Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? (2228 Views)

If Jesus Is Called The Son Of God, Do You Think That Makes Him God? / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2013
The word God has been complex term that can have more than one meaning or conception. This term particularly has made debate lost it pole when especially the concept of God discussed is not defined.
"What is the definition of God?" For a person to say there is no God, he should know what is the meaning of God. If I hold a book and say that ‘this is a pen’, for the opposite person to say, ‘it is not a pen’, he should know what is the definition of a pen, even if he does not know nor is able to recognise or identify the object I am holding in my hand. For him to say this is not a pen, he should at least know what a pen means. Similarly for an atheist to say ‘there is no God’, he should at least know the concept of God.

-In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe. Here we have anthropomorphic God, animism, monotheism, polytheism.....adding, Concept of God is different among them all.

- In deism, God is the creator (but not the sustainer) of the universe.

- In pantheism, God is the universe itself. It totality of Energy and force....God is all.

- In the dictionary, God could mean admiration like I do call Fela my Idol or God....this doesn't mean he created the world or I worship him....

- Metaphorical concept of God....some do not believe in God, but only used the word "God" as a metaphor. Its similar to the way that LaVeyan Satanists believe about Satan.

I raised this issue because some people are losing count on me probably because they dont understand my concept of God and applications in discussion. The nineteenth-century English atheist Charles Bradlaugh declared that he refused to say "There is no God", because "the word 'God' is to me a sound conveying no clear or distinct affirmation"; he said more specifically that he disbelieved in the Christian concept of God.

What concept of God do you disbelief in?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2013
You are asking too much of the atheists here.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2013
Finally figured out you're a pantheist, huh?

Good for you...
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2013
aManFromMars: Finally figured out you're a pantheist, huh?

Good for you...

nairaland sha....i remember someone called me agnostic, wiegraf called me theist, pagan9ja called me pagan and you calling me pantheist.......lol......remember I told you im evolving? When I embrace yoruba spirituality, I know what it is.....I dont believe

1 Like

Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Ranchhoddas: 9:43am On Sep 28, 2013
I am not an atheist.I consider myself a healthy skeptic. I find it difficult to believe that a man lives for a few decades,dies and is thrown into a blazing furnace for countless trillions of millenia simply because he does not believe things that are .....well... Unbelievable

2 Likes

Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2013
Ranchhoddas: I am not an atheist.I consider myself a healthy skeptic. I find it difficult to believe that a man lives for a few decades,dies and is thrown into a blazing furnace for countless trillions of millenia simply because he does not believe things that are .....well... Unbelievable

Lol...cant believe in God or anything attributed to hell and heaven thang.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2013
I dont believe in all concepts of God. They all fail.

Deism- I believe in a cosmic energy ball God

Judaism- I believe in the punisher Jewish God

Christianity- I believe in the christ-like, less vengeful Jewish God

Islam- I believe in the Arabic version of the Jewish God

Paganism- I believe in a lot of Gods

Buddhism- I dont really have a god but that fat bastard, Buddha, is the next best thing

Atheism- lolz, you guys are weird
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:33am On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03: I dont believe in all concepts of God. They all fail.

Deism- I believe in a cosmic energy ball God

Judaism- I believe in the punisher Jewish God

Christianity- I believe in the christ-like, less vengeful Jewish God

Islam- I believe in the Arabic version of the Jewish God

Paganism- I believe in a lot of Gods

Buddhism- I dont really have a god but that fat bastard, Buddha, is the next best thing

Atheism- lolz, you guys are weird

Thanks for your input.....

Jainism.....do you try what there God is all about?

How about the vague application of God like in admiration?

You didn't touch pantheism.

Alfa is a know satanist but dont believe satan exist.....isn't this metaphoric?

Mr, are all these wrong too?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks for your input.....

Jainism.....do you try what there God is all about?

How about the vague application of God like in admiration?

You didn't touch pantheism.

Alfa is a know satanist but dont believe satan exist.....isn't this metaphoric?

Mr, are all these wrong too?

Just accept it, you are not an atheist if you believe in Yoruba gods.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:44am On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Just accept it, you are not an atheist if you believe in Yoruba gods.

But why logicboy? Why behaving like einstein tagged professional atheist?

What you know about yoruba Gods is what religion depict to you.

Have you ever heard 'ori eni ni orisa eni'? Ori mean consciousness and nothing more while sa mean selected. Does consciousness look like monster to you? Adding, I dont believe in God.....I KNOW YORUBA GODS.....maybe you stress on the difference between knowing and believing.

Better dont pick on straw which you cant handle.....deal with my question.

God in pantheism
God as in admiration
God as in metaphor......all failed too?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by MrTroll(m): 10:58am On Sep 28, 2013
I don't believe in all religious notions of God. There are no empirical evidence for them, just conjectures and confirmation bias.

As for other dictionary uses like admiration or metaphor, i don't see how it requires belief in order to use it as an admiration or a metaphor. . .
@OP, do you believe in the existence of the yoruba gods with their attendant supernatural powers?

Btw, i'm not an atheist tongue
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:08am On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: I don't believe in all religious notions of God. There are no empirical evidence for them, just conjectures and confirmation bias.

Thanks for your objectivity

As for other dictionary uses like admiration or metaphor, i don't see how it requires belief in order to use it as an admiration or a metaphor. . .

Alfa is a satanist who belief satan is his master but doesn't accept satan exist.....pantheist have believe. where are you going to tag Jain pls?

@OP, do you believe in the existence of the yoruba gods with their attendant supernatural powers?

Yoruba God are philosophical and you can understand it spiritually. Note, allegory and tales were attributed to it but I dont think we should look at the surface of it.

I have explained that Ifa literally mean body of knowledge.

Ogun is Iron

Sango is electric energy

Eshu is mere intuition. Nothing more, nothing less.

I dont believe in those stuff because I already know them. Adding, I dont believe in supernatural, everything I see in nature is super enough. The question should be do I have explaination for everything in nature? Nope I dont but wont deny things happen and im skeptical into knowing about why, how, what and if things happen.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: I don't believe in all religious notions of God. There are no empirical evidence for them, just conjectures and confirmation bias.

Btw, i'm not an atheist tongue

If you are not an atheist then what are you?

@Folykaze, if you believe in yoruba gods then you are more of a pagan
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2013
joel lala:
@Folykaze, if you believe in yoruba gods then you are more of a pagan

Yes....im an African, an atheist, a yoruba guy....wont deny one for another.

Moreover, I dont believe when I already know. I wonder why you guys are misunderstanding knowing with believing.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Yes....im an African, an atheist, a yoruba guy....wont deny one for another.

Moreover, I dont believe when I already know. I wonder why you guys are misunderstanding knowing with believing.

So what do you 'know'?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by MrTroll(m): 11:25am On Sep 28, 2013
joel lala:

If you are not an atheist then what are you?
A troll. cheesy
a pain in the butttongue
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:29am On Sep 28, 2013
aManFromMars:

So what do you 'know'?

All im aware of
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:37am On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

https://www.nairaland.com/1448901/atheist-hangout-update-it-really/1#18420302

This guy.....you ignoring my question huh? Pls dont be einstein tagged professional atheist.

Read about what God is in Jain http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Jainism

Do you disbelief in this concept or it fail too?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

This guy.....you ignoring my question huh? Pls dont be einstein tagged professional atheist.

Read about what God is in Jain http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Jainism

Do you disbelief in this concept or it fail too?

Jainism is still spiritual hulabaloo

Nonsense.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Jainism is still spiritual hulabaloo

Nonsense.

Evidently, you ignorant about spirituality. This is indeed, professional atheism....

Lets deal with their God.....do you disbelief in it which mean no universe?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Evidently, you ignorant about spirituality. This is indeed, professional atheism....

Lets deal with their God.....do you disbelief in it which mean no universe?

Shut up.

Fake atheist.....go and carve idol....foolish Sango worshipper
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shut up.

Fake atheist.....go and carve idol....foolish Sango worshipper

lol...

Shame on you professional atheist. I understand you hate God because you felt Abrahamic depiction is fallacy....knowledge in science bring the pride. I advise you to watch this movie 'lion king'. It philosophical like matrix....look beyond what you see. Heck, you fake nihilist not atheist..... enjoy your freedom.

Who gon save knight of nairaland atheism?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
- In deism, God is the creator (but not the sustainer) of the universe.

-In pantheism, God is the universe itself. It totality of Energy and force....God is all.

I don't see the point in naming the bold parts as god when it doesn't make any difference whether or not you do so.
Theists and pantheists could simply say the universe is nothing but the universe and the creator of the universe is also nothing but that.
Why call those things god when you aren't going to worship them or venerate them in any way?
Its like deists and pantheists cannot continue living with the idea that god doesn't exist so they chose to bestow the title of god on the universe and whatever created it so they can sleep at night.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol...

Shame on you professional atheist. I understand you hate God because you felt Abrahamic depiction is fallacy....knowledge in science bring the pride. I advise you to watch this movie 'lion king'. It philosophical like matrix....look beyond what you see. Heck, you fake nihilist not atheist..... enjoy your freedom.

Who gon save knight of nairaland atheism?

angry angry angry angry

Do you want me to summon Bolaino and Wiegraff? They can handle this your spiritual trolling
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

angry angry angry angry

Do you want me to summon Bolaino and Wiegraff? They can handle this your spiritual trolling

bla bla bla sheep, have you any wool?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:

I don't see the point in naming the bold parts as god when it doesn't make any difference whether or not you do so.
Theists and pantheists could simply say the universe is nothing but the universe and the creator of the universe is also nothing but that.
Why call those things god when you aren't going to worship them or venerate them in any way?
Its like deists and pantheists cannot continue living with the idea that god doesn't exist so they chose to bestow the title of god on the universe and whatever created it so they can sleep at night.

wrong.

Pantheist do not believe creator. Universe is God and nothing create it. Energy is God....cant be destroy or created.

I call fela kuti my idol/god.....does that mean I worship fela?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

bla bla bla sheep, have you any wool?

Yes, sir, yes, sir,
Three bags full;

angry
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes, sir, yes, sir,
Three bags full;

angry

bag of nihilism, self deception/esteem and ignorance. Go give it sheeple who want it
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Judas2013: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
Since God is a creation of man,i guess it does have many definition. Usually the term"god" is usually used to describe someone incredibly intelligent. In that term we have messi the god of football, Michael Jackson the god of music, Ali the god of boxing etc
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
Dear friends on Nairaland ,
for the time being i have found an incredible peace of mind by becoming AGNOSTIC. I am coming from a Christian background and there were just too many unanswered or unanswerable questions.

I believe man must never abandon his reasoning capabilities . Yet our Pentecostalism daily demands this of us. This also holds true for the other forms of religion .

Now i am convinced our present construct of god is either faulty or totally untrue . I have finally found true happiness .
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
Judas2013: Since God is a creation of man,i guess it does have many definition. Usually the term"god" is usually used to describe someone incredibly intelligent. In that term we have messi the god of football, Michael Jackson the god of music, Ali the god of boxing etc

Excellent objectivity. This is what I expect from logicboy.

Have you heard about Henry Ford saying 'Money is the god of our time.'.......does that mean we should disbelief in money because god is attributed to it all for atheism?

Which God conception do you accept, or disbelief?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: 70 Sermons To Preach To Your Destiny By D. K. Olukoya - Download Here / The Fool Say There Is No God. / YAHWEH PERMITS YOU TO DRINK BEER WITH YOUR TITHE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.