Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:34 AM

Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. (25035 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Photo Of MKO Abiola And Dele Alake After 1993 Elections / In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2013
danjuma_cse:
those are not facts my brother. give us empirical data to support your opination.then I would defend osun state with my data.
I would love to insult you hen bah I just can't. I wouldn't be dragged in your roforofo fight fuelled by envy and also you would probably beat me with experience............lol.
instead of wasting time arguing about a process that started, be productive somewhere else.

1. As an Osunite, it is convenient for you to try to stoutly deny that Osun is not a backward state. But that is just a face-saving denial, as you cannot with confident compare osun with states like Akwa Ibom and Lagos.
2. Political and economic wise, Osun is not in the scheme-of-things and has no respectable place in d comity-of-states in Nigeria.
3. Resources from states like Akwa Ibom is what Osun is dependent on for survival.
4. There is a very high
rate of poverty in Osun with no middle-class population, and d inhabitants are largely agrarian and illiterates.
5. I enjoin you to visit Google, yahoo or Wikipedia. You will find no concrete information on the Osun festival or anything of substance on that festival.
6. The Osun festival attracts mainly
peasants and some Ifa idol worshippers. Visit google and you'll find some of the photos. The festival is not for highly sophisticated international tourists.
7. Osun festival has neither the clout, character nor the finess to attract well-sophisticated foreign tourists, nor can it be compared wit a
high-profile festival such as d Calabar Carnival which draws over 10 million tourists globally.
8. Osun state (unlike Lagos and Akwa Ibom) has NO tourism infrastructure to
support leisure activities and foreign tourists. Basic
Infrastructures such as: standard hotels let alone "FIVE STAR HOTELS ", let alone beaches, or cinemas, or even well-paved city roads, OLYMPIC STADIUM, SHOPPING-MALLS are non-existent. Osun state has no tourism
potential.
9. Economic-wise, Osun states comparative
advantage is in cocoa
plantation and not
tourism.
I can go on and on and on. And these are all sacred FACTS.
If your governor wants to build tourism, he shd begin by building the basic infrastructure listed above and not to put the cart before the horse. No tourist wil fly into an "Osun Airport" to yonder around a village without any befitting place to lay his head. I AM FROM AKWA IBOM AND I AM ALSO A TOURIST. SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. OSUN HAS NOTHING THAT A TYPICAL AKWA IBOM PERSON CAN ENVY. #FACT.

2 Likes

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Mogidi: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2013
Thank God this is just a model, and so shall it remain.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:

1. As an Osunite, it is convenient for you to try to stoutly deny that Osun is not a backward state. But that is just a face-saving denial, as you cannot with confident compare osun with states like Akwa Ibom and Lagos.
2. Political and economic wise, Osun is not in the scheme-of-things and has no respectable place in d comity-of-states in Nigeria.
3. Resources from states like Akwa Ibom is what Osun is dependent on for survival.
4. There is a very high
rate of poverty in Osun with no middle-class population, and d inhabitants are largely agrarian and illiterates.
5. I enjoin you to visit Google, yahoo or Wikipedia. You will find no concrete information on the Osun festival or anything of substance on that festival.
6. The Osun festival attracts mainly
peasants and some Ifa idol worshippers. Visit google and you'll find some of the photos. The festival is not for highly sophisticated international tourists.
7. Osun festival has neither the clout, character nor the finess to attract well-sophisticated foreign tourists, nor can it be compared wit a
high-profile festival such as d Calabar Carnival which draws over 10 million tourists globally.
8. Osun state (unlike Lagos and Akwa Ibom) has NO tourism infrastructure to
support leisure activities and foreign tourists. Basic
Infrastructures such as: standard hotels let alone "FIVE STAR HOTELS ", let alone beaches, or cinemas, or even well-paved city roads, OLYMPIC STADIUM, SHOPPING-MALLS are non-existent. Osun state has no tourism
potential.
9. Economic-wise, Osun states comparative
advantage is in cocoa
plantation and not
tourism.
I can go on and on and on. And these are all sacred FACTS.
If your governor wants to build tourism, he shd begin by building the basic infrastructure listed above and not to put the cart before the horse. No tourist wil fly into an "Osun Airport" to yonder around a village without any befitting place to lay his head. I AM FROM AKWA IBOM AND I AM ALSO A TOURIST. SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. OSUN HAS NOTHING THAT A TYPICAL AKWA IBOM PERSON CAN ENVY. #FACT.
jealousy. you should be happy for your brother's progress. still, your facts are wrong.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by emiye(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
To the ignoramus talking about osun state not having tourist sites

http://www.nanngronline.com/section/tourism/osun-needs-n10b-to-upgrade-65-tourist-sites-official
GOV. RAUF AREGBESOLA OF OSUN

NAN-H-84

Tourism

Osogbo, Sept. 28, 2012 (NAN) The Osun Government said on Friday that it would need about N10 billion to upgrade 65 tourist sites in the state to enviable standards.

The Chairman of the Osun State Tourism Development Committee, Dr Abimbola Daniyan, made the announcement in Oshogbo at a forum organised by the committee as part of events marking the 2012 World Tourism Day.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the forum has as its theme as: ``Osun Heritage Development: Gateway to Sustainable Tourism’’.

According to Daniyan, the state government has worked out a three-year master plan with the aim of developing the tourist sites through Public Private Partnership.

Daniyan said the projected earnings of the State Government in the business would not be less N15 billion within three years.

He said that five out of the 65 tourist sites had been upgraded with facilities such as water and power supply.

He called on stakeholders in tourism to partner with the State Government in its efforts to globalise the state's tourism sites toward the development of the state's economy.

``We want to make our tourism potential more attractive to the outside world and we want to transform heritage sites to money-making places in the best interest of the state.

Mr Dapo Oyinlola, General Manager, Osun Tourism Board, called on communities where the tourism and cultural sites were located to help preserve the heritage sites.

Oyinlola assured interested tourism investors that government was prepared to provide the needed conducive environment by putting modern infrastructure in place.

NAN recalls that the 2012 World Tourism Day with theme: Tourism and Sustainable Energy: Powering Sustainable Development was marked worldwide on Sept. 27. (NAN)

1 Like

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by emiye(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mogidi: Thank God this is just a model, and so shall it remain.

What? shocked I didnt see this earlier, you even included God in your hatred .

God will spare your life, and you will hear and see the project commissioned.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by basilo101: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
A rural state lyk Osun shud luk in2 agriculture. I lyk wat Ebonyi is doing in dat regard

1 Like

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
basilo101: A rural state lyk Osun shud luk in2 agriculture. I lyk wat Ebonyi is doing in dat regard

Cocoa is Nigeria's second largest export after oil and Osun is the 2nd largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria.

Osun invested in Agric than more than any other state in Nigeria, they even bought trains to transport their farmers and produce to market centers all the way to Lagos.

A Korean Firm just set up shop in Osun with Sign N60bn Agric invstment

20 Osun youths are in Germany for advanced training in agriculture and food production technology in State of Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.

O'Beef is up and running with 10,000 cattles

Osun gave farmers acres of land free of charge

Osun gave our billions in agric co-op funds and fertilizers..

Ogbeni is killing 2 birds with one stop by building this airport because it takes care of farm produce, machinery and services and at the same time ferry tourists to the state .

Ogbeni is putting together a classic economic jigsaw puzzle

What Ogbeni Aregbeshola is doing is called diversification. Osun is a major tourist location and it's criminal for Aregbesola or any government not to exploit it's resources and potentials to the max for the benefit of the people of Osun.

Osun is on UNESCO'S list and website as must visit tourist location.

United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) adopted Osun Grove as a World Heritage Site.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/art/arts/130702-revving-up-osun-osogbo-festival-to-global-taste

You don't put all your eggs in one basket if your idea is self sufficiency.

Osun is maximizing it's potentials for maximum self sufficiency from Agric to IT center, Tourism and beyond.

Oil is a depletive resources and Osun is fast positioning itself for life without Oil and monthly allocations like Lagos and Ogun

Stop confining and limiting your thoughts, good leaders maximize their resources, potentials and opportunities and Ogbeni Aregbe is a great and dynamic leader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by eaglechild: 12:16am On Sep 30, 2013
basilo101: A rural state lyk Osun shud luk in2 agriculture. I lyk wat Ebonyi is doing in dat regard
Thank you my brother, that is what they should do, not putting up substandard airport models for poor farmers.
Focus should be on expanding cocoa produce and constructing rural roads for easy transport.
Not on an airport that no will suffer low patronage and fall to ruins.
Subsidy for farmers and good rural roads for the mainly rural agrarian state.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by ujoinme: 12:23am On Sep 30, 2013
agbameta:

Cocoa is Nigeria's second largest export after oil and Osun is the 2nd largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria.

Osun invested in Agric than more than any other state in Nigeria, they even bought trains to transport their farmers and produce to market centers all the way to Lagos.

Glad to see Ekoile AKA Agbameta now taking pride in his home state of osun instead of his attache nature to lagos. this brother has finally wise up. there is no place like home, there is no place like home,Eko ile repeat that 100x. lol
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by agbameta: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2013
ujoinme:

Glad to see Ekoile AKA Agbameta now taking pride in his home state of osun instead of his attache nature to lagos. this brother has finally wise up. there is no place like home, there is no place like home,Eko ile repeat that 100x. lol

Oponu villager, the fact that I'm a Lagosian troubles you at night?

I'm a Yoruba man and what part of Yourubaland I come from is irrelevant, we are Yoruba firs and we take pride in our collective achievements all over Yorubaland unlike you disunited, fragmented and no progress losers...

Stop chasing me around you fhaggg, I don't do men..
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by ujoinme: 5:40am On Sep 30, 2013
agbameta:

Oponu villager, the fact that I'm a Lagosian troubles you at night?

I'm a Yoruba man and what part of Yourubaland I come from is irrelevant, we are Yoruba firs and we take pride in our collective achievements all over Yorubaland unlike you disunited, fragmented and no progress losers...

Stop chasing me around you fhaggg, I don't do men..

be proud of ur state afterall your gov. rauf is building a new airport and a brand new 4 star best western hotel. isnt he trying?
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by abayoureal: 5:15am On Nov 11, 2013
Thank God for the new developments in the state.But the issue of Ido-osun $ Ede clashing over the site of the airport should be looked into..Which community originally owns the land?#CRITICAL ISSUE#
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by kettykin: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2013
The chances of this airport not ending up as an abode for rodents and reptiles is not very slim,.
First is why would the airport be different from ibadan airport, with ibadan rated as the second largest city in Nigeria , the 4th largest populous state in Nigeria(fake census) the state with the 5th largest concentration of banks but with an airport that is close to the city but unused by the people. Some consolers attributed it to the closeness of ibadan to lagos which again is not true ibadan is more than 129km from lagos.

If ibadan is close to lagos how about Akure that is more than 4 hours from lagos with a population of more than 4 million people with many tertiary institutions, oil wells (coveted from delta state by obasanjo) yet with a joke of an airport recording very dismissal flight statistics.
On the northern flank is the illorin international airport, an international airport that is only busy during hajj and after hajj ceases till the next hajj.

The osun international airport will be good if it will be viable, it should be encouraged because it will finally help to access if the high GDPrating of osun is correct and will prove if the osun economy is bigger than the economy of enugu or bigger than the economy of the south east or if we have chronic liar and a falsifier of official data at the helm of affairs in National office of statistics yomi kale

1 Like

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by kettykin: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2013
If the airport doesn't meet with expected results, yomi kale should be arrested for falsifying official GDP data in the office of statistics, which must have deceived and goaded the governor into such outrageous waste of public funds that could have been deployed to other critical areas like health, education etc
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by drnoel: 8:37am On Nov 11, 2013
hapholahbi: Let's be sincere with ourselve, osun state is not ripe for this, there are better things ogbeni should embark on..how many folks in osun travels by air talkless of a flight ticket.
Na wah oo. All states must not have airports.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by incrediblestev: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2013
Another thoughtless and miscalculated ego-riding
project with little or no viability.....
cargo airport in a state that is largely rural with
little or no serious economic activities going on
there.... Lagos and may be Oyo states are the
only SWest states that can be talking of such
project not rural osun state. what is the essence
of building an international cargo airport in a
state whose economy does not rely on shipment
of goods or buying and selling..... how many big
businesses are in Osun state to warrant a white
elephant project.... na wa for all these our leaders
sef.... Dem can sabi do rubbish just to look busy
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Laurence1: 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
spade:

Because, then, music go turn to "You don bash my plane, oyibo rekpeteeeee"

as u don bash my plane gbese rekpeteeee grin
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by ZeusAyo: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Willy4Willy:
It is a good development, Yorubas are going to use the airport to export their worthless Termites infested Cocoa
A̶̲̥̅̊М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ very sure your birth certificate is Ą letter of apology from Ą condom manufacturing company
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by burberry89(m): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
hapholahbi: Let's be sincere with ourselve, osun state is not ripe for this, there are better things ogbeni should embark on..how many folks in osun travels by air talkless of a flight ticket.

Hm bt do you knw dat wen its fully functional it will help reduce the amount of pple going to lag to board plane.

Abi na only lag pple dey board plane for lag?
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by simpleseyi: 8:38am On Nov 26, 2013
Willy4Willy: Abiola de Thief International Airport Ido-Osun, Osun State,

Is that why Femi Fani-Kayode has to father Ojukwu's children through Bianca? Have you also notice that all Abiola's children have satelite ears like Abiola while Ojukwu's children from Bianca all look like Femi Fani-Kayode their real father?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by kettykin: 9:55am On Nov 26, 2013
I hope this effort at building an airport will not be a waste of resources judging from the lack lustre performance of Akure, ibadan, illorin airports in this region that claims to have the highest GDP in the world but can't afford to keep 2 local airport actively performing preferring to bask in the glory of performance of lagos airport.
My candid advice is that the airport should be built nearest to the busiest motor park in the state since it is going to have the longest run way in the world the airport can easily be converted to a very large land terminal when the expected tourist refuse to come by aeroplane preferring to come by the road they are used to.

Otherwise the airport will end up like ibadan airport and be used by the vultures, hawks, Eagles and pigeons in the south west
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by ujoinme: 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
Airports are necessary infrastructure, therefore any state that can afford to build one with their resource/allocation without borrowing to do so should be encouraged to do so.

I am in full support of the osun airport as long as it is not just a publicity/money laundering stunt. every state of the federation should have an airport.
I would rather they build an airport profitable or not, than siphon the money into their personal bank account.

If this present generation cannot figure out how to make the airport functional/profitable maybe the next generation will. note most big airports around the world today did not start out being a big profitable/international venture, History tells us that some of them were small military airfield and some small private airfield that with time were converted into money spinners that we all envy today.

when building don't just think for today shot term benefit but for the future long term benefit and Africa must not despise their years of little beginning.
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by victord1st: 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
When will this airport be completed.
Cc buddahmonk anambradota
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by victord1st: 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
Or is this one of several other propaganda..
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by cigwegbe(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
Read this article to see the way forward for Nigeria!

https://www.nairaland.com/2584742/much-ado-corruption#37797254
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Marotzke(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
What. Happened to Yomi Kale, the man who falsified the data that goaded Ogbeni into this outrageous and heart breaking white elephant project? Gbawe, Agbamental. (Ekoile) Italiano, you now see how time exposes all lies and hypocrisy?
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MCMLXXVI(m): 12:49am On Sep 05, 2016
Mogidi:
Thank God this is just a model, and so shall it remain.

Wicked! grin
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by MCMLXXVI(m): 12:53am On Sep 05, 2016
Truly, time exposes all liars.
Gbawe, Italiano1 and the rest... Una don chop disgrace grin
Re: Model Of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-osun, Osun State. by Ogurube: 5:51am On Sep 06, 2017
All these misplaced-priority projects. It's not enough to model and build an airport; the question is - do they solve the correct problems. Building power generation plants and equipping colleges and universities for more research should be at the top of the totem pole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thabo Mbeki Visits President Buhari [PICS] / Explosion Rocks Calabar, Army Claims Responsibility / PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.