Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter (21273 Views)

Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage / What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by alphaconde(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2013
Now I feel responsible to the elderly, and never to be infuriated by their conduct, can't wait for my dad to get old. I will carry him in my arms.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Odunharry(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2013
my mother says honey be careful if anybody tel u dat "i lov u"

Mums are jewels,same goes for d Dad..
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 29, 2013
Nice piece. Mothers are jewels.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by okechukwu2013: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2013
This life is so deep! I could remember when my mother use to be very agile and very prety» gradually age is catching on and her bones are getting weak. But the good thing is I even love her more now. As I throw up and catch my 3 years old boy while we play, I also know that one day I will be too weak to do this! Life is really a circle! Dad and Mama you know I love you sweet parents» may God still keep us going

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Archildao: 11:12am On Sep 29, 2013
May God give me the grace and resources to take good care of my parents.Nice write up!

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Articul8(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2013
Reading through this made me remember d encounter I had wit ma mum dis morning. She called me to hlp her do somtin. Befor den,she has been askin me to do some oda tins 4 her andi shouted '''ahnnnnnn...mummy,wahala yin ti poju'(my u trouble me too much).
Now reflecting on wen I was a child,wen my wahala too was much, dose tins she did 4 me.Love u maamiiii
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2013
Mayflowa:

Only those that have aged mother will understand. The tears roll down my chick too even though I am a male.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2013
Feeling guilty sad
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by safarigirl(f): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2013
My mum is dead. Will save it for my daughter
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Chimdim: 11:28am On Sep 29, 2013
wonderful advice, God pls bless my mother
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Orikinla(m): 11:32am On Sep 29, 2013
etunoman76: READ AND SHARE

"My dear girl, the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through.

If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don’t interrupt to say: “You said the same thing a minute ago”... Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep.

When I don’t want to take a bath, don’t be mad and don’t embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl?

When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don’t look at me that way... remember, honey, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair and dealing with life’s issues every day... the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through.

If I occasionally lose track of what we’re talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can’t, don’t be nervous, impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you.

And when my old, tired legs don’t let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked.

When those days come, don’t feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love.

I’ll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I’ve always had for you, I just want to say, I love you... my darling daughter."

- Unknown

Beautiful.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Articul8(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2013
Reading through this made me remember d encounter I had wit
ma mum dis morning. She called me to hlp her do somtin. Befor
den,she has been askin me to do some oda tins 4 her andi
shouted '''ahnnnnnn...mummy,wahala yin ti poju'(my u trouble
me too much).
Now reflecting on wen I was a child,wen my wahala too was
much, dose tins she did 4 me.Love u maamiiii
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Emperor007: 11:34am On Sep 29, 2013
Dear Mama...

This's very touching message, and would encourage many people facing this situation now.

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Ishilove: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2013
Awww, so sweet. It is my prayer that my mum will continue to be mentally sharp even into advanced old age. Let God preserve her and keep her for her children because she is the best mother in the world. I love you, mummy smiley kiss
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by prof800(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2013
Sweet Mother...Sweet Wife...Sweet Daughter...I love you all.!
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by chineloSA(f): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2013
I so love my dear mama. I just hate it when she refuses to wear a seat
belt when I am the driver. It makes us urgue like an old couple. MAMA
PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO LISTEN TO MY ORDERS ESPECIALLY FOR YOUR OWN
GOOD.

LOVE U MAMMI DEAREST.

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Texykool: 11:52am On Sep 29, 2013
Ajibel: I miss my momma cry lov u mum where-ever u are kiss

U're not sure where she is?
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Texykool: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2013
Kanwulia: Eeeehyaaaah!
The poor woman does not know her daughter has already booked her a bed in one of those "FASHOLA-REFORMATORIUM-LOOKING-AJEGUNLE nursing homes without windows for area-boys to be phocking in her old age! grin

Mu cha cha cha cha cha!

Nice letter! cheesy

Another brainless soul

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by misskenny(f): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
I pray that when she is old and needs me, I'll always be there... God bless me to give her all she deserves... I Love u maami
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Umbro01(m): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
Awww! This is deep, God bless u mama.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Lantycool: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nice write up. U gonna make me cry. Calling my mama straight away
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by justi4jesu(f): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nice piece! I have the best mum and I wish her eternal life.

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Eniqurl(f): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
Aww...ma face z wet. Ah LOVE u mum, ur d best tin i eva had.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by yommy2sure(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
God help me to be a good and caring child to my my mum. She gave her best to me, tho she never went to school, she sold her things to made sure I went to one. I love u maaami. God keep u to carry my children.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Sike(m): 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
No one like MOTHER.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
cry cry
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by charybabe: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
thank God 4 mothers,fathers r wondaful 2, pray God 2 giv me d resources 2 takia of my mother
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by ekaromail: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
Best post I have read on Nairaland for some time now. I'm seriously touched
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by ephraimurueme(m): 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
What abt us that didn't have a mother aπϑ was raised by a single parent(only father) aπϑ have not experienced a motherly love, what should we do then?
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by britneykyute(f): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
Baba_Eleko: I need toilet roll, tissue, paper towel, dryer whatever. *cant stop sobbing*
cheesy

May i give yhu TOILET NAH. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Harbiurlah(f): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
Orisa bi iya ko si.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales!!!!!!!!! Everything must go for 250k / Living Without My Spouse For 6 Months (At Least) / How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.