Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz (3424 Views)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Which Tribe Bears Foreign Names The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz by maxymodox: 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Holding random conversations with different people, one gets to hear gist about how powerful certain tribes are jazzwise. Curiosity has thus made me throw it open as to which tribe is most repected jazzwise
Re: Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
jazz?

as in the music?
Re: Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz by maxymodox: 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Lol....u know I meant juju rightzv
Re: Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz by bokohalal(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
*Kails*:
jazz?

as in the music?
Laff wan kill me.
Re: Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
jazz indeed grin grin
Re: Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz by Infomizer(m): 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
I think the Ijebus are renowned for their 'Jazz', at least to some folks in Edo state. One man shuddered visibly when he was threatened by my Etsako friend that I was Ijebu (the man messed up and we were trying to bring him to account for himself but he was avoiding us). He started cooperating from the moment he heard I was Ijebu (mind you, I be gidi boy) and I couldn't help but laugh my bony arse out when we were done with him! On another occasion, a few days later, I was in the company of a babe from Igueben (or so, in Edo State) and whilst chatting about some random ish (on churches and miracles I think), I blurted that I was going to 'carry her waka' to some places in Ijebu she just screamed, "Jesus! [then my name], Na to dey run from you remain o!". After a paroxysm of laughter, I managed to ask her why and she was like, "Ijebu people, una juju get level die, I get una as friends well well". I'm still surprised that I learnt this in Edo State and not in Yoruba land despite having the major part of my upbringing in Yoruba land. I indeed stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz by tpiander: 12:00am On Jan 21, 2015
Any consensus yet as per thread title?

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Folklore: Eringa / Two Little White Girls Singing 'ise Agbe' / The Ibani Kingdoms-Grand Bonny and Opobo first re-unification meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.