Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. (48084 Views)

An Open Letter To Buhari By A Graduate Male Nurse / 5 Solid Advantages Of Marrying A Nurse. / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by udysweet(f): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
You have a perveted mind,shikena!
elobyobi:

Get a room, u two!!!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by IcePk(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
Where cn i stat frm. Am a Male BNSc and i for 1 dnt care abt wht ppl feel abt my sex in d profesion,for Gods sake i love helpin ppl get bak on their feet, it mkes me feel hapy dat am useful and given back to the world.
Most of the tme the patients n clients cal me Doctor wch i debunk n corect dem imediately.
One of the chalenge is being Bossed around by sme ignorant and arrogant matrons n sme consultant whle dischargin my duties.
Secondly sme wmen are jst dirty mehn! Wen i wana insert a catheter i have to shave dem n wash aww! Disgusting.
By d way,my patients say my hand is soft so de like it wen i admin IV n IM to dem.
Gush! I love this profesion by Gods grace. FOR THE RECORD I DNT SEE THIS AS A CHALENGE IS RATHER A CONCERN...[color=#006600][/color]

6 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
Male or female, nurses are true saints! If ever you come across a grouchy nurse, you should realize that they're no longer nurses, but nurse-zombies who've had the very essence of their sainthood drained 'outta them grin

Vampires angry

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Larow(m): 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
uken73:
I prefer a male nurse/doctor to a female. There are things that can be embarrassing to share with a female. And I'd be even more embarrassed to be injected by a female.
thanks bro! Dats an encouragement!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Cholls(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
lyna10:
To me, I always feel that naturally nursing as a profession is for the females. So I don't see any reason as to why men should enter into such profession. It doesn't bring out the real men in them. We fail to understand that God gave women the most special gift of caring and so the females are better off doing such work than the males.

my sister your opinion is outrightly myopic
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Larow(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
plendil:

Da fuq?? You mean a sick patient actually refused to be treated by nurse simply because he's male?
hmmm! Many o
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Larow(m): 6:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
lezz:
Male nurses are almost as half as disgusting as a male nanny.

Apart from the injection....the cleaning, the nursing, argh! It's a female profession.
Save us the modernity crap.
It must take a wuzzbag inherent in a "man" to apply to become a nurse.
we shouldn't have a female soldier if that's the case! Grow up man!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by qtx(m): 6:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bridgetown:
I am a male nurse and there is no discrimination whatsoever, my only problem is doctors used to hijack all my pretty female colleagues thereby living me to search for the female student nurses that are also being taken by those yeye doctors.
lol no face work de dey there de look for babes. People wei too like woman no de sabi book o. grin
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by lezz(m): 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
Larow:
we shouldn't have a female soldier if that's the case! Grow up man!
hmn, twisted.
As improbable as a female soldier is have you really seen a "combatant " female soldier in real battle ground.
I'll grow up but not into conforming to a modern sexless standard of society even though it seems your preferred destination
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Larow(m): 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
lezz:
hmn, twisted.
As improbable as a female soldier is have you really seen a "combatant " female soldier in real battle ground.
I'll grow up but not into conforming to a modern sexless standard of society even though it seems your preferred destination
now I can see how myopic you are! The fact that u have no1 to enlighten u about female soldiers does not mean they don't go for real battle. Take your time and make more research before you talk. Moreover! You can say anything you so wish to say but I'll love to inform you that my fat salary is flowing in monthly and its not really my fault dear! My intelligence got me to this level! If u think its dat easy, tell any of ur sisters to study the course since men from ur side are forbidden to and let's see the outcome!

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Ecorleon(m): 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
pboiskinpy:
Nna male nurse no go ever give me injection ooo...
Female nurses (beautiful ones) get dis soft touch wey dey help medicine work well well...

Correct guy !

#Ask Chelsea players why they form injury until that their pretty Doc arrives and give them a touch...
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Lilphillips(m): 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
pboiskinpy:
Nna male nurse no go ever give me injection ooo...
Female nurses (beautiful ones) get dis soft touch wey dey help medicine work well well...

#Ask Chelsea players why they form injury until that their pretty Doc arrives and give them a touch...
so u dey see that thing? But that chelsea nurse is so beautiful, if i be chelsea i go dey fake injury so dat i'll her soft touch.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by lagcity(m): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Penuelseun:
But those male nurses 4 gyneocology dey enjoy o, imagine free access to view different colours & shapes of kitten in 3D

really? eewww! undecided undecided
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by boraborababy: 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
new2020:
If you want to be emasculated, then be a Male Nurse. Why not put the same effort and a little more to be a Doctor?
You are quite ignorant. Do you think doctors are more important than nurses?
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by innocent1981: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
I like female nurses
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by pboiskinpy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
Lilphillips:

so u dey see that thing? But that chelsea nurse is so beautiful, if i be chelsea i go dey fake injury so dat i'll her soft touch.

Lolsss. ..bros u no well
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by lezz(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
Larow:
now I can see how myopic you are! The fact that u have no1 to enlighten u about female soldiers does not mean they don't go for real battle. Take your time and make more research before you talk. Moreover! You can say anything you so wish to say but I'll love to inform you that my fat salary is flowing in monthly and its not really my fault dear! My intelligence got me to this level! If u think its dat easy, tell any of ur sisters to study the course since men from ur side are forbidden to and let's see the outcome!
man,you talk as if your mouth is p.ü.s.s.ý!

I never knew i was even talking with a male nurse....*spits*
you mal-adjusted, testosterone-deficient ,sociopath.

You're a b.i.t.ç.h in male form.
Your fat salary? You're even suffering from low self-esteem and identity crisis. Who asked you if you make 2 million a month being a woman.

It's your problem. And i bet you parade yourself more as a doctor than a nurse.

You little-minded, frustrated, doctor-wanna-be.

Captain of the s.t.üp.i.d,
shaft in the whirlwind of the times,
wuzzbag with an ill-formed gender organs.

Go clean up your patients, nursy.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
boraborababy:

You are quite ignorant. Do you think doctors are more important than nurses?

That's a very stu$pid question.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by lezz(m): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=Larow post=28101528]we shouldn't have a female soldier if that's the case! Grow
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by lezz(m): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
[qu
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by THUNDER4real(m): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
new2020:

That's a very stu$pid question.
It's not a stupid question, they are both important at the same level with pharmacist, lab. Scientist. They can't do without the other. This is one of the mark JOHESU is trying to make by going on strike and showing how important they are. Furthermore, most Nigerians has myopic way of reasoning especially in NL, Some people will say If other health workers like, let them go on strike that Drs can do without them. If you have that mentality you better change it, because in every hospital, The Drs, Nurses, pharmacist etc are all important at the same level.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Larow(m): 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
lezz:

Your fat salary? You're even suffering from low self-esteem and identity crisis. Who asked you if you make 2 million a month being a woman.

now I c u are really malnurished! Pointless wasting valuable time answering u. Hopeless A.bo.ki. Gudbye
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by lezz(m): 11:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
Larow:
now I c u are really malnurished! Pointless wasting valuable time answering u. Hopeless A.bo.ki. Gudbye
bye, faggy f.a..ot.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by gboly3190(m): 5:55am On Nov 18, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

24 hours a day/ 7 days a week? How many days off do you have in a month ? I know nurses who work for only 18 days out of 30 days in Nigeria.
I work for 15 days in a month, I meant that I can do my job 24hrs a day cos it it gives me a lot of joy
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 18, 2014
lezz:

to think that you may not even be earning up to half of his salary or you may not even pass Nursing Exams and you are just spewing rubbish!!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by lezz(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2014
Osahon7:
to think that you may not even be earning up to half of his salary or you may not even pass Nursing Exams and you are just spewing rubbish!!

mouth fart is what your opinion is worth!!!
What has salary got to do with it ?
This is a faceless forum where fools and depleted-ego m.ö.röns earn a million a month.

What's the hustles about nursing exams?
Is it rocket science ?

And what has the difficulties of entrance qualification in a specific field got to do with its suitability for the sexes ? And since when has nursing became one of the hotly pursued courses or jobs for males ? Hmn!

*****sniffs***** I can smell your faggotry across this platform. pervert pleaser!!!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Emperorking20(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2014
[quote author=lezz post=28107884][/quote]
Simple! Although the haters still won't get u!

IN OTHER NEWS

Thanks a lot to you all who voted for me/Emperorking20 at the elimination rounds of the contest of the MR NL contest.. You got me where I am today.. I'm grateful. grin

Pls REMEMBER TO VOTE for me for MR NL today And Wednesday, 18th and 19th Nov, Time: 10am-5pm Daily..
Give me a chance good people, I need your votes embarassed , and they count grin..

Here's the link to the voting thread:- https://www.nairaland.com/2001693/mr-nairaland-december-2014-eliminations#28111479

Thanks alot

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Nursy(f): 10:53am On Nov 18, 2014
What did my moniker do to u quote author=lezz post=28107198] man,you talk as if your mouth is p.ü.s.s.ý!

Go clean up your patients, nursy.[/quote]
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by mahteens: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Appswheel:
I hope those concerned will make valuable contribution to this post. Thats the only way intending male nurses can learn, it is for this reason i founded www..com - to provide career information from experienced professsionals from all fields of endeavour to young ones who want to take on such, similar career path. If you are a secondary school leaver or an undergradate i invite you to visit www..com if you are a graduate and have garnered alot of experience in your field i invite you to contribute to the content on knowbase.

May I appeal to NL users not to make unnecessary jokes of important posts that are intended for valuable comments from experienced professionals.Its not compulsory to comment on every post.

1 Share

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by YourCrush: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
christejames:
Should i comment? embarassed
See d way u r disgracing UNN
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by christejames(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
YourCrush:
See d way u r disgracing UNN
how am I disgracing UNN, Mr upright?
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by MrCork: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2014
Harmony222:
Often and often i hear people say Nursing as a profession is for the female gender and not fitted for males, i came across a topic online where i saw different critics hauling on male nurses calling them ''murse'' funny name though, and some male nurses often say they are not allowed and often discredited my female patients when they are being assigned to them most especially GYNECOLOGY and . So i want other male nurses to share their ideas and experience so as those intending to become a male nurse someday would learn of the trending difficulties(if theres any) and how to overcome such......Female nurses comment are also welcomed here, lets know how you feel about male nurses.....

...huh?...male nurse?...bro how long u beeen g@y? (no oofeensece) angry

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Female Soldier Who Passed Through 'hell' To Become An Army Officer Shares Photos / Tony Elumelu Of UBA Graduated With Third Class? / Colonel SJ Dibal, The Commanding Officer Of First Nigerian All Female Battalion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.