Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Wordpress Website - Your Views. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Website - Your Views. (584 Views)

[ONLY] Bloggers With Less Than 15,000 Views? Daily Add Ur URL Let Me Help / How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel / Air Your Views On This One... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Website - Your Views. by databoy247(m): 12:55am On Sep 29, 2013
Having some free time, i decided to re-work on my business website. I did some few customizations so it looks a bit different even if its a wordpress site (i just have a thing for wordpress). Although its still being worked on, you can tell me what you think... undecided

www.myprova.com
Re: Wordpress Website - Your Views. by databoy247(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2013
I just did some adjustments again, you can check it now.
Re: Wordpress Website - Your Views. by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
There are few things you should note. On the home page, the big banner has button that says 'Book Now' but it's not clickable. That is a bad user experience because a user will want to click it since it's a call to action button.

The three small images on the home page should not fade upon hover and they shouldn't have pointer as a cursor. What is the point since the images are not clickable and even if they are clicked, not happens. Then why give a user an impression that something will happen if they click on the images by making the images fade when hovered. The promo image should be saved with png format not gif. It looks oily in the eyes. You should also give it some bottom margin.

The facebook plugin you used is normally used for blogging or news websites not a business or corporate website. Again, i dont see why the pages should have the 7 social media icons asking a user to 'share and enjoy'. Share and enjoy what? Your business website page or a blog post?

Portfolio page is usually done with a screenshot of the web pages you have designed. What you have there is like some bunch of paragraphs, which a user may not be impressed to read. But if he sees a screenshot, he will be enticed to read about a particular screenshot that appeals to him.

When a user is on other pages, the drop down menu doesnt show again. On the web hosting page under the two plans table, why use red color to write about what your business is set to offer as if you are giving a user a warning?

Your logo is not sharp. And the name you used to save it is just funny. It's not good for seo. You shouldn't save a small image as logo with jpg. Use png format in order to get a better quality.

Why will a user have to click on the 'get quote' before he sees the team page, which is even encrypted with a word 'outsource'. About the team should be part of a drop down menu of About us link.

This is your website, there is no point saying, 'designed and coded by myprova.com'.

The website is one of the simplest wordpress themes, and so you must make it to be responsive.

Why make the client partners image a link to your url? There is no point. And it should come last on the web page before footer.

There are few other things, which I dont have time to point out. But overall, you should try to understand about user experience, color theory and aestheticism.

Cheers.
Re: Wordpress Website - Your Views. by databoy247(m): 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
Wow, minor details i didnt notice.

GraphicsPlus: There are few things you should note. On the home page, the big banner has button that says 'Book Now' but it's not clickable. That is a bad user experience because a user will want to click it since it's a call to action button.
fixed.

GraphicsPlus:
The facebook plugin you used is normally used for blogging or news websites not a business or corporate website. Again, i dont see why the pages should have the 7 social media icons asking a user to 'share and enjoy'. Share and enjoy what? Your business website page or a blog post?
fixed

GraphicsPlus:

When a user is on other pages, the drop down menu doesnt show again. On the web hosting page under the two plans table, why use red color to write about what your business is set to offer as if you are giving a user a warning?

Your logo is not sharp. And the name you used to save it is just funny. It's not good for seo. You shouldn't save a small image as logo with jpg. Use png format in order to get a better quality.

fixed

GraphicsPlus:
Why will a user have to click on the 'get quote' before he sees the team page, which is even encrypted with a word 'outsource'. About the team should be part of a drop down menu of About us link.

This is your website, there is no point saying, 'designed and coded by myprova.com'.

The website is one of the simplest wordpress themes, and so you must make it to be responsive.
fixed.

Thanks for your insight. Will work on the rest when i have some free time again. I cant believe i missed those details however small they were. cool
Re: Wordpress Website - Your Views. by yawatide(f): 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
I get "error establishing connection"
Re: Wordpress Website - Your Views. by databoy247(m): 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
yawa-ti-de:

Server migration. Working now.

(1) (Reply)

How I Registered A Domain Name For Just N158.32 ($0.98) / I Want To Sell My Site / Build An Adsense Niche Website In Seconds With This Desktop Adsense Site Builder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.