Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,430 members, 7,800,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? (5071 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? by macof(m): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

So if your real name is Boniface and I call you Babylon does that change who you are? If I say that you (Babylon) should come and collect £1bn that a billionaire left for you will you say not me?
bottomline ur Jesus works without an identity. I could even call him jaguar and he'll answer
Re: Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Oct 01, 2013
macof:

bottomline ur Jesus works without an identity. I could even call him jaguar and he'll answer

No. Our Lord Jesus Christ has an identity. It's just He answers His name in whatever language you call Him.

Yeshua is the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is “Joshua.” Iesous is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is “Jesus.” Thus, the names “Joshua” and “Jesus” are essentially the same; both are English pronunciations of the Hebrew and Greek names for our Lord. (For examples of how the two names are interchangeable, see Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8 in the KJV. In both cases, the word Jesus refers to the Old Testament character Joshua.)

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Yeshua-Jesus.html#ixzz2gSn0eGcL

Re: Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? by macof(m): 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

No. Our Lord Jesus Christ has an identity. It's just He answers His name in whatever language you call Him.

the picture u sent just gave me something to think about pls elaborate on that.
Re: Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
macof:

the picture u sent just gave me something to think about pls elaborate on that.

That picture answered the OP in a few words. Our Lord Jesus didn't come to set up a religion, He came to die and rise again so as to connect us directly to God. He came to set up a living relationship with God the Father without us getting religious. He is the only One who died and rose from the dead so that we can have eternal life with God.

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? by macof(m): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That picture answered the OP in a few words. Our Lord Jesus didn't come to set up a religion, He came to die and rise again so as to connect us directly to God. He came to set up a living relationship with God the Father without us getting religious. He is the only One who died and rose from the dead so that we can have eternal life with God.
So that means what Christians of today do is wrong
Re: Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
macof:

So that means what Christians of today do is wrong

What do today's Christians do?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Mystery Of The Number 666. / Prophecies For Nigeria 2013 Unveiled By Prophet Olaye George / Baba God Says There Is Somebody That Will Be Overtaken - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.