Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! (5427 Views)

Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / FRESH AIR In The Nigeria Police Force!! / FRESH AIR Bumper Harvest And Timelines!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have created a number of threads on the impact of FRESH AIR all over the country but this thread will focus on the southeast.

The southeast is one of the six geopolitical zones in the country and has been unfairly treated by past administrations. The zone, along with the southsouth, gave GEJ the highest votes at the 2011 elections. In the most recent of the series of polls conducted by NOI, GEJ got the highest approval rating in the southeast, even ahead of the southsouth.

For all the support the southeast gave to GEJ, what is the region getting in return? Lets highlight some of FG interventions in the region in the last 2-3 years.

1. Completion of Onitsha River Port. Of all the River Ports being constructed by the FG (Baro, Lokoja,etc) Onitsha Port was the first to be completed. It is now being concessioned. Unfortunately, the concessioning process is taken too long. Yes, the Onitsha Port may not have gone commercial but the equipments being used by Julius Berger for initial works on Second Niger Bridge were delivered through the Port.

2. Construction of Oguta River Port in Imo State. That will be completed before the end of this year and concessioned too.

3. Anambra STATE University was among the 12 universities nationwide that received special impact funds in 2012. It got about N3billion.

4. FG is building a new N2.5billion federal secretariat in Anambra. None existed before now.

5. FG has completed the Onitsha-Owerri road

6. FG has expanded the Bridge-Head to Upper-Iweka section of the Enugu-Onitsha road to 10-lane. The whole stretch of the Enugu-Onitsha road will be completed next year. The road is covered by SURE-P.

7. The FG just awarded re-construction of Section I and II of Enugu-PH road at N90billion.

8. The Enugu International Airport is now open to business with the outside world with commencement of international flight operations.

9. The N13billion New international terminal is under construction at Enugu International Airport. It is the FIRST out of the 5 planned new international terminals to be built in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH.

9. Ebonyi now has a brand new teaching hospital. Thus, 5 DECADES after, the southeast now have 2 teaching hospital- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu and Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (FETHA) EBONYI.

10. Ebonyi now has a brand new federal university. It is called Federal University, Ndufu-Alike,Ebonyi State.

11. Contract for the N100billion 6-lane Second Niger bridge has been awarded to Julius Berger. Julius started preliminary work around July and will complete it next month. Between October and November, the President will flag off actual construction work.

12. The PH-Enugu-Maiduguri railway rehabilitation will be completed in December.

13. The Southeast is well covered in the ongoing feasibility studies for modern railways across the country.

14. The Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri is one of the 11 Airports undergoing remodelling.

15. The N1.5billion Zik’s mausoleum and library being constructed in Onitsha.

16. Completion of work on Obiozara-Uburu-Ishiagu road in Enugu and Ebonyi States.

17. Completion of work on Abakaliki-Mbok (Ogoja Junction) road in Ebonyi and Cross-River States.

18. Completion of work on Owerri-Aba Road in Imo and Abia States.

19. Completion of work on Okpala-Igwurita road in Imo State.

20. Completion and commissioning of the crucial second 330KV Onitsha-Benin transmission line.

21. Completion of 1×7.5MVA power injection sub station each in Orafite and Amichi in Anambra states

22. Completion of 2×2.5MVA Eke distribution injection sub station in Enugu.

23. Completion of 7.5MVA power distribution injection substation in Trade fair area of Enugu.

24. Completion of 7.5MVA power injection sub station in New Heaven, Enugu state.

25. Rehabilitation and reopening of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, depot at Aba, Abia State. The depot was closed for over 6 years.

These are the ones I could recall now.

In summary, suffice to say that the East has had fair share of FG intervention within the period. In the next few months and years, it can only get better. And the people of the area will NOT stop demanding for dividends of their support for GEJ.

23 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by geeez: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fresh lies grin

8 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Gboliwe: 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Is Abia state part of the southeast? If yes, ibeg, what has been done for and in that state or is that Orji man eating up everything. Looks like fg is concentrating on Enugu and Anambra only, ie, going by what you have up there

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Freeanijoo(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
Who is afraid of the fresh air?
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fresh fish
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by awakulowoo: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
Any investment in ibo land is a waste because of erosion, kidnapping, robbery, underage girl molestation and other vices. That is why you see them polluting Yoruba land.

7 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Gboliwe: Is Abia state part of the southeast? If yes, ibeg, what has been done for and in that state or is that Orji man eating up everything. Looks like fg is concentrating on Enugu and Anambra only, ie, going by what you have up there
I'm still updating the list. I'v added more now.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by 4Play(m): 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
@OP, they better be paying you well for this image laundering.

2 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Bigcake: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
awakulowoo: Any investment in ibo land is a waste because of erosion, kidnapping, robbery, underage girl molestation and other vices. That is why you see them polluting Yoruba land.
Especially in yoruba land whr there is a high rate of molestation. Investing in Igboland is d best. So keep quiet, Swine

7 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by bloggernaija: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fresh air never felt
Fresh air never seen
Fresh air dey smell.
Fresh only only ever seen on paper.
CLUELESS DUMBO JO'S DESTINY IS TO BANKRUPT NIGERIA- SAGE TUNDE BAKARE

2 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
bloggernaija: Fresh air never felt
Fresh air never seen
Fresh air dey smell.
Fresh only only ever seen on paper.
CLUELESS DUMBO JO'S DESTINY IS TO BANKRUPT NIGERIA- SAGE TUNDE BAKARE
I perfectly understand your pains. Accept my sincere condolence.

12 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by luvmijeje(f): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Op, can you please show us images of all this fresh air?
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pics or didnt happen.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
luvmijeje: Op, can you please show us images of all this fresh air?
The location of all the projects are shown. The people of the southeast know those locations and are in a better position to judge for themselves. If you'r neither from the Southeast nor reside in the area, too bad. The next FRESH AIR thread may focus on your region.

3 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by luvmijeje(f): 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The location of all the projects are shown. The people of the southeast know those locations and are in a better position to judge for themselves. If you'r neither from the Southeast nor reside in the area, too bad. The next FRESH AIR thread may focus on your region.
Eeeeh Orisirisi! Ok o. So no evidence.
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by MafiaMan: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

4 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
I haven't noticed any rail rehabilitation yet...how come
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by nwaniSOC: 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
THIS GUY IS A SINCERE IDIOTA. HE HAS LOST BOTH SENSE OF DIGNITY AND THAT OF SHAME. I DEY SOUTH-EAST FULL GROUND. NOW I KNOW THAT ALL YOUR POSTS, ABOUT ALL THE PLACES I'VE NOT BEEN OPPORTUNED TO VISIT, ARE WHITE LIES.
THE REASON THE SOUTH-EAST CAST A 'BLOCK VOTE'; AND MAY STILL CAST AGAIN, FOR GEJ IS BEYOND THESE JUNKS U POST HERE. MORE PATHETIC IS THE FACT THAT THEY ARE PRODUCT OF UR SLEEPLESS NIGHTS.
UR JOBS WORTH NO 'PAY', I'M SERIOUS.

4 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by passion007: 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
@ OP:
It's almost taking GEJ's entire 1st term to build the second NigerBridge, Enugu-PH and Onitsha-Enugu highways.
The very few completed projects don't quite satiate our appetite.
By his second tenure, we ought to be requesting fresh projects, rather than still ask for projects that ought to have been completed a year ago, and forgotten.
Tell GEJ I'm not happy with him.

4 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Gboliwe: Is Abia state part of the southeast? If yes, ibeg, what has been done for and in that state or is that Orji man eating up everything. Looks like fg is concentrating on Enugu and Anambra only, ie, going by what you have up there
Orji is eating it up grin
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You were asked for pictures, not location! Do your job mate
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Chibuebem: I haven't noticed any rail rehabilitation yet...how come
Maybe you should read this:
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/21553-%E2%80%98eastern-railway-service-to-commence-by-dec%E2%80%99.html
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ada Nri1: You were asked for pictures, not location! Do your job mate
I have no time for RATS. Next!

2 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I have no time for RATS. Next!

Give them pictures na, abi why you come dey fight dem now?

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by shineeye: 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
GEJ IS THE MAN

GEJ IS THE MAN

FRESHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TILLLLLLLLLL 2019 2019 2019.

BAD BELLE NO REACH THIS ONE...

5 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
shine eye: GEJ IS THE MAN

GEJ IS THE MAN

FRESHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TILLLLLLLLLL 2019 2019 2019.

BAD BELLE NO REACH THIS ONE...
FRESH AIR unlimited!

Haters will die of hate-induced stroke one after the other.

2 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by sesanrota(m): 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
@ OP, is this what you do everyday?
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by taharqa: 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
4 Play: @OP, they better be paying you well for this image laundering.
shattap!!

2 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
sesanrota: @ OP, is this what you do everyday?
See me see JAMB question? How you take know people wey dey come NL everyday if you no dey come NL everyday? A beg, NEXT!
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by taharqa: 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
nwaniSOC: THIS GUY IS A SINCERE IDIOTA. HE HAS LOST BOTH SENSE OF DIGNITY AND THAT OF SHAME. I DEY SOUTH-EAST FULL GROUND. NOW I KNOW THAT ALL YOUR POSTS, ABOUT ALL THE PLACES I'VE NOT BEEN OPPORTUNED TO VISIT, ARE WHITE LIES.
THE REASON THE SOUTH-EAST CAST A 'BLOCK VOTE'; AND MAY STILL CAST AGAIN, FOR GEJ IS BEYOND THESE JUNKS U POST HERE. MORE PATHETIC IS THE FACT THAT THEY ARE PRODUCT OF UR SLEEPLESS NIGHTS.
UR JOBS WORTH NO 'PAY', I'M SERIOUS.
You no dey any South East. So keep QUIET..

4 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Onyejiuwaokoh: 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
awakulowoo: Any investment in ibo land is a waste because of erosion, kidnapping, robbery, underage girl molestation and other vices. That is why you see them polluting Yoruba land.
you are dead on arrival, the fresh Air is already everywhere in the east. The east is now home of industrization so you better go and committ suicide. your are only an incubus and harbinger of evil.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by abu12: 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
You list 25 projects no single picture.

You see, this is a good example

Show Pic-sure

Show Pic-sure

Show us picture

[size=14pt]B-E-H-O-L-D: The 10 lane Lagos-badagry Expressway and railway line by Lagos Govt. [/size]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 / ELECTIONS 2015: Ogun INEC Takes Delivery Of Additional 170,000 Pvcs / Where Is Amaechi? A Great Lesson To Others About Back Stabbing Your People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.