Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

how do you remember your late parent(s)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / how do you remember your late parent(s)? (721 Views)

What Would You Remember Your Father For? / What Will You Remember Your Mother For? / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

how do you remember your late parent(s)? by kendraloops(f): 8:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
For me, there are soooo many fond memories I have of my late father. I remember the way he used to cover me up at night after I must have kicked my blanket away as per troublesome sleeper.
I used to feel a special kind of warmth whenever he did this for me so much so that I purposely pull away my blanket most of the time.
Also, my dad was damn damn good in the kitchen. I can't ever forget the yam porridge he cooked for me once when I was ill nor his superbly fried eggs. I can go on and on and on.

Share yours let's remember our special one(s).

1 Like

Re: how do you remember your late parent(s)? by RAPMAN02(m): 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
he keeps any promise he makes...

1 Like

Re: how do you remember your late parent(s)? by Meringe(m): 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2013
His vision, words of wisdom, oratory and convincing power in favor our needs and any problem that comes our way. His sense of humor. His embarrassment when he expects you to learn and understand fast. His neat style of living. As a leader, I hardly lost touch with events around then but now I hardly know what's happening around me.
RIP AAA.

1 Like

Re: how do you remember your late parent(s)? by kendraloops(f): 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
Meringe: His vision, words of wisdom, oratory and convincing power in favor our needs and any problem that comes our way. His sense of humor. His embarrassment when he expects you to learn and understand fast. His neat style of living. As a leader, I hardly lost touch with events around then but now I hardly know what's happening around me.
RIP AAA.
Wow! He had some really admirable qualities. Hope u took after him o, lol. Rip AAA.

1 Like

Re: how do you remember your late parent(s)? by Meringe(m): 7:28am On Sep 29, 2013
kendraloops:
Wow! He had some really admirable qualities. Hope u took after him o, lol. Rip AAA.
Yes, I took after my dad but I stammer but he was eloquent and straight. But in other aspect, I am him still living to my siblings, friends and other people.
Most times when I talk, walk, sing, sit, inshort. whatever I do, they see my dad in me but when I look at myself I barely see them but people always comment abt it.
Imagine my mom and siblings started calling me by my fathers name,even our neighbors have join d train. So funny!
Re: how do you remember your late parent(s)? by kendraloops(f): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
@meringe
Frm ur words, I can feel d love u had 4 ur dad. He must av been really special. Hope ur not missin him too much. Its a debt we all owe.

1 Like

Re: how do you remember your late parent(s)? by bennysucre(f): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lovely thread.
I miss u daddy. He taught me never to depend on man but God n myself. Taught me to be content with what I've got. I remember how he used to cuddle me esp when visitors were around. He taught me how to read n all.
He was the complete package in short. Love u always Dad!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be Real Marriage? / My Pet Dog, Dialo. / At What Age Is It Right To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.