Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices (9300 Views)

Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage / 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps / Mtn New Mobile Internet Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices by thundey95(m): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
As many people are now using Android phones more than before at least since Tecno Mobile is producing the cheapest Android phones, there are many tips, tricks, tweaks thats available on android devices and you only get the best if you always connect to the internet. But unlike BlackBerry phones where you can subscribe to BIS and use it to browse the internet. Android devices rely on available internet data on or wifi connection to surf the web. But because of many services and or apps that depends on data to run either foreground or background made volume of data consumption on android devices very high. I can bet my last dollar that a 50 megabytes of data wont last a day if you're addicted or adapted to the internet. But there is workarounds or tips you can implement to be off the hook of wasting your money on data plan to browse.

1. RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA FOR APPS
As i'd already mentioned that there are many background processes that sucks up data and the worst part is that many of these apps doesn't really need to use data or doesn't necessary. App will run in the background to check for updates, refresh and do all sort of unconcerned processes that will suck up all your data in a blink of eye, does that worth wasting of data over? This how to restrict apps from running in the background. Head over to settings>data usage>scroll down to select the app>click on it and mark restrict background data>press ok to
confirm your selection..

DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATE APPS
By default settings any apps you installed on you devices has been set to automatically update and this process will consume lotta data. You can disable this in Play settings go to playstore>tap the menu button>click on settings>unchecked auto-update apps>

3. LIMIT BACKGROUND PROCESSES
You can also limit the amount of background processes your phone can carry out, there by reduce the amount of meg. Consume when apps is running in the background. Go to settings>developer
options>scroll down under apps tab, then click
on background process limit>then select your
desired process limit.

4. OFF YOUR DATA WHEN YOU DONT USE IT
You dont need to turn on your data when you dont use it, dont leave it for the tiger apps that love to kill and eat data to do their cruel work. Always turn it off when you dont use it!

5. USE BETTER BROWSER AND CHANGE BROWSER SETTINGS TO SAVE DATA
Opera mini has proven to be one the best mobile browser, with opera mini as your browser there is no need to worry much about high data consumption, you can even turn off loading of images to save data and also for faster loading.
You can read more about this tips and view screen shots with detailed guide on www.kulhead.com/2013/09/how-to-minimize-internet-data.html.

All the above above tips are tested and trusted, you can let me know if you need more tips, feel free to share this with your friends to save them from cruel data consumption bon their android phones.

2 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices by rammytt(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ok ooo
Re: How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices by cardoso111(m): 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
What do I do to this Data usageusage warning on my Gal tab?
Re: How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices by Asabaman(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
thanks o jaree
Re: How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices by thundey95(m): 11:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
cardoso111: What do I do to this Data usageusage warning on my Gal tab?
I dont get your question?
Re: How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices by didfy: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2013
Kool. I used them all when am using the Daily BB

(1) (Reply)

Mtn's New 2k For 3.75gig And 1k For 1.5gig / MTN 500mb Bundle / TECNO Camon CX Vs Phantom 6: Speed Test, Camera & Gaming Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.