Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? (57993 Views)

Job For People With Phone Cameras And Internet Connectivity / Discover A World Of People Empowering People With Gnld / Which Of The Military And Paramilitary Is Highly Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Kevsman(m): 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
why cant someone with flat foot be in the military? I hav a friend who is in the navy (flat footed) for 5years now, and he is not havin any problems, so how is havin flat feet a broblem in the military, i need ur responds please, lets talk about this

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by fr3do(m): 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2013

The Navy,army and air force are all militiary.

5 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Kevsman(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
fr3do:
The Navy,army and air force are all militiary.
yes i know, they are all military. I said that he is in the navy
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by NnamdiN: 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
what is flat foot abeg

7 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
Because they believe anyone with flat foot won't be able to stand for long...which I believe to be true I have a flat foot.

5 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Kevsman(m): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
dottmon: Because they believe anyone with flat foot won't be able to stand for long...which I believe to be true I have a flat foot.
but i no believe that thing oh
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by zada(m): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
@All, jus as DOTTMON said it is generally believed that those with flat foot find it difficult as to standing upright for hours. And I must say the Army does more parade than any other military arms, I have withness cases were soldiers drop down while on the parade line up. If any of u can visit any Army passing out parade or ceremonies and u will see how long they remain standing on the parade. And if I must say why ur friend has flat foot and he is in the navy is simply because things have ova time changed and besides that, people cut corners to training without going thru screening.

8 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
Pls why do people with long back get screened from joining the military?

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by johnemeka(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2013
The simple answer is that there is a vein that passes through that curved area and the millitary boot is desinged with that curve.If you have straigth footh,the curve in the boot will constrict or block that vein and make it defficult for blood circulation.when one is on parrade the heart tends to pump faster to push More blood for metarbonism to take place for energy release to carry out action.
Anyone with flat foot will not survilve millitary because once he stays long standing or on parrade with the boot he will feel dizziness and will faint.
During my NYSC service I learnt about this from the Nigerian Red Cross society.this is why any time someone faints, you are adviced to remove the foot wear,belt,cap,loosen up the cloth.
Enjoy!!!

146 Likes 1 Share

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by NnamdiN: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2013
Nice explanation up there. I didn't even take the flat foot thingy literally. I thought it meant something extraordinary. Does the army accept guys that wear eye glass

2 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by azpekuliar: 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
NnamdiN: Nice explanation up there. I didn't even take the flat foot thingy literally. I thought it meant something extraordinary. Does the army accept guys that wear eye glass

Yes!

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
Heyy how about pplw with long back? Someone answer pls

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Dollarjunkie: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
I hate anything force and use to be happy that I have flat foot and thus a very good point/excuse to avoid force. But not until the ongoing airforce and immigration recruitment that I felt bad about the flat foot thing. I would've love to work with any of the two since they don't deal with gun like the army.

I think the excuse that those with flat foot can't stand for a longer period of time is not true. During my NYSC I saw many people that were well built and some with curve foot that fell before the Gov. Could come. We stood for more than 7hours waiting for person that doesn't know we are waiting for him.
But all the same, let them go with their force thingy abeg

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Kevsman(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
makoo579: Heyy how about pplw with long back? Someone answer pls
do you mean hunch back? If yes, the person will be disqualified doring physical check up
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by engroke(m): 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
which 1 be long back again..guy expatiate n let's learn from you
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by engroke(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
Research shows that during the 2nd world war soldiers with flat foot couldn't survive the rigour of long hour parade n standing which causes weakness on part of the whole army I think that is why till date the military no longer consider people with flat foot. For me I don't have a flat foot I did the test myself and I was happy about the outcome I can stand for long provided am not hungry n not sick
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
oya ansa this too. y do people wit 'long legs' enter the military without proper screening?

3 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by zada(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
@Goat leg, true to ur name u r a goat leg! grin

3 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Swiftlee(m): 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
goat leg: oya ansa this too. y do people wit 'long legs' enter the military without proper screening?
Good observation, long legs like; antelop leg, goat leg, horse leg among many legs..cos they run faster. If you have big head you wont be accepted in the airforce*reason* your head is capable of pulling down a jet...so if you have a big head like the op who has a flat feet and the person am quoting who has goat legs..dont bother to apply..gracias obrigaaado!

14 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by lakefist(m): 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
its a big lie even people without flat foot csn still fall i wirnessed it in camp.for me am used to standing for ours with my flatfoot

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by gerrardomendes(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
it is called pes planus in human anatomy. It is d lack of longitudinal arches of the foot. Such people lack good balance and cant stand for long.

2 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by cashkid18(m): 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
sad

5 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mine is not flat but i need a "military" godfather
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by zolajpower: 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
because they cant cross barb wire during war. so that na y
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Flat foot is an anatomical variation, obviously people with flat foot lacks "Arches of the foot" this makes it difficult for them to propel their body when running.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by D555(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hello
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Sam0(m): 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Pls wat about people with natural open teeth?cos i will like to join the military

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by skyscraperTM(m): 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Which one is long back
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by skyscraperTM(m): 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Which one is long back?
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by chiketee(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
johnemeka: The simple answer is that there is a vein that passes through that curved area and the millitary boot is desinged with that curve.If you have straigth footh,the curve in the boot will constrict or block that vein and make it defficult for blood circulation.when one is on parrade the heart tends to pump faster to push More blood for metarbonism to take place for energy release to carry out action.
Anyone with flat foot will not survilve millitary because once he stays long standing or on parrade with the boot he will feel dizziness and will faint.
During my NYSC service I learnt about this from the Nigerian Red Cross society.this is why any time someone faints, you are adviced to remove the foot wear,belt,cap,loosen up the cloth.
Enjoy!!!

Na wa o. This your story is not true na. Lol, and so many ppl are liking the gist. Flat foot means the arches on ur foot are flat. The human foot has 3 arches which are maintained by certain ligaments and muscles. The function of these arches is to support ur weight and help in propulsive movement. So when the arches are absent you won't be able to support your weight longer than someone who has d arches

8 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Flat head nka?

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by badmeat(m): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Because flat footed people slip easily,grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? / N-Power Assessment Details: Starts 20th September / UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.