Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (39883 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Galatians 3:7
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

We are followers of abrahamic faith. Who is the father of faith. If we are children abraham we ought to follow ABRAHAM faith.

I'm impressed so far from recent feedback that many posters and tithers have deeper understanding of these things better now.

. . . To be continued in a moment.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Joagbaje,
Thanks for thr post. It is true indeed. Tithes and offerings dates way before the time of the Israelites when they were told to give the ministers of the temple. That is Abraham the father of Faith tithing to the Priest of God, Melchizedek. Jacob even vowed to tithe on all God gives Him when He prayed for Prosperity though we saw no account and neither did we know of any Priest of God again that was in Jacob's vicinity.
Meaning Tithe and offerings is in appreciation of prosperity.

And throughout scriptures, we see where the people forgot and had to be reminded to again give the due of the Levites so they will continually be encouraged in their ministry when they have adequate provision as seen in Chronicles, Nehemiah and Malachi. This was further validated in the NT scriptures by Jesus Himself when He commended giving offerings and tithes and also spoke on the other giving to family and the needy.
Our prayer should be for more grace to continually be used of the Lord to continually establish the Kingdom of God.
Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Giving.....sure but tithe.......No No No

Tithe has nothing to do in/with Christianity.

Waiting for more info from Joagbaje though.....

10 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Candour: Giving.....sure but tithe.......No No No

Tithe has nothing to do in/with Christianity.

Waiting for more info from Joagbaje though.....
You are so much in a hurry...Lol,
Now here is the tricky part of this whole concept of givings. A giving that is devoid of faith no matter the amount is not acceptable in the sight of God.Go ask Cain and Abel. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Bidam: You are so much in a hurry...Lol,
Now here is the tricky part of this whole concept of givings. A giving that is devoid of faith no matter the amount is not acceptable in the sight of God.Go ask Cain and Abel. cheesy

grin you're right about giving with faith there

OK...let me calm down and wait for our brother
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
Joagbaje:

Galatians 3:7
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

We are followers of abrahamic faith. Who is the father of faith. If we are children abraham we ought to follow ABRAHAM faith.

I'm impressed so far from recent feedback that many posters and tithers have deeper understanding of these things better now.

. . . To be continued in a moment.
Abraham ur father offered animal sacrifices by faith, molested his maid and got Ishmael by faith, denied Sarah by faith, went to war by faith and gave 10% of d spoils n return 90% to d righful owners. I hope as a true son of ya fada Abram , u are honest enough to do all d above mentioned acts of ya fada.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ joagbaje,

When you say "eternal principles", what does that mean?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Joagbaje,
Thanks for thr post. It is true indeed. Tithes and offerings dates way before the time of the Israelites when they were told to give the ministers of the temple. That is Abraham the father of Faith tithing to the Priest of God, Melchizedek. Jacob even vowed to tithe on all God gives Him when He prayed for Prosperity though we saw no account and neither did we know of any Priest of God again that was in Jacob's vicinity.
Meaning Tithe and offerings is in appreciation of prosperity.

And throughout scriptures, we see where the people forgot and had to be reminded to again give the due of the Levites so they will continually be encouraged in their ministry when they have adequate provision as seen in Chronicles, Nehemiah and Malachi. This was further validated in the NT scriptures by Jesus Himself when He commended giving offerings and tithes and also spoke on the other giving to family and the needy.
Our prayer should be for more grace to continually be used of the Lord to continually establish the Kingdom of God.
Amen.
another tithe thread? OMG, these fraudstars are really up to smthing. TITHE IS THE BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMAN HISTORY. There is no single verse in d entire bible where Christians are commanded to pay 10% of their salaries/wages to pastor weekly or monthly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Goshen360: @ joagbaje,

When you say "eternal principles", what does that mean?
it means God is a trader or GUARANTE TRUST BANK, im dey sell health, house, car, wife/husband, children, peace, love, school admissions, exam sucess, employment, touch n follow, rings to trade etc n he loves currencies bc thats d only things dey no get for heaven.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
Lemme make a little contribution to the thread.
First, i would that, it be clear that i'm not a pastor or whatsoever anyone might think. The thinking of some as regards to the subject that anyone who agrees to such is brain washed or a pastor is shameful.
That point made, i'd add to what has been said that the subject is yet in existence and is valid.
My point comes from the word of the Master himself. The words of the Master is greater than the words of every one in the scriptures. His words can never fail.
And i yet discover that the Lord did not intend that tithe should go extinct.
We know the Lord is supreme and He is greater than Moses. The authority He commands is one that Moses did not have.
And we read of how the Master showed that when He brought the law of Moses to a wrap and introduced Kingdom principles (which the law was trying to do).
The master showed it here,

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in
danger of the judgment.’
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the
judgment. And whoever says
to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be
in danger of the council. But
whoever says, ‘You fool!’
shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:21-22

Here, the Lord showed Supremacy when He said, BUT I SAY UNTO YOU....
Again, the Master said on another occassion,

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou
shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a
woman to lust after her hath
committed adultery with her
already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-29

Again, we see the Lord's supremacy when He used the phrase "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU". The "BUT" showed He was bringing a change here.
But now, the Lord comes to the issue of tithe and behold what he said,
But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue
and every herb, and neglect
justice and the love of God.
These you ought to have
done, without neglecting the
others.
Luke 11:42ESV

Is it not revealing? The Lord did not use the phrase, "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU". Instead, He said, These you ought to have
done
. Thats one big reason to show the Lord never abolished it.
By this, we understand that the Lord never put an end to it, He commended it.
People ask why there was no record of tithe in the book of Acts of Apostles. And i tell them, the book of Acts shows the Church in its evolving stage. The Church as contained in Acts was not perfect, it was evolving. A good bible student will spot that maturity increased in the Church. The Church we read of in the early chapters is not the same in maturity as that we read of in the later chapters. The Church was still experiencing growth.
And the greatest reason why a thing should be done is not because the Apostles taught it but because the Master said so.
Tithing is not yet extinct. If the Master was aware of it and did not personally scrap it but approved it, i see no reason why some one should try to convince me other wise.
Shalom!

9 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
@idnoble

Pls ponder on this small write up and give yourself answers in your mind

Some things not written expressly in scripture but which can be stated without fear of contradiction based on old testament history and laws

1. Jesus would NEVER have received tithes when he was on earth because he was not from the tribe of Levi.

2. The apostles would NEVER have received tithes because non was a Levite or serving at the Temple.

They all knew what the law says. Remember the law was in full operation then and the Levitical priesthood was in charge. I can confidently say here that if they had tried collecting tithes from any body, the Jews whould have STONED THEM TO DEATH because it would have been Sacrilege.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE ABOVE?

The question now comes, how could the early Christians have paid tithe? who would they have paid it to?

Catholic history records tithe as being resurrected at a council in Tours(567AD) and Macon(585AD). Does it mean that all the Christians who lived in that span of over 500 years all sinned and are going to hell?

idnoble, what do you think?

7 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
@idnoble,
Thanks for your post.
Paul was referring to tithes and offering when He spoke in I Corinthians 9 especially verse 13 and 14 and stated that the same principle was commanded by our Lord for the ministry today.
Alseo see His words here on the wholeseome words of Jesus:

I Timothy 6:3-4
3 Some people may contradict our teaching, but these are the wholesome teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. These teachings promote a godly life.
4 Anyone who teaches something different is arrogant and lacks understanding. Such a person has an unhealthy desire to quibble over the meaning of words. This stirs up arguments ending in jealousy, division, slander, and evil suspicions.

There is nothing more to argue on that. Jesus never forces anyone to believe His word....as time goes on and people release themselves more to Him they will understand the truth.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Candour, i know where you're coming from, i've read your comments on threads.
I dont intend to do much talking. I also have reasons why i believe it is relevant. I've decided to be silent on the issue for the main time. But may i also add to you that Jesus tithed. Did you ever studied that?
Though do not i base my points on tithe from the law point of view. Permit to also ask two questions. There's no harm in learning.
1. A priest is greater than a levite. A priest comes from Levi. But a priest is higher than a levite. I dont think you need bible verses to show the difference in their roles there. Why would God ask the israelites to tithe to the Levites if God already called the israelites priests? Exodus 19:6
2. Did Jesus condemn tithe?[color=]@Candour, i know where you're coming from, i've read your comments on threads.
I dont intend to do much talking. I also have reasons why i believe it is relevant. I've decided to be silent on the issue for the main time. But may i also add to you that Jesus tithed. Did you ever studied that?
Though i base my points on tithe from the law point of view. Permit to also ask two questions. There's no harm in learning.
1. A priest is greater than a levite. A priest comes from Levi. But a priest is higher than a levite. I dont think you need bible verses to show the difference in their roles there. Why would God ask the israelites to tithe to the Levites if God already called the israelites priests? Exodus 19:6
2. Did Jesus condemn tithe?[/color]@Candour, i know where you're coming from, i've read your comments on threads.
Though i base my points on tithe from the law point of view. Permit to also ask two questions. There's no harm in learning.
2. Did Jesus condemn tithe?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Candour: @idnoble

Pls ponder on this small write up and give yourself answers in your mind

Some things not written expressly in scripture but which can be stated without fear of contradiction based on old testament history and laws

1. Jesus would NEVER have received tithes when he was on earth because he was not from the tribe of Levi.

2. The apostles would NEVER have received tithes because non was a Levite or serving at the Temple.

They all knew what the law says. Remember the law was in full operation then and the Levitical priesthood was in charge. I can confidently say here that if they had tried collecting tithes from any body, the Jews whould have STONED THEM TO DEATH because it would have been Sacrilege.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE ABOVE?

The question now comes, how could the early Christians have paid tithe? who would they have paid it to?

Catholic history records tithe as being resurrected at a council in Tours(567AD) and Macon(585AD). Does it mean that all the Christians who lived in that span of over 500 years all sinned and are going to hell?

idnoble, what do you think?
I never said so. That is on the extreme ground. What will take men to hell is if they do not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Not tithing will not take anyone to hell. There are things that God has in store for us as HIS Church that require us to tithe, not to earn it, but for us to access it.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
Question anti tithers can't seem to answer

"If tithes have been done away with, what about offering?"

...Someone here said Abraham ra.ped (molested) Hagar (his maid) and had ishmael...*looking stunned

I see some folks don't know anything of the bible after all

*watching from the side lines

Abraham ur father offered animal sacrifices by faith, molested his maid and got Ishmael by faith, denied Sarah by faith,
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Alwaystrue, thats true. There are several strong notion that exist that questions tithe. I believe one basic reason, obviouly traceable a secret love for mammon, the pain of parting with it.
And like it's been rightly said, its so easy to make anything you want out of the bible. Is it not the same bible that atheist will jump into pick a thing and use it against believers?
The same bible that satanists also use to mock christians. We can go on and on, thieves, cheats and even christians who oppose speaking in tongues and a host of other topics all use the bible.
But it is well. The Word of God is complete.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Gombs: Question anti tithers can't seem to answer

...Someone here said Abraham ra.ped (molested) Hagar (his maid) and had ishmael...*looking stunned

Link please, it will make an interesting read. wink
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
idnoble135: @Candour, i know where you're coming from, i've read your comments on threads.

Honestly, i never knew Jesus tithes at all in his earthy ministry. kindly point out the relevant scripture to me if you wil

Lets start from verse 5
Ex 19:5-6
'Now therefore, If ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:6.nd ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Isreal'

My bro, from the bolded part of verse 5, its VERY OBVIOUS it was CONDITIONAL dependent on their obedience. Did they attain that obedience? It was their prospect but did they get it?

2. Did Jesus condemn tithe?[color=]@Candour, i know where you're coming from, i've read your comments on threads.

He didnt condemn tithe the same way he didnt condemn Sabbath(He only showed it was alright to do good on Sabbath) or offering ritually offering pigeons and turtle dove when you're cleansed from leprosy. Do you still observe Sabbath today? if not why? will like to see scripture where Jesus tithed bro.

My bro, i also dont like long arguments but we must be wary of what we take as Christian doctrine no matter how long in practice

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
idnoble135:
I never said so. That is on the extreme ground. What will take men to hell is if they do not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Not tithing will not take anyone to hell. There are things that God has in store for us as HIS Church that require us to tithe, not to earn it, but for us to access it.

I believe you dont think non tithers will go to hell for not tithing but did you see the hell videos spread like skin disease on Nairaland lately? how do you think a weak Christian will view them? Thats why we must let folks know they DO NOT OFFEND GOD IF THEY DO NOT TITHE

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Candour,
Lol...
1. To know i got to know, study mathew and Acts. Those two books will show it to you.
2. Okay, in as much as they obeyed right? Ok. Now if they obeyed they were priests. If they obeyed and were priests, why tithe to the Levite still? I believe my questions are not yet answered.
3. If Jesus did not condemn it but endorse it, are we not suppose to follow suit?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
Candour:

I believe you dont think non tithers will go to hell for not tithing but did you see the hell videos spread like skin disease on Nairaland lately? how do you think a weak Christian will view them? Thats why we must let folks know they DO NOT OFFEND GOD IF THEY DO NOT TITHE
lol... I condemn the videos 'whatever' too.
The offend God part, i choose to be silent on it. I'm not yet through with my study on the subject.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2013

Which offerings are we talking about here? burnt offerings, peace offerings, sin offerings, heave offerings. which one exactly?

my bro, what we give today and call offerings are nothing like the offerings of Abraham o.

what we do today is best called collections the name Paul described them by in 1Cor 16:1

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
idnoble135: Lol...
1. To know i got to know, study mathew and Acts. Those two books will show it to you.
2. Okay, in as much as they obeyed right? Ok. Now if they obeyed they were priests. If they obeyed and were priests, why tithe to the Levite still? I believe my questions are not yet answered.
3. If Jesus did not condemn it but endorse it, are we not suppose to follow suit?

Bro, i have studied and i can't find a single verse where Jesus tithed. pls let me know if you have any.

The underline is that God said they'll be priests to him if they obey but did they?.but meanwhile, the same God choose the Levites and Aaron to be priest so please let us not arrogate a status God didnt confer on the other Isrealites on them. God choose the Levites, let us leave it that way.

We've studied Matt 23 on nairaland a lot. Pls kindly start from Matt 23:1 and tell me if Matt 23:23 was talking to you

Whatever makes you not to keep Sabbath(afterall GOD almighty himself observed it), should also confine tithe to the back waters of the annuled old covenant.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2013

Offerings is NOT and will NEVER be money also in scriptures. The church today is polluted, I can assure you that. The money we give in church gathering is NOT and NEVER called Offerings. If you have found ONE scriptures that called money we give in worship gathering offerings, please show it to me\us.

2. The offerings collected in worship gatherings, what is the biblical purpose? Let's go on from here.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
1Cor 9:13-14
'Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?14.Even so hath the lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel'

Paul here is trying to make a case for ministers of the gospel to be nourished by the gospel NOT to re-enact the old testament practice. He's only making a comparison. He said those who preach should live of the gospel. The same way the 72 JESUS sent out were fed by those they ministered to. I believe no one here thought they were receiving burnt offerings, peace offerings etc on their journey?

Live of the gospel means what it says. No tithe or any offerings of the old testament there
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
Candour:

Which offerings are we talking about here? burnt offerings, peace offerings, sin offerings, heave offerings. which one exactly?

my bro, what we give today and call offerings are nothing like the offerings of Abraham o.

what we do today is best called collections the name Paul described them by in 1Cor 16:1

Thank you beloved. The church today is under invasion and by God's grace, I, we should be part of the clean-up process.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
of·fer·ing noun \ˈȯ-f(ə-)riŋ, ˈä-\
: something that is given to God or a god as a part
of religious worship

: an act of giving a religious offering
: something that is available for sale or use

Full Definition of OFFERING
a : the act of one who offers
b : something offered; especially : a sacrifice
ceremonially offered as a part of worship
c : a contribution to the support of a church
: something offered for sale or patronage <latest
offerings of the leading novelists>
: a course of instruction or study

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/offering
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Candour, what do you mean "was Jesus talking to me"?
#Thisgottabeinteresting
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
idnoble135: Lemme make a little contribution to the thread.
First, i would that, it be clear that i'm not a pastor or whatsoever anyone might think. The thinking of some as regards to the subject that anyone who agrees to such is brain washed or a pastor is shameful.
That point made, i'd add to what has been said that the subject is yet in existence and is valid.
My point comes from the word of the Master himself. The words of the Master is greater than the words of every one in the scriptures. His words can never fail.
And i yet discover that the Lord did not intend that tithe should go extinct.
We know the Lord is supreme and He is greater than Moses. The authority He commands is one that Moses did not have.
And we read of how the Master showed that when He brought the law of Moses to a wrap and introduced Kingdom principles (which the law was trying to do).
The master showed it here,

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in
danger of the judgment.’
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the
judgment. And whoever says
to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be
in danger of the council. But
whoever says, ‘You fool!’
shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:21-22

Here, the Lord showed Supremacy when He said, BUT I SAY UNTO YOU....
Again, the Master said on another occassion,

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou
shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a
woman to lust after her hath
committed adultery with her
already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-29

Again, we see the Lord's supremacy when He used the phrase "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU". The "BUT" showed He was bringing a change here.
But now, the Lord comes to the issue of tithe and behold what he said,
But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue
and every herb, and neglect
justice and the love of God.
These you ought to have
done, without neglecting the
others.
Luke 11:42ESV

Is it not revealing? The Lord did not use the phrase, "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU". Instead, He said, These you ought to have
done
. Thats one big reason to show the Lord never abolished it.
By this, we understand that the Lord never put an end to it, He commended it.
People ask why there was no record of tithe in the book of Acts of Apostles. And i tell them, the book of Acts shows the Church in its evolving stage. The Church as contained in Acts was not perfect, it was evolving. A good bible student will spot that maturity increased in the Church. The Church we read of in the early chapters is not the same in maturity as that we read of in the later chapters. The Church was still experiencing growth.
And the greatest reason why a thing should be done is not because the Apostles taught it but because the Master said so.
Tithing is not yet extinct. If the Master was aware of it and did not personally scrap it but approved it, i see no reason why some one should try to convince me other wise.
Shalom!
when u complained about too much anti-tithe threads i suspected ur sincerity, mainly bc most of d recent threads were protithe, even Ola's thread of more than 70 pages and still runing was promoting tithe fraud, but just one thread against dis scam u were screaming, well as it is, ur real intention has been exposed. U actually were alarmed at d rate of exposure tithe fraud was beeing subject to. Now let me tell u smthing u may not know, the death of Jesus is the bigest event in christianity. The levitical priesthood n everything pertaining to it was alive and well until dat good Friday event. Jesus actually lived, taught and concluded his ministry under the OT under the levitical priesthood. NT testament only took effect after d resurection of Jesus, So bro, Jesus in Matt23:23 was talking to judaizers on issues bordering on judaism. We are christians, nt judaizers, remember, Paul, Peter John, n all d other apostles were all judaizers INCLUDING JESUS HIMSELF, he obeyed d law, attend their festivals, observed their ways and lived and die a jew, so he did not abolish d law while alive but his death effectively did.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
idnoble135: @Candour, what do you mean "was Jesus talking to me"?
#Thisgottabeinteresting

To know if Jesus was talking to you in Matt 23;23, pls start from verse 1 of that chapter.

When you finish reading with particular attention to verses 1-3, then tell if Jesus was talking to you in that verse
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
christemmbassey: We are christians, nt judaizers, remember, Paul, Peter John, n all d other apostles were all judaizers INCLUDING JESUS HIMSELF, he obeyed d law, attend their festivals, observed their ways and lived and die a jew, so he did not abolish d law while alive but his death effectively did.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
All because of Tithes and Offerings.....LORD please have mercy!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
Gombs: of·fer·ing noun \ˈȯ-f(ə-)riŋ, ˈä-\

: something that is given to God or a god as a part
of religious worship

: an act of giving a religious offering
: something that is available for sale or use

Full Definition of OFFERING
a : the act of one who offers
b : something offered; especially : a sacrifice
ceremonially offered as a part of worship
c : a contribution to the support of a church
: something offered for sale or patronage <latest
offerings of the leading novelists>
: a course of instruction or study

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/offering

Still same story bro. you can see the various types of offerings even from your dictionary. I repeat the offerings of Abraham are not in the same league like what you and i put into the offering bags on sunday. ThE widow Jesus talked about gave money for temple upkeep, she didnt delude herself thinking what she threw in was in the same class like what Abraham and the Isrealis offered on the altars.

Your 'offerings' on sundays are the same like what the widow and others threw into the temple treasury and are very different from offerings brought to the altars

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Kissing While Single: Judas Version / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Takes His Wife Out, Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Her / Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.