Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west (3108 Views)

Jonathan Moves Property From Aso Rock, Plans Global Shuttle,to Write Book / Jonathan Moves To Save Al-makura, Meets Nasarawa Lawmakers / Jonathan Moves To Reduce Parastatals, Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Shine1177: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
September 27, 2013

•Mimiko, Ladoja, others lead battle

By RAZAQ BAMIDELE.

In preparation to have a smooth sail in the South-West for his presidential project, President Goodluck Jonathan, Daily Sun gathered authoritatively, has picked his foot soldiers with a view to capturing the zone in 2015 general election.

[b]Interestingly, Jonathan, in his approach to the project has confirmed the dictum that, in politics, there is neither a permanent friends or foe as he chose two political combatants from supposed opposition parties as arrowheads of the onslaught.

Daily Sun can report authoritatively that Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko of Labour Party (LP), and former governor of Oyo State, Senator Rashidi Ladoja of the Accord Party (AP), are the president’s new field commanders with the mandate to mobilize grassroots support for his 2015 presidential aspiration.

A source close to the Presidency confided in Daily Sun that “already, Mimiko has commenced work in both Lagos and Ogun States,” saying “even, leaders and governorship candidates are being screened for the governorship elections in both states.”

According to the reliable source, former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel has been picked as LP leader to prosecute the project while the former governorship candidate in Lagos State on the platform of the Democratic Peoples Alliance (DPA), Mr. Jimi Agbaje is also said to be on the list of the LP for Lagos 2015.

In the case of Oyo State, Ladoja is said to have come handy because of his political popularity and relevance in the state reputed to be the melting point of Yoruba politics.

Recall that Mimiko and Ladoja had earlier planned a political Third Force in the South-Wes, with a view to putting their acts together to present a formidable third force in all the future electoral contests in the zone.

Daily Sun had reported authoritatively that the Labour Party (LP) under the leadership of Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko and the Accord Party (AP), of the former Oyo State governor, Senator Rashidi Ladoja, were finalizing accord tagged: Alliance by Collaboration, to give the APC and PDP a run for their money in the South-West, starting from the coming governorship elections in Ekiti and Osun states next year.

We also reported that chieftains of the parties had commenced closed door meetings in both Akure and Ibadan to fine tune the processes of the alliance with a view to storming the electoral arena with a bang.

Daily Sun checks revealed that the president would not mind an arrangement whereby these two parties and others that may join the alliance to win their governorship contests in their various areas of strength but mobilize for him to win the presidential contest as it happened in 2011.

[/b]
In 2011, the South-West voted for the then Action Congress of Nigeria (AC N), during the governorship election and turned round to give their presidential mandate to Jonathan of the PDP.

Right now, while Mimiko has consolidated his grip on Ondo State and Ladoja is also causing positive ripples in Oyo State, the two politicians have shifted their tentacles to Ogun State where Mimiko’s LP is already making waves with the former governor Gbenga Daniel believed to party’s leader.

As the situation is in Ogun State now, the LP permutation in the state is to groom a candidate from the West Senatorial District, the zone that has not produced a governor since the creation of the state. Right now, two politicians, according to Daily Sun checks are already crossing their ‘t’s and dotting their ‘I’s in preparation to declare their governorship aspiration on the LP platform.

The two politicians from the Yewa axis of the state are Isiaka Abiodun Akinlade, an APC House of Representatives member and Isiaka Gboyega, who was the Peoples Party of Nigeria (PPN), governorship candidate in the 2011 election. Former Governor Gbenga Daniel is the founder of the party-PPN.

Right now, Ogun State APC, PDP and PPN House of Assembly members were reported to have decamped to the LP.
See: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-jonathan-moves-to-capture-swest/
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Shine1177: 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
GEJ till 2019!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by tunetokheyno(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2013

i thought the election was in 2015 !!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
DOA! Dead On Arrival!

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Shine1177: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
payless: DOA! Dead On Arrival!

No denying the fact that the hurried sack of the entire cabinet of Oyo state is more than meet the eye. Senator Ajimobi know that the threat of Senator Ladoja's Accord Party is not child play couple with the in-house fighting of Ajimobi and Senator Lanlehin.

Ogun state APC chaos is in hibernation mode as Aremo Segun Osoba will not support Senator Amosun re-election, his structure has endorsed Mr. Fola Adeola and if Labour Party pick its candidate from Yewa land then Labour party will carry the day.

Expect more intrigues between now and 2015.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Jimi Agbaje for Lagos state Governor 2015!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Biodup: 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
chukwudi44: Jimi Agbaje for Lagos state Governor 2015!!!
tinubu killer squad will clear agbaje commot for road as he did to funso williams
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
Jonathan will win in2015
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Brimmie(m): 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2013
Capture?? Yhh.. Maybe Hin Wan Take Pishure Of South-West!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Brimmie(m): 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
chukwudi44: Jimi Agbaje for Lagos state Governor 2015!!!

grin grin Abi Obanikoro?? Kosi Koro Kosi'bo! grin grin

PDP Nor Fit!! tongue tongue
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by WildChild00(m): 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
As we speak, all hands are on deck, on how to capture some of the south western states that has been under dictatorial control over the last years, most especially Lagos State, "one of the biggest hub centers" strength, weakness, opportunities and threats are been analysed.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
Olusegun obasanjo, dimeji bankole, gbenga daniels, alao akala, alex onabanjo, bode george, ayo fayose, olagunsoye oyinlola, iyiola omisore and all other PDP criminals in the south west ought to be rotting in jail right now

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Akanbiedu(m): 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
He will be taught the bitter lesson of his life.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
WildChild00: As we speak, all hands are on deck, on how to capture some of the south western states that has been under dictatorial control over the last years, most especially Lagos State, "one of the biggest hub centers" strength, weakness, opportunities and threats are been analysed.
if the developmental strides we are witnessing all over the south west under Apc is what you refer to as 'dictatorial control', i will like to tell you that we in the south west are pleased with such 'dictatorial controls'

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by franchizy(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2013
I don't think this forces can do anything for johnathan cos I trust yorubas as they are not like d Igbos who can do anything for money, my advice is dat GEJ shud b mindful of dis move
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin

It can't get funnier than this....

Ladoja? Mimiko? OGD?

I am laffing.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by takedat(m): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Will GEJ get considerable votes from the SW? Yes.

Will PDP and her other affiliates capture the SW? Maybe when hell freezes over.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Desola(f): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
Akanbi_edu: He will be taught the lesson of his life.

You omitted 'bitter' before the lesson.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Desola(f): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
take dat: Will GEJ get considerable votes from the SW? Yes.

Considerable? How? From who? From where?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by WildChild00(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
lakhadimar: if the developmental strides we are witnessing all over the south west under Apc is what you refer to as 'dictatorial control', i will like to tell you that we in the south west are pleased with such 'dictatorial controls'

I beg ur pardon! Speak for yourself.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by takedat(m): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
Desola:

Considerable? How? From who? From where?
From his people of course.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by tomzman: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
I'm not really sure of other SW states but I'm pretty sure that PDP will not win anything in Ogun and Osun states come 2015. The people of those states are currently experiencing development and I don't think anyone in his right senses would choose suffering over develoment. Lagos, Ondo and Ekiti are shaking a little bit but all in all, I can still guarantee to a high level that PDP (GEJ) will not win SW come 2015.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Akanbiedu(m): 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
Desola:

You omitted 'bitter' before the lesson.

Amended my iron lady.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by taharqa: 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
take dat: Will GEJ get considerable votes from the SW? Yes.

How Considerable is 'considerable'. Cos if he gets anytin approaching 40% from d SW, then it is game over. EASILY.. And this direction is where I think his Strategists are thinking towards
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Shine1177: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
Take note that Senator Rashidi Ladoja is a force to recon with in Oyo politics and he holds Accord Party firmly, many members of PDP led by Alao-Akala has team up with him to wrestle APC. Remember that ACN has to form alliance with Accord Party in Oyo before they could produce the Speaker House of Assembly while Accord Party member was pick as Deputy-Speaker, as this alliance has collapsed the Oyo State House of Assembly Speaker can easily be impeached since ACN/APC does not have the simple majority, the Accord Party member can form alliance with PDP House member to produce the Speaker base on their numerical strength; there we go ...

This is the 2011 Nigerian Gubernatorial Election Official Results for Oyo State

ACN ***** 420,167
PDP ***** 386,480
ACCORD *** 275,151

Total ***** 1,081,798
Source: Read more: http://www.theinfostrides.com/index.php?topic=14425.0#ixzz2g6mOBMgE

You can see Ajumobi can't win 2015 as Oyo Chapter of the APC is presently constituted with internal wrangling from Senator Lanlehin and for CPC members. That's the more reason he sacked his cabinet last week, he's running a one-man show now. How do you see a governor who is presume to in-charge sacking his SSG, Commissioners, Advisers and Personal Assistant at a time, the man knows that if he should go for election now; he will fail. So he want to re-strategies but i don't see him winning.

Tinubu and his train went to Ondo State last time to drum support for his boy but he was shown the back door. Gov. Olusegun Mimiko is a force in Ondo and South West politics now. He will surely garner substantial votes for GEJ in 2015, PDP South West will get him votes also and our brothers across the Niger living in Lagos State will vote overwhelmingly for GEJ. The equation is already adding up for GEJ in South-West.

GEJ never betrayed Yorubas on the Speakership of House of Reps, Tinubu and his boys sold our collective gain on political altar, so GEJ have no offence against us.

GEJ till 2019!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by takedat(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
taharqa: How Considerable is 'considerable'. Cos if he gets anytin approaching 40% from d SW, then it is game over. EASILY.. And this direction is where I think his Strategists are thinking towards
I believe he should get something close to that. He is winning the 2015 presidential election, no doubt about that.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
Biodup: tinubu killer squad will clear agbaje commot for road as he did to funso williams
Are you accusing Bola Ahmed Tinubu of murder ?
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by grafikii: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
taharqa: How Considerable is 'considerable'. Cos if he gets anytin approaching 40% from d SW, then it is game over. EASILY.. And this direction is where I think his Strategists are thinking towards
TELL THE RETARDEEN THAT YOU HAVE TO PERFORM TO GET VOTES IN THE SOUTH WEST. This is not the south east for God sake

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by Atouke: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
ALl GEJ needs is 25% from all the SW states and 80% from ondo state.that will do it. if he does better its still a win.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by WildChild00(m): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
take dat: I believe he should get something close to that. He is winning the 2015 presidential election, no doubt about that.

There is absolutely no doubt about dat.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by yetunsbay(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
wen i say Osun...though we all knw its a no going area
Re: 2015: Jonathan Moves To Capture S’west by WildChild00(m): 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Billyonaire: Are you accusing Bola Ahmed Tinubu of murder ?

Gaskiya cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC:Fashola And Tinubu Displaying 1st Class Hypocrisy And Cowardice Here (pics) / Caretaker Governor Nyesom Wike May Be Removed!! / 195 Countries Of The World And Their Population (see Nigeria At #7)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.