Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] (4597 Views)

Pleas Am In Love With My Sister’s Husband, What Can I Do To Make Him Divorce Her / 10 Different Types Of Husband [VIDEO] / She Lied About Her Age, Should I Divorce Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Firstly, I love battabox!

I saw this on tv the other day. It kind of left me speechless. How on earth can women say cheating is the norm? cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ-pZoV7H8s
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by lalaboi(m): 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
I love Battabox too. .

I was not too surprised at the comments though. A lot of illiterate thinking uneducated people are bountiful in Nigeria. They will continue to be used and not know their true worth unless they leave the mentality of "Its how it works over here, I must do the same" or "My mummy did not divorce, i wont be the first in my family", Or "Its against Gods wishes, the bible says".
Some actually stick to the marriage because of the kids but i really do think the parents can be divorced and the kids will still grow up in a nicer way. I know i wont forgive or forget anyone who lays a hand on my Mum.

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by LordReed(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
ogugua88: Firstly, I love battabox!

I saw this on tv the other day. It kind of left me speechless. How on earth can women say cheating is the norm? cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ-pZoV7H8s

It puzzles me too to hear women! say such things. I'm like so if your husband cheats then you shouldn't be angry.

Such rubbish should not be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
The African mindset states that African women cannot divorce their husband except death do them part.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hmmm
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by homesteady(m): 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Please This is my own point of view!
I don't believe in divorce! Except if death is at stake! Or if both of them can't handle the trouble again!
Cheating can not make me divorce my wife! If she cheats on me! Fine! Whenever I want to cheat on her, I'll cheat!
if I'm a woman, I'll never allow my husband to beat me! Instead we'll fight! I'll call my brothers to stay with me in the house, so that when the fight starts they can help me!
Go get this film Damage featuring Uche Jumbo and kalu Ikeguwe! You'll see a real example of husband and wife fighting!

Divorce is not just the answer! Think about your children! Particularly if they are small!

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by phaat(m): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
when ever she saw a better man.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
This video has been online for like several months now

Below is the original thread on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1299794/when-nigerian-woman-divorce-husband

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wat re we teachin dis generation dat divorce is gud?
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by bilo1(m): 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
can u imagine this kind of question
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by xynerise: 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
The bible permits divorce but only on INFIDELITY ground. But african women will manage. undecided

Husband scarce o
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Davo93(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Divorce is not part of our culture until recent time of bastardization....

To delete post or deactivate your account, check my signature.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Lilimax(f): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva: The African mindset states that African women cannot divorce their husband except death do them part.
Nah, that was those days.
A situation where one's life is threathened...give it a break shocked (seperation)
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by DukeNija(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
African women think cheating is the norm? The big question is, "Is it not"?
For the record, cheating is a sin angry
But your own border line or deal breaker might not necessarily be theirs(African women) so dont call them crazy because they know what they are doing.

There are some words in the dictionaries of African women you need to realize.
1. Endurance
2. Patience
3. Sustenance
4. Overlook
5. Hierarchy
6. Family Image(Reputation)
7. Tradition
8. Zamfara state Women

NB: Any Woman who goes into a marriage with cheating as a deal breaker is not ready for a Lifetime Partnership!

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by ucheokpara100(m): 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
africans (nigerians) reasons lik thy are blinded by d devil, alwys reasons opposite of betta life, i'm jst tired of tht. i dnt let it border me anymore

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by colombiana: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
Well one thing I sure knw is that God takes his covenant with humans seriously. So when u go to his house and he is present and u utter that life chaining oath ' TILL DEATH DO US PART'. Just be ready to kip it. It wasn't till adultery do us part of fight, ur in that marriage for God and he is the supreme being, and when he says yes no soul who follows him shud say no and he has neva deviated from his promise even tho we act lesser than animals. So who the phucck are u?

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
At least now you know these are the sort of women who will stand by their men and family and consider "everything else" before making certain decisions unlike the other "me-me-self" cultures.
This is why I love my naija sistas tongue

A wise man once said, happiness is not only reducing the things in your life that make you sad. Sometimes, it's reducing the rate at which those things make you sad. There are a lot of things one can decouple themselves from and still live a happy life.

These women have a true sense of self, contrary to the popular understanding of the word. This is true mature individualism.

Up naija babes! grin

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
This is old internet/nairaland gist.

Slow news day today.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by omodapson(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
homesteady: Please This is my own point of view!
I don't believe in divorce! Except if death is at stake! Or if both of them can't handle the trouble again!
Cheating can not make me divorce my wife! If she cheats on me! Fine! Whenever I want to cheat on her, I'll cheat!
if I'm a woman, I'll never allow my husband to beat me! Instead we'll fight! I'll call my brothers to stay with me in the house, so that when the fight starts they can help me!
Go get this film Damage featuring Uche Jumbo and kalu Ikeguwe! You'll see a real example of husband and wife fighting!

Divorce is not just the answer! Think about your children! Particularly if they are small!

Rubbish! Divorce is not the answer, right? Ok wait until he sends you to your early grave. And who said you cannot think about the children when you are separated? If it is not working, the best you can do is walk out. It is even more harmful to allow your children grow up in a house that is full of hate.

2 Likes

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by 50calibre(m): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
These women are real African women who understand the African values, and aren't brainwashed by the western ideas that create nothing but chaos in Africa.

Go and check, these women have happy homes, and live fulfilled lives

1 Like

Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Okijajuju1(m): 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
When either the gods or her Husbands gives her the permission..

THATS ALL!
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2013
There is nothing wrong with divorce, if it's not working, leave! Don't ever spend the next minute of your life around people that doesn't make you happy. If kids are involved, hire a lawyer and draft a plan, ask the kids where they'd like to stay, make them understand that they're always welcome anytime, no matter where they choose to stay.

Sadness kills faster than violence, I wouldn't want my children to grow up believing that it's a normal thing for couple to yell and probably beat each other.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by stephenponti(m): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
Husband is scarce & you re talking divorce, If a woman divorce a man in nija she ve entered long thing. I read in news on this forum yesterday that divorces and unmarried bokoharamiss in zamfara has formed orgnztn and are staging protest for lack of husband.
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by kpolli(m): 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Lies.... The rate of divorce cases in Naija has tripled
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by homesteady(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
omodapson:

Rubbish! Divorce is not the answer, right? Ok wait until he sends you to your early grave. And who said you cannot think about the children when you are separated? If it is not working, the best you can do is walk out. It is even more harmful to allow your children grow up in a house that is full of hate.

Yea! You have a point! #House of hatred!
Re: When Can an African Woman Divorce Her Husband? [VIDEO] by Nomski0(f): 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
Divorce is a no-no. Marriage is till death do you part.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is What A Typical Examination Hall In Saudi Arabia Looks Like / Me My Elder Bro And That Gift They Stole From Me (photos) / Photo: This Couple Sure Took PDA To A Whole New Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.