Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (39888 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Demain_man:

Why do you guys 'Men is suits' curse non-tithers in the church every sunday sir? Do you ever curse non-prayers like that? You see the desperation in your argument

Nobody curse any person . A christian can't be cursed by anyone . Not even by God. So carry you lie to nursery school children .
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OilSubsidy: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
;
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Demainman1: 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

Nobody curse any person . A christian can't be cursed by anyone . Not even by God. So carry you lie to nursery school children .

Did you read the raspody thing that Enigma posted here some days back that has even you Oga @ the top oyaks threatening church members with MALACHI?

Well, if this forum will help you to change your bad ways, Glory to God. Just know say God's judgement will start from the Church. From the 'Men in suits' in fact.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

Same goes for tithing , worship, offering , alms giving , fasting and every other spiritual principle .

No rather the non tithing christian is the robber grin .
Since God reveals in His Word that the tithe that went to the storehouse was to be FOOD, those who tithe money instead of what God said to tithe are in rebellion against God's directive.

Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.

Tithe teachers are the robbers. They rob widow's houses for a pretense. In robbing widows, they rob God.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

Same goes for tithing , worship, offering , alms giving , fasting and every other spiritual principle .

No rather the non tithing christian is the robber grin .
wonderment! So GREED bad like this? D man who is attacked with gun is d armed robber? God have mercy, bros, this fraud don turn u to smthing else o. U really need help, ur case is worse than i tot.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by PastorKun(m): 4:55am On Nov 02, 2013
Demain_man:

Did you read the raspody thing that Enigma posted here some days back that has even you Oga @ the top oyaks threatening church members with MALACHI?

Well, if this forum will help you to change your bad ways, Glory to God. Just know say God's judgement will start from the Church. From the 'Men in suits' in fact.

After so many years on this forum I really doubt if this forum would make joagbaje change, his love and worship of mammon is deeply entrenched in his dna. At this point I believe it is only a direct intervention from God that can redeem him. I just hope for his sake that he repents before it is too late.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 6:24am On Nov 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Since God reveals in His Word that the tithe that went to the storehouse was to be FOOD,

Really , what of unclean animals? Were they eaten as food ?

Was ABRAHAM tithes only on food?
Tithes is given of all

Tithe teachers are the robbers. They rob widow's houses for a pretense. In robbing widows, they rob God.

Tithe teachers can't be robbers because they give their tithes. It's tithe eaters who are thieves and robbers

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 9:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

Really , what of unclean animals? Were they eaten as food ?

Was ABRAHAM tithes only on food?
Tithes is given of all

Tithe teachers can't be robbers because they give their tithes. It's tithe eaters who are thieves and robbers
i'm sure u don't av deu 14:22"26 in ur bible, na so so mal 3, after u say u no dey collect tithe according to d law of Moses. Tithe collectors are armed robbers bc they use God's word as a weapon of intimidation and force ppl to part with their monies, repent o, Joa, Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by PastorKun(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
christemmbassey: i'm sure u don't av deu 14:22"26 in ur bible, na so so mal 3, after u say u no dey collect tithe according to d law of Moses. Tithe collectors are armed robbers bc they use God's word as a weapon of intimidation and force ppl to part with their monies , repent o, Joa, Jesus loves you.

@bolded

Very succinctly stated. smiley

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by vooks: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
And nobody can explain WHY tithing 'developed' some 400 years after pentecost. Looks like God was not yet done with Revelation, or He was awaiting Lear jets to be invented
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
And do you tithe the way God commanded some Jews to tithe?, All have you re arrange your tithing skills for cash?
Show us viewers where does it say in scripture bring all your cash into the storehouse where my pastor maybe fed?
And if you can't produce such scripture, then I suppose this matter is closed.
Lemme make a little contribution to the thread.
First, i would that, it be clear that i'm not a pastor or whatsoever anyone might think. The thinking of some as regards to the subject that anyone who agrees to such is brain washed or a pastor is shameful.
That point made, i'd add to what has been said that the subject is yet in existence and is valid.
My point comes from the word of the Master himself. The words of the Master is greater than the words of every one in the scriptures. His words can never fail.
And i yet discover that the Lord did not intend that tithe should go extinct.
We know the Lord is supreme and He is greater than Moses. The authority He commands is one that Moses did not have.
And we read of how the Master showed that when He brought the law of Moses to a wrap and introduced Kingdom principles (which the law was trying to do).
The master showed it here,

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in
danger of the judgment.’
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the
judgment. And whoever says
to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be
in danger of the council. But
whoever says, ‘You fool!’
shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:21-22

Here, the Lord showed Supremacy when He said, BUT I SAY UNTO YOU....
Again, the Master said on another occassion,

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou
shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a
woman to lust after her hath
committed adultery with her
already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-29

Again, we see the Lord's supremacy when He used the phrase "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU". The "BUT" showed He was bringing a change here.
But now, the Lord comes to the issue of tithe and behold what he said,
But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue
and every herb, and neglect
justice and the love of God.
These you ought to have
done, without neglecting the
others.
Luke 11:42ESV

Is it not revealing? The Lord did not use the phrase, "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU". Instead, He said, These you ought to have
done
. Thats one big reason to show the Lord never abolished it.
By this, we understand that the Lord never put an end to it, He commended it.
People ask why there was no record of tithe in the book of Acts of Apostles. And i tell them, the book of Acts shows the Church in its evolving stage. The Church as contained in Acts was not perfect, it was evolving. A good bible student will spot that maturity increased in the Church. The Church we read of in the early chapters is not the same in maturity as that we read of in the later chapters. The Church was still experiencing growth.
And the greatest reason why a thing should be done is not because the Apostles taught it but because the Master said so.
Tithing is not yet extinct. If the Master was aware of it and did not personally scrap it but approved it, i see no reason why some one should try to convince me other wise.
Shalom!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
brocab:
And do you tithe the way God commanded some Jews to tithe?, All have you re arrange your tithing skills for cash?
Show us viewers where does it say in scripture bring all your cash into the storehouse where my pastor maybe fed?
And if you can't produce such scripture, then I suppose this matter is closed.

It's obvious you didn't read the thread . Tithe was given in cash and kind.

Luke 18:12 WEB
I fast twice a week. i give tithes of all that I get. '

Luke 18:12 amplified
I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

Luke 18:12. Living bible
I go without food twice a week, and I give to God a tenth of everything I earn. '
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
{Luke 18:12}I go without food twice a week and I give a tenth of everything I earn. God give the commandment to tithe only in food. I give up my food to give ten percent of it to the poor.
Of course it is Obvious I did read your page clearly, even you sound like a prosperity preacher.
Tithing was never given in cash. Neither did the Pharisees tithe in cash. {Matthew 23:23}
Which means you don't tithe the way God had commanded some Jews to tithe.
Joagbaje:

I go without food twice a week, and I give to God a tenth of everything I earn. '
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
Tithing was under the law, and God gave a commandment for some farmers, Malachi says it all-bring all your tithes into the storehouse, so God could bless their lands with rain, not all people paid tithes. Not even Jesus paid tithes.
Abraham paid a custom {tithe} on goods that didn't belong to him.
The way God had commanded the people to tithe back then, isn't the same way how you tithe today.
Think about this-have you or had anyone else you know, had ever gone out into the streets, to witness and fed the poor, If your answer is yes? Then I ask you did you give them cash or food?
Joagbaje:

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
brocab:
Tithing was under the law, and God gave a commandment for some farmers,

Wrong , not some farmers but a whole nation. The people of God.

not all people paid tithes.

Of course not everybody earns income but Income earners paid tithes

Not even Jesus paid tithes

He did , what proof do you have that he didn't

Abraham paid a custom {tithe} on goods that didn't belong to him.

That's only an assumption. It's his property by right but he chose to return them.

The way God had commanded the people to tithe back then, isn't the same way how you tithe today.
Think about this-have you or had anyone else you know, had ever gone out into the streets, to witness and fed the poor, If your answer is yes? Then I ask you did you give them cash or food?

It's a matter of choice . People gave tithe in livestock , agric produce and cash in bible days
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 6:20am On Apr 16, 2016
Its nice you had written using your own words, but I am more interested in the scriptures, you need to prove Jesus paid a tithe and when?
Also it would be interesting if you can point out in scriptures everyone paid tithes, and could you explain why did God command only the Levites were to collect the tithes from certain farmers back than?
And explain to me, are the pastors now classed as Levites, Is this why you tithe?
Joagbaje:

That's only an assumption. It's his property by right but he chose to return them.

It's a matter of choice . People gave tithe in livestock , agric produce and cash in bible days

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 1:12am On Apr 17, 2016
brocab:
Its nice you had written using your own words, but I am more interested in the scriptures, you need to prove Jesus paid a tithe and when?

He was a Jew and he fulfilled the customs and the righteousness of the law. Even the cleansing of baptism when he had no sin to be cleansed of.

Psalms 22:25
My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation:
I will pay my vows before them that fear him

Luke 11:42 (TLB)
"But woe to you Pharisees! For though you are careful to tithe even the smallest part of your income, you completely forget about justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes but you should not leave these other things undone

Also it would be interesting if you can point out in scriptures everyone paid tithes,

Kindly point out where the bible says otherwise

and could you explain why did God command only the Levites were to collect the tithes

They were ministers in the house of God

are the pastors now classed as Levites, Is this why you tithe?

They are ministers in Gods house as well
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 1:21am On Apr 17, 2016
brocab:
{Luke 18:12}I go without food twice a week and I give a tenth of everything I earn. God give the commandment to tithe only in food. I give up my food to give ten percent of it to the poor.
Of course it is Obvious I did read your page clearly, even you sound like a prosperity preacher.
Tithing was never given in cash. Neither did the Pharisees tithe in cash. {Matthew 23:23}
Which means you don't tithe the way God had commanded some Jews to tithe.

Luke 18:12 (NLT)
I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income

The scripture above is simple enough . The man is a Pharisee not a farmer .

Secondly even farmers had provision to redeem their tithes by paying money value

For example . God does not accept unclean animals as offerings or tithes . He doesn't not accept wounded or blind animals . And such were redeemed with cash in the house of God
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Jozzy4: 5:58am On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

He was a Jew and he fulfilled the customs and the righteousness of the law. Even the cleansing of baptism when he had no sin to be cleansed of.

"But woe to you Pharisees! For though you are careful to tithe even the smallest part of your income, you completely forget about justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes but you should not leave these other things undone

the moment I read your quote above, i pity your flock .. how can you call call urself a pastor and u are fooled that income appear @ Luke 11:42 ??

secondly, how does that verse prove Jesus paid tithes a tradition not found among his apostles ?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2016
Jozzy4:

the moment I read your quote above, i pity your flock .. how can you call call urself a pastor and u are fooled that income appear @ Luke 11:42 ??

secondly, how does that verse prove Jesus paid tithes a tradition not found among his apostles ?

When someone tries to get personal and insultive as you're doing . it's a sign of weakness that you're losing on doctrinal ground . If not you will rather focus on the bible and not trying to post insults. Think on the scripture below

2 Timothy 2:24 (KJV Strong's)
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Jozzy4: 11:59am On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

When someone tries to get personal and insultive as you're doing . it's a sign of weakness that you're losing on doctrinal ground . If not you will rather focus on the bible and not trying to post insults. Think on the scripture below

2 Timothy 2:24 (KJV Strong's)
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient

u never answered the question

- if u call yourself a pastor , how come you are deceived with the word "income" at Luke 11:42, does it appear in the greek ? or another attempt to fraud your ignorant members with spurious translations ? am dissapointed in you

- how does Luke 11:42 prove Jesus paid tithe ? do we found tithing among his apostles ?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jozzy4:

What's the question

if u call yourself a pastor

I didn't call myself one . I'm a poster like you . Joagbaje and that's how I should be addressed .

how come you are deceived with the word "income" at Luke 11:42, does it appear in the greek ? or another attempt to fraud your ignorant members with spurious translations ? am dissapointed in you

Earn , income , gain. They are all saying thesame thing . Except you chose not to understand that verse .

- how does Luke 11:42 prove Jesus paid tithe ? do we found tithing among his apostles ?

Prove he didn't
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

All except for tithing, He didnt give tithe because He wasnt legally bound to give tithe
or as a carpenter or cabinetmaker He wasnt required to give tithe

Joagbaje:
"What sorrow awaits you Pharisees!
For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God.
You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.
- Luke 11:42

And you conveniently completely chose to use the translations without ''income from your herb gardens''

Joagbaje:
The bible categorically points to husbandry and nothing else. It is only if you cultivate the land or breed animals that you give tithes on only these two things. Jesus was a carpenter or cabinetmaker so didnt qualify to give tithes on woodwork or wooden furniture

Joagbaje:
Acts 7:48 - "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

1 Corinthians 3:16 - Do you not know that you are God's Sanctuary, and that the Spirit of God has His home within you?

1 Corinthians 3:9 - For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.

The Levites were mandated to collect tithes given because they had no inheritance, and so that food be in the house for the Levites who were responsible for the upkeep of this physical and made made built temple

The temple that the Levites used to receive tithes given by the Israelites was destroyed in 70 AD. The destruction also signified the final nail in the coffin of tithe giving's expiration

God doesnt live in houses built by men anymore but now lives within you

Joagbaje:
Pastors have no biblical mandate or authorisation to receive tithe for the following few reasons
1) The physical temple has been destroyed, and its destruction at 70 AD put an end to tithe giving
2) Pastors are not Levites
3) Pastor has inheritances

Jozzy4:
Dont you know that, question dodging is a skill and him not never answering the question is a calculated and intentional avoidance to prevent facing a truth

Jozzy4:
- if u call yourself a pastor, how come you are deceived with the word "income" at Luke 11:42, does it appear in the greek ? or another attempt to fraud your ignorant members with spurious translations ? am dissapointed in you
Blame it on serious doctrinal errors and people having a grubby way of getting their hands dirty with filthy lucre

Jozzy4:
- how does Luke 11:42 prove Jesus paid tithe?
It doesnt but tithe sympathisers or anyone greedy for filthy lucre, hijack this verse and twist or divert it for use to legitimise receiving money, as opposed to agric produce, as tithe giving

Joagbaje:
Prove he didn't
Take a pick from prior inexhaustible reasons given above

Jozzy4:
do we found tithing among his apostles ?
No we do not find tithing among his Apostles because the apostles mostly were fishermen
and the Bible didnt ask to tithe on fish increase

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

And you conveniently completely chose to use the translations with ''income from your herb gardens''

So what translation do you endorse then?

The bible categorically points to husbandry and nothing else.

Tithe is based on income. God used agricultural term because they were a nation of agric by default . Was ABRAHAM tithe based on agriculture? Tithe is tenth of income,gain,profit as a principle .

Acts 7:48 - "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

It's not a New Testament revelation. He never dwelt in buildings . He told David same thing .

1 Corinthians 3:16 - Do you not know that you are God's Sanctuary, and that the Spirit of God has His home within you?

1 Corinthians 3:9 - For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.

Not needed.

The Levites were mandated to collect tithes given because they had no inheritance, and so that food be in the house for the Levites who were responsible for the upkeep of this physical and made made built temple.

What they receive was not only for levite consumption. They were like managers . What they received was for the running of the work in he temple and their welfare is gotten there also.

God doesnt live in houses built by men anymore but now lives within you

He never lived in a building . He told David same thing .

Pastors have no biblical mandate or authorisation to receive tithe for the following few reasons
1) The physical temple has been destroyed, and its destruction at 70 AD put an end to tithe giving

ABRAHAM didn't require a physical temple to tithe . Only a high priest was required .we are followers of Abraham faith .

2) Pastors are not Levites

ABRAHAM had no levite

3) Pastors has inheritances

Church money doesn't belong to pastor . Christ is our high priest . A pastor is not a collector of tithes. He is rather a tither himself. Pastoring is only a responsibility. Most pastors have their jobs . As bankers , lawyers business men etc. but few pastors who by the reason of their responsibility have to give full attention to the ministry work are the only one who get support or allowances in the ministry . Bank money does not belong to bank manager . He is only a steward . That's same thing with ministry .
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 7:25am On Apr 18, 2016
Joagbaje:
So what translation do you endorse then?
translations that have ''income from your herb gardens'' or ''you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs''

Joagbaje:
Tithe is based on income
Tithing the one commanded and made obligatory to the Isralotes was based on husbandry and nothing else

It is only if you cultivate the land or breed animals that you give tithes on increase from cultivating the land or breeding animals.

Artisans, like Jesus was a carpenter or cabinetmaker, didnt qualify to give tithes on their skilled craft works which might be woodwork, wooden furniture, decorative arts, clothing, jewellery etcetera

Joagbaje:
God used agricultural term because they were a nation of agric by default
It had nothing to do with God used agricultural term because they were a nation of agric by default

Though money was in existence, when this kind of tithing, which the Israelites were commanded to obey, the reasons among others, why God asked for tithe were:
1) For food to be in the temple, as in for the sustenance of the Levites who had no land inheritance in Promised Land
2) For the regular supply of animals like lambs needed for sacrificing at the temple to provide a temporary covering of sins until the perfect and complete sacrifice of the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ

Joagbaje:
Was ABRAHAM tithe based on agriculture?
No, Abraham's tithe was not based on agriculture

ABRAHAM did not give a tithe in the Deuteronomy 14:22-29 sense

As a matter of fact, to start with, Abraham's tithe was not commanded, to Abraham by God, to give, it was a voluntary tithe.
Secondly, Abraham did not tithe from his personal wealth, he did not tithe from his personal possession, he did not tithe from income money he had
Lastly and importantly, Abraham tithed on the spoils of war
Abraham gave tithe on things taken from some kings by force

Abraham's tithe and the Israelites tithing are two different things

Joagbaje:
Tithe is tenth of income, gain, profit as a principle
22“You shall surely tithe all the produce from what you sow, which comes out of the field every year.
23“And you shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God, at the place where He chooses to establish His name, the tithe of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first-born of your herd and your flock, in order that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.
24“And if the distance is so great for you that you are not able to bring the tithe, since the place where the LORD your God chooses to set His name is too far away from you when the LORD your God blesses you,
25then you shall exchange it for money, and bind the money in your hand and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
26“And you may spend the money for whatever your heart desires, for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.
27“Also you shall not neglect the Levite who is in your town, for he has no portion or inheritance among you
- Deuteronomy 14:22-27

The principle and instruction for giving tithes is that of Deuteronomy 14:22-27
Israelites who happen to be artisans, fishermen etctera are not required to give tithe

Joagbaje:
It's not a New Testament revelation. He never dwelt in buildings. He told David same thing
Since you posted ''They were ministers in the house of God'' it was brought to your attention to signify that we minister to the Soul, via the heart, as that is where God wants dwells in and not any of those typical cathedrals or large and imposing church buildings

Joagbaje:
Not needed
Facing the truth shouldnt be scary, as facing the truth will really set one free

Joagbaje:
What they receive was not only for levite consumption. They were like managers. What they received was for the running of the work in he temple and their welfare is gotten there also
Exactly what I wrote.
Yes, they were specially selected by God to be 100% & full time service responsible for the upkeep of this physical and man made purposely built temple

Demanding with a threat of a curse if not obliging and substituing a defunct tithing which purposely was used for the Levites and the now destroyed temple towards the upkeep of cathedrals, the typical large and imposing church buildings or amphitheatres and the clergy is an aberration

Joagbaje:
He never lived in a building. He told David same thing
Straw man fallacy

Joagbaje:
ABRAHAM didn't require a physical temple to tithe. Only a high priest was required. we are followers of Abraham faith
As earlier said, Abraham's tithe and the Israelites tithing are two different things. The context are different, the circumstances that formed the setting for the Abraham's tithe, the Jacob's promise-to-tithe and the Israelites tithing all have three different settings

No doubt, the Abraham's tithe and the Israelites tithing's common denominator is a high priest receiving tithe
but subtle message is that:
Levites, as priests of God, have no inheritance,
Levites gave tithe to Melchizedek via being in Abraham's seed
The Israelites, who are more priviledged than the Levites were commanded to give to the lesser (i.e. the foreigner, Levites, the fatherless and the widows etc) as can be seen in the definition of the tithe in Dt 14:22-29
God wants believers give to the High Priest cheerfully, decide in the heart how much to give.
Not to give reluctantly, not to give in response to pressure or threat of a curse but to give to the lesser (e.g. the stranger, the fatherless, the widows, anyone in need etc) because of Matthew 25:40, Matthew 10:42 and Matthew 25:45

Joagbaje:
ABRAHAM had no levite
ABRAHAM had Levite(s).
The seed from which the Levites came, was in Abraham’s body...

Joagbaje:
Church money doesn't belong to pastor. Christ is our high priest. A pastor is not a collector of tithes.
What?! A pastor is not a collector of tithes? What a mistaken belief

Joagbaje:
He is rather a tither himself. Pastoring is only a responsibility. Most pastors have their jobs. As bankers, lawyers business men etc. but few pastors who by the reason of their responsibility have to give full attention to the ministry work are the only one who get support or allowances in the ministry.
Exactly the point, no one is against supporting, if needed be supported or assisted with allowance but not be dependent on or ogling at tithes
Pastors, tithe sympathisers or anyone else for that matter, greedy for filthy lucre, shouldnt be hijacking verses and twist or divert them for use to legitimise receiving MONEY, as tithe giving, instead, of according Deuteronomy 14:22-29, agric produce .

Joagbaje:
Bank money does not belong to bank manager
It is God who gives power to all to get wealth
Believers money belongs believers, God wants a believer to give cheerfully, decide in the heart how much to give.
And not to give reluctantly, not to give in response to pressure or threat of a curse.

Bank managers dont coerce bank customers

Joagbaje:
He is only a steward. That's same thing with ministry.
1 Peter 4:10 - Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms

Stewardship is not exclusive to them alone
All believers are faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms or manner
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
translations that have [size=18] ''income [/size] from your herb gardens'' or ''you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs''

Note the enlarged.

Tithing the one commanded and made obligatory to the Isralotes was based on husbandry and nothing else

Comparing to the above bold with the previously enlarged, me thinks you're confused

It is only if you cultivate the land or breed animals that you give tithes on increase from cultivating the land or breeding animals.

Super confused.

Artisans, like Jesus was a carpenter or cabinetmaker, didnt qualify to give tithes on their skilled craft works which might be woodwork, wooden furniture, decorative arts, clothing, jewellery etcetera

Show proof! Bible proof. While thinking on that, what was Isaac and Jacob's professions?

Thanks.

No need seeing the rest through...
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by BBackOurGlory: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
Where were the Apostles serving? On the streets or in their houses?

Please, lets mind our reasoning and stop blind argument for or against tithes.

In the last day, the truth will emerge.

Thanks

Candour:
@idnoble

Pls ponder on this small write up and give yourself answers in your mind

Some things not written expressly in scripture but which can be stated without fear of contradiction based on old testament history and laws

1. Jesus would NEVER have received tithes when he was on earth because he was not from the tribe of Levi.

2. The apostles would NEVER have received tithes because non was a Levite or serving at the Temple.

They all knew what the law says. Remember the law was in full operation then and the Levitical priesthood was in charge. I can confidently say here that if they had tried collecting tithes from any body, the Jews whould have STONED THEM TO DEATH because it would have been Sacrilege.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE ABOVE?

The question now comes, how could the early Christians have paid tithe? who would they have paid it to?

Catholic history records tithe as being resurrected at a council in Tours(567AD) and Macon(585AD). Does it mean that all the Christians who lived in that span of over 500 years all sinned and are going to hell?

idnoble, what do you think?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
translations that have ''income from your herb gardens'' or ''you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs''

Income from herbs still refers to money. They gave money as tithe .

It's your opinion Where does scripture say so? Even if we have to adopt your assumption we are not Tithing based on mosaic law.

It had nothing to do with God used agricultural term because they were a nation of agric by default
Though money was in existence, when this kind of tithing, which the Israelites were commanded to obey, the reasons among others, why God asked for tithe were:

They gave tithes and offering based on things used for service in the terbernacke and temple . Other things that can't be used there are converted to money . For example . Unclean animals like dog ,horse etc cannot be brought to the house of God as tithe or offerings . Such is converted to money called redemption.

Abraham's tithe and the Israelites tithing are two different things

Beautiful , that tells you that you don't look at tithe issue from one narrow perspective. For example . The reson Abel gave first fruit was different from the reason Isreal gave first fruit . But one thing is clear . There is what is called first fruit . Same thing hi for offering ,tithes and any other sacred act of worship

What?! A pastor is not a collector of tithes? What a mistaken belief

A pastor is rather a number one tither and giver. Some of you just create funny idea of who a pastor is. Firstly a pastor is a christian . He has his own job or business at least 90% of pastors in redeem ,winners CEC . Have their jobs as bankers ,oil workers . Business men etc. one of the criterial to send a man out to pastor is that he has a good job. I said in the other thread that of of CEC pastors was the highest paid in chevron in the whole of Africa or west Africa . His millions are rather going into the work of ministry . The Pastor gives tithes and offerings like every other Christian . Church money is not the pastors money . Every ministry has their financial structure . On staff salary ,church maintainance ,rentals . And in few cases allowance for the pastor if he is on full time work. When a pastor has so many churches under him and lay pastoring many not give the work enough attention he may be required to resign from his job and go into full time ministry . It's inly on that ground he may recieve allowance or salary . All these internet picture some of you paint of who a pastor is make one laugh.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 2:46am On Apr 19, 2016
The proof I have is the bible. Jesus didn't pay tithes. And also he didn't pay customs {tithes} or taxes freely, as we can read in {Matthew 17:24-27} The tax collectors said to Peter does your master not pay taxes, Peter said yes, and when he had come into the House Jesus asked him and said, "Simon" from whom from the kings of the earth take customs or taxes from their sons or from strangers? Peter said to Him from strangers. Then Jesus said to him then the sons are free.
Nevertheless least we offend them" go to the sea cast a hook, and take the fish that comes up first, And when you have open its mouth you will find a piece of money take that and give it to them for Me and you.
This scripture sums it up pretty well, Jesus said whom do the kings of the world takes custom or taxes, from strangers, or from their sons? Peter said from strangers THEN JESUS SAID THEN THE SONS ARE FREE Is Jesus not the king of kings and we are sons and daughters, this tells us we are free indeed.
Joagbaje:

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
BBackOurGlory:
Where were the Apostles serving? On the streets or in their houses?

Please, lets mind our reasoning and stop blind argument for or against tithes.

In the last day, the truth will emerge.

Thanks

They were serving in the Lord's vineyard.

Do you have a problem with that bro?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
Candour:

They were serving in the Lord's vineyard.

Do you have a problem with that bro?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by bstringz(m): 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcck-CGbMzo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Watch this Amazing Group sing Living waters By JOYOUS celebration

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Kissing While Single: Judas Version / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Takes His Wife Out, Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Her / Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.