Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,907 members, 7,799,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Please Advise My Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise My Friend (1187 Views)

Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick. / Pls Advise, My Fiancee's Parents Are Against Me / Advise : My Wife Is Pregnat For A Stranger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise My Friend by Agbalagbi2013: 11:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
A friend in dilema called me for advice but I told him to see me tomorrow but before then,advise me what to tell him. Here goes his story: My friend,a son of a driver at a small company, graduated in 2006 and up till April this year he has been unable to get a job. Out of frustration his father, a driver spoke to his boss who after lots of persuation employed my friend. The issue now is that my friend now finds it difficult to cope with the petty embarrassments that comes from colleagues who looks down on daddy and son with scorn at office. The salary is not much (40k) but he cant afford to quit. Is it proper 4 him to tell his daddy to quit 4 his sake.
Re: Please Advise My Friend by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 28, 2013
Errr NO!

Ha ha egbami kę?

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend by baby124: 12:23am On Sep 28, 2013
I saw our drivers son last year. He was driving a brand new car and had a top job at the same company his dad was a driver. My dad gave him the job. His father retired after he was due and has really enjoyed his son. Both of them worked same time. Just look at it as a job. He's your father, be proud of him. He took so much to get you where you are. He also needs the job to take care of your mum and his needs. Can your 40k take care of them? If it's too much for you, quit and find another job.
Re: Please Advise My Friend by Agbalagbi2013: 5:06am On Sep 28, 2013
@baby_123,thanks a million, I was short of words when he called me last nite, I hope to get more advice here b4 I see him later today.
Re: Please Advise My Friend by tpia5: 5:43am On Sep 28, 2013
I dont get your question, why would he tell his dad to quit?

If he's too embarassed then he's the one who should start looking for another job elsewhere.

Or am i missing something?

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise My Friend by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 28, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise My Friend by RoyalRoy(m): 6:48am On Sep 28, 2013
Nice one as always Chaircover!!

He is being unnecessarily childish.

What can be worse, he working in same place with his dad & being jeered at or him walking all the streets all day looking for free food to eat & probably little girls with little package to Rob of their innocence?

He should be thankful his dad got him a job instead of complaining.
Re: Please Advise My Friend by igbonla(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2013
Please tell your friend not bring curse upon his head, he should be proud of his father for all he has done. There is so much blessing in that and the rewards can be so huge "his net will get torn" to contain them.

Children of nowadays!
Re: Please Advise My Friend by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2013
Na wa oh, ha, when did good old hard honest work become an embarassment?
Someone sent you to school, helped you get a job and suddenly you are big enough to start getting embarrased by his Job.

If he was not a good staff, would they have listened to his recommendation?
Ha, I would be proud of my Dad if I were you oh.

For the ones who are running their mouths in the office, they were not raised well to know the value of honest labour, he should know better and stand up for his Dad.

He has more honor than thieving people who run others off the roads while in power then end up in chains.

I am sure when your father retires no one will accuse him of stealing a kobo.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend by bellong: 10:10am On Sep 28, 2013
Please do me a favour, when your friend comes for the advise, before anything else give him one good resounding slap.

He needs it for a brain reset for having such a myopic and retrogressive attitude to life. I wish I had a caring father as his who couldn't take it anymore for his child to be idle.

Your friend must learn how not to listen to the noises in the crowd, he should face the importance of why he was employed than listening to gossips of people who can't add values to his life. Conditions are not permanent, they are temporary and he is only passing through a phase. If he is so concerned about those people's comments, he should be the one to drop his resignation letter.

The poor man still have a wife and his siblings to cater for, so he should resign because of an unproductive ego of a son. In as much as they are both doing an honest job, I see no reason why he is concerned about loafers. If those people talking believe they are above that, why are they working in the same company with them. They should have started their own company. They are just bunch of pots calling kettle black.

Your friend should be determined to get the best out of life. Use the present place as a stepping stone to better offers by putting in his best and making conscientious efforts to be successful. He that listens to the noise in the market will go back home empty.
Re: Please Advise My Friend by kreamidiva(f): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Inferiority complex at its peak!

Ah no blame you. Pls quit the job so that they'll stop making fun of you. And while at it,forward the address of your office to me make i apply for the job sharply!

#i hiss in German#
Re: Please Advise My Friend by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
Your friend is really an ungrateful son,with the present economic conditions he should be grateful he has a job at all, courtesy of his doting father.Let him pitch his tent elsewhere if he is too embarrassed to work with his father.i wonder how a broke man can still manage to be ego crazed,some people no sabi think undecided
Re: Please Advise My Friend by mutter(f): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
It is painful and hard to work as a driver after getting a degree! But there is nothing as dignifying as earning your money honestly. Let him continue while praying to God to help him get a better job. Sucess is sweeter when one started at the bottom.
Re: Please Advise My Friend by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
Children of Nowadays, You no get money yet una dey look down on 40k, if some of us tell you how much we started work earning, lol.
E go better
Re: Please Advise My Friend by janutra: 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
there is nothing wrong if both of them are working there
Re: Please Advise My Friend by soulglo: 11:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
The child needs to find out when his dad takes his lunch and sit out there and eat with his father. If he respected himself no one would make fun of his father to his face. A man that is ashamed of his father would be ashamed of his wife because she is not as beautiful, be ashamed of his children because they do not seem as smart, even ashamed of himself because his neighbor drives a nicer car. I feel sorry for the woman that marries him. He needs to grow up.
Re: Please Advise My Friend by Tinkybabe(f): 12:06am On Sep 29, 2013
bellong: Please do me a favour, when your friend comes for the advise, before anything else give him one good resounding slap.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Funny but I concur.

OP,your friend is not serious at all. angry and he needs some growing up to do.

Can you imagine?!A father that gave him life,struggled to get him to where he is,is the one he has the effrontery to say he's getting embarrassed by.

If he can't ignore the jeerers ,he should resign and let his father be!

(1) (Reply)

I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court / Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money / hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.