Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

'otuocha!' And The Mbaano People Of Imo State, Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 'otuocha!' And The Mbaano People Of Imo State, Nigeria (8054 Views)

Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'otuocha!' And The Mbaano People Of Imo State, Nigeria by uaphorism(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
I've been thinking, the Mbaano people both young and old use 'otuocha' as an ordinary exclamation.. Inasmuch as it sounds expletive and vulgar to an ordinary igbo man, among them, its just a normal thing, now, I'm wondering, what's the idea behind it? Btw, otuocha means 'white v.agina' or 'fair womanliness' whichever u like..

Eg, papa Nkechi, Nkechi your daughter just had an accident oooo!!! All the old men playing draft with papa Nkechi nd even papa Nkechi will shout 'OTUOCHA'!!! Before evn askin where she is..

Abeg, someone from Mbaano..please
Re: 'otuocha!' And The Mbaano People Of Imo State, Nigeria by nordicadventure: 7:09am On Jul 26, 2014
I'm not from mbano but of late I got to discover my mothers maternal home is in ehime mbano Lga of imo state it is very vulgar I most confess but it has become a means of identity amongst themselves as no one beas any alterior motive
Re: 'otuocha!' And The Mbaano People Of Imo State, Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 24, 2015
I'm from mbano.I proud to be one lol.
Re: 'otuocha!' And The Mbaano People Of Imo State, Nigeria by anonym0us: 9:48am On Dec 26, 2016
grin lolz. Lalasticlala please diz should help

(1) (Reply)

Interprete This Emojis Into Yoruba Proverbs / What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture / Translate This Yoruba Proverb To English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.