Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

How Did We Get To This Point? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did We Get To This Point? (954 Views)

How Did We Come Up With This / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

How Did We Get To This Point? by cowgurl: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good day,

This thread is as a result of this comment,

francafrank:

You are right dear, after rescuing a woman who had been abused for over 4yrs by her hussy. Two days after she came to my office then to tell me that she misses her husband and would want to go back. When asked why she said the house was too quiet as nobody was shouting at her. Can you imagine?

It however took psychiatric evaluation and treatment to bring her back to sanity.

I want us to interact,

* How do these women get to this point in their lives?

* What is it about their abusers that makes them wants to go back to them?

* And do they exist men who enjoy being abused as well?

Please, let's post our comments without insultive words as we all know this is a very sensitive issue, thanks.
Re: How Did We Get To This Point? by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 27, 2013
Its all about manipulation.. those guys are good! My sons favorite doctor (well educated lady) is a victim of similar situation. Even with a PHD she stayed in an abusive relationship. It was interesting the first time I heard her speak about it because its often thought that women with nothing are the ones mostly staying in abusive relationships because they rely on their partner.

1 Like

Re: How Did We Get To This Point? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:10am On Sep 27, 2013
This debate should still go under the Abused Wives & Girlfriend topic as it would help broaden the mind of those who are not yet into an abusive union

www.nairaland.com/1444825/abused-wives-girlfriends-men/42

(1)

Jealous Woman Poisoned Pregnant Friend And Sister-in-law So They Miscarried / 9-year-old Boy Renews Marital Vows With His 62 Year Old Wifey / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.