Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Are Accidented Cars Really Bad Deals? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Accidented Cars Really Bad Deals? (1352 Views)

Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? / Nigerians Should Say No To Accidented Cars / Accidented Cars From Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Accidented Cars Really Bad Deals? by blackky23(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2008
A car that is involve in an accidents doesnt really mean that the car is bad deal, some accident are very minor while some are very major, but your dealer should be able to tell you the truth abt the history of the car, for you to know how much the car is worth, most accident cars shouldnt be expensive, because the car has been devalued, you should be able to bargain and buy it cheaper than a car with clean history.

This assembly men should make a law, that its a CRIME[i][/i] to sell salvage cars to you a buyer without informing the buyer, the assembly men are not doing thier jobs, am sure if someone bring this up in the house this bill will be dead on arrival because the car delearship will bribe the assembly men to kill this bill, but at the end of the day who suffers, ofcourse the citizens.

My advice, if you identify that a car was wreck or the milage was turn down and you still like the car and your mechanic certifies that the car is good and road worthy, you may go ahead and get the car, but you will bargain with your delear to sell it to you cheap because of the bad history.
Re: Are Accidented Cars Really Bad Deals? by Ivvie: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2008
`
Re: Are Accidented Cars Really Bad Deals? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2008
Not necessarilly.

A well repared accident-damaged car can sometimes be a better buy than a non-damaged one.
As long as details of the damage / repair are not concealed from prospective buyers, there's nothing wrong in purchasing.
Re: Are Accidented Cars Really Bad Deals? by Ivvie: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2008
`
Re: Are Accidented Cars Really Bad Deals? by ziontrain: 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2008
I don't see much wrong in buying accidented car provided there is FULL disclosure. This is the key. Personally, I will not buy it because ascertaining FULL disclosure is always an issue particularly with we Nigerians. I always try to play for safety so my advice is stay away from accidented car.
Re: Are Accidented Cars Really Bad Deals? by Ivvie: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2008
`

(1) (Reply)

Kia Optima Vs Toyota Camry / Your Opinion On Danfo Business / No More Need For Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.