Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. (1428 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
In the midst of intensive arguments and confusion going on in the body of Christ today, I want to correct a serious and long held erroneous teachings that Christ came to make the Law(s) of Moses higher for Christians. This teaching is false and erroneous. Christ didn't come to give Christians or his followers more laws, rules and regulations nor make the already existing laws of Moses higher. The people of the law or under the dispensation of law of Moses of which Christ was born into, could not even keep the law of Moses. Why then would Christ come to still raise the standard of what people could not keep?

Some people say or teach, Christ came to show the 'true intent' of the law. What is the true intent of 'thou shall not commit' order than what it says - thou shall not commit adultery. It can't mean anything else and it must remain. The people under the Law could still not keep thou shall not commit adultery, meaning they can't keep the whole law. They're still committing adultery even when the law says otherwise. You break one, you break all is the spirit of the law.

John 1:17
Amplified Bible (AMP)
For while the Law was given through Moses, grace (unearned, undeserved favor and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ.

The Law had already being given by Moses through angels. The scripture says Christ came with Grace and truth. What is the truth that the people of the law are lacking towards 'thou shall not commit adultery' for example?

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28

Many people use this verse and say, Christ was raising the standard towards thou shall not commit adultery. This is erroneous interpretation for ages. Christ is not raising the standard. Raising the standard will mean, you can't keep it more and more because the people can't even keep the lower standard, then why raise the standard. What is Christ says and what is the truth here?

Christ was addressing and curing the root cause of adultery as well as other sins against the Law. What do I mean? The revelation was given to the Apostles James,

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1:15

The heart is the source of all issues of life. Especially when such heart is flowing from love. The heart must be supported by Grace and truth in Christ.

to be continue . . .

1 Like

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
One trick pony!

Everything na law law law with you.

Moses law
Old testament law and grace
judaizer law.

Unfollowing topic and unfollowing you as a member angry

4 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MEILYN(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
whats with the, law law, grace grace?. Its getting boring abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
* cough* heresy *cough*

5 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
MEILYN: whats with the, law law, grace grace?. Its getting boring abeg.
grin grin grin grin what Goshen lacks is application. his scripture and topics do not address or reference whats happening in the world today. he has one of these fantasy doctrines that stays in a vacuum of its own and is totally unrelated and unconnected to the world we live in

5 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03: One trick pony!

Moses law
judaizer law.

grin grin grin lol @ one trick pony

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Ishilove: 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
obadiah777: * cough* heresy *cough*
Troublemaker cheesy

1 Like

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2013

Moses law
judaizer law.

MEILYN: whats with the, law law, grace grace?. Its getting boring abeg.

Because God took away one (the law covenant) to establish the new (the covenant of Grace). People keep teaching laws of Moses to Christians not knowing they are teaching Christians or giving them strength and ability to sin more. Law is the strength of sin. So, you ser someone hammering on law, such have the strength of sinning. Christ is the CURE FOR SIN not the law of Moses!!!

4 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin grin what Goshen lacks is application. his scripture and topics do not address or reference whats happening in the world today. he has one of these fantasy doctrines that stays in a vacuum of its own and is totally unrelated and unconnected to the world we live in

At least, unlike you, I don't teach heretic like 90% of bible is allegory, teaching and saying Christ is angel Michael, denying the virgin birth of Christ prophesied on the prophet, mis representing scriptures etc.

4 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ishilove:
Troublemaker cheesy
grin grin me and Goshen got that kinda relationship. he comes to my threads to tell me i am talking rubbish and i return the favor grin

4 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MEILYN(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin me and Goshen got that kinda relationship. he comes to my threads to tell me i am talking rubbish and i return the favor grin
lmao grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
MEILYN: lmao grin grin
i believe i have a scripture for that sire
galatians 6 vs 7 A man reaps what he sows. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MEILYN(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2013
obadiah777: i believe i have a scripture for that sire
galatians 6 vs 7 A man reaps what he sows. grin grin
indeed sire indeed... A man who kills by the sword, shall die by the sword sire. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
MEILYN: indeed sire indeed... A man who kills by the sword, shall die by the sword sire. grin grin
grin grin Goshen done led more people into the bottomless pit than anyone since the history of nairaland. i believe he deserves a guiness book of record. we need a nairaland guiness book of record.

AWARD

This award goes to the person who has led the most people into the bottomless pit and the nominees are

1-Alfa seltzer
2-Logicboy
3-Goshen
4-musKeeto
5-pagan 9ja

*opens envelope*

and the award goes to GOSHEN

7 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MEILYN(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin Goshen done led more people into the bottomless pit than anyone since the history of nairaland. i believe he deserves a guiness book of record. we need a nairaland guiness book of record.

AWARD

This award goes to the person who has led the most people into the bottomless pit and the nominees are

1-Alfa seltzer
2-Logicboy
3-Goshen
4-musKeeto
5-pagan 9ja

*opens envelope*

lmao, hahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin *falls from tree*

3 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
MEILYN: lmao, hahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin *falls from tree*
grin grin hope say you no break ya back sire lol
Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin Goshen done led more people into the bottomless pit than anyone since the history of nairaland. i believe he deserves a guiness book of record. we need a nairaland guiness book of record.

AWARD

1-Alfa seltzer
2-Logicboy
3-Goshen
4-musKeeto
5-pagan 9ja

*opens envelope*

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Look at what i woke up to this morning. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MostHigh: 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2013

Moses law
judaizer law.

The man says he is determined to destroy the law of Moses. smiley

By the confessions of his own mouth.

Its a very heavy load and I know Goshen is not fully aware of the penalties involved for uttering such such words. smiley

But who can save his brothers soul??

He will surely get his reward.

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MostHigh: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2013

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MostHigh: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin grin what Goshen lacks is application. his scripture and topics do not address or reference whats happening in the world today. he has one of these fantasy doctrines that stays in a vacuum of its own and is totally unrelated and unconnected to the world we live in

Alice in wonderland Sire.

He wants to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. smiley

The man has lost his mind on this Issue of grace.

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MostHigh: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Because God took away one (the law covenant) to establish the new (the covenant of Grace). People keep teaching laws of Moses to Christians not knowing they are teaching Christians or giving them strength and ability to sin more. Law is the strength of sin. So, you ser someone hammering on law, such have the strength of sinning. Christ is the CURE FOR SIN not the law of Moses!!!

The sermon on the mount is pure law.

You cannot have a greater revelation than Yashua, you can never be greater than Yashua. grin

It is you that is teaching others to sin proclaiming the law is dead, and yet we still see sin within this world daily.

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 7:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
MostHigh:

The sermon on the mount is pure law.

You cannot have a greater revelation than Yashua, you can never be greater than Yashua. grin

It is you that is teaching others to sin proclaiming the law is dead, and yet we still see sin within this world daily.

Exactly what I'm saying that is, having the law more and more doesn't stop people from sinning. Christ the more is the CURE for sin.

Keep teaching people law, you keep strengthening them to sin more and whoever goes on and on in the law, have the strength to sin more because law is the strength and power of sin.

You have to tear one down (the law) in order to build the other (grace and truth).

4 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MEILYN(m): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Exactly what I'm saying that is, having the law more and more doesn't stop people from sinning. Christ the more is the CURE for sin.

Keep teaching people law, you keep strengthening them to sin more and whoever goes on and on in the law, have the strength to sin more because law is the strength and power of sin.

You have to tear one down (the law) in order to build the other (grace and truth).
what a joke. Witout laws there is no sin

1 Like

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Yooguyz: 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
why are your posts getting 3 likes on em?
Are you using your other three handles to like your posts? :-D

na wa ooh people can do anything for attention..lol.

1 Like

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Yooguyz: 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2013

AWARD

1-Alfa seltzer
2-Logicboy
3-Goshen
4-musKeeto
5-pagan 9ja

*opens envelope*

i thought my name would be among one of the nominees

Trolling mod...LOL

1 Like

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
MEILYN: what a joke. Witout laws there is no sin

You just helping to establish the teaching here - scripture says, the only way not to sin is NOT to have the law because sin is the transgression of the law but when there's no law, there's no sin because, there won't be anything to break... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MEILYN(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
Goshen360:

You just helping to establish the teaching here - scripture says, the only way not to sin is NOT to have the law because sin is the transgression of the law but when there's no law, there's no sin because, there won't be anything to break... cheesy
mr goshen keep living your lawless life.... lawlessness is tantamount to freedom and wrecklessness, u cant keep living as you like, doing anything you want and claim to serve God. If there are no Laws in Lagos then we will see what it becomes in 2weeks. If there are no laws then there is no purnishment/hell... I rest my case, keep preaching your grace, keep deceiving people thats ur problem.

3 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by MEILYN(m): 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
Yooguyz:
why are your posts getting 3 likes on em?
Are you using your other three handles to like your posts? :-D

na wa ooh people can do anything for attention..lol.
who be this one? undecided You better talk watin you know.

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Alwaystrue(f): 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
Titus 2:11-14
11 For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every LAWLESS deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 12:42am On Sep 29, 2013
Alwaystrue: Titus 2:11-14
11 For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every LAWLESS deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

I have told you to always STUDY the word in 'context'. First, I don't know what translation you quote but before I quote KJV, that verse 14 is talking about our past position, not our present state. . . who GAVE himself that he might redeem us. Are you redeemed or you are yet to be redeemed? That word you capitalized LAWLESS deed is 'iniquity' in the KJV. A Christian is not given the law of Moses but we have the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ, follow the title of the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 12:44am On Sep 29, 2013
MEILYN: mr goshen keep living your lawless life.... lawlessness is tantamount to freedom and wrecklessness, u cant keep living as you like, doing anything you want and claim to serve God. If there are no Laws in Lagos then we will see what it becomes in 2weeks. If there are no laws then there is no purnishment/hell... I rest my case, keep preaching your grace, keep deceiving people thats ur problem.

Who is talking about government law here? Is traffic law in the law of Moses? What is wrong with you that you can't comprehend simple message? Are Christians given the laws that was given to Moses for Israel? If you think so, then give us scriptures. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Grace In The Midst Of Dispensation Of The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 4:17am On Sep 29, 2013

AWARD

1-Alfa seltzer
2-Logicboy
3-Goshen
4-musKeeto
5-pagan 9ja

*opens envelope*

LMFAO! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thread For Agape Force Ministry/ Church Of God Mission Members / My Thoughts / True Story: I Am Discriminated Because Am A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.