Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor (3527 Views)

Anambra Central: Appeal Court Ruling Has Vindicated Me – Sen Chris Ngige / Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Photos: Senators Chris Ngige, Ararume Visit To Congratulate Rochas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
Emmanuela Onwuegbusi wrote:

Dr. Chris Ngige is not fit to become the Governor of Anambra State.
As a woman, I do not think that any sensible person should vote for him. What did he do to us?

1. Ngige was relieved of his certificate to practice medicine because he carried out abortion.
2. He legalized abortion in Anambra State
3. As a Governor, he made one Ego from Umuebo kindred of Agbaja village in Abatete pregnant. She died while procuring abortion in the USA. It was Okey Muo Aroh, from Abatete that helped to convey her corpse to Nigeria. Ngige was compelled to perform a ceremony called Ikpu Alu in Abatete (cleansing of abomination). Today, he cannot visit Abatete.
4. The story of how he separated from his wife because of going after girls is no longer news.
Culled from Daily Champion, February 4, 2010
Group Petitions the Pope against Ngige
Hours to the Anambra State gubernatorial election, a group that goes by the name, Human Rights Guard has petitioned the Pope against the past actions of Dr. Chris Ngige adducing reasons while the Church should not support him.
In a letter by the group addressed to Pope Benedict XVI through the Papal Embassy in Abuja and signed by Dr. Michael Nwokedi , which was copied to the Catholic Archbishop of Onitsha, Most Rev. Valarian Okeke; the Catholic Bishop of Awka, Most Rev. Simon Okafor; the Catholic Bishop of Nnewi, Most Rev. Hilary Odili Okeke; the Catholic Auxiliary Bishop of Awka; Most Rev. Paulinus Ezeokafor and the and the Emeritus Archbishop of Onitsha, Most Rev. Albert Obiefuna, the group raised two moral issues against Ngige. Their letter reads:

“We write to thank you for the leadership you are offering to the world in morals and religious issues. We write you with the greatest sense of responsibility and in the belief that you are the last resort on the issue under reference - the legalization of abortion in Anambra State and the bad moral example- swearing-in in a shrine- that some of those who are threatening to lead us are guilty of.

We want to respectfully introduce Anambra State to your Holiness before we go into the issue in contention. Anambra State is one among the thirty-six States in Nigeria . It is the home State of Francis Cardinal Arinze . The State has three Dioceses of the Catholic Church: Onitsha , Awka and Nnewi. It has the highest concentration of Christians and Catholics in the country.

In 2003, the election to choose who would govern the State was rigged in favour of Dr. Chris Ngige. Through perseverance the actual winner of that election, Mr. Peter Obi was returned by the courts of the land.

When Dr. Chris Ngige illegally and immorally occupied the seat, he committed a lot of atrocities that were unbecoming of a true Christian. Besides visiting shrines, he caused to be passed by the State House of Assembly, into law, the Bill legalizing abortion in the State known as Reproductive Rights Law.

It is regrettable, Your Holiness, to note that while he was doing all these, he was compensated by the Church by being made a Knight of the Catholic Church.

We believe sincerely that the Church and pious as well as the civil society should work hand in hand to promote the values they share together, such as the respect for human rights and the preservation of the sanctity of life by guarding against any act that will promote acts geared towards the killing of lives whether at foetal stage.

Your Holiness, from the little that we know about the Church’s stand, we are convinced we share the same views with her, which is rooted in the Bible and the teachings of the Fathers.

We are aware that the Catholic Church has long opposed all forms of artificial birth control and abortion. Moral and philosophical grounds of the opposition can be traced back to the fathers and doctors of the Church - St. Jerome , John Chrysostom, Epiphnius of Salamis, Augustine, Lactantus, Hippolytus, Clement of Alexandria etc, who condemned any and all means of frustrating the natural “end” of the procreative act.

In modern times the Catholic Church’s hostility has been made explicit in a series of Papal encyclicals, including Casti Cannubi (“On Chaste Marriage”) of Pope Pius XII; Humanae Vitae (“On Human Life”) of Pope Paul VI; Evangelium Vitae ( “The Gospel Of Life”) of Pope John Paul II. The Catholic case against abortion cannot be expressed better than in the words of Pope Pius XII: “The unborn child is a human being in the same degree and by the same title as its mother. Moreover, every human being, even the child in its mother’s womb, receives its right to life directly from God, not from its parents, nor from any human society or authority. Innocent human life, in whatever condition it is found, is immuned from the very moment of its existence, to any direct deliberate attack. The life of an innocent human being is inviolable, and any direct assault or aggression on it violates one of those fundamental laws without which it is impossible for human beings to live safely in society.”

Having taken the foregoing into consideration, it is condemnable that Dr. Chris Ngige, a Catholic knight who legalized abortion in his State is still courted by some officials of the Church. Why can’t our clergy take a clue from what happened in America, how Archbishop Charles Chaput, archbishop of Denver and Bishop Joseph F. Martino, of the Diocese of Scranton, among others refused Mr. Joe Biden, the Vice President of America communion because of his stand on abortion.

We believe that the Church should be more vocal in the promotion of Christian virtues by dealing decisively with her members that refuse to abide by the teachings of the Church, especially while in public service.

The man under reference was reported to have also visited one shrine in our State called Ogwugwu Akpu where he swore, thus telling us that he was not a Christian in the right meaning of the word.

We appeal to his Holiness to direct Dr Ngige’s local ordinary, Archbishop Valerian Maduka Okeke of the Archdiocese of Onitsha; the Bishop of the capital city of Awka, Bishop Simon Okafor and his Auxiliary, Bishop Paulinus Ezeokafor to furnish Your Holiness with the true state of the report we are humbly bringing before your holy seat. We believe that the strong stand of the Church in matters like this will discourage others from taking a similar line of action.”

Tell me the justification for such a man becoming a Governor?
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by gratiaeo(m): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
I don't care what they told pope and what's his response, truth remains that Ngige is not the messiah.
We don't want crisis again in Anambra state, we can't withstand burning down of media houses, government houses etc.
We need an industrialist, somebody who will move Anambra state to the next level Obi has completed where Ngige stopped from road taring
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by NnamdiN: 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
didnt read. Ngige all the way. The road to my compound is tarred.(same road annie okonkwo couldnt use his influence to fix) Thatz all.

7 Likes

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by ifyalways(f): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ngige for now.
*goes back to my broom distribution contract*

3 Likes

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by gratiaeo(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
ifyalways: Ngige for now.
*goes back to my broom distribution contract*
Selfish fellow
Lol @ broom distribution contract
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by DerideGull(m): 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
Incompetent Efulefu
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by egift(m): 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ngige all the way. God bless Anambra State.

2 Likes

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by fatherab1: 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
Up Ngige, Up APC

3 Likes

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by hardywaltz(m): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
I have always wondered what happened to Ngige's medical practise. Its rearly talked about.
Anyway Ngige neva had my vote.

2 Likes

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by ifebosco: 8:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
yes ngige most win anambra

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by DerideGull(m): 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
hardywaltz: I have always wondered what happened to Ngige's medical practise. Its rearly talked about.
Anyway Ngige neva had my vote.

Dude is very incompetent even in looting.

3 Likes

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2013
DerideGull: Incompetent Efulefu
Is this necessary? angry

Ngige all the way!! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by madamoringo(f): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
berem: Is this necessary? angry

Ngige all the way!! cool

I hope you are not wasting your MB to respond to dede1 that will go down as an unsung, bitter old man! He will never even be on the roll call for LG councillor, he will never be an author, an inventor or publisher. When his miserable life is done, even the soil will not keep a trace of his bigoted bones.

4 Likes

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
madam_oringo:

I hope you are not wasting your MB to respond to dede1 that will go down as an unsung, bitter old man! He will never even be on the roll call for LG councillor, he will never be an author, an inventor or publisher. When his miserable life is done, even the soil will not keep a trace of his bigoted bones.
LOL! grin
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by 1025: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
@oge101,
with all what you have written above about ngige, i can't help but conclude that ngige is just a saint compared to other politicians in nigeria.
please go back to work, get us more and more facts to bring this man down because hhe is still winning at the moment. u need to work harder with your evidence.
Ngige is the man.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
1025: @oge101,
with all what you have written above about ngige, i can't help but conclude that ngige is just a saint compared to other politicians in nigeria.
please go back to work, get us more and more facts to bring this man down because hhe is still winning at the moment. u need to work harder with your evidence.
Ngige is the man.

I did not write all that. It was written by someone who is passionate about change and I am also passionate about change so I decided to share it and hope like minds will relate to it.
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by babslamin: 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Anambra is the best instance of a leviathan, where crude warlords, ill trained money bags godfathers held sway, he can do it better. This time around, no godfather nor Abuja commandos. Tested & Trusted.
The Uba's will milk the state resources dry, Obiano is nothing but a robot been controled.
Ngige remain the only independent well trusted candidate..
APC Kwenu! Anambra Kwenu! Nigeria Kwenu!

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Ikpewe: 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
ifebosco: yes ngige most win anambra
for ur senseless mine
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by malc619(m): 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
UP Ngige!!

Up APC!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2013
I find it hard to believe that people are blinded by their selfish interest. How can people after reading this post still insist that he is the best candidate so far. At least think it over, analyze the issue. Its so disappointing that some people do not even read it but just post and say Nigige all the way.
May God help us
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by iphy42: 8:45am On Sep 29, 2013
oge101: I find it hard to believe that people are blinded by their selfish interest. How can people after reading this post still insist that he is the best candidate so far. At least think it over, analyze the issue. Its so disappointing that some people do not even read it but just post and say Nigige all the way.
May God help us

What proof do you have to back your claims?
How do I know that this story of yours is not fabricated?
Don't you think that Ngige's precedents spoke and still speaks for him in Anambra state? (he brought real developments to Anambra in his short tenure).
Hinging his crime on abortion is highly sentimental. People commit abortion every day even though it is against the law.
Is there even a politician who is a saint? People usually settle for the lesser evil.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 29, 2013
iphy42:

What proof do you have to back your claims?
How do I know that this story of yours is not fabricated?
Don't you think that Ngige's precedents spoke and still speaks for him in Anambra state? (he brought real developments to Anambra in his short tenure).
Hinging his crime on abortion is highly sentimental. People commit abortion every day even though it is against the law.
Is there even a politician who is a saint? People usually settle for the lesser evil.

He brought development and in the process put Anambra in debt. Yeah I understand. Way to go Ngige. He is not the lesser of any evil. I shake my head
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by ifyalways(f): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2013
gratiaeo:
Selfish fellow
Lol @ broom distribution contract
Na you sabi. No time for time cheesy
We will sweep away all evil men that have no plans for our State come November. Enyi, have you got your broom? tongue

Up Ngige !
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by ik4life: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2013
I use to support ngige,but as days goes by it is becoming obvious that he is nothing but a typical nigerian politician who comes during election to make promise and try his luck if he will win or not;can you imagine 1 person contesting all the election that was organized in anambra state since 2003,he contested in 2003,2007,2010,2011 and now 2013 while he is presently in the senate,why must it be only him all the time ?,why can't he bring out another person and urge people to support the person since he is already in the senate? This and many questions are what disturbs me about him

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
I don't understand. Why is it a crime that he legalized abortion? Is that to women's advantage or disadvantage? In the absence of Soludo I'm voting Ngige even though I don't like his party. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by biafranqueen: 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
oge101: I find it hard to believe that people are blinded by their selfish interest. How can people after reading this post still insist that he is the best candidate so far. At least think it over, analyze the issue. Its so disappointing that some people do not even read it but just post and say Nigige all the way.
May God help us
so the best is a man that bankruptcy is his accomplishment that is a disappointment, we know that your chosen candidate has proven that he can not manage funds for his own company but you want us to vote for him. I would rather vote for the puppet and his master that has done more for our state, somebody that has proven that he understands debt management. Not somebody that is calling himself a doctor because of a Honorary degree AKA donate to a school get a degree, he is already deceiving people with PHD but the truth is never hidden to those who have eyes and want to see.
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by biafranqueen: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
ik4life: I use to support ngige,but as days goes by it is becoming obvious that he is nothing but a typical nigerian politician who comes during election to make promise and try his luck if he will win or not;can you imagine 1 person contesting all the election that was organized in anambra state since 2003,he contested in 2003,2007,2010,2011 and now 2013 while he is presently in the senate,why must it be only him all the time ?,why can't he bring out another person and urge people to support the person since he is already in the senate? This and many questions are what disturbs me about him
I'm telling you why can't we reason well?
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
biafranqueen: so the best is a man that bankruptcy is his accomplishment that is a disappointment, we know that your chosen candidate has proven that he can not manage funds for his own company but you want us to vote for him. I would rather vote for the puppet and his master that has done more for our state, somebody that has proven that he understands debt management. Not somebody that is calling himself a doctor because of a Honorary degree AKA donate to a school get a degree, he is already deceiving people with PHD but the truth is never hidden to those who have eyes and want to see.

Let me ask you an honest question, excluding his bankruptcy that people seem to use all the time, what else has Ifeanyi Ubah done. He had a Phd, which he received as an honorary degree, which if you ask me I see it as an achievement.
What about the things he has done, I mean the good, He saved the Igbos during the Ladipo Square incident, He helped Nigerian that were detained in chinese prison and brought them back home, during the crisis in the north, he provided transportation for Igbo corp members and brought them back to the east, this is just to mention a few.
After all is Dangote not in debt?

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by gratiaeo(m): 12:28am On Sep 30, 2013
oge101:

Let me ask you an honest question, excluding his bankruptcy that people seem to use all the time, what else has Ifeanyi Ubah done. He had a Phd, which he received as an honorary degree, which if you ask me I see it as an achievement.
What about the things he has done, I mean the good, He saved the Igbos during the Ladipo Square incident, He helped Nigerian that were detained in chinese prison and brought them back home, during the crisis in the north, he provided transportation for Igbo corp members and brought them back to the east, this is just to mention a few.
After all is Dangote not in debt?
Truly that man is a good but not to govern Anambra state
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by donphilopus: 1:41am On Sep 30, 2013
Forget about that, some People are worse than him. All i know is that he's my candidate and he's been declared the Winner by the Most High
Re: Why Chris Ngige Should Not Be The Next Governor by DerideGull(m): 5:25am On Sep 30, 2013
madam_oringo:

madam_oriagho

It will be compliment if I call you a colorful deceit. Only foolish pontificators would dabble into what a destiny holds for each individual. It is an insult for low life such as you to think of me as a LG councilor. Thank goodness your foolish wishes are not those of our creators because my life endeavors have surpassed being author, inventor or publisher.

If the soil did not keep a trace of Obafami Awolowo’s bigoted bones, I should not worry about my bigoted bones. However, if you ever thought well about the tribally bigoted icon such as Obafemi Awolowo, the silly joke is on your barren self.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Distrust In The Camp of APC As Ngige and Tinubu Falls Apart / History Has Been Made In Taraba State / Man Is Kidnapped And Raped At Gun Point By 3 Women In South Africa!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.