Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment (14220 Views)

We Didn't Charge N1, 000 Recruitment Fee - Interior Ministry / Tunisia Deports 98 Nigerians For Immigration Offences / Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Itoroetti(m): 11:57am On Sep 26, 2013
The claim by unemployed Nigerians that the Ministry of Interior was charging N1000 for applications to get recruited into the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has been vehemently denied by the ministry which said the fee per applicant, was for the cost of scratch card to access the recruitment portal.
It would be recalled that jobseekers, under the aegis of the Nigeria Unemployed Youths Vanguard had protested what they described as exploitation by the Nigerian government when they besieged the interior ministry’s premises on Monday.

But the permanent secretary in the ministry of interior, Anastasia Mabi Daniel-Nwaobia, who stressed that the ministry does not charge nor accept fee for jobs, advised those peddling such rumours to desist from it, as it was capable of denting government’s image.
http://bioreports.net/news/interior-ministry-denies-charging-n1000-for-nis-recruitment/

1 Like

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Itoroetti(m): 11:58am On Sep 26, 2013
So who lied?the bank or the unemployed?
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by geogino(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2013
It is even online on their portal.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Perhaps the employment portal isn't theirs... so many irregularities in the Nigeria system...

I wonder what they've got to say about those instructions listed in the pictures below.

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Itoroetti(m): 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
So who's decieving who?
Imagine the millions of nigerians that have paid for this.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nigerians would always be gullible,
Imagine how many jeeps will be purchased for onwa december by the maga that has perpetuated this crime.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by B3sty(m): 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
This is serious.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Brb
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by zangiff(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
these guys are rogues and all they know is to explore frm the pockets of the unemployed
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by fitzmayowa: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
Na wa ooo...na who we go believe now
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by adicious(m): 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
They Didn't Deny Charging 1K... They Accepted The Charge But Gave A Reason For It (For The scratch Card Whatever.....).

1 Like

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by zeelo2014: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Scratch for what? To apply? What difference does it make?

1 Like

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by horlabiyi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lobatan Is When NIS Is Denying That They Are Not Charging Any Money For The NIS Recruitment.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by doctokwus: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
But dey admitted that N1k was charged na,but claim its for scratch card.Imagine if 100,000 applied(whc is possible considering d unemployment situation& d lure of job in customs),dat is=N100m.Somebdy shd tell me this is not anoda form of get rich scheme by sbody in customs

1 Like

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by doctokwus: 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
But dey admitted that N1k was charged na,but claim its for scratch card.Imagine if 100,000 applied(whc is possible considering d unemployment situation& d lure of job in customs),dat is=N100m.Somebdy shd tell me this is not anoda form of get rich scheme by sbody in customs.

1 Like

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Fazhy: 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
cost of scratch card to access the recruitment portal.

This country is a joke.

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
i get them right. what they are saying is that the money like 850 is for the scratch card you will use to check your status and 150 is bank charges so you dont need to castigate them when they say they are not charging for the recruitment. take for instance when you do waec, gce or neco u buy scratch cards. The only complain i have is that the charges for the card is too much
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by LordReed(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Usually is some clever fellows who have approached the relevant Government agencies and entered into a private-public partnership to their mutual benefit. The private coy will take a percentage of the fees for running the website and maintaining the ecommerce flow while the OATTs will still get their own share.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by onyengbu: 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lie!!!!

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by ayodot(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Its only in Nigeria that government will be involved in an event deny it and rob it on the face of the masses..
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2013

The claim by unemployed Nigerians that the Ministry of Interior was charging
N1000 for applications to get recruited into the Nigeria Immigration Service
(NIS) has been vehemently denied by the ministry which said the fee per applicant, was for the cost of scratch card to access the recruitment portal.
Can you imagine the rubbish spewed by these greaseballs? Why should unemployed Nigerians need to pay to access a useless portal? Into whose pockets do the so-called recharge card fees enter? This country is a huge joke.

The sad part is that NONE, and I repeat, NONE of the desperate applicants that paid the N1000 fee and applied online would get the job without connections. Anyone that paid the money and is expecting to get the job on 'merit' should consider the N1000 wasted.

4 Likes

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by uken73(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
Is this real? What does it mean to vehemently deny charging N1,000 for recruitement and at the same time admitting to a N1,000 charge to access the recuitment portal? I now wonder how those who confronted them reacted to this. Did they just thank them for clearifying things and leave happy? This news gives more pressing questions than the information it provides.

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Kelklein(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2013

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by OwoLee(m): 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Foolish people, government lying to its people...seriously most of all this government official, there believe is dat they can slap our face anytime, give us bread chop nd nothin will b done...its d height of corruption, the minister needs to be Sacked straight for lying!!! embarassed undecided
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by seangy4konji: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
U need to see d queue of people paying dat 1k at UBA..down d drain money..Naija
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Jakeattah(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
But there is actually a request to pay 1k during d registration.... So wat are they saying
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Ugom87(f): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nigeria is a mess,telling an unemployed graduate to pay 1k where will they get d money,,,a friend of mine paid for this
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by LLVelly: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Itoroetti :
So who lied?the bank or the unemployed?
who lied? I'm with my deposit slip wid me 1k...iz even on there 4kin website
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
We re fvcked in this country, after all the online E-ranting,errbdy will shut up n act as if ntn happened
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by adanny01(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
Last week i paid 3k for my wife, bro in law and a friends wife.

They specified 850 for Application charges and 150 transaction charges.

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Tuntheycr7: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Itoroetti :

http://bioreports.net/news/interior-ministry-denies-charging-n1000-for-nis-recruitment/
D uduort said d money is 4 scrath card. Wher d scrath card kwanu?
Thank God I neva paid.
If i add N300 dtz a monthly subscrbtn
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by searay(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fellow citizens of Nigeria, my brothers and my sister if a black can be called white in a broad day light, I have no reservation on my about to be mentioned decision.
Sequel to this development, after due consultation with my parents, my siblings, other family members and indeed my entire community , I HEREBY OFFICIALLY GIVE UP ON NIGERIA. Thankyou for everything.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fresh N10bn NHIS Scam: Buhari Presidency Stinks, Has No Honour Left- PDP / ” Ekiti People Will Vote For Jonathan” – State PDP Tells APC, Buhari / Borno Emirs Return To Palace, 2 Years After Fleeing Boko Haram Insurgents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.