Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Please Read About A Broke Programmer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Read About A Broke Programmer (1367 Views)

About A Broke Programmer / The Broke Web Designer Is Now Rich - Thanks Nairaland / Broke Professional Webmaster: Should I Change Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
My name is Hassan, senior web developer , owner of wittytom.com ..... have developed alot of web application + android apps but am still freaking out why i havent make money with all dis !!!! #SAD ..

I have almost 5 web application that can cost 70k each if to developed for client , but no client , no customer , but i havent market myself @ all but how am i going to market myself when i dnt even have $$$$ , to pull or marketing ppl out there ...

3 android apps that can stand out like anything but am still fucking dead broke !! sad sad

How do you think i can help myself

Please comment with sense abeg else na thunder go kill u if u say endtime thinz or comment rubbish ...

Sensible ppl please comment and give em some help ... am launching my personal business website in 12 days

checkout the landing page ==== www.wittytom.com .... am not a lazy guy ... i work 24/7 .. i only sleep for 4 hrs everyday sometimes 3 hrs !!!

Cant keep going like dis sad( sad( sad( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

HELP HELP !!!!!

i was recoding my estate management system today and i was crying !! cause i keep coding like a crazy giuy and i cant even get a coke to take !!!!

now that mtn don shut down there port 500 no more free browsing !!! seriously am dead broke !!

aint saying you guys shuld help me with money though , but u can help me how to get job job job

THANKS

rilly appreciate using ur time to read and comment with good help !!

God bless y' all
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by CODEEATER(m): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
God I love that website... can sum1 plz help him!!!!!

Bro...my tiny little advice to u:

Make urself known... advertise urself in as many webmaster / programmers community as possible...

Post ur syt social media... web top lists etc..

Mix up wit guys already in d biz e.g graphic+ dualcore etc...

Make contacts

If u get a contract maybe or first.,give ur client discounts,if possible if its a simple site do it free and agree to add ur syt to d footer...or ads abt ur busines syt on their site..
If u impress dem...dey will keep coming for more..maybe introduce u to oda clients..

And diversify ur coding skills...not only php..asp Python, c ,c# ,etc...d more languages u knw d beta ur reach..
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by CODEEATER(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
Also...try improving ur skill..

Embark on creating public projects.. scripts n apps...post n upload dem in script top lists e.g source forge or hot scripts ...pple will c ur work n from dere u gain popularity...

Don't xpect to start getting cash just lyk DAT..u r new to d market,make urself known first...

1 Like

Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
gracias brother !!! thanks grin grin grin grin grin... ok thank u for that and am bring up a nw public script dis weekend will upload !! and give it out for free for ppl

Thank u... + am not new in web development though tongue

Have been doing this shhit since i was in jss2 wink like 12 yrs now brother

I do make money but not that much like i want that is why am crying out cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
There are several ways to market yourself in this web business. If you can write down a well-written simple web design proposal and approach let say 10 small or medium businesses in your area and ask them that you believe in what they are doing and that you want to contribute to the growth of their businesses by offering an affordable web design services to them.

This is something I did here: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/web-promo

I sent a well written and sweet-tongued proposal to as many people as possible. Most of the people are my facebook friends and CtrlShift Studios facebook fans.

I started like this:

"Good news! CtrlShift Studios is currently running a web design promo. We have discovered that your business qualifies to have an online presence. And having said that, we have decided to bring our price down in order to craft an awesome website for you and assist you to go a step ahead your competitors. Here is the plan. We will register the domain name for you. We will design the website for you. We will host the website for you. Then, we will teach you how to manage and maintain your website. All at the cheapest cost. For further details, please check: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/web-promo and get back to us. Thank you."

You can also organise a simple web design training for people. If you get 20 persons and charge them 10k or 20k each person, you will get about 200k or 400k. This will be like a one to two weeks intensive training where you will teach them html, css, basics of php and wordpress. Like what we want to do here: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/web-training

Every web developer should learn at least a CMS. Most clients now want to be able to do routine updates on their websites by themselves. So the day of static html website is going. If you know about two CMSes, you can put together a master class training on CMS for web developers. If you get about 10 persons and charge them 50k each, that will be 500k at the end of the day. Like what we are putting together to do here: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/cms-training

Above all, you must remain passionate and determined. There is money in this industry. You may end up one day getting a web design job for a politician or government agency.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by CODEEATER(m): 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
My boss has spoken
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by destino24(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
End time things

I don talk am
thunder never still fire me grin grin

But seriously, someone should help my guy here
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by sisqology(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2013
Hahahahahaha! *looking for thunder*
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by mj(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Also align yourself with some web design companies in Nigeria, some of them do outsource some of their projects, i work for 4 web design company, the outsource some of their jobs to me.
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 30, 2013
shocked and the Guy leaves close to me, if he can contact me i can send some jobs his way when i get, though i get broke but its not that bad, marketing is highly vital
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by winexviv: 6:01am On Sep 30, 2013
You just posted a link to an upcoming web project. Can you share links to at-least 5 of your great projects since you have been active for a good number of years. I was once like this and thank God the story now is different. Remember to pray earnestly bro. Every good thing comes from the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Danyl(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
@op what version of html did u use or did u convert the desktop site with mobile site converter softwares. that mobile site is very cool n beautiful. pls respond
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 01, 2013
No i developed from scratch !!! no mobile converter !!!!!! why asking brother
Danyl: @op what version of html did u use or did u convert the desktop site with mobile site converter softwares. that mobile site is very cool n beautiful. pls respond
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Danyl(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2013
Mobilexcetera: No i developed from scratch !!! no mobile converter !!!!!! why asking brother
the site is cool. bit how did you optimized dat site to be like dat on mobile device just like seoclerks. did you use html 5 or you coded the mobile site different
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by CODEEATER(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2013
Am guessing bootstrap or kenduUI

1 Like

Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Danyl(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Am guessing bootstrap or kenduUI
uhmmmmm I c I think I came across something like dat from kendu bfore. its cool anyway
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 01, 2013
why don you people think some ppl depend on boostrap or kendui R whatever u call it , ?? hum am not among those who use boostrap everyday like eating or drinking garri everyday , u shuld be able to craft out some stuff urself ....

KenduUI ko LaravelUi ni angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by CODEEATER(m): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mobilexcetera: why don you people think some ppl depend on boostrap or kendui R whatever u call it , ?? hum am not among those who use boostrap everyday like eating or drinking garri everyday , u shuld be able to craft out some stuff urself ....

Lol...guy bone... its good to have the knowledge n technical know how...I used to think like that before,"frameworks and libs r crap,code your own shit"...but I have come to appreciate how they make work easier and faster... as 4 me sha,I still believe in writing your own code, but sometimes its best to work with a framework,for speed and stuff...all my foreign coders who r well known in the industry and earn big always say the same thing, a good programmer should diversify his arsenal of code base, add at least one or two frameworks... even if u don't use em 4 personal projects, at least have future clients in mind.. u Neva can tell,dey may require a coder with strong MVC and HMVC knowledge with any framework..

1 Like

Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
i do use codeigniter what am saying is that u cant be using framework everytime u will become and useless programmer u will become someone that cant code without framework + dis is just a frontend i cant be so mad to use framework dude + It is Hassan !!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
CODE-EATER:

Lol...guy bone... its good to have the knowledge n technical know how...I used to think like that before,"frameworks and libs r crap,code your own shit"...but I have come to appreciate how they make work easier and faster... as 4 me sha,I still believe in writing your own code, but sometimes its best to work with a framework,for speed and stuff...all my foreign coders who r well known in the industry and earn big always say the same thing, a good programmer should diversify his arsenal of code base, add at least one or two frameworks... even if u don't use em 4 personal projects, at least have future clients in mind.. u Neva can tell,dey may require a coder with strong MVC and HMVC knowledge with any framework..
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by brine(m): 12:18am On Oct 02, 2013
Mobilexcetera: why don you people think some ppl depend on boostrap or kendui R whatever u call it , ?? hum am not among those who use boostrap everyday like eating or drinking garri everyday , u shuld be able to craft out some stuff urself ....

Tell me you didn't use boostrap on your site cheesy .

1 Like

Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 02, 2013
SHOW ME WHERE I USE BOOTSTRAP !! GUYS dnt let us talk too much abegiii go do ur own oooo grin grin grin
brine:

Tell me you didn't use boostrap on your site cheesy .
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by winexviv: 12:53am On Oct 02, 2013
Mobilexcetera: SHOW ME WHERE I USE BOOTSTRAP !! GUYS dnt let us talk too much abegiii go do ur own oooo grin grin grin
What is this
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>WittyTom Limited</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/jquery.ketchup.css">

3 Likes

Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by CODEEATER(m): 7:25am On Oct 02, 2013
Lol. Ahah,bro...u no know say u use something?
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 02, 2013
LMAOOOO , that boostrap is just a take away MR's !!! i can simply remove it and it will still be functioning + what u did is not allowed !!! else i go say make thunder strike u !ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....
winexviv:
What is this
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by chorinurholla: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hey there,

i think you should get in touch with me. Could work something out for you

chorinurholla@yahoo.com

Mobilexcetera: My name is Hassan, senior web developer , owner of wittytom.com ..... have developed alot of web application + android apps but am still freaking out why i havent make money with all dis !!!! #SAD ..

I have almost 5 web application that can cost 70k each if to developed for client , but no client , no customer , but i havent market myself @ all but how am i going to market myself when i dnt even have $$$$ , to pull or marketing ppl out there ...

3 android apps that can stand out like anything but am still fucking dead broke !! sad sad

How do you think i can help myself

Please comment with sense abeg else na thunder go kill u if u say endtime thinz or comment rubbish ...

Sensible ppl please comment and give em some help ... am launching my personal business website in 12 days

checkout the landing page ==== www.wittytom.com .... am not a lazy guy ... i work 24/7 .. i only sleep for 4 hrs everyday sometimes 3 hrs !!!

Cant keep going like dis sad( sad( sad( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

HELP HELP !!!!!

i was recoding my estate management system today and i was crying !! cause i keep coding like a crazy giuy and i cant even get a coke to take !!!!

now that mtn don shut down there port 500 no more free browsing !!! seriously am dead broke !!

aint saying you guys shuld help me with money though , but u can help me how to get job job job

THANKS

rilly appreciate using ur time to read and comment with good help !!

God bless y' all

Re: Please Read About A Broke Programmer by brine(m): 7:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
winexviv:
What is this
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">

Thank you winexviv.

(1) (Reply)

Reading Different Versions Of Excel Data (CSV,XLS,XLSX) With Phpexcel Library / Studing Programming In Aptech. / Help An Amateur Blogger Out About To Get A Domain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.