Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu (14933 Views)

Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by abu12: 7:14am On Sep 27, 2013
Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi yesterday accused Commissioner of Police Mbu Joseph Mbu of fabricating lies to justify his nefarious actions.
The police commissioner declared that he would always abort gatherings without police permit.
Mbu described the 13,000 newly-recruited teachers, who were at the Liberation Stadium on Wednesday to collect their posting letters, but were chased out with teargas by policemen, as “touts and miscreants” hired by Amaechi to protest against President Goodluck Jonathan.
The police commissioner, at a news conference yesterday, claimed that he acted on a security report that the people at the stadium were hired to disrupt the peace in the state.
Mbu alleged that the new teachers employed by the Amaechi administration were specifically recruited to embark on a protest against President Jonathan, insisting that they were 18,000 youths and not 13,000 teachers.
The police chief also displayed some of the mutilated placards he claimed to have recovered from the teachers, with the following inscriptions: “It is time for the North”, “Amaechi for VP”, “North for President” and “Amaechi for Vice-President 2015”.
He said: “The truth is that the government of the state (Rivers) is trying to keep the police perpetually at work by distracting us. Those ‘newly-employed teachers’ were hired youths.
“They were hired to carry placards and protest against the President of the country. I am here to show you the placards. They were called to go there. In all, they did not invite the police. Nobody invited the police.
“My informants called me that they were not called to be given letters, but were given cardboards to protest against President Jonathan. They tore these things (placards) into pieces. We put them together. As a Commissioner of Police, whose ears are on the ground, I will always abort such gatherings.”
Amaechi, who spoke through the Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt, Chief Tony Okocha, said: “On Wednesday, policemen, on Mbu’s orders, chased out 13,000 newly-recruited teachers, who gathered at the Liberation Stadium, Port Harcourt, to collect their posting letters.
“The attention of the Rivers State Government has been drawn to allegations of gross impropriety levelled against it by the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State Command, Mr Mbu Joseph Mbu, to the effect that 13,000 newly-employed teachers were hired touts and miscreants, engaged to embark on protest in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
“In a media briefing addressed by the Police Commissioner, Mbu Joseph Mbu, he displayed placards allegedly carried by the 13,000 teachers, whom he described as miscreants.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the Rivers State Government does not have to bandy words with the state police command, whose stock-in-trade is to fabricate lies at every instance, to justify its nefarious actions.
“Mr Mbu Joseph Mbu and indeed the state police command are known to be pathological liars. The case of Archbishop Ignatius Kattey, the Dean of the Anglican Church, whom they claimed to have secured his release from his abductors, is a ready example (Kattey denied that police rescued him).
“Mr Mbu is a bad taste and we urge Rivers people not to be distracted by his many deafening lies.
“For the records, the 13,000 teachers converged on the Liberation Stadium, Elekahia, Port Harcourt, to collect their letters of posting to their various duty posts. This fact can be verified by any objective mind.”
The Deputy Speaker of the Rivers House of Assembly, Leyii Kwanee, described the prevention and dispersing of teachers as a display of totalitarianism.
According to him, the Rivers PDP led by Felix Obuah has been holding rallies without obtaining permits from the police.
He noted that Obuah’s rallies were against the regulations of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and also capable of breaching the peace, considering the volatile situation in the state.
Kwanee also called on well-meaning Nigerians to rise up and condemn the ugly development, stressing that Rivers state was sliding into anarchy and the nation to precipice, adding: “It is Governor Amaechi today. Who will it be tomorrow?”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/rivers-teachers-are-miscreants-says-police-commissioner-mbu/
Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Ekawu(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2013
I'm confused of whom to believe, Mbu or Amaechi?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by KwoiZabo(m): 7:32am On Sep 27, 2013
why shld Amaechi recruit 13000 teachers at once? Don't the Schools have teachers before or what? even if, couldn't he have done it in batches? secondly, why should he make all of them come to one place to collect their letters? it means that some of them might have travelled from distant LGAs to collect these letters; It is either Amaechi is not wise enough to know that he should take these letters to their various LGs or he wants to make a show or cause a scene with the crowd. Thirdly, he has been in office for six and half yrs he did not recruit these teachers he is only doing it now to score cheap popularity and increase recurrent expenditure for the coming Administration in the state. SMH we are not kids.

29 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Gold2NairaCom(m): 7:46am On Sep 27, 2013
Who should we believe?
Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by 9jaboy007: 7:59am On Sep 27, 2013
KwoiZabo: why shld Amaechi recruit 13000 teachers at once? Don't the Schools have teachers before or what? secondly why should he make all of them come to one place to collect their letters? it means that some of them might have travelled from distant LGAs to collect these letters? It is either Amaechi is not wise enough to know that he should take these letters to their various LGs or he wants to make a show or cause a scene with the crowd. Thirdly, he has been in office for six and hakf yrs he did not recruit these teachers he is only doing it now to score cheap popularity and increase recurrent expenditure for the coming Administration in the state.
Ekawu: I'm confused of whom to believe, Mbu or Amaechi?
KwoiZabo: why shld Amaechi recruit 13000 teachers at once? Don't the Schools have teachers before or what? secondly why should he make all of them come to one place to collect their letters? it means that some of them might have travelled from distant LGAs to collect these letters? It is either Amaechi is not wise enough to know that he should take these letters to their various LGs or he wants to make a show or cause a scene with the crowd. Thirdly, he has been in office for six and hakf yrs he did not recruit these teachers he is only doing it now to score cheap popularity and increase recurrent expenditure for the coming Administration in the state.

Is it dat ur so dumb or ur hatred for good thing is blockin ur brain.a man built the best primary schools netwotk in africa and is free of charge .....employ 13000 un employed people and u angery with him,....the 13 thousand were gatherd for colleion and orentation so u hear and for ur ifo,orentation are done once befor the group orentarion pplsss stop haten

36 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by doctokwus: 7:59am On Sep 27, 2013
This mbu self.First,am not convinced dose so called placards were not made by d nig police itself,otherwise d so called protesters shd av bn photographed wt d so called anti-Gej placards,bc there is no reason 4 a protester to carry a placard but doesn't want what is written on it to b seen.
Still on d issue of placards;d police claimed one of dem had 'its d turn of d north on it';anoda unlikely claim to gv a dog a bad name,because y wud anybody openly agitate for such in rivers state;yes a pro-amaechi msg can b displayed,but no capital wud b gained frm dat of pro-north in a SS state.I think d police are making up all d msgs& being in a hurry to paint d teachers in badlight,ddnt think thru d msgs dey wanted ascribed on d placards to d teachers.
Lastly,for pete's sake,there is nothing wrong in pple protesting against d govt of d day!D police of all pple shd know this,yet its incompetence is making it seem as if that in itself is against d law.

13 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by phantom(m): 8:10am On Sep 27, 2013
the commissioner is a liar! My friends wife was at the stadium for her letter and attested to the fact that it was only teachers who were present at the stadium.jonathan is just fooling himself with this saga.

13 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by adanny01(m): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2013
I see lies lies lies by this impostor called Mbu.

I am in awe of how Jonathan's loyalist accept this lies. The lies on those placards is unbelievable and i wonder how dumb this Mbu must be to have fabricated the story.

Gold2Naira.Com:
Who should we believe?
Ekawu: I'm confused of whom to believe, Mbu or Amaechi?

Is it not obvious?

It is easier for you to accept that 13000 people were hired as miscreants and not as teachers for an entire state which has built new schools! You are twisted.

13 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2013
Lawyers in the house... Kindly juxtapose and let us in on your final deductions.

I don't know who's tale to believe.
Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Symphony007: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2013
are you deaf that you have'nt heard of the 250 schools ameachi has built and renovated? Are goats gonna teach there? Are you so blind that you can't see the that for months a thread on teachers recuitement in rivers has been on treading page for months now. What do you think that's for?

I'm just tired of commenting on this mbu, he just acting out a script from his masters in abuja, very soon, he'll get what's coming to him. Can you imagine the stupid lie. That a rivers man will carry a card in port harcourt that reads "it's time for the north". He has paid no price for all his previous lies so why not lie some more?

25 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Symphony007: 8:36am On Sep 27, 2013
commissioner mbu said he will stop any rally aimed at disstabilizing the state. But wike's grassroots initiative group has held numerous rallies, protest, and meet many times at the liberation stadium. The police does'nt dsisperse them. Rather they have police protection. Nigeria is a shambolic experiment.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Symphony007: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2013
phantom: the commissioner is a liar! My friends wife was at the stadium for her letter and attested to the fact that it was only teachers who were present at the stadium.jonathan is just fooling himself with this saga.
i'm just thankfull that by throwing teargas as thousands of people sending them running, they did'nt trigger a stampede, then i'll see how mr. Mbu will point to dead bodies who have been identified by farmily members as unemployed teachers who came to seek employment as political thugs.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2013
phantom: the commissioner is a liar! My friends wife was at the stadium for her letter and attested to the fact that it was only teachers who were present at the stadium.jonathan is just fooling himself with this saga.
ur friend's wife cud av bn one of those misinformed ones invited as a sham for d real deal! Common sense is not really common! Ameachi shud av distributed d said appointment letter tru local govt education board. I smell lies frm rivers govt. And he shud also show us a letter he wrote invitin d police for adequate security for such gatherin. Hogwash!

9 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by jmaine: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2013
Amaechi and his media macabre antics . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2013
Symphony007: commissioner mbu said he will stop any rally aimed at disstabilizing the state. But wike's grassroots initiative group has held numerous rallies, protest, and meet many times at the liberation stadium. The police does'nt dsisperse them. Rather they have police protection. Nigeria is a shambolic experiment.

You are absolutely correct here. What really galls me is the fact that Mbu is allowed to hide behind unproven and outlandish statements, when we have no recorded history of Nigerian teachers ever acting, collectively, like a pack of thugs. No matter the amount of provocation, or even the extent of unprofessionalism displayed by some over the years, teachers have never before stooped to the level described by this misfit of a police commissioner.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Symphony007: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2013
Jenams: ur friend's wife cud av bn one of those misinformed ones invited as a sham for d real deal! Common sense is not really common! Ameachi shud av distributed d said appointment letter tru local govt education board. I smell lies frm rivers govt. And he shud also show us a letter he wrote invitin d police for adequate security for such gatherin. Hogwash!
hey sharrap!! Nobody has the right to tell the rivers state govwernment how to run their buisness. When mrs. Jonathan was spending taxpayers money going around the country organising rallies after the 2011 elections. What was the reason? She claimed is to tell the states who voted for her husband thank you. Can't she just release a statement to say thank you? Who stopped her? And she is a inconsequential figure in the country. Who voted for her? And you are here telling an elected state government how to run their affairs. Idiotic!!

27 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 27, 2013
jmaine: Amaechi and his media macabre antics . . . .

It is shame that someone with a moral compass has to make fickle and morally reprehensible remarks like this, simply to prove his fidelity to the party in power. Is there no bridge you consider too far, jmaine?

15 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by ccwizard: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2013
My sis was also recruited and i'm fully aware that the posting was done online. There was no reason given to them for their gathering at the liberation stadium.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by gazonga(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2013
KwoiZabo: why shld Amaechi recruit 13000 teachers at once? Don't the Schools have teachers before or what? secondly why should he make all of them come to one place to collect their letters? it means that some of them might have travelled from distant LGAs to collect these letters? It is either Amaechi is not wise enough to know that he should take these letters to their various LGs or he wants to make a show or cause a scene with the crowd. Thirdly, he has been in office for six and half yrs he did not recruit these teachers he is only doing it now to score cheap popularity and increase recurrent expenditure for the coming Administration in the state.
What is wrong wiv Gov Ameachi recruiting 13000 teacher at once?
Some of these teachers have been unemployed for over 10 yrs.
Instead of condemning him we should rather commend him.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Symphony007: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You are absolutely correct here. What really galls me is the fact that Mbu is allowed to hide behind unproven and outlandish statements, when we have no recorded history of Nigerian teachers ever acting, collectively, like a pack of thugs. No matter the amount of provocation, or even the extent of unprofessionalism displayed by some over the years, teachers have never before stooped to the level described by this misfit of a police commissioner.

it's so sad...politics has people turn a blind eye to the truth. Some weeks back i was coming back from school and i stopped at the atrium on stadium road to meet someone, as i was leaving and about entering my car, two guys wearing blue and white shirts with the words "RIVERS GRASSROOT INITIATIVE"(wike's group) written on the back. Walked up to me and asked were the liberation stadium is located, they had a rally to attend there and were just coming from aba. I was stunned. I directed them. And as i drove off, i deliberately drove around the stadium perimeter and saw lots of youths in that shirt, some with cards reading "ameachi must go", "enough is enough". And there were police men in their vans around the stadium. MLK said injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. The police are threating a state government in this manner. How much more you, an odinary powerless citizen.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2013
eGuerrilla:

It is shame that someone with a moral compass has to make fickle and morally reprehensible remarks like this, simply to prove his fidelity to the party in power. Is there no bridge you consider too far, jmaine?
Smh my brother! how far can one get to be a die hard sycophant? isn't it so pathetic? cry

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by takedat(m): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2013
"The Police Commissioner declared that he would always abort gatherings without police permit."

Free-Dumb and disregard for the Rule of Law and Demo-Crazy in Nigeria! There is a Court of Appeal Judgment which ruled against requirement and obtainment of police permit before holding rallies and peaceful assemblies. Under the Public Order Act, the Governor is given the powers to issue permit and can delegate the powers to the Commissioner of Police and not the other way round. I am less concerned about, if those 'newly employed teachers' were hired youths or not. Democracy admits of dissent, protest, marches, rallies and demonstrations, this requirement of obtaining a police permit is the brainchild of colonial and military era and should not remain in our statute books. Mbu, an unelected public worker running a parallel government and usurping a democratically elected governor.

14 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by jmaine: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Please keep your irrelevant subjective views to yourself.

I consider it more shame that people who feel they are objective moral Caesars don't see the aberrant antics of Gov Amaechi in inviting such a gathering without notifying the commissioner of Police.

Okay let even assume he decided to ignore the police due to their recent skirmishes. What happened to the Legal option of delivering the letter via the local education governing boards or better still patronising our much improved NIPOST.

You lots are just in the huge business of siding those perceived to be enemies of the Govt of the day . . . .

How far will you people go in siding mischief makers up to no good simply they antagonize your current object of hate . . . . .

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by abu12: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2013
This is an insult from the commissioner of police, for calling the newly employed teachers miscreants.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by jmaine: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2013
gazonga:
What is wrong wiv Gov Ameachi recruiting 13000 teacher at once?
Some of these teachers have been unemployed for over 10 yrs.
Instead of condemning him we should rather commend him.

Nobody gets credit by doing the right things intentionally in the wrong way.

Employing 13,000 teachers is impressive, seeking to use them for inordinate desires is plain wrong. . . . .

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by ttomexy(f): 9:22am On Sep 27, 2013
i don't like to comment but haba, police commissioner...,even ig abubakar cannot call him to order? pls tell the owner, this bulldog will soon bite the owner,God will arise and show himself as the Almighty in the nation nigeria, i weep for my country, power in the hand of the wicked, our dear president watch it, at this rate,are u sure u will be around in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by jmaine: 9:23am On Sep 27, 2013
ccwizard: My sis was also recruited and i'm fully aware that the posting was done online. There was no reason given to them for their gathering at the liberation stadium.

Please tell us more . . .Folks siding this current nuisance are just satisfying personal desires devoid of any objectivity . . .

1 Like

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 27, 2013
jmaine:
Please keep your irrelevant subjective views to yourself.

I consider it more shame that people who feel they are objective moral Caesars don't see the aberrant antics of Gov Amaechi in inviting such a gathering without notifying the commissioner of Police.

Okay let even assume he decided to ignore the police due to their recent skirmishes. What happened to the Legal option of delivering the letter via the local education governing boards or better still patronising our much improved NIPOST.

You lots are just in the huge business of siding those perceived to be enemies of the Govt of the day . . . .

How far will you people go in siding mischief makers up to no good simply they antagonize your current object of hate . . . . .

Instead of asking that the baby be cut in half like one of the two women who went before King Solomon, you could have displayed some magnanimity by showing you actually care MORE about the education of our youth. That is my point! Simple enough?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by jmaine: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Instead of asking that the baby be cut in half like one of the two women who went before King Solomon, you could have displayed some magnanimity by showing you actually care MORE about the education of our youth. That is my point! Simple enough?

And how does playing irrelevant and dangerous politics with the education of our youths appeal to you.?

In your own case, you have already severed the baby into two. SIMPLY because you decided to look the other way, when in actual sense, there were more profitable options to get the objective of educating our youths achieved . . .

Get it ?
Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 27, 2013
jmaine:

And how does playing irrelevant and dangerous politics with the education of our youth appeal to you.?

In your own case, you have already severed the baby into two. SIMPLY because you decided to look the other way, when in actual sense, there were more profitable options to get the objective of educating our youths achieved . . .

Get it ?
you were the one shouting on another thread about ASUU strike being justified because the lectures are under paid. what profitable options do you suggest in achieving the education of our youths? Use the current ASUU strike as your case point. angry

1 Like

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by jmaine: 9:59am On Sep 27, 2013
berem: you were the one shouting on another thread about ASUU strike being justified. what profitable options do you suggest in achieving the education of our youths. Use the current ASUU strike as your case point. angry

Please keep shut Berem if you don't have anything meaningful to say here as usual.

When i defended ASUU against the FG/GEJ, i wasn't a die hard sycophant then right?

My support goes wherever my conscience is .

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu by Danhumprey: 10:02am On Sep 27, 2013
9jaboy007:

Is it dat ur so dumb or ur hatred for good thing is blockin ur brain.a man built the best primary schools netwotk in africa and is free of charge .....employ 13000 un employed people and u angery with him,....the 13 thousand were gatherd for colleion and orentation so u hear and for ur ifo,orentation are done once befor the group orentarion pplsss stop haten
Bros,your Engrish na die! grin

See spelling and grammatical blunders flying about like missiles.

Your spelling skill has been called to question. angry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari / EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo / Jonathan, Diezani Received Bribes For OPL 245, FG Tells London Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.