cure Facebook Addiction by Rapmaestro(m): 9:06am On Sep 26, 2013
Keyboard Electrical Shock Therapy Can Cure Your Facebook Addiction
As they say,“desperate times call for desperate measures.” If you believe that philosophy, you might like this extreme solution to solve your Facebook addiction. Actually, it won’t just cure Facebook addiction, but it will train your brain to stay away from any website you waste too much time on. Electrical shock therapy is nothing new, and using it in this context makes me laugh. I can see how this would be effective though. It’s a way to use Pavlov’s Dog treatment on yourself.
That’s right. Now you can train your brain (through electrical shock therapy) that it’s bad to procrastinate important tasks by hanging out on Facebook, Twitter or any other time consuming website. It’s called thePavlov Poke, and it was created by MIT doctoral candidates Robert Morris and Dan McDuff.
According to Mr. McDuff,“It monitors application usage and if you spend too much time on a particular website or application, it will give you a shock. The shock is unpleasant but not dangerous.” This electrical shock therapy has apparently cured Robert and Dan of their extreme Facebook addiction so now they can focus on finishing their dissertations.
Of course, the Pavlov Poke is all just a joke (the video below is awesome). Its purpose is to initiate a discussion about how communication technologies are designed, and how addicting they can become for all of us. Now that all these technologies are so accessible via our mobile devices, they are even harder to resist.
I’m sure there are probably some people out there who have such an extreme Facebook addiction that they might invite a little electrical shock therapy. The way it works is simple. Conductive metals strips are added to your keyboard. Then when you spend too much time on any website you are trying to avoid, an electrical current is sent through the metal strips all the way to the palm of your hand. Yikes!
Now You've got no excuse on your social site addiction, I just hope this type of device is done on phones too www.bitrebels.com/social/electrical-shock-therapy-cures-facebook/[img]www.bitrebels.com/social/[/img]

Re: Electric Shock Keyboard To Cure Facebook Addiction by Rapmaestro(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2013
The pix ain't loading well shocked

(1) (Reply)

Dear Seun, Who The F**k Is ID "Nobody" / Samsung S3 - N57,000 - Call/whatsapp Me On 08035098964 / Laptop Swap Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.