Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,689 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair (62042 Views)

The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Smartjeezy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ishilove:
I can see you manifesting your username: blockhead. Did anyone force you to comment?? Olodo
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ThaProphet(m): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Claim your heritage as we make a month of October, the first Nairaland celebrated African cultures fare.

Here is how we are going to do it;

First week we will be showcasing the traditional dresses, for both maidens and Warriors.

Second week will be for food....showcasing our traditional dishes and elaborating on how they are prepared.

Third week...we look at our ancestors dwellings.

And fourth week grin grin

Volunteers will tell us what makes their culture different, the cultural dances, how the girls are wooed, how is marriage performed and what is expected of a newly wed daughter in law by her inlaws etc, you can add your own, come let's have fun.

This is beautiful! I will hopefully make my contributions soon.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Danhumprey: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
This won't end well! undecided
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hmmmmm....*following*
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by dagr8(m): 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Am here to express my solidarity with you @OP smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by dagr8(m): 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
ATMC: mmmmhhhh...NO DULL MOMENT WIF YHU @OP #smilesssss
oH yEa...joS lYk YoU.....
[size=3pt] aV been following and enjoying " what A dAy".... wink[/size]
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bapedi women, from Limpopo, South Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by triploc: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
#team Igala...... The heart of kogi state, i dey come lemme go fetch ma materials

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by maxwelljohn525: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Niceone op.. Lemme take a few snapshot
18+ only visit www.writerstab.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2013

11 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by beyonDskygirl(f): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by triploc: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
hnmmmm........ Igala people photos no easy to find oo, i think it's time we started posting more igala pics into cyberspace, see how i dey sweat, these are the little i could get abeg make una free me! still repping #team igala sha

though i still dey wonder wether na only me be Igala for here #am so lonely

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by EzePromoe: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ikwerre loading........
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Afam4eva(m): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Eze Promoe: Ikwerre loading........
Let's see pics of Egele boys and those Ikwerre girls that dance waist dance grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
dagr8: Am here to express my solidarity with you @OP smiley
waiting for you to drop yours grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by yungdamaz(m): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
U guYs are bringinq ma INTERest-IN nd datz interestING.... cheesy
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Let's see pics of Egele boys and those Ikwerre girls that dance waist dance grin
where are yours Afam?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Afam4eva(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: where are yours Afam?
I'm right on it my Born again sister.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Ichliebedich(f): 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
triploc: hnmmmm........ Igala people photos no easy to find oo, i think it's time we started posting more igala pics into cyberspace, see how i dey sweat, these are the little i could get abeg make una free me! still repping #team igala sha
Beautiful, that reminds me, does anyone know where I can get these your beads material in South Africa

though i still dey wonder wether na only me be Igala for here #am so lonely[/quote]
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm right on it my Born again sister.
waiting wink
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Northern Sotho Maidens, the Bapedi

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fulani women of Nigeria (Fulbe rewbe lessdi Nayjeria)

4 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
ThaProphet:

This is beautiful! I will hopefully make my contributions soon.
Will be much appreciated smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fulaman198: Fulani women of Nigeria (Fulbe rewbe lessdi Nayjeria)
is that drawing on their faces? The first pic
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fulani women from Nigeria again and the women with golden hair wear are Fulani from Mali

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Northern Sotho Maidens, the Bapedi
HumbledbYGrace: Northern Sotho Maidens, the Bapedi
Thank you moratiwa kiss

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: is that drawing on their faces? The first pic

It's traditional facial henna on their faces, commonly practised in Fulani culture.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
Old Fulani grandpa (Pullo mawdo)

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fulani in herding uniform

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed / 15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary) / The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.