Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

3D Animation Programming Join The Team - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 3D Animation Programming Join The Team (10516 Views)

Electronic Money Project: Join The Team / Electronic Circuit Design And Construction-join The Team / Game Development: Join The Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
**yawn**
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by CODEEATER(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
I don't know image manipulation and this binary crap...I don't know a lot in physics even though am working on it...I don't know how to make a game...

Am the kinda guy that likes to think the unimaginable, I like creating ideas that can be either just brilliant or sound outrageously stupid,seriously u need to see the kinda stuff I can come up with...but when I saw this,. I Took a sec to imagine wat it'l be like,doz brief 10seconds felt good,but den I came back to reality...

My guy,this is NOT impossible... but its not GOING TO HAPPEN...

ok fine, u know ur way around a computer, understand how the thing really works,great 4 u,I envy that Cuz I don't have dat installed in my brain, but
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by CODEEATER(m): 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
Infact...buttom line... THE PROBABILITY OF YOU ACCOMPLISHING THIS IS LOWER THE THAT OF MY MUM WAKING UP 2MORO TO BUY A MAC BOOK FOR HERSELF...
#some one who finds it difficult to operate nokia touch light.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Djtm(m): 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Op, you can do it!! Don't mind what people here are saying. But first, you need to know what you're talking about. Then gather a team of badass programmers, mathematicians and physicists who also know what they're doing and have worked/walked in this line before physically and not on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by worldbest(m): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
CODE-EATER:
I don't know image manipulation and this binary crap...I don't know a lot in physics even though am working on it...I don't know how to make a game...

Am the kinda guy that likes to think the unimaginable, I like creating ideas that can be either just brilliant or sound outrageously stupid,seriously u need to see the kinda stuff I can come up with...but when I saw this,. I Took a sec to imagine wat it'l be like,doz brief 10seconds felt good,but den I came back to reality...

My guy,this is NOT impossible... but its not GOING TO HAPPEN...

ok fine, u know ur way around a computer, understand how the thing really works,great 4 u,I envy that Cuz I don't have dat installed in my brain, but

Oga just shut up already. The dude thought about something you think is impossible and has made attempts to bring it to life. Of all the unimaginable stuffs you think of, which one have you attempted? If you are able to convince yourself that a project will not succeed in just ten seconds then you might never become a creator or an inventor of something unique. Because you are mentally lazy. You lack the ability to focus and rethink a single idea till you know how to go about making it happen. Your head is everywhere thinking of multiple ideas and not doing anything. So shut up.

To everyone who is discouraging the OP, who the hell are you to question the OPs knowledge? IMO, if you have not done anything noteworthy, you have no moral right to bash someones knowledge and capability to develop something. Even if you have, screw you.

OP, you should pay no attention to this people, if no one joins you, take it up yourself. You may not succeed but you will always learn new things. I gained most of my knowledge from taking up "impossible" projects that I never completed.

Shameless people. The other guy talking about bitstream and hex. The bottom line till remains. All images are just 0s and 1s at the lowest of levels regardless of how they are put together.

5 Likes

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by csharpjava(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
worldbest:
OP, you should pay no attention to this people, if no one joins you, take it up yourself. You may not succeed but you will always learn new things. I gained most of my knowledge from taking up "impossible" projects that I never completed.

Thank you so much for your encouragement. There are a lot of new things we can learn from this project which I'm 99% sure we might be able to pull through. Imagine the amount of time I have been trying to convince these 'doubting Thomases' a lot could have been achieved. What the likes of PhenomenonVFX do not know is that memorizing a computer science text is not enough to come out with a workable software for making games or any other type of complex software, unless you are ready try things out as a team and get your hands dirty. They are just too comfortable with writing a 'Hello World Application' from a book and passing it on as their own.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Javanian: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Please no insults.

Thank you grin

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
LOL. I can see nairaland is filled with sycophants and praise singers who like to build castles in the sky.
Let me explain.
Bill Gates became what he is today not because he just woke up one day and started building Microsoft. Instead he had spent years programming on mainframe computers and he had acquired enough knowledge.
Bottom line is that he knew what he was doing. Simple.
If Bill Gates had woke up one morning and said "hey I am going to build the worlds fastest computer with a leaf", I am sure someone must have slapped the crazy out of him.

Any serious or sane man that wants to carry out a project should have enough knowledge about the project. I am electrical/electronics engineer, I have programmed and done projects with microcontrollers using assembly language. I have built electronic circuits with nothing but a soldering iron and a vero board, I have written programs with individuals and teams and I still do it now. I do 3D modeling and animation with Blender and I have written scripts to automate some 3D graphics works in Blender using Python. This thread is not about my ability. U dont wanna bring that into this discussion. Many of us talking here are not learners or novices. We are not haters.
We are just trying to encourage and advice him on the right way to do things. I have seen many men burn out in my day. And it was the advice I got from people that prevented me from burning out too.

When I want to work with someone, I seek two things: zeal and knowledge. The OP has one and he is grossly lacking the other. And as if that isnt enough. He is possesed by so much criminal dogmatism that he isnt able to change and improve. And his willful ignorance is showing in another thread on this same site where he is presently locked in an argument of ignorance with another nairalander.

I could have started my comments on this thread with ridicule. But instead I started with advice.
Ridicule only came when I discovered the OP's ignorance is stubbornly self-inflicted. Those of u singing his praise are not doing him any favours. Shame on you. It is evil to goad ur fellow man on senselessly when u know he has a lot to acquire before moving on.

Advice:
Most of us talking here are not visionless ungifted rascals. Some even have dreams bigger than the OP's and are well on the way to accomplishing them. You just wont hear them mouthing off online. We are only trying to feed the OP one of the ingredients for success.
For every Bill Gates, there are a thousand other failures.
For every beautiful Zuckerberg story, there are a thousand burnouts.

What sets people like Bill Gates apart is ability to learn and acquire more knowledge and adapt, zeal, hardwork and a bit of luck. And they do know what they are talking about.

Humour: I am sure they dont tell bald faced ignorant lies to pass themselves off as knowledgeable just like the OP did with that picture and the bits. grin

I have said my piece.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by worldbest(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
CODE-EATER:

If I should open my mouth and lay a course on u and ur generation unborn, not even t.b j would be able to erase it....

DID I TALK TO U?

DID I INSULT ANY BODY HERE SINCE?

I ONLY SAID WHAT THE THREAD OWNER WANTS TO DO IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE...

Y R NIGERIANS SO AFRAID OF ACCEPTING THE TRUTH.... LOOK MR MAN WETHR U LIKE IT OR NOT WEDA U INSULT ME OR NOT I WON'T STOP SAYING THE TRUTH...

WHAT U WANT TO DO IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

M not saying it's impossible, m just saying the likely hood of success is low...

I mean u r trying to create another 3D max here, have u been able to master the available 3d engines?.. am not saying am a pro, m not saying I even know how to create a 3d image but to pull of something like that u'l need more than just an idea n advanced programmers... OK let's say u do succeed n create a cool app, ask your self do u really think people would leave d likes of Maya,3d max,blender and unity that have been tested and trusted to come and use an app made by a group of geeky Nigerians?

I think not....

Look,am just saying, it might end being a waste of time...

Fine, I accept, u r gud innovator but just don't over dream...

And as 4 the foolish fool that insulted me 4 no reason, u r lucky am in a gud mood today.. u 4 carry curse follow body go house

Stop shouting. You are not making sense. I am more inclined to accept PhenomenonVFX arguments, but yours? You are just hating. You can try to insult me, that is if you know where to begin.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by logica(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Jezuz...I now see where this dude is coming from...what's the meaning of this mess here? grin

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by logica(m): 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
csharpjava: I want us to create an animation software more powerful than any other like Unity, for creating game's, our being able to accomplish this will help us to become world renowned game's programmers. We can create this in C#, Java or any other language we are comfortable with.

To start with here is an image, we need to split it up so that we can write codes that will join it together and then co-ordination its movement to make it walk across the screen.

Javanian: Why not something more realistic, like a game? undecided

This might not just be another fantasy project, Graphic/Animation engines involve more Physics and Mathematics than Programming. tongue

You mean, after reading that mess up there, you don't realize this dude has no clue what animation/rendering is about?

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Kennyinusa(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
Hello everyone, i just went through all the comments of everyone and its all getting emotional.
We have an OP that believe that nothing is impossible and then we have some able body pros who feels that this shit is almost basically impossible.

I think that maybe 2-3years from now, with a whole lot of bad assets jacking and all that shit, maybe our OP could now source for funds to startup something. Am not pros, but i don't need a confessor to believe that our OP has little knowledge of the various shit that it would takes; which he has done us the pleasure of attestating to.

I personally work with my team, even as a student i have a software startup(registered) and i also have goal. I have some outrageous goal or dreams but i would prefer to go by the old adage of BIT BY BIT or LITTLE BY LITTLE.
So i also believe that when it comes to the software development, everything is possible; yeah, everything is, but i can't say i wanna create an app that would rub shoulders with Facebook or say i just want to get lucky just like these instagram guys did. At least not without knowing what am talking about.

I would suggest that everybody that has made Mr OP felt bad with himself should apologise and the OP should re-examine his dream remodify it to savour the moment.
Mr OP is high on energy today, but the question is that would he be tomorrow, next month, year or probably next decade.
This shit requires dedication and a whole lot of cash, Mr OP could also learn on the Job but i would SUGGEST that Mr OP changes or remodify or give us a subset of this big dream, then maybe everybody would be interested.

Y'all should mind ma comment o, its because am on mobile.

Please o no curse, abuse o.
Thank y'all
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by csharpjava(m): 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
Too many unruly kids now running loose on this forum. I need to get out of this place quick.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Elvisten10(m): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
@phenom, its clear the op isn't taking your advice, its your duty now to keep quiet and wish him luck. Allow him to hit what you told him of and you might be there to tell him i told you so. opinions, decisions, choices are like assholes which every one is entitled to
@csharpjava, i love your energy. I wish i had a laptop i would have been doing projects like this and even crazier ones, not just to make them beat others but to learn. We share that in common, but the only thing i would never do is to reject advice without analyzing how authentic it is.
@code-eater, the op doesn't only want to beat my yansh (how i got the spelling), unity and others he also want to learn things doing it. Quit the war with worldbest.
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by csharpjava(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
@doubting Thomases

My research is going on well and nothing you say can stop me now. For your information I have found the Class and method in C# to set the color of an individual pixel in an image programmatically. More findings will follow soon as I progress with my research.

Csharpjava the next Bill Gates is in the making grin.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Javanian: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
@csharpjava please when you start the project let us know, i am willing to learn a thing or two. I plan on doing something like this but for now i don't think i have what it takes tongue. Also, i love the way you ignore the insults. cool

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
csharpjava: @doubting Thomases

My research is going on well and nothing you say can stop me now. For your information I have found the Class and method in C# to set the color of an individual pixel in an image programmatically. More findings will follow soon as I progress with my research.

Csharpjava the next Bill Gates is in the making grin.

cheesy

At first, I wanted to post this:

"Dude, pass me that stuff you smoking there" grin

But, I just love his enthusiasm and the Faith he has in "Nairaland Programmers"

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by csharpjava(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Javanian: @csharpjava please when you start the project let us know, i am willing to learn a thing or two. I plan on doing something like this but for now i don't think i have what it takes tongue. Also, i love the way you ignore the insults. cool

No problem Javanian, I will let you know once I have completed my research and start building the real engine. I will do my best to help you out with the areas you're interested in.

Don't worry about those unruly little kids running around here with their pampas, once I give them their dummy to play with they'll all be quiet.
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Elvisten10(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Enough of this, if you want to join the team show your interest with a comment. If you are not interested or don't like the OP seal lips and leave thread.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Ajibel(m): 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Erm, csharpjava,,, abeg e go good if u kukuma they update us here on ya discoveries via this thread. The only little knowledge of animation i have is with JS + HTML5... Animation isnt my thing for nau buh ur updates could rekindle my interest.

Fire on!!! grin
no insalts plss embarassed
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by csharpjava(m): 12:13am On Oct 06, 2013
Ajibel: Erm, csharpjava,,, abeg e go good if u kukuma they update us here on ya discoveries via this thread. The only little knowledge of animation i have is with JS + HTML5... Animation isnt my thing for nau buh ur updates could rekindle my interest.

Nice to have you on board. Once I have gathered enough information from my research I'll begin to post the codes here for us to work on together in order to improve on it.
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by CODEEATER(m): 7:09am On Oct 06, 2013
I really can't wait to see the outcome of this...

Success or failure...it was a made attempt, like the mumu said b4,non of my outrageous ideas have ever been put to light but,u get d courage... me i know my limits
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by csharpjava(m): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2013
@ Javanian, Ajibel and Others,

How good are you with writing codes to draw computer graphics, as we'll need to create objects that will draw graphics on the screen. Take the image below as an example, how good are you with drawing such images in code. We would need more advanced 3D drawings later and this will require knowledge of 3 dimensional arrays i.e. [ , , ] and [][][] for vector images.

Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by CODEEATER(m): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2013
csharpjava: @ Javanian, Ajibel and Others,

How good are you with writing codes to draw computer graphics, as we'll need to create objects that will draw graphics on the screen. Take the image below as an example, how good are you with drawing such images in code. We would need more advanced 3D drawings later and this will require knowledge of 3 dimensional arrays i.e. [ , , ] and [][][] for vector images.

Looks similar to webgl...

With some small threejs code,the below image can be reproduced..

But of course webgl is a different case all 2geda,abstract from your work.
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by csharpjava(m): 10:10am On Oct 06, 2013
CODE-EATER:

Looks similar to webgl...
With some small threejs code,the below image can be reproduced..
But of course webgl is a different case all 2geda,abstract from your work.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I would like us to work with a programming language only, so that we can write all the codes from scratch and also making use of the classes provided by that language. This will give us the underlying knowledge and skills needed to write a games engine and once we can write a games engine then writing complex games will became possible for us.
Re: 3D Animation Programming Join The Team by Javanian: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2013
I am willing to learn as the project goes on. I have no experience on this. Also, i have some knowledge of 3D Maths and 3D Physics, but its just theory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simple Programming Projects For Beginners / Is Decagon Worth It? / Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.