Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,091 members, 7,807,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! (8714 Views)

Help Afolabi Become The Intern / Bank Phb's "the Intern" / The Intern Show (Reality TV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Aiyetunje: 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2008
THE INTERN is BACK! Season 2 is scheduled to hit your TV screens 1st week of July

MBI,AIT - Wed & Thur 8-9pm

STV - Wed & Thur 11.30 - 12.30am

NTA Fri & Sat 11 - 12 pm

The contestants are already in a pre-shoot camp.

Check out

http://theinternacademy.com/bootcamp.php

http://theinternacademy.com/details/

http://theinternacademy.com/the_intern.php

http://theinternacademy.com/recap.php

Remember Maurice-Jones, the Boss' PA? She will be back!

http://theinternacademy.com/recap.php

So who will win? who will fall in love (a la Ayo & Rhona?)

Stay tuned!
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2008
[size=28pt]Oh my God!

Am going CRAZY![/size]
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So, after the APPRENTICE AFRICA, there's still something reasonable to watch on TV cheesy

Bank PhB ain't giving up o!

They no wan give the likes of UBA or union bank to outshine them in business reality tv shows
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2008
The Intern TV reality show seeks to discover and develop young Nigerian Graduates to confidently face the challenges of a 21st century business environment. The focus of the show therefore is to develop tomorrow's Business Leaders and Entrepreneurs.
After Online application, by intending participants, short-listed applicants go through the following:

1. Preliminary Interview: During this interview applicants are assessed based on the following parameters; Communication skills, ability to think analytically in a robust business environment, IQ, common sense, ability to work without supervision, dress sense and sense of humor.

2. Test Stage: After the preliminary interview, short-listed applicants go through a test simulated from GMAT past questions.

3. Business School Stage: The best 10 applicants will then be processed through a business school to learn the dynamics of teamwork, strategic thinking, product development, business planning, business presentation skills etc. Selection

4. Criteria: The average age of applicants is 23years and each applicant must have graduated from a university or polytechnic with a bachelor’s degree or HND. All applicants will undergo medical examination to ensure that participants on the show are mentally and physically fit.

REWARD TO PARTICIPANTS:

* The winner of the show takes home a package comprising of N3million Cash Prize, a brand new car, N2million Investment capital to start a small business, a brand new laptop
* The first and second runners up get cash prizes of N1million and N750, 000.00 each. They also get N2million Investment capital to start a small business, a brand new laptop.
* The rest of the seven (15) finalists each N2million Investment capital to start a small business, a brand new laptop.
* Besides these awards participants get experience that puts them above their contemporaries in the work place.
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2008
MAURICE-JONES (PA TO THE BOSS OF THE INTERN)

Her job was tough but she appraoched it with all the tact needed on season I. She was given many names, old-school secretary, old school headmistress, mean to a fault, very strict e.t.c. But she carried everything that was required to put the interns on the edge of learning. Her visits to the interns were laced with alot of expectations as she normally had one suprise and another up her sleeves.
Most interns and their family members are still in shock on how she virtually threw their family and friends out of a dinner that the boss had organised to give the interns a treat before the tasks started. Maurice-Jones returns to season II redefined, and motivated to carry out her task with brisk precision. Season II Intern should expect nothing less than what season I interns got. WATCH OUT FOR MAURICE-JONES.

Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2008
Season II of THE INTERN moves to the ancient tourist city of Calabar.

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2008
RECAP OF SEASON 1

No one new what to expect, neither the production crew nor the interns knew exactly how Nigerians will receive their work on TV. But season 1 of THE INTERN started with a bang, the male team, MODE an acroynm for men of distinct enterprise and the female team, ES-TEAM an acroynm for excellent spirit team hit the road washing cars and selling hampers respectively. The show became an instant hit.

Week by week, task to task, the show lived up to its promise of real conflicts, real strategies, real business and fierce boardroom battles. Each boardroom session except the second boardroom produced casualities, Eudokia Jumbo got fired for trying to talk down leadership, Kolawole Dairo, got the boot because, while he thought he was doing his job as the secretary of his team, his team told the boss that he was passive, in what seemed out of place, Rhona Ahanonu was eased out of the show by ballot.

Emmanuel didn’t seem to have learnt anything from Eudokia’s travails and so when he was under fire, he went confrontational with the his leader and paid dearly. The boss wasn’t so impressed with the Twale water brand because ES-TEAM didn’t research so for the first time in the show, leadership paid the price for failure, Amina Ebele Idris, a proverbial cat with nine lives who survived four evictions was got the boot. After coming close to eviction and getting of the hook several times, Ogechi was finally eased out of the show, when the boss decided he will rather go for proper planning than, passion. Damilola Akinwale sacrificed himself for friendship when he had the opportunity to get into the final battle but eased himself out by telling the panel he’d rather get evicted than talk about Ayodele Oguntubi, he got his wishes, the boss felt in today’s business world there was nothing like Mr. Nice Guy.

The twists and turns on the show continued with the production team deciding to bring back all the sacked interns to pitch their tents with the three interns standing (Ayo Oguntubi, Afolabi Adetola and Abosede Alimi) . Rhona, who throughout the period of camping had a serious crush on Ayo Oguntubi had an easy choice to make as she pitched her tent with Ayo. Ogechi chose to work with Bose and Kolawole pitched with Afolabi.

Amina, Eudokia, Emmanuel and Damilola decided to be an independent team. The task was to sell burn energy drink from Coca Cola. At the boardroom the independent team decided the winner of the show as they added their sales to Afolabi in return for a share of the star cash prize of N3million. Afolabi emerged as winner of the first season of the intern.
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2008
Mustay:

RECAP OF SEASON 1

Emmanuel didn’t seem to have learnt anything from Eudokia’s travails and so when he was under fire, he went confrontational with the his leader and paid dearly. The boss wasn’t so impressed with the Twale water brand because ES-TEAM didn’t research so for the first time in the show, leadership paid the price for failure, Amina Ebele Idris, a proverbial cat with nine lives who survived four evictions was got the boot. After coming close to eviction and getting of the hook several times, Ogechi was finally eased out of the show, when the boss decided he will rather go for proper planning than, passion. Damilola Akinwale sacrificed himself for friendship when he had the opportunity to get into the final battle but eased himself out by telling the panel he’d rather get evicted than talk about Ayodele Oguntubi, he got his wishes, the boss felt in today’s business world there was nothing like Mr. Nice Guy.

Perhaps, Eunice also got this far 'because she ain't Mrs Nice Gal grin
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by enque(f): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2008
is this anoda BANK PHB sponsored event, wow! kudos to them , if it is.
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2008
The Production team is made up of tested professionals with international experience using the modern film technology to achieve optimum results in the production and packaging of the show for TV. The goal is to ensure that the show meets international standards for production of reality shows of this magnitude.

The team includes an internationally acclaimed award winning African director, Mr. Tade Ogidan. Mr. Ogidan attended the same film school and was in the same class with Oscar winning director Spike Lee and has worked on several productions for CNN, VOA, BBC, MNET and NBC. He brings with him a team of tested professionals with impeccable credentials and experience from the first edition of THE INTERN to execute the second edition.

We are leaving no loose ends in making sure that we put out a production that will thrill the viewing public and hence keep them glued to their TV sets.
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2008
enque:

is this another BANK PHB sponsored event, wow! kudos to them , if it is.

that's true o!

but

The Intern is a creative concept of IDEASHAUS LTD, a wholly owned Nigerian creative concept development and TV production company.

Our Mission is to create programmes that develop the mind of participants and viewers and add value to our sponsors and partners.

Our vision is to become Africa’s leading provider of intellectual and mind building TV content.

IDEASHAUS LTD is led by OFEM EKAPONG OFEM, a seasoned strategy consultant of repute. He holds a bachelor of science in strategy and international business. His main aim for creating THE INTERN is to create a social entrepreneurship platform for young Nigerians and Africans in general to experience self discovery and dream themselves to reality.
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2008
OFEM EKAPONG OFEM

Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by DisGuy: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2008
Mustay:

Season II of THE INTERN moves to the ancient tourist city of Calabar.

cheesy cheesy

this should be interesting, i think they might just get better tv production out of Calabar, fresh and clean

Mustay is a certified TV addict or should i say reality TV addict! grin
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2008
sponsors

No Bank PHB

Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by DisGuy: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2008
have you seen the new contestants, i dont know if those on the website are the final set but half of them are over 25 shocked shocked
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2008
these ones dey use flash abi tongue tongue

Dis guy take ut rime o! angry grin

Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2008
na who create the website sef angry angry angry angry

wetin do the links?
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by DisGuy: 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2008
I think they always rush to release a website, the last one also didnt have any footage and some info left out
they probably don't expect people to follow up on-line

but come o those guys are old! about three 29 years old in there shocked

4. Criteria: The average age of applicants is 23years
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2008
Perhaps the young dudes are still writing post-jamb grin grin grin wink

Don't mind 'em; they keep giving us ERROR-FULL sites
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Aiyetunje: 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2008
Nice to see that we are all anxious to see the new season esp coming on the heels of TAA!

Well the guys on the website are the real deal! Well as to the fact that they are old, na our system go cause that one o. . . strikes, delays in admission etc (guesses on my part) I just hope that they can swallow their egos & not use their ages as a tool for demanding respect!

@Mustay, great job! Kudos!

well as u can see no Bank PHB but Celtel is on here (as also in TAA). I'm not sure they will be shooting in Calabar, might be in Lag after all but lets wait n see!
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by VIPICO(m): 12:43am On Jun 26, 2008
So where is Ayo and Rhona now? I mean are they still together?
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 9:03am On Jun 26, 2008
Aiyetunje:

Well the guys on the website are the real deal! Well as to the fact that they are old, na our system go cause that one o. . . strikes, delays in admission etc (guesses on my part) I just hope that they can swallow their egos & not use their ages as a tool for demanding respect!

Hopefully. you know the Nigerian factor wink It kinda affected the Babcock guy in season 1

VIPICO:

So where is Ayo and Rhona now? I mean are they still together?

Bad belle. Wetin u want? break up? angry grin
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by HillaryX: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2008
@ Mustay,

Pls take it easy. We have seen the website and it's obvious you've duplicated all information on this tread again.

We all speak English, no use replicating. Once you refer, just stay back and watch readers take information naturally from the website.

And in case you want to discuss issues, I think you should sharpen your skill in moderating.

No hard feelings. Enjoy! grin
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2008
hillary.

Who cares.

Sometimes, we are tired of diverting from a particular topic on nairaland, so why not copy and paste from the source?

If you read my posts well, you'll see I disn't hide the fact that this was copied from the show's site tongue

Afterall, most opics here are started like that - even the newspapers copy and paste grin

TAA episode 17 recap is an example from Guardian
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by vanariso(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2008
Learnt spring bank is sponsoring the 2nd intern .I hope it will be mo interesting than d  first intern.
Thats says a lot about PHB taking ova spring bank, atleast if they (PHB) could could let spring bank take over , then they trying to re-launch spring bank.

The intern will be better than the apprehentice, in the apprehentice.candidates are evicted rudely, osibodu even threaten them, what a foolish boss.You cant get the best from your guys when all u do make them look like kids and scared of opening their mouths.Cellebrating success and job well done has little to do with giving them a splendid time but more to do with appreciating them.
Eunice should not have gotten near the final if candidates were evicted on good grounds.Infact I think the total mgt. is rubbish excluding the hansome farelly beared black always cool guy.Most times the mgt/board always tilt to Osibudu's inclination and suggestions.The board's decision  is often biased by osibudu, and gosh I hate it when he says."I put it to you u re fired", my foot.like one of the mates said, While leaving ."SHIT DAMN <WHATEVR"
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2008
Apprentice is similar to The intern, the difference lies in the Country of origin.
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by HillaryX: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2008
@ Mustay,

I can see you are the Grande Master of Copying and Pasting. Backed by facts and figures (Which you have copied again anyway grin grin grin), you have every reason to "Copy & Paste".

Please enjoy your copying and pasting as long as you want. Maybe oneday, you'll find out you've suddendly started talking alone on a "Copying & Pasting" The Intern thread. LOL grin grin grin
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2008
Don't worry.

What's Copy and Paste for if we cannot enjoy its services grin grin grin
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by DisGuy: 1:42am On Jun 28, 2008
AIT broadcast the news at 8pm dont they? will they be changing the Thursday slot or they will be showing it at a later time?
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by niles(m): 3:10am On Jun 28, 2008
I'm waiting for it, The first one was tyt, really enjoyed it. Hope e gets better,
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Mustay(m): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2008
Dis Guy:

AIT broadcast the news at 8pm don't they? will they be changing the Thursday slot or they will be showing it at a later time?

If they can change the time for the news to 7 pm for UEFA matches, why not INTERN?
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Stevogue(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2008
Any gist on the HiTv reality show tagged "NIGERIA"?
Re: The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! by Aiyetunje: 12:09am On Jun 29, 2008
Ayo & Rhona are happily married

http://lindaikeji..com/2007/07/naija-entertainment-gists.html

all hail King Mustay! King of Copy & Paste grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" / Ur Best Yoruba Actors/actresses. / Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.