Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? (4745 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Why Can't Nigerian Girls Have This Kind Of Tummy? / Why Can't Nigerian Men Behave Themselves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 16, 2010
3ndy:

grin grin grin grin
but aimè,
i live in italy, not in Nigeria and my experience are based on the nigerians abroad

It's worse in Nigeria. grin

Area_boy:

how can i be wrong, would i ask you out if i dont find you attractive?? undecided
answer that and quote me again

Why is it the attractive ones you guys  like to do favors for?
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 4:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
stillwater:

It's worse in Nigeria. grin

really?? then i remain on my ideas,,
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by daduke2k(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2010
Lie lie i gree not
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2010
daduke2k:

Lie lie i gree not
y not??
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Areaboy2(m): 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2010
3ndy:

no u wouldn't ask me out,
and neither would u help me,
so we'll just not meet at all

there u go again,

on my way home the other day i saw two chics with a parked car and they had no clue wat to do, i stopped asked the problem and they had no idea either, found out they had a bad battery and the car had stalled (due to her poor driving skill). popped my bonnet got mine out, started it for them instructed her wat to do so it wont stall again. opted to follow her until she got close to where she was going just in case it died again.

after that, i waved and headed home,

I dont even know their names until today, why? both of them were too skinny, ( i dun like skinny girls)
So i didnt find them attractive and i helped them,

What are we saying here then?
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2010
Area_boy:

there u go again,

on my way home the other day i saw two chics with a parked car and they had no clue wat to do,  i stopped asked the problem and they had no idea either,  found out they had a bad battery and the car had stalled (due to her poor driving skill). popped my bonnet got mine out, started it for them instructed her wat to do so it wont stall again. opted to follow her until she got close to where she was going just in case it died again.

after that,  i waved and headed home,

I dont even know their names until today,  why? both of them were too skinny,  ( i dun like skinny girls)
So i didnt find them attractive and i helped them,

What are we saying here then?
1 are u the son of the good samaritan
2 u really did help them and took a good look at their body shape, face etc,
3 u didn't ask contact bcoz u were first decieved that they were pretty, then when u found out that none of them where ur type u just let go,
simple and nice
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Areaboy2(m): 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2010
u might wana say that, the fine from far theory, that got me to stop in the first place

but then again, the original post is talking about a lady ASKING for help. in that case if i can help, what the heck, if she's in my league, hey, why not?/

lets say those chics had a little more meat on, i'll surely would have had two extra numbers on my phone by now.

back to base, it just goes to show that

if {the guy finds her attractive enuff, he'll definitely wana know her more, }
else
its a bye bye drive safe,
end if
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 3ndy(f): 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2010
Area_boy:

u might wana say that,  the fine from far theory,  that got me to stop in the first place

but then again,   the original post is talking about a lady ASKING for help. in that case if i can help, what the heck,  if she's in my league,  hey,  why not?/

lets say those chics had a little more meat on, i'll surely would have had two extra numbers on my phone by now.

back to base, it just goes to show that

if {the guy finds her attractive enuff, he'll definitely wana know her more,  }
  else
      its a bye bye drive safe,
end if

so by all d means i'm right,
these girls surely did ask for help, and u surely helped them,
but damn, they were 2 skinny,
so our luck ( i mean d ladies) when we ask for help is that the men help us, then find out that we're not his type,
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Areaboy2(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
i say father, u say papa, we are now on the same page my dear,

my initial argument is that she should be happy that naija guys are asking more about her instead of just walking away cos they actually do find her attractive,

shikena,
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by chukz4real(m): 10:09am On Mar 17, 2010
Ladies has so much problems, they complain: "Tessy, could you believe that nobody has called me on phone since morning?", "Jane, just imagine. Mr. Uche gave me carry over on GNS 234. I knew it would come to this, simply because he invited me to his office and I refused", "Becky, some guys can be stupid ooooo!. Could you believe that Joe, the guy working with Mobil I met online sent me N50,000 even without knowing how I look like?"

The truth is that an average Nigerian lady believes that they can never gain a favour without a pay back some day. And interestingly, they look forward to that.

I've been blessed to be a divine helper, the unfortunate thing is that when u assist ladies, they either change their phone number or email address, or blacklist your access to their facebook page while the guys will always remember and give u a call. So in a nutshell, collect whatever from her while the offer lasted to avoid been labeled an Aboki afterall!
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by H2O2: 10:13am On Mar 17, 2010
Free this free that, free seat in a car. Next time you get to the mall without your credit card, maybe those "good samaritans" will also offer to dash you theirs for free.

Why you always tryinga get everything for free.

you even lucky the nigga changed to the spare tyre for you.
next time learn to do it yourself. it's not a man's job to labor for you.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by range123: 10:24am On Mar 17, 2010
What! must you always ask for favors?
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by 77ken: 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
my dear u ask for too many favours, u`ve asked for favours than any man i know on earth, u no sure say u de find something?
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by omega25red(m): 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ poster

you want equality but you walk around playing the damsel in distress and using your looks to get what you want and you think eventually you wouldn't run into someone who will want to know why your husband is not fixing your tire or picking you up from the airport ( i know you didn't mention that you had or didn't have one) but seriously can you blame someone for taking advantage of your vulnerability to see if they can be the hero you are looking for??
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by olugirl(f): 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
I agree with the poster, most 9ja men think when they offer u assistance, the next step is for them to ask to 'know u berra', even when u r obviously not interested.   We do need help at some point or the other and the fact that a girl asked for help or that a guy offered to help her does not mean she runs about playing a damsel in distress.

Abroad, if you are just carrying a heavy bag minding your own business, a guy (or girl) will offer assitance and go there own way.

omega25red:

@ poster

you want equality but you walk around playing the damsel in distress and using your looks to get what you want and you think eventually you wouldn't run into someone who will want to know why your husband is not fixing your tire or picking you up from the airport ( i know you didn't mention that you had or didn't have one) but seriously can you blame someone for taking advantage of your vulnerability to see if they can be the hero you are looking for??
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by omega25red(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2010
olugirl:

I agree with the poster, most 9ja men think when they offer u assistance, the next step is for them to ask to 'know u berra', even when u r obviously not interested. We do need help at some point or the other and the fact that a girl asked for help or that a guy offered to help her does not mean she runs about playing a damsel in distress.

Abroad, if you are just carrying a heavy bag minding your own business, a guy (or girl) will offer assitance and go there own way.

Offering help is one thing which i dont see a problem with but when you make an issue of it and specifically mention like 5 different occasions of when you got your way with the help of some stranger you are either playing a damsel in distress to put it lightly or you are a clumsy oaf who probably needs reminders of when to breath
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by tpia1: 8:15am On Jan 05, 2011
I was stranded at the tram station because my cc was not accepted by the machine, i spoke with one of the inspectors who decided to buy me the ticket from his purse and he did not ask what my name is.
Few times i have had to stop at fuel station to inflate my tyres and had to ask guys to help me with it they usually do that and go their way.
I had to change my tyre one very cold evening and asked a male passing by to help with it, because of the cold he asked me to sit in the car while he fixed the spare tyre for me, he didnt ask to know me better
I had a heavy luggage sometimes and while alighting from the plane a guy offered to carry it for me out of the airport and he was ok with just thank you.
I was asking a guy who was driving a space bus for direction while it was raining and despite that it wasnt his way he offered to drop me there and  he didnt ask where i live. ALL these guys are foreigners.

Now, i remember very well that while at home i have had to ask for similar favours from men and if they do such favour they will end with either wanting to know you better, asking where you live, where you school, your phone no and generally the next thing is they want to go out with you, infact a very close family friend who also was my teacher in the sunday school promised to help me out of a tight financial situation sometimes ago and when i went for it he told me to sleep over with him or he would not be able to help me, i had to take a 'lift' back to school and the 'good samaritan' who gave me the lift  also did not go without taking my name and address so he could visit and that brought the question 'cant Nigerian men do females favour for free?'

good question.

now, before the quota system people descend on me, yes, some women have a habit of offering their bodies in return for any little favour a man does them.

however, we really cant deny the prevalence among many nigerian men, of expecting a relationship of some kind as a thank you for helping a woman out.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by tpia1: 8:17am On Jan 05, 2011
The foreigners who may have helped you, am sure are most likely to be whites, whose preference for attraction in women may not be African women.

true.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2011
if i help a lady and she appeals to me i will ask her out, it is my constitutional right

if she doesn't like me she will turn me down its also her constitutional right

at least we still have freedom of speech.

the catch is that i don't help a lady only because she appeals to me period
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Beync(f): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2011
There is this my co-worker dat is so gentle and nice that i respect him most among others, but this day we were less busy and just talking and this guy was like ''i met this girls crying alongside the street and no one seem to no wat is wrong, so i walked up to her just to find out that the girl has lost the money she sold as she is a hawker and the aunty is not going to spare her any gud on getting home. i was especting him to say he gave her some money and let her go, cos i see the quy as a nice person in the work place,but to my suprise he said he ask the girl to follow him to his house which is nearby, slept with this girl so easily and gave her the money before he ask her to to go on dat spot i just realized that there is nothin in fish head, i mean there are some people u l see u think they are reasonasonable but fury black ass idiots dat covers their bodies in cloths. as for aksing for help hmmm, noting goes for nothing these days.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Atreides(f): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2011
Something like that happened to me. I was going to school and a guy offered to give me a lift. Now normally,i dont enter strangers' cars not to talk of male strangers but this man had a kid in the back-seat who was also wearing his school uni,like me,and there was no bus. So i tell myself okay this guy(not even guy sef,man cos he was mature) is taking his kid to school and my school is in the same area so i hop in. He starts asking me about the quality of my school and a niece he wants to send there and i think to myself,taking this ride was a good idea because obviously this man's just being a nice guy,only for me to get to my stop and to have him ask for my number. I was about to say i didnt have a phone when the stupid thing rang. At the end of the day i had no choice but to give him the number and listen to him talk about how i looked really smart and talked intelligently,how he's like to take me to a fast-food place so we could talk,all the while thinking does he expect me to jump up and down because he wants to take me somewhere to go and chop rice? Na so i hungry reach? Bloody pedophile. . My point is,some Nigerian guys just dont have that 'gentleman' spirit. Not all,buh some. They almost always have ulterior motives.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by tpia1: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2011
not a good habit.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Odunnu: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2011
Most Nigerian men are opportunists.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

if i help a lady and she appeals to me i will ask her out, it is my constitutional right

if she doesn't like me she will turn me down its also her constitutional right

at least we still have freedom of speech.

the catch is that i don't help a lady only because she appeals to me period

It's as simple as that. Dunno why anyone would make a big issue out of this simple matter. >>>>>> Although I hope she also turns down the help in addition to turning down your advances. A big problem only arises when girls desperately need and accept a man's help but also 'selfishly' decline his 'entry request'. That wan na im be say her ogboju alagbari fit put her for trouble. There is no free lunch in this world; that is the bitter reality that no one needs to whine about.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Onchedu(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
A good number of girls don't understand we can. They think it's weird if we don't ask for something in return for goodwill assistance. To appear "normal" some of us just go with the flow.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Moralistli(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2011
I must say, u thread is somewhat proactive and educative, but sorry to say, an average 9gerian girl will most probably rebuke u for doing otherwise, they always want u to tell dem that u can't do or live without dem.

Moreover, in a society like ours where girls are not used to wooin d opposite sex, u should know dat they 'd certainly expect u to do d needful at all cost.

And how possible is it to start or establishlish a relatnship or friendship wit anyone if dey never care, or u never summon d courage to open contact wit the.?

No! we can't do it 4 free ''' societal norm'''
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by tpia1: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^you seem to have missed the whole point of the thread.

same applies to kingsleyinfo and the two posters before you.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Carolece(f): 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
Nigerian men are:

disgusting.
stuupid.
noncaring.
stuupid.
disgusting.
stupid.
disgusting.
stupid.
stupid.
stupid.
scammers.

I dont care what yall want to say, thats how I see all the ones I've met.
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Orton10(m): 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2011
^
Carol baby pls calm down.k
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Carolece(f): 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2011
I am ok. I just cant hide it
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by Busta(f): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2011
Cos they were never taught during their "Home training and Life lessons" that one good turn deserves another.
Funny thing is that not all Nigerian men are like that.

I once dated an akata guy that has "zero" mentality on what it means to put ladies first, common courtesy, or treating a lady nicely. My bf now is nigeria born and breed and he treats me like a Goddess. Opens the door for me when we go out, hold my shopping bags, buy me stuffs, take out for dinner dates, pulls the chair for me to sit, helps me in the kitchen to cook and clean up . . endless. Some women do have them!!
Re: Can't Nigerian Guys Do It For Free? by tosyne007(m): 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
Carolece:

Nigerian men are:

disgusting.
stuupid.
noncaring.
stuupid.
disgusting.
silly.
disgusting.
silly.
silly.
silly.
scammers.

I dont care what yall want to say, thats how I see all the ones I've met.

that's being unnecessarily harsh and irrational. seems there's more to your comments.

are u a victim of circumstance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Still Loves His Ex? / Why Girls Are Afraid Of Falling In Love After A Heartbreak! / See What Came Out Of This Lagos Girl When Urinating (Graphic Photos 18+)PG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.