Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed (2251 Views)

Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / I Would Mark Time At The Senate, May Succeed Jonathan In 2019 - Gov. Aliyu / Gov. Aliyu Puts-up Billboards For His Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by manchy7531: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2013
Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed, Why He Is Fighting Jonathan, To Stop EFCC

Like fuji House of Commotion, Amaka Igwe’s epic on national television, the house of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, seems in irreversible disarray. But the trouble this time, has nothing to do with the visit of the rebel group to the National Assembly, penultimate week, it is the embattled governor of Niger state, Aliyu Mu’azu ,the rabble rousing , political gadfly of Niger state.

It is the rolling stone that may consume one of the pillars of the G-7 rebel governors, Aliyu Babangida, if President Goodluck Jonathan, refused to yield to one of their demands, that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissions, EFCC should not investigate the sordid mess and cesspool of corruptions in their respective states.

Coming in the dying days of his governorship, obviously Aliyu Mu’azu did not wish, after he might have left office, to carry the cross that is now his lot. In fact , if he ever wished anything after his tour of Government House, Minna, it is to move to the National Assembly, as a senator.

But all these are now in the past and no longer features as parts of Aliyu’s worries.

Though, Mu’azu, allegedly worked hard to cover his tracks, by commissioning of nonexistent projects, like the Zuma Rock Resort centre and the Minna Five- Star Hotels, he did not, however, envisage that only a few months to the end of his tenure , he would be at the centre of high wire sleaze scandal, that is currently rocking the state.

Indeed, in a document entitled HR.NO.10 2008/2009-Resolution Granting Approval to the Executive Governor Of Niger state, Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu,OON, To Enable him obtain N=6billion bond facilities in favourof Niger state Government” Dated Tuesday,11 Day of November, 2008. Signed by Pharm.MM Alkali., Honourable Speaker and Mohammed A. Rijau, Permanent Secretary/ Clerk, partly stated Thus; “Whereas: The Government of Niger State is committed to the provision of infrastructural development for the purpose of enhancing the welfare and well being of our people, the state Government after due consideration and consultations with the stakeholders and indeed purposeful deliberations by the state Executive Council came into conclusion that the available source is to seek for loan facility from the capital market through a bond; after the conclusion therefore, the state Government in partnership with Zenith Bank PLC arranged to obtain a loan facilitity of N=6billion from the capital market” It stated.

As strange as the N-6billion bond from the Zenith Bank, was not tied to any projects in the state the speed with which the Niger state gave the approval, has raised more hypothetical questions, than answer as what the bond was meant for and how it will be monitored. Said our source.

On December, 12 2008, the Niger state Ministry of Finance, wrote to the Minister of Finance informing the Ministry of the deductions from the monthly Federal allocations to the state.

In the letter entitled “Irrevocable Standing order, for deduction from the Account of Niger state Government in respect of N=6billion infrastructural Development Projects Bond” signed by Aminu Yusuf, Commissioner for finance, Abubakar Tukur, Accountant General, Engr. Sani Ndanusa, commissioner for Transport and infrastructure and Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, the state Government instructed the Federal Ministry, to make a monthly deduction of N=142,377,502.73. With commencement date of January, 2009, with tenor of 60 months.

The letter further directed thus “The Niger state Government hereby gives to the Federal Ministry of Finance an irrevocable standing payment Order (ISPO) to deduct from the state statutory Allocation the principal sum and interest (COUPON) as per the attached scheduled and pay same to the Account of Zenith Trust Company Ltd/ Niger state infrasture Development Bond Account No. 6013808602.

While to the ordinary observers, obtaining loans and Bond facility by Government and its agencies, appear normal, the frequency and applications of such loan has made a dog breakfast of the rule of engagement in such exercise in Niger state.

In may 2007, under a purported priority to give the state a face-lift the Aliyu Mu’azu, administration had in a similar move gone to the Capital market to collect N=9 billion bond to embark on same projects.

“By the end of his tenure Aliyu would probably leave Niger state with the highest debt portfolio, with little ornothing to show for it”said a state ministry official in the state.

Documents exclusively obtained by this medium, showing states balances as at May 1995 and the summary of first line deductions, show that Niger state rescheduled London Club stands at N=525,728,963.28, while deductions from first line charge June 1995- March 2002 stood at N=9,953,544,430.42. With Niger state coming second after Ondo state as the most indebted state.

Documents obtained from the treasury department Minna, revealed that bond rather than been deplored for the purpose are used to funds personal interest

For instance, the state Government was issued a Zenith Bank cheque No.6013803248, for the payment of his elections litigation bills in the sum of N=82,796,000.

The state Government claimed the Niger state House of Assembly received an invitation to the 56 CPA international and the CPA regional conferences holding in Nairobi Kenya on September 10-19, 2010 and South Africa July 24-31 2010 respectively.

For these legislative adventures, the House submitted a bill of over N=49,000,000,00 for the two trips

Dr. Muhammud K Yahaya, secretary to the Niger state Government, claimed that “The two rips as detailed on pages 189-190 of file. Ater a careful scrutiny, however, recommended N=42,000,000.00 to cover the expenses for the two trips.

The Chief Servant may wish to consider and approve the total sum of 42,000,000,00 only for the two trips, please” Yahaya states in his memo to the governor.

The letter was dated August,7,2010, three days, after, Mu’azu through the Commissioner for Finance approved the 42,000,000,00 for the jamboree.

Curiously, on August, 13, 2010, barely a week after the controversial approval for the Kenya “trip” the SSG, Mr. Yahaya, in another memo obtained by our reporter, requested for another N=23,269,890.00 for a purported medical trip for the state Chief Judge, Justice Jibrin Ndajiwo.

In the memo the SSG states that ”His Lordship, the Chief Judge of Niger state, Justice Jibrin Ndajiwo, has been given appointment for a comprehensive medical treatment at the Fairfield Independent Hospital. Merseyside, United Kingdom. His Lordship will be accompanied on this trip by his wife, Hajiya Asta H. Ndajiwo as aide and who shall undergo FULL medical check up at the same Hospital. His Lordship is requesting for Funds for the medical bills, travels and sundry expenses for himself and his wife totaling N=23,269,890.00”

The expenses were approved barely twenty four hours, for a trip that our source claimed was never made.

Contacted through his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Mr. Emma Maku Eti, Governor Aliyu, in his standard response described the allegations as “recycled documents” It is a recycled documents, they want to extort money from me” he said

Not even the several calls to his Chief press Secretary, Danladi Ndayebo, could yield much.

The Chief press secretary in his usual characteristics refused to respond to the allegations two weeks after persistent calls and SMS to his cell phone.

Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by Chynx(m): 9:49am On Sep 28, 2013
Bunch of rogues!
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by ckkris: 10:02am On Sep 28, 2013
Thief Servant.
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by slimghost(m): 10:09am On Sep 28, 2013
And these are the idiots fighting GEj? And to think that any sane Nigerian would support these crooks is even more worrisome! Hopeless country!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 28, 2013
And what of Patience Jonah that was caught pants down with hard currency? Or how did Tompolo manage to buy a Private Jet costing 2billion naira? Don't take side with all these crooks...they are all same!

slimghost: And these are the idiots fighting GEj? And to think that any sane Nigerian would support these crooks is even more worrisome! Hopeless country!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by fagbalex(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2013
all this pro Jonathan sha, you guys are just using every mean to clinch 2015. perhaps we are know how your man cripple bayelsa economy, likewise the present political dispensation. you're now denting someone's image all because of 2015, but you forget that your own house is smelling more than your opponent own.
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by donphilopus: 10:23am On Sep 28, 2013
I wonder how People think.
Countless number of PDP Governors in GEJ's camp, have not been probed and some of them that were detained in the EFCC's Custody was not properly investigated.
People like Alao Akala of Oyo State, and others were not properly probed, if not that James Ibori was disloyal to him(GEJ) when Yaradua was alive, that's why his case was brought brought back, when Yaradua died.
I rest my case..
Aliyu Mu'azu Babaginda carry go.
Sai Buhari! Sai APC! Sai Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by dejgan: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2013
People just comment reading only the topic.....why not read the whole article....The whole article is baseless...who writes stuffs like these? All these pro-Jonathan boys.....Am not in support of any of the PDP guys, but please, stop insulting our intelligence by these spurious posts....dont you guys think??

1 Like

Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by slimghost(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2013
smartchoice: And what of Patience Jonah that was caught pants down with hard currency? Or how did Tompolo manage to buy a Private Jet costing 2billion naira? Don't take side with all these crooks...they are all same!

I don't take sides with criminals. I was raised better than that. Have you ever heard me sing Tompolo's praises? (Assuming he really owns a jet which has not been confirmed). If Patience Jonathan is corrupt then she is not a hypocrite because I have never heard her calling anybody corrupt. What pains me is when roques like Aliyu and co have the temerity to ask GEJ to call the EFCC off their backs! We lack honest leaders in this hellhole.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by ayusco85(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2013
Please biko can someone summarise it for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥? ASUU strike don make M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ redundant o, i cant even pronounce and understand some words.
cry
#CallOffAsuuStrike
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by Tintinix: 10:41am On Sep 28, 2013
Let me start by laughing in Otueke!!!!

I am done laughing.. Now Nigerians, let's just suppose for an instance that GEJ had agreed to the G7's demand, I wonder the opinion you all would have had of him!

That a man keeps quiet is not foolishness...
Now one Governor they say is awol , another one is leaving his state in irrecovarable debts...
Please let's watch out for more details.

NB: for all those who are saying is he the only one?! Up APC and stuff... Truly your moral fabric is in tatters!
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 28, 2013
My brother when you/we know the real issues at stake am sure your head will spin...Tompolo OWNS a Bombardier Jet. . .Fraud under all of them has been colossal name them...it's gotten to the extent that the figures have become sickening!

slimghost:
I don't take sides with criminals. I was raised better than that. Have you ever heard me sing Tompolo's praises? (Assuming he really owns a jet which has not been confirmed). If Patience Jonathan is corrupt then she is not a hypocrite because I have never heard her calling anybody corrupt. What pains me is when roques like Aliyu and co have the temerity to ask GEJ to call the EFCC off their backs! We lack honest leaders in this hellhole.
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by dridowu: 10:58am On Sep 28, 2013
Who wrote ds shit ? Is there any Gov in Jonathan camp that does not have case with efcc ? So noboby shd write senseless thing on ds forum again.
#########Team Aliyu ########

1 Like

Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by Marotzke(m): 11:12am On Sep 28, 2013
smartchoice: My brother when you/we know the real issues at stake am sure your head will spin...Tompolo OWNS a Bombardier Jet. . .Fraud under all of them has been colossal name them...it's gotten to the extent that the figures have become sicken
please post the picture of the jet that Tom polo owns. Whether Bombardier, Falcon or Hawker Sidley.
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by jamace(m): 11:22am On Sep 28, 2013
Kai, my country is being gang R-A-P-E-D by a group of L-O-O-T-E-R-S who call themselves our leaders. Who will deliver us? cry cry cry
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 28, 2013
pics

let Government Oweizide Ekpemupolo go to the law courts to sue for defamation if claim is not true...

Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by omon24(m): 11:27am On Sep 28, 2013
slimghost: And these are the idiots fighting GEj? And to think that any sane Nigerian would support these crooks is even more worrisome! Hopeless country!
ma friend, dont single out any one individual, they ar d same. And dat s d more reason we dont hav to kill ourselves for these looters. Even d ones u ar supporting ryt now.
Re: Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
If GEJ probes Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu today because he is not in his camp and lets Akpabio off the hook. A Buhari might come tomorrow and probe GEJ and Akpabio because they opposed his ascendancy to power. If all the probed are fond guilty and convicted by a competent court of jurisdiction, are we not waging the war against corruption?
These men are very corrupt , and the only way they can expose themselves is when they are fighting. If you are not corrupt can you be accused falsely and be convicted?
Nigerians ronu and stop taking sides with corrupt men in power.

(1) (Reply)

Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State / Why Do You Support The PDP / Pix!!! Will This Ever Happen In This Country Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.