Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? (18699 Views)

When Will The Naija Mentality Of Jubilating Stop When Power Is Restored? / First Thing You Will Do In 2013 / What Is The First Thing You Will Do In 2012? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hi everyone,

We live in a country where power is unstable and epileptic. It comes and it goes. It can be taken and restored at anytime.

Assuming there hasn't been power for some hours/days in your hood and NEPA PHCN suddenly restores the light, what's the first thing of utmost importance that you'll do?

Is it to:

Charge your laptop?

Charge your phone?

Press your clothes?

Charge your powerbank?

Charge your inverter?

Charge your tablet/pad?

For me, it's to CHARGE MY PHONE grin
It's my best friend. I sleep and wake up with it. I use it for business, keeping in touch with loved ones, friends and colleagues etc. It also my avenue for accessing the internet as I'm mostly online via my phone so I make sure it's charged always

What about you?

6 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by tunetokheyno(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
check the time so i know when they'll take it

65 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by donphilopus: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
Charge my phone then iron my clothes

1 Like

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2013

4 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Aladelokun: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
charge my phone
Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by AmenJoan(f): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Charge all my 'chargeables' cool

6 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Gombs(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
I shout

UP NEPAAAAAA!

angry

126 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Charge my phone n switch on d Tv

4 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Scream at the top of my voice. UP NEPA!!!! sorry I meant UP PHCN

5 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by ebucha: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
I re-fuel my main And reliable source of power i.e "I pass my neighbour generator" , then allow am the cool till them take" their" light again.

1 Like

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by theripper3: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
SHOUT UP NEPA for like 10 secs

3 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by donigspain(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Wey my phone charger?
*runs around in search*
In Nigeria, time na electricity (no be money).

14 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by alaura: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
grin On d tv
Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Wait for 5mins before doing anything cos they WILL take it again grin

75 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by rrhostomy(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
I don't have a definite reaction to it...
Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Kirinwa: 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Charge phone,fan etc tongue

1 Like

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Scream at the top of my voice. UP NEPA!!!! sorry I meant UP PHCN. And then charge my phone

1 Like

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Fatdon(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Charge My phone
Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by homesteady(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
grin omo! No wasting time oh! I'll run and charge my phone! #Team BB grin

1 Like

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nice editing mod! The only thing i wrote was "charge my phone"
And the topic was "when nepa brings the light. What comes to ur mind first"

1 Like

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by mkmyers45(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Power cuts are very rare here in Maribor but i guess turning on the heater would be a priority...oh and also charging my UPS
Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Kockane(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
I'll pick up my vaseline and continue watching my p.o.r.n series from where I stopped... kiss

29 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Ibangap(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
None of the above, cos my change-over switch is always on the 'Gen' part. Even wen i get to knw der is power before i change it they must have seized it. So i dnt bother.

3 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Ifedechidex: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Charge my phone, den turn on d tv
Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
#wakes up,turn on the AC,then goes back to sleep.

8 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by heykims(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
i live in osogbo, not used to power outage not until few days ago...

2 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
the only time my power goes out is when we have a snow/thunder storm or hurricane.

when the power is restored i just give thanks to God, reset the clocks, make sure everything works (in no particular order) and continue doing what i was doing... tongue
Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by jucykiks4u(f): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
try to wait for like a min coz u can never b too sure then i charge my phone

4 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
Kockane: I'll pick up my vaseline and continue watching my p.o.r.n series from where I stopped... kiss

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by martin92(m): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
I rush to the T.V 2 play my playstation3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
Jesus Christ! They just restored pur light NOW!Thank God I commented o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The First Thing You Do When Power Is Restored? by danchuzzy(m): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
charge ma phone and pc.... very very imporraant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Young Girl Found Roaming On The Streets In Ikorodu Lagos. Do You Know Her? / How Is Light In Your Area? / Is Your Ring Finger Is Longer Than Your Index Finger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.