Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. (5175 Views)

How To Code A Calculator Using Php / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format / How To Create A Simple Calculator Using Java Programing Language GUI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by csharpjava(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
logica:
From same Wikipedia:
So which is which? Only those who then went to a proper university can tell which is which. So which university did you graduate from? And what was your major?

So you cannot differentiate between the two sections 'Basic pocket calculator layout' and 'Internal workings'

Internal workings has this to say:
In general, a basic electronic calculator consists of the following components:
"Permanent memory (ROM) - The instructions for in-built functions (arithmetic operations, square roots, percentages, trigonometry etc.) are stored here in binary form. These instructions are "programs" stored permanently and cannot be erased."
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by logica(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
csharpjava:

So you cannot differentiate between the two sections 'Basic pocket calculator layout' and 'Internal workings'

Internal workings has this to say:
In general, a basic electronic calculator consists of the following components:
"Permanent memory (ROM) - The instructions for in-built functions (arithmetic operations, square roots, percentages, trigonometry etc.) are stored here in binary form. These instructions are "programs" stored permanently and cannot be erased."
So in that layout of a basic calculator, did you see keys for trigonometry and other functions? Which takes us to, what kind of calculator is a JAMB calculator? Is it a basic calculator (without functions) or is it a scientific "calculator" that has various functions like trigonometry and number series, etc?

Again, which university did you finish from and what was your major?
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by csharpjava(m): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
logica: So in that layout of a basic calculator, did you see keys for trigonometry and other functions? Which takes us to, what kind of calculator is a JAMB calculator? Is it a basic calculator (without functions) or is it a scientific "calculator" that has various functions like trigonometry and number series, etc?

What that means is that from basic to advanced calculators all requires a:

1 Like

Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by logica(m): 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
csharpjava:

What that means is that from basic to advanced calculators all requires a:

Hahaha...WHAT UNIVERSITY DID YOU GRADUATE FROM, IF ANY? AND WHAT WAS YOUR MAJOR?
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by csharpjava(m): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
logica: Hahaha...WHAT UNIVERSITY DID YOU GRADUATE FROM, IF ANY? AND WHAT WAS YOUR MAJOR?

Ok I see why you've been asking this question, ASUU is on strike and you need someone to lecture you, in that case I can lecture you online till your university reopens.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by logica(m): 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
csharpjava:

Ok I see why you've been asking this question, ASUU is on strike and you need someone to lecture you, in that case I can lecture you online till your university reopens.
I am a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University and majored in Computer Engineering. How about you?
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by csharpjava(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
logica: Monkey, I am a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University and majored in Computer Engineering. How about you?

Why are you so bitter?

1 Like

Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by logica(m): 4:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
csharpjava:

Why are you so bitter?
You told me not to "talk about what I don't know about". Now I am making it clear who does not know what he's talking about. Once again, what university did you graduate from and what was your major? If you cannot answer, I will advise you steer clear from my posts forever.
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Javanian: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Please no insults.

Thank you grin

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by csharpjava(m): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
@logica

My enemies are the ones with mental problem.
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by CODEEATER(m): 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
Come... y Is it that Nairalanders lyk to insult person
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by skyfall: 12:15am On Oct 06, 2013
Csharpjava is correct. The BASIC calculator has a processor, a RAM & ROM. The computation is carried out by the processor.

Calling a fellow black man monkey is like insulting yourself, and doesn't speak well of the school you reportedly graduated from, or your family.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by wisemania(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
The BEAUTY about aguement is that the two parties will get to benefit from it...@logica,C#JAVA, and phenom i've learnt alot from you guys,and i know you guys have learnt from eachother aswell....but you guys should'nt take this aguement too far...@logica ife used to be my dream school but not anymore,but and am happy to have read your post as regards this subject,....Oba Awon University!
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
logica: Lol. There is NO code if it is a simple calculator. Simple logic gates/circuits are all it takes to implement trivial functions like basic math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
A basic+ knowledge of electronics engineeering shud clear that up... Logica' has eplanation shud giv a hint on watta google for. Cheers
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
logica: Lol. There is NO code if it is a simple calculator. Simple logic gates/circuits are all it takes to implement trivial functions like basic math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
A basic+ knowledge of electronics engineering shud clear that up... Logica's eplanation shud giv u a hint on watta google for. Cheers cool
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by HCpaul(m): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
Interesting and great.
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Finehotbro(m): 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
Seriously guys?i
Anyways just download pydroid3 and follow this instructions to build your own calculator
1)import kivy
2) import kivyApp
3) import Gridlayout
4) import config(to configure/adjust the window size)
5) Set minimum version(optional)
6) Create Layout class :
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Finehotbro(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
define Calculator function in it
: In this i am using try-catch because if any arithmetic
exception occur it will through the error

7) create App class
cool create .kv file (name same as the app class):
1) create buttons
2) Add the style to the buttons
3) Add fuctionalties of the button
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Finehotbro(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
9) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement)
10) Run an instance of the class
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Finehotbro(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
Implementation of the Approach:

main.py

# Program to create a calculator

# Program to Show how to create a switch
# import kivy module
import kivy
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Finehotbro(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
# base Class of your App inherits from the App class.
# app:always refers to the instance of your application
from kivy.app import App

# this restrict the kivy version i.e
# below this kivy version you cannot
# use the app or software
kivy.require('1.9.0')
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by omoluabiguy: 1:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Have you considered learning C# which is a top and highly demanded technology of the Microsoft .Net framework?

Subscribe to my channel and learn everything for free from the scratch till you become a pro. Follow me on a journey to create fullstack software engineers.
On top of that, I would also be making vlogs about life as a software engineer and things to expect in the software industry.

I’m a software industry veteran with years of experience and derive joy in teaching students and aspiring engineers how to go about their craft.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and watch my videos. You can thank me later by subscribing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw

You can as well join our Facebook community where we answer questions, discuss and share ideas about technologies
https://www./738709033333419/?ref=share
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Finehotbro(m): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
Whenever I write something MUCH in the posting box' the 'submit' button disappears
.�
SO I have to post the code gradually.
Posting the code gradually won't make enough sense��
Sorry guys I won't b pst d code.
But if you want d code;just feel free to DM me on messanger.
Text code and you'll get it automatically.
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Abuskid: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Interesting one, i have learnt alot... it also paves way for my research on the topic
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by alphatron(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
generally speaking a calculator is not a general purpose computer, in fact the first intel CPU the 4004 was created to be used as a calculator, until Intel realized it could be made as a general purpose CPU and programs to perform specific functions will be programmed into it. Technically the calculator is a computer, it is programmed using binary logic and some circuits that implement various logical functions eg shifters and adders etc. Most handheld calcs aren't written in high level Lang tho cos their fxn is specific.
Re: How Is The Code For A Calculator (hardware), Written Into It. by Runningwater(m): 11:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
logica:
Dude, there is no code. The first thing you learn as a computer science major is a basic calculator is not a computer. It is just an electronic device. Don't confuse the novice please.

I don't understand.... A computer is a device that accepts data, process data, store data and produce results. And you're still saying a calculator is not a computer? The oldest form of computer is an abacus ( a counting device that does simple operations like addition), pretty much a simple device and it's still called a computer.
A computer simply does calculations and that just what it does behind the scene nothing more. It seems modern form of computers have changed the view of what computers are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Csharp, Mvc, Jquery And More Tutorials Online / Pascal Program For Matrix Multiplication / Tools You Must Have To Start Programming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.