Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate (5851 Views)

Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / My Distasteful Experience With Nyesom Wike (PDP Rivers Guber Candidate)- Pics / UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by onyendu1: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
Professor Benedict Ndubuisi Akanegbu was born in Onitsha, Onitsha North Local Government Area of Anambra State, although he is from Idemili North Local Government. He attended both Bubendorf Memorial Grammar School, Adazi-Nnukwu, and Christ the King College (CKC) Onitsha.

He obtained his first degree from Alabama A & M University in the United States of America (USA) with First Class in Economics in 1983. He later obtained both his Master of Arts (Economics) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Economics from Howard University in the USA, in 1991, specializing in International Trade, Finance and Economic Development.

After his brilliant academic attainments in the United States of America, Professor Benedict N. Akanegbu went into Academics both in the United States and Nigeria as a lecturer before taking other significant international appointments.

He has over two decades of experience in teaching and research and community development. He has taught and researched in Howard University, USA, University of Lagos, American University of Nigeria, Yola; Nasarawa State University, Keffi, and Nigerian Turkish Nile University, Abuja.

The towering intellectual also served in research and administrative capacities in several institutions: World Bank, Research and Evaluation Department, Washington D.C, and United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Professor Benedict N. Akanegbu also served in corporate America and Nigeria as Managing Director and Director in several companies which created thousands of jobs and business empires that did billions of dollars worth of business.

It is with these brilliant academic attainments and rich working experience that Professor Benedict N. Akanegbu is going for the Anambra State Government House, Awka, on November 16, 2013. He has the qualifications, experience and the support of Anambra people. He is eagerly waiting for the D-day.

Read more:
http://africanheraldexpress.com/blog8/2013/09/22/meet-dr-ben-ndu-akanegbu-upp-candidate-for-anambra-guber/
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Phd no dey fear us undecided

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by FreeGlobe(f): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
impressive, hope he has enough money to embark on a massive and spirited campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by onyendu1: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
FreeGlobe: impressive, hope he has enough money to embark on a massive and spirited campaign.

@FreeGlobe

We hope to elect more of people like this to leadership.. But we shall see in a couple of weeks from now on how much massive and spirited campaign he can sustain so that more people will get to know who he is..

@Idi Amin

We show no concern at who we elect, but we and our relatives still suffer from the mess our poor leadership creates.. It shall some day be well with us

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by fagbalex(m): 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
Whao!!!!!! i can't believe it. he's my lecturer while in school. he though me econometrics and micro economics while in school. the man is so humble, God fearing, and he's always dedicative in all his total endeavour most especially in services to the people. i believe the man has all what it take to be the next governor of anambra state. with the spate of things in the state and the weakness of his party, he has a very little hope of reaching the highest position in the state, but i believe its starting point and a medium to create awareness. wishing my dear prof. best of luck. we from nasarawa state university love you but God love you most. ma salam

4 Likes

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by onyendu1: 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
fagbalex: Whao!!!!!! i can't believe it. he's my lecturer while in school. he though me econometrics and micro economics while in school. the man is so humble, God fearing, and he's always dedicative in all his total endeavour most especially in services to the people. i believe the man has all what it take to be the next governor of anambra state. with the spate of things in the state and the weakness of his party, he has a very little hope of reaching the highest position in the state, but i believe its starting point and a medium to create awareness. wishing my dear prof. best of luck. we from nasarawa state university love you but God love you most. ma salam

@fagbalex

Be Blessed for saying the truth as you know it.. We need good people in leadership and it behooves on us all to entrench that in any way we can for the betterment of our society. His party is not weak.. UPP was founded by the same founder of APGA ( chief chekwas Okorie) . Look out from the second week of October to be sure about the strength of his party, though a one year old party.. You are going to be amazed at what is going to play out in the next few weeks.. But if you think Prof. is good enough to govern anambra state, you can join in campaigning for him in your own little way as many are now doing even before he flags off campaign in couple of weeks to come... Salvage awaits our country in the earnest.. Up Prof. Benedict Ndubuisi Akanegbu, the most outstanding in the anambra guber race...

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by mekaboy(m): 12:09am On Sep 28, 2013
We need people like this in the govt house of anambra, not empty barrels making noise up and down. Say no to touts and thugs in anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by fagbalex(m): 12:09am On Sep 28, 2013
onyendu1:

@fagbalex

Be Blessed for saying the truth as you know it.. We need good people in leadership and it behooves on us all to entrench that in any way we can for the betterment of our society. His party is not weak.. UPP was founded by the same founder of APGA ( chief chekwas Okorie) . Look out from the second week of October to be sure about the strength of his party, though a one year old party.. You are going to be amazed at what is going to play out in the next few weeks.. But if you think Prof. is good enough to govern anambra state, you can join in campaigning for him in your own little way as many are now doing even before he flags off campaign in couple of weeks to come... Salvage awaits our country in the earnest.. Up Prof. Benedict Ndubuisi Akanegbu, the most outstanding in the anambra guber race...
absolutely am really impressed and now optimistic. in any way i will play my part to preach the incomparable virtue of my amiable professor to the world and most especially the good people of anambra state. am ready at any time to join, sacrifice my time and money to campaign for progress, development, and emancipation for this people because i so much believe in the potential of my prof.

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by onyendu1: 12:34am On Sep 28, 2013
fagbalex:
absolutely am really impressed and now optimistic. in any way i will play my part to preach the incomparable virtue of my amiable professor to the world and most especially the good people of anambra state. am ready at any time to join, sacrifice my time and money to campaign for progress, development, and emancipation for this people because i so much believe in the potential of my prof.

Thank you so much. I am also not from Anambra state,but i spend time to market him to people because i see him as the very best among all the candidates. We have many ways of receiving reward from God for doing a just work. You cant believe that your Prof. havent met me and doesnt even know i do this for him, so that is why i consider it a just work, though i have a personal relationship with the founder of his party. I fell for your prof. after reading his credentials as i became convinced that we need people like him in leadership. I got to understand he will flag off campaigns by mid Oct. and i intend to join his campaign if not for anything but to be sure i contributed in giving the people the best.. You are highly welcome in this pursuit of marketing your prof. to the people.. I am sure you will see for your self when things start properly and be sure to do what you can to let people around you to know that your prof. is the best among the jostlers of that seat. You may reach me whenever you wish to join his campaign and you can as well meet him if you wish... PEACE
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by fagbalex(m): 12:47am On Sep 28, 2013
onyendu1:

Thank you so much. I am also not from Anambra state,but i spend time to market him to people because i see him as the very best among all the candidates. We have many ways of receiving reward from God for doing a just work. You cant believe that your Prof. havent met me and doesnt even know i do this for him, so that is why i consider it a just work, though i have a personal relationship with the founder of his party. I fell for your prof. after reading his credentials as i became convinced that we need people like him in leadership. I got to understand he will flag off campaigns by mid Oct. and i intend to join his campaign if not for anything but to be sure i contributed in giving the people the best.. You are highly welcome in this pursuit of marketing your prof. to the people.. I am sure you will see for your self when things start properly and be sure to do what you can to let people around you to know that your prof. is the best among the jostlers of that seat. You may reach me whenever you wish to join his campaign and you can as well meet him if you wish... PEACE

it a great pleasure and i feel honour about it. although we're staying in the same area here in abuja but i lost his contact some couple of month ago. will be glad if you could give me your detail and his own to this gmail address

galaxygaladima13@gmail.com

will be looking forward to your message thanks.
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by FreeGlobe(f): 3:17am On Sep 28, 2013
@onyendu1 why is he starting his campaign mid October when he has no party structure yet and name. He is supposed to start in earnest if he is serious. meanwhile send me a mail. need to contribute my quota to the campaign

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by hardywaltz(m): 3:42am On Sep 28, 2013
Most of what u posted about his CV are niether here nor there.

You didn't say what he has done specifically for Anambra people (or his community) for them to troop out and vote for him.

Politics is a game for politicians, even Obama, Bill Clinton or George Bush (Snr & Jr) didn't have tall academic profiles or intimidating cvs.

I'm from Anambra, I'm undecided about who is worthy of my vote but I know several who aren't. (Andy; Nwoye; Nicholas; Ifeanyi; Nwabueze etc)

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by BabaEleko(m): 3:57am On Sep 28, 2013
Brb
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by FreeGlobe(f): 4:00am On Sep 28, 2013
hardywaltz: Most of what u posted about his CV are niether here nor there.

You didn't say what he has done specifically for Anambra people (or his community) for them to troop out and vote for him.

Politics is a game for politicians, even Obama, Bill Clinton or George Bush (Snr & Jr) didn't have tall academic profiles or intimidating cvs.

I'm from Anambra, I'm undecided about who is worthy of my vote but I know several who aren't. (Andy; Nwoye; Nicholas; Ifeanyi; Nwabueze etc)
so what did Peter obi do for his community before being governor. As a Economist, I think this is the only viable replacement we have for Soludo. I think the state needs a good restructuring and planning. And the man is well exposed. You got to admit he has a better record and qualification than all those touts, stooges and thugs contesting.His cV says he specialized in International Trade, Finance and Economic Development. very impressive! He just needs to play the politics involved and well. Remember Peter Obi was barely a politician when he contested.

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by onyendu1: 8:11am On Sep 28, 2013
FreeGlobe:
so what did Peter obi do for his community before being governor. As a Economist, I think this is the only viable replacement we have for Soludo. I think the state needs a good restructuring and planning. And the man is well exposed. You got to admit he has a better record and qualification than all those touts, stooges and thugs contesting.His cV says he specialized in International Trade, Finance and Economic Development. very impressive! He just needs to play the politics involved and well. Remember Peter Obi was barely a politician when he contested.

@fagbalex

I will send you an email. We hope to live a clean and dedicated life so that some day, old friends like you would wish to sacrifice and tell the world how good we are even behind us and without our knowledge.

@hardywaltz

What you read about his CV is simple truth or you may carry your own independent investigation..You will be impressed further..Truth is not a secret.. Are you not surprised that even his old student here has given some good testimony about him? I have many of my lecturers then in school that i can never give a vote if i see them contesting even for councelorship and there are still some i can consider to just vote for , while there are still some i would contribute to get them serve the people. Imagine what his old student says even behind the prof. He may have not done much for his people but i bet you that neither Fashola nor Sulivan Chime including Apkabio have done anything for his people prior to becoming a governor. Infact, Sullivan's kinsmen told us then in 2007 that the man dosnt attend village meeting and had nothing to do with his people. But today, he is one of the best in south east. If really you think that his towering profile do not count, then we have to go for the touts and stop complaining about the underdevelopment we witness in our nation. At once, we need good and qualified people to lead us. Prof. Soludo, Akunyili and Prof. Akanegbu are the best that have come around at this moment, pls lets give them the chance. If we continue to complain about the touts and go ahead also to complain about the intellectually qualified, then we may continue to experience what we have with us now.. Say what is good and do what is good and let our society be good for all of us. Lets show the world that Anambra has great guys that can do great things and not the touts that try to over shadow the good guys. The society is for all of us to live in, so lets make it good.

@FreeGlobe

He has a name but not very popular among the populace for now and that is the work his campaigns will do. His party has structures in Anambra, just like in Imo. You can ask people around in anambra even in your own ward, just ask for UPP ward office in your ward and you will be surprised. Remember some candidates are making big noise in Awka and on TV with no ward offices. This is what UPP is cementing now before launching the campaign proper because it is the masses that do the voting as most of us in the city only follow the elections online or on the tv. Pls be sure that you have my appreciation for accepting what you know is better.. We need things to be done differently in our own country. Americans campaigned for Obama every where because they believed in him and some even went to donate money online without Obama knowing them. That is the much people who wish for good governance do for themselves and their people just to be sure they have the good guy. As of early this week, he started mini campaigns, but it will be flagged off properly mid Oct.. Please take your time also to search about his party leader ( Chekwas Okorie) , who was the founder of APGA, then you will believe with me that something is going to happen.. He is one of the best Igbo leaders and a great strategist. I will send you email but i can tell you that your said little quota might be the reason we may have a good or better government in Anambra .

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by Sunjos: 11:31am On Sep 28, 2013
thats good. if this man is giving the chance i believe he can perform with God on his side. he has also been and is still my lecturer and with his attitude and committement with work so far, i believe he has the capacity to deliver with God helping him. only that good people sometimes are not given the chance in Nigeria.....so sad. i'm not from Anambra but i think he is a nice candidate. ride on sir, God will see you through. if he wants you to be there, you will be there. Godluck sirrrrrrrrrr.[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by strangest(m): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2013
So?

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by ENEONWO(m): 11:43am On Sep 28, 2013
The Prof is one of the people being sponsored from Ngige's areas of strenght to share Ngige's votes. The man and his party know that they are pretending, not contending. Trust Onisha people. They will ask him what he has done for his community with his 'impressive' CV.
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by dridowu: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
Anambra politics is for the rugged e.g ngige, ukachukwu, ubahs, tony nwoye, obi
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by hardywaltz(m): 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
Like I said earlier politics is for Politicians, this ur Prof guy (can't even remember his/her name) where has he been in the last 4 years?
Why is he waiting till mid october to start his campaign despite his unpopularity?
Where does he stand on many issues bothering Anambra state?
Does he have the political sagacity to pilot a state with minority party where the house of assembly is been controlled by forces outside his knowledge?
Does he want to get elected in 2014 only to be impeached b4 2015?
Cvs and educational profiles don't win elections even in the US, UK or other countries.
My best suggestion is for him to remain in the political circles until 2018 then we can give him a chance.
Anambra state politics is not for political nwatakiri.
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by Joyeux: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
Nice qualification but he will not win.
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by akpur1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
Vote pdp oh
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by Watermelon(m): 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
There are differences between teaching and administration, that one is good at teaching and admonishing does not make him a good administrator.
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by jackpot(f): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
If you think this Prof wouldn't get up to 1000 votes in the upcoming Anambra guber election. . . .HIT LIKE

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by pak: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
I thought Bennedict Akeagbu was a former Super Eagles Player who featured at the CAN 2000 championship
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by InvertedHammer: 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
/

First thing first, What is UPP?

Tell the able prof. to save his money. He aint being the governor anytime soon.

/
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by roland20(m): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
onyendu1 I'm from anambra and presently in anambra my advice to prof is to start creating awareness till when he officially flags. off his campaign. i am not a member of upp but presently I haven't found a good candidate that has the potential to transform anambra to the present akwa ibom state. so please send me necessary info on my email. phizeey@yahoo.com. thank u
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by Zonacom(m): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
roland20: onyendu1 I'm from anambra and presently in anambra my advice to prof is to start creating awareness till when he officially flags. off his campaign. i am not a member of upp but presently I haven't found a good candidate that has the potential to transform anambra to the present akwa ibom state. so please send me necessary info on my email. phizeey@yahoo.com. thank u
So akwa ibom is your benchmark for development? If anambra's potentials is fully utilized, the present akwa ibom wou'nt match it in development at all. Many of you folks think development is all about superficial beauty. Human capital development is the main thing
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by alex101(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
I may not be from Anambra, but the message to Ndigbo in general is to start electing leaders that has a substantial "footing" in Igboland. By footing, I mean somebody who must have spent a considerable time in Igboland and must have atleast 80% of their worth in Igboland. If anybody vying for office in Igboland does not meet this criteria, then he/she should not be voted for, regardless of whatever resume they may brandish.

Take a look at the crappy resume below:

He has over two decades of experience in teaching and research and community development. He has taught and researched in Howard University, USA, University of Lagos, American University of Nigeria, Yola; Nasarawa State University, Keffi, and Nigerian Turkish Nile University, Abuja.
Here is a man that claim to have lectured over two decades and all the so called universities he taught in were all outside of Igboland undecided. I guess the only time he remembered his father's land is when to run for office? Imagine where this man will take his looted Anambra funds to? Lets say he decides to loot/steal like they all do,,,,,,his mansions will be sited in Abuja and Lagos,,,,then whenever Igbo are maltreated in the north or SW, he cannot talk for the fear of loosing his property,,,,See Orji Uzor Kalu in Lagos.

I will advise Ndigbo to keep using their "tongue in counting their teeth". Enough of this "Zik, born in Zungeru nonsense"

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by Brimmie(m): 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
fagbalex: Whao!!!!!! i can't believe it. he's my lecturer while in school. he though me econometrics and micro economics while in school. the man is so humble, God fearing, and he's always dedicative in all his total endeavour most especially in services to the people. i believe the man has all what it take to be the next governor of anambra state. with the spate of things in the state and the weakness of his party, he has a very little hope of reaching the highest position in the state, but i believe its starting point and a medium to create awareness. wishing my dear prof. best of luck. we from nasarawa state university love you but God love you most. ma salam

Ur Profile Pix!! grin grin Allahu Akbar!!
Re: Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate by Brimmie(m): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
alex101: I may not be from Anambra, but the message to Ndigbo in general is to start electing leaders that has a substantial "footing" in Igboland. By footing, I mean somebody who must have spent a considerable time in Igboland and must have atleast 80% of their worth in Igboland. If anybody vying for office in Igboland does not meet this criteria, then he/she should not be voted for, regardless of whatever resume they may brandish.

Take a look at the crappy resume below:

Here is a man that claim to have lectured over two decades and all the so called universities he taught in were all outside of Igboland undecided. I guess the only time he remembered his father's land is when to run for office? Imagine where this man will take his looted Anambra funds to? Lets say he decides to loot/steal like they all do,,,,,,his mansions will be sited in Abuja and Lagos,,,,then whenever Igbo are maltreated in the north or SW, he cannot talk for the fear of loosing his property,,,,See Orji Uzor Kalu in Lagos.

I will advise Ndigbo to keep using their "tongue in counting their teeth".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Politician Attempts Human Ritual (photos, Evidence Included) / Breaking News; President Buhari set to divorce his wife / Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.