Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme (5256 Views)

FG To Empower 1,000 Youths In ICT / FADAMA Promotes Agriculture In Malkohi IDP Camp Yola (photos) / FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by nelie(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
baydok: The Third National Fadama Development Project aka Fadama III Project is a World Bank assisted project. It does not employ youth in to the civil service.
As a matter of fact, the idea of Fadama Youth Empowerment Scheme was muted on 15th April 2012 by the State Government when the scheme was launched by Mr. Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko as a way of reducing joblessness among Youths in Ondo State. The Scheme is dovetailing into the State’s agenda on Agriculture and food security, No-to-poverty, and Rural development being three agenda out of the 12-point Agenda as encapsulated in the acronym ‘A CARING HEART’. There and then the Project was mandated to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in the State.
The Fadama Youth Empowerment Scheme is being executed through the establishment of Fadama Youth Villages. Over 5,000 youths are now been engaged on productive agricultural ventures in processing of farm produce, egg production, honey production, pig rearing, fish production, snailry, nursery, crop production, broiler production etc.
Over 2,000 are also been empowered outside the youth villages. Youth groups across the 180 Fadama Communities of the State have their projects being executed. Youth groups like Begro feed mill, Flourish fishery, Agbelagba poultry all in Akure South LGA are doing very well. In Akure North LGA we have Arokobodunde Crop, Ifeoluwa poultry, Alagbaka fishery, Excellence piggery and many more are doing great. In Akoko North East LGA, Youth groups like Aringiya fishery, Omi-atan piggery, Okonla poultry, Arokoyo fishery are also productively engaged outside the youth villages
The objectives of the scheme are basically meant to take youths out of joblessness and making them examples to others. Thus, in a strict sense these youths are now engaged economically.
Equipping them as future farmers is another key principle. The Project has built capacity of the Youths through capacity building and advisory services training in modern agricultural practices. As a result of this some of these youths are already consultants in the areas of their economic interest.
Some of the youth villages are now learning centers, as visitors throng in to learn one or two thing at the Villages. Legiri Youth Village in Ondo West LGA, Imole Ayo Youth Village, Supare Akoko, Akoko South West LGA, IleOluji Youth Village, Ileoluji/Okeigbo LGA are good examples.

Dude, look here, going by ur username, i know yu very well.......u know ondo state is a very small state. My family is also prominent here, & when I talk, I don't just talk because I want to talk. Have got very little to say, all I wld just tell u is to desist from been honest wt ur self. The son of d closest associate to d said governor......{In person of his chief of staff.....Dr Kola Ademujimi} is my bossom friend..... Even to his face, I still tell him dat his father's administration & dat of Mimiko has failed d people of Ondo state woefully.

When u were typing all ds rubbish here, I took my time in reading all u were typing.....in case u don't know Ondo state is rated among d 5 most educated state in Nigeria. We r not suppose to have any buisness wt poverty in any way. Do u know d rate people r suffering in ds state?

An average young ondo youth has got an MSc. How wld u rate someone wt an Msc Agronomy picking up a 10,000naira monthly job, camped in one caged label farm settlement......is that not slavery? How do u expect such a person to meet up wt the present Nigerian economy. Sometimes we'v got to be reasonable man......again I know u very well. I know ur pedigree. Change ur ways man

(1) (2) (Reply)

I will help DJDOLA. Thank you Nlders - Cramjones / Before Another Biafra Pogrom.. Read This / Doctor Found Months-old Used Condom Inside A Sick Girl's V~gina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.