Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:42 PM

What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? (21748 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Females Putting On Trouser To Church:good/bad / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
asco15:
Do u tink GOD work wit numba? Even if is only 1 out of billion dat do d will of God, God will save dat 1 and destroy d rest. Remember Noah's time, do u knw d population of d world by den? Or do u 4get sodom and gomorah (a whole nation).
Some white men church dn't wear pants(trousers).
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Mikhaela: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
:O I had no idea wearing pants was actually an issue loool okay !
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by somegirl1: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
asco15: I will advise u 2 continue in dat church if ur heart desire is to go to heaven after life on earth.
Wearing of Trousers by women in general is a sin, cos it exposes the entire shape and size of a woman. Infact, it only covers the colour of the skin while it leave the woman naked.
Remember dat a woman's body shape and back-size is seductive 2 most men, wic makes it a sin.
Same wit oda ornaments. Read 1peter3:3, prov.16:25.

So, it's ok for "the entire shape and size" of a man to be "exposed"?
Do you not know a man's "body shape and back-size " (I believe you meant "side" ) "is seductive 2 most" women? "wic makes it a sin."

Why should men be allowed to walk around "unclad" and women not? you think we're not moved by looks?
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by cashkid18(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
hmmm

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Sunky200: 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
ITS WRONG
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Exponental(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
I dont see anything wrong in it. As long as she looks decent.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by free2ryhme: 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
asco15: I will advise u 2 continue in dat church if ur heart desire is to go to heaven after life on earth.
Wearing of Trousers by women in general is a sin, cos it exposes the entire shape and size of a woman. Infact, it only covers the colour of the skin while it leave the woman naked.
Remember dat a woman's body shape and back-size is seductive 2 most men, wic makes it a sin.
Same wit oda ornaments. Read 1peter3:3, prov.16:25.
but u will weaR jeans tRouser to woRk and shoRt knickers for exercise
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Lilimax(f): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
psucc: @ OP your attending that church today was never an accident. God purpose it that you be there. I pray the Spirit of the Living God may open your eyes beyond 'looking good'. Jesus is calling. Hear him that it may be well with your soul.
Me likey!
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by free2ryhme: 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Kikiani: what were u doing d previous day that u had 2be late 4 church?Maybe if u had worn the trouser decently,eyes wldnt roll..+ TROUSERS IN GENERAL ARE NOT STRICTLY MEN'S CLOTHING.WE HAVE FEMALE AND MALE TROUSERS.
help me tell those hypocRites oooo show me in the bible wherer a woman shld not weaR tRousers

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by pappilo(m): 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
It is not wrong/illegal/a sin but when going to a place of worship it is better to dress modestly. It wouldnt be illegal/a sin for a well endowed pastor to wear tight fitting lycra trousers which show all his wetin call in all its glory but it wont be modest. Looking at your pic, if you came into the church I am in with trousers on, that will be the end of the service for me because my mind will wander and I'll start to imagine the unspeakable.

I understand why muslims ask their women to pray at the back. Imagine a woman like Nicki Minaj doing asalatu in front of you during Friday prayers.....ojigbijigbijigbi!

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
I knelt down to pray and saw this.. I thank God i could still pray(grey jean) and remembered when o saw the posture of a woman dancing like that on blue jean. My hands went off- i had just struck wrong chords on d keyboard before i came back ON.

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by soulglo: 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Annie2gud: Bebe...Biblically its wrong.a woman has no right to wear the clothing of a Man into the house of God.forget the razzmataz of these new competitive new generation churchs.i use to wear trouser to church...even witout coverin my hair..but my husband opened my eyes to those tins i mentioned.sorry abt ur xpirience.

Next time you go shopping for your husband make sure you go shop in the women's section. Buy him pants from there because women's pants tend to be cheaper. It should not be an issue for him at all because pants are for men only after all.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by penzino(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hey guys, whether a woman wears trouser to church or not. All i knw is that the church aint meant for the righteous only, but mostly for sinners to go, hear the word and change their ways. The whole church Looking at the lady does nt signify that they are d only holy people, even d preacher is nt left out. We are humans, therefore nt beyond sin. So lady, do what u knw is right and read ur bible. I pray God gives us all understanding.
Peace
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
obyrich: From Genesis to revelation, the bible did not mention trousers at all. Trousers is a borrowed culture to Africans. In scotland, men wear skirts as their ceremonial attire. There are trousers MEANT for women as well as those for men. There are shoes for women as well as those for men. Trousers were not part of the jewish culture at the time Deut. 22 vs 5 was written. The bible abhors INDECENT dressing not trousers. Any man who gets an attention at the sight of a woman wearing trousers is a pervert and a psychopath. Trousers offer women more protection from rapists than skirts. I have been embarrassed severally at the sight of the undies and laps of women wearing skirts but hardly of those wearing trousers. African women abuse skirts more than their white counterparts despite their sanctimonious stance on dressing. British women cross their legs when they wear skirts but African women open their legs carelessly and expect you to look into the skies! Trousers reveal the bulges and shapes of the male s3x organ more than it does to the female. The bombom of women does not cause more arousal than their br3ast, yet no one cares to design a clothing that will perpetually put those succulent oranges away from the raving eyes of these uninformed hypocritical bigots. Ladies, if any guy thinks you should not wear trousers, please package it and give it to him as a gift. Ask him to wear it to church on sunday. Maybe that will make him understand that what you are wearing is TROUSERS MEANT for WOMEN!

Best post iv seen so far smiley
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by jmoore(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
nothing wrong
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Kikiani: what were u doing d previous day that u had 2be late 4 church?Maybe if u had worn the trouser decently,eyes wldnt roll..+ TROUSERS IN GENERAL ARE NOT STRICTLY MEN'S CLOTHING.WE HAVE FEMALE AND MALE TROUSERS.

The truth is that people have no understanding of the bible and that's why we all argue. The bible says that women should not wear men's apparel and vice versa. So the question should be what is men's apparel? Is it trouser? Is it shirt? Is is buba or babanriga?

The truth is that I believe some types of trousers are meant for women alone and women can wear them without sinning. Some types of shirts are strictly for women by their cuts. Christainity is uneversal while dressing is local and cultural. So you cannot impose your local views on a universal God. In Scotland, men wear skirts. The skirts are called kilts and these same people brought Christianity to Nigeria. Half of the women in Corporate world wear shirts to the office. What would they rather wear? Gown? And these shirts are strictly feminine.

Please women can wear trousers as long as they are not seductive. I would rather my wife wear trousers than mini-skirts. God sees the heart and that is what matters most.

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by penzino(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
carr101:

Best post iv seen so far smiley
Hey guys, whether a woman wears trouser to church or not. All i knw is that the church aint meant for the righteous only, but mostly for sinners to go, hear the word and change their ways. The whole church Looking at the lady does nt signify that they are d only holy people, even d preacher is nt left out. We are humans, therefore nt beyond sin. So lady, do what u knw is right and read ur bible. I pray God gives us all understanding.
Peace
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by nneh1(f): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Nadia love, we should always dress in modesty all the time, going to church or going out to movies to me I wear the same clothes.

Was once bound in a church like that but I walked away, times have changed, if you feel comfy in your trousers then who has the right to tell you otherwise?

The body is the temple of God, as long as its covered wella, nobody will tell me somehow.

One thing though, (your piercing) *hides*
I love your view"if she feels comfortable" but seriously nobody will feel comfortable with God's judgement that day!

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by salt1: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
free2ryhme: help me tell those hypocRites oooo show me in the bible wherer a woman shld not weaR tRousers

What's all the name-calling for? What makes someone who has a different persuasion a hypocrite? Is it irritating you that the person has a higher standard of morality than you? Or you think everybody is just pretending?
Please run your own race the way you understand it. Remember you won't be crowned if you don't run by the rules.
@topic, what you do, what you wear, what you think etc is determined by WHERE you want to end!
Many are called but FEW are chosen! Not because God doesn't want to choose all, but because people will not want to line up.
For God majority doesn't carry the vote. In Noah's time, eight qualified. Three came out of Sodom.
For the person who is heaven-focussed, no price is too huge to pay. In fact outward appearance has been so handled that he is focussing on inner holiness and perfection. There are such people and God knows them

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Danchu(m): 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Deut 22:5.pls continue attending the church if what they preach is truth, they are only helping you.......the way dat leads to heaven is narrow so u should strive to be there, neglect all odds n chase dat place of glory.........ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.....stay blessed
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by chunny01(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
Only in 9ja u ll see a lady wear clothings dat ll cover all their body during hot weather just because of christianity. Sufferin n smiling
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Originalsly: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
I see nothing wrong in wearing trousers. Whatever a woman wears should be relatively modest..... modest in terms of what is acceptable in the local community. The very holy ones should at all times be dressed like the Muslim women. They are so hypocritical and focused on the garment instead of the heart. I guess the dress code is enforced because the pastor's wife can't compete in the fashion parade if the rules are dropped. For the earrings and piercings....I suggest you tone it down since that is more like a display of vanity.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by InHim4Him(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
runzlord: dat means every white woman would go to hell?
Are you a white woman? Is honoring God and his word about being white or black? Is it every white woman that wears trousers to church?
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by festwiz(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
@nadia_sa.Nawao,for all this naija guys,una don check her profile see curves abi.nna,ur own too much
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by salt1: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
If you live like everyone else, you end up where they all end up.
If you want to end differently, swim against the current!
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by tmtech: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
I don't think its wrong to wear trouser to church..........however, for a guy to wear trousers without showing off his boxers, he must use a belt to hold the trousers in place....in the case of ladies, they either wear a waistless or wear wear trousers without belt, dis makes their inner wear accessible to the viewing pleasure of pple around....and dis really distract pple....so,our wonderful ladies, keep dis in mind.....we love u all...lol
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by hustla(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Naija mentality. ...
If then born d Pastor wife well..make e go Russia no wear Trousers if cold no go kill am
grin
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Brymo: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote
author=nadia_SA]I was very late for church this morning so whlie waiting
for transport I heard nice songs being sang by one church opposite my
street I decided to go attend there for just this Sunday.

One brother ushered me inside (2nd row seat) ,when I just got in its
like the whole congregation looked at me funny even the little kids sef.
I knew I was lost

I was the only female wearing trousers ,earingson my numerous
piercings
and weave on
felt like turning back but I just
couldn't

To make matters worse when the pastor got in I think I changed his whole
sermon cause I could feel like this sermon was dedicated to me.. Was
like I'm the biggest sinner !!

I don't think I will go back there anytime soon coz I don't
understand what's so wrong in females wearing trousers and looking
good!..I couldn't even differentiate from the youth nd grannies cause
they all were looking old

Can some1 help me understand! Abeggi

**happy Sunday [/quote] babe u lk long stories,wat so ever thou doest,continue doing it n do it well. simple.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by hustla(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
tm-tech:
I don't think its wrong to wear trouser to church..........however, for a guy to wear trousers without showing off his boxers, he must use a belt to hold the trousers in place....in the case of ladies, they either wear a waistless or wear wear trousers without belt, dis makes their inner wear accessible to the viewing pleasure of pple around....and dis really distract pple....so,our wonderful ladies, keep dis in mind.....we love u all...lol

What is this one saying
My gf jeans get belt undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Experience, TBS, Lagos. Will You Be There / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? / Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.