Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:04 AM

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? (19821 Views)

How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Donaldmike(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2013
Where is sexkillz?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Tfri: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2013
God help us out.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by tbaba1234: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Of course he was very right. It is absolutely perception! What scale of problem? Most of the corruption figures being branded out there are not based on facts! Just conjectures from opposition trying to discredit the president. Please do you have any evidence of corruption against GEJ? Have you ever seen one. All you see are baseless and fake accusations from twitters foools like El Rufai

Corruption in Nigeria is bad, really bad. Tell me one sector that corruption is not endemic.

The question was not whether Jonathan was corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by PuffyT1(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2013
Impressive....atleast i can now make correct moves* concerning my travellin issh...

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by largeman4u(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2013
Our president is not so intelligent, but he is trying his Best. So that count against him in the Chat.
i feel so Impressed whenever Govt Fashola Speaks... i wonder why we have a president with Local Government IQ.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by wellmax(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.

Why Am I not surprised with your comment? You are just like the President.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by publisher(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2013
The media chat was EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE.

Most Gej haters are hypocrites and semi-lunatics; they are quick to support the likes of Buhari and Tinubu regardless of the fact that both leaders have the worst oratory (English) skills in Nigeria's leadership history.

Gej during the media chat broke down his questions to pieces and showed intense humility. One of the panelist (the northerner) even castigated Gej on ASUU when he remarked "Nigerians didnot vote for ASUU, they voted for you". But GEJ calmly responsed and dropped a poser questioning why state-owned universities should also be on strike,since the FG is not directly responsible for state universities.

Gej is probably one of Nigeria's best leaders and his performance in the last 3years dwarfs Obj's 8 years in many MANY aspects. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Slowvenom(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2013
critism is 9jas problem. Den who will b d best prsidnt or who as eva don well? Pls stop all dis trash.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Omooba77: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2013
tbaba1234:

It is not about negativity, the president could not give concrete answers to pivotal issues.

If a president believes that corruption in Nigeria is not that bad then how do we ever expect to fight it?

We have to be honest with ourselves.

I am from the south south but I can not support this man.
The same man is the right guy for this job. If he has lied that things are working; you will be the first to shout him down.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by nuelkaosi(m): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2013
When is the PMC coming up?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by playmode(m): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2013
If most Nigerians were intelligent people,Jonathan would never have become President.The fact is that majority of Nigerians are just like Jonathan so the dumb will vote for the dumb.It is a sad reality that we must come to terms with.Until intelligent Nigerians educate dumb Nigerians and let them understand the benefit of choosing a good leader ,Nigeria will remain a 3rd world country. Tribalistic Politics and Epic corruption is our major problem,eradicate that and you will see people making the right choices. Nigerians are not evolved ,they are still primitive in their thinking hence why they vote along tribal lines.Nigeria is 53 years old but the truth is that most of it's citizens are not smarter than the Negroes who were captured and taken to the USA as slaves.

7 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by emron1(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2013
I don't know of others but I think GEJ is the worst president in the history of this country. How can a president be so un diplomatic as to not understand the importance of media in projecting ones performance. For one good hour and the man just looked clueless to all the questions.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Godmann(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2013
My summary is that that man should just pack his package and head back to his village. I cannot even tolerating such an unlearned mind teaching secondary school students let alone ruling Nigeria.

I don't blame GEJ alone; I blame all the people that have interacted with this man before and went ahead to help him to become our President. Obasanjo; that devil re-incarnate should take majority of the blame.

All the elites in Nigeria especially those that were blinded by opportunism and tribalism in helping this man to power deserve to be punished for misleading the ignorant masses that voted to him.

The Church "Cabals" who used Religion to destroy Buhari's change and impose GEJ on us will be judged at the last day.

As for the masses; a lot of Nigerians are still backward and unlearned. If enough of us are learned; we would have seen enough to vote him out by 2015.

Even this morning, some supposed graduates of Nigerian university were arguing with me that GEj was right in calling Adolf Hitler Adolpus.

How do we expect a generation that does not know Adolf Hitler to understand the issues that caused 2nd world war; how do we expect them top appreciate international politics and economy? How do we expect them to understand the relation between us Africans and the west?

How do we expect them to appreciate why we need to change.

It is a pity I am born in Nigeria on this time. I sincerly hope, more of our people can see the light: can be educated.

Can't you people figure out that the only babe that asked reasonable question among the panel was educated outside the country.

We are a product of sick school, sick institutions and sick society. I am afraid we will remain sick until the few that is educated is able to do something extra-ordinary.

MAY GOD HELP US

8 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by lukasbaker(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2013
to me i mean i for one the president was realy an intelligent man.jos look at the way he comport himself to answer all questions throw to him.my dear jonathan tried and he is my man.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by phil5(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2013
Not poor ,not impressive.

Nw I expect assu to do their media chat on gej points.
Such as allocation of landed properties to universities:weitin dem won do wit land?

Fixing of infrastructure:the fg has allreaady released one hundred billion 4 the first fase,and gej knows the state of the rot cause he has a documentary on that.

State universities are also on strike,why?

Funding 4 chop chop 4 lecturers is suppose to be from internally generated revenue of which if not adequate the fg can assist . Y asking the fg to carry all the burden?

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2013
wellmax:

Why Am I not surprised with your comment? You are just like the President.
Lolz
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by orgasticdance: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.
this quoted post may get more likes than any othr on this thread and further reinforces what's wrong with this country. the "human" beings in this country (not ghosts) who enthrone mediocrity eclipse the enlightened few; we are a country filled with mediocre people, thats why we have a mediocre president. i'll never call for gej's head again.

8 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by texbaba1: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2013
Honestly, i did not bother watching cos i already percieve it will go the same the previous ones went...lies, lies nd more lies. i later saw some highligths and i was damn vindicated. nothing but a clueless president justifying his cluelessness with lies, oozing of incompetence. Each tym i see GEJ, i dont blame him...instead i blame all those of you who voted for him, following the band wagon to insist that if it is not Jonathan, then no one else...now u have ur Jonathan. a few of us saw beyond his ' i have no shoes' crap to realise that this man will not be able to do this job, but we were labbeled anti democracy nd calld all manner of names. now look who's complaining. if you voted for Jonathan, pls blame yourself first, cos for u to have seen something in GEJ, then u must be worst than him. Q.E.D

4 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by MSB365(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2013
"Leadership requires some qualities, if you do not possess the qualities, there will be problem"......says MSB.

"when a man is loved by his people, whatever he does will seem good even when it is bad and when a man is being hate by his people, whatever he does will seem bad even when it is good".......MSB.

"when you are free from the control of the "elders", you will be able to think and tackle problems before you in a way that it will suit you and others but the reverse is d case for the president".......MSB

GEJ would not have won guber election in his state, if he actually contest on a free platform let alone presidency . What do you expect from a man that cannot think for himself unless someone does the thinking ?

Ordinarily, the chat was not impressive but politically, to some party follower,it is the best!

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by visalo: 10:13am On Sep 30, 2013
oladapo_a1: The only suprised i had was when he said poverty wasnt the cause of terrorism and that corruption is not the number 1 priority to tackle..he said its infrastructure.,PHCN took their tin

You are just too daft to comment on this forum. Is osama poor? You better understand the ideology of terrorist. it is not because they are poor that is making them to carry out their silly and inhuman character, But their ideology and the evil religion they believed
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by ITbomb(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2013
Compare with Obasanjo, he did very well.
We need more development and less talk
However, the people need a leader to instill confidence in them, GEJ should work harder on that aspect.
When we look up to someone to show direction and all we hear is 'I dont know' or 'It happen everywhere' , it is demoralising.
But far better than OBJ who crack jokes at questions of serious national concern.
Score: 60%
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2013
lukas baker: to me i mean i for one the president was realy an intelligent man.jos look at the way he comport himself to answer all questions throw to him.my dear jonathan tried and he is my man.
I really don't understand what you are trying to type here cos all I can Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a pack load of grammatical aberrations. Please re-type.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by 3kay945(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Some mischief makers are only chasing shadows. The President does not need to speak like Obama to get the JOB DONE. Some of his predecessors, including the Great Zik, were powerful speakers but how did that change Nigeria? Nigeria does not need motivational speaker as president. What we need is an educated, focused, creative, firm, sincere and hardworking president who will GET THE JOB DONE.

These same elements talking of inspiring speeches were in 2011 trying to force Buhari down our throat. Is Buhari a better speaker than GEJ? Haters are perpetually looking for reasons to HATE.

I know you will rush down here to justify whatever performance put up by the president, I also understand that your pocket fatness needs to be justified. undecided
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by tbaba1234: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2013
Omooba77:
The same man is the right guy for this job. If he has lied that things are working; you will be the first to shout him down.

Again, he is there to do a job. He should have a plan on how to fulfill it, that is what we expect. What have you done so far, what are the challenges? What are your plan to overcome those challenges? Don't tell me corruption is perceived when we see it everywhere.

Also when they asked about the size of government, his response was not great either.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Adex097: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2013
lukas baker: to me i mean i for one the president was realy an intelligent man.jos look at the way he comport himself to answer all questions throw to him.my dear jonathan tried and he is my man.
Comport himself?? My able president was just
Laughing and smiling *FYI*

Tank you.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by publisher(m): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2013
Mr President was also spot on about CORRUPTION. Countries like Russia, India and Indonesia have ridiculous rates of corruption but are still making great economic progress.
Infrastructures and access to finance is key. If a corrupt Nigerian builds a power plant (with stolen money) that employs thousands and provides constant electricity will anybody complain?

Some Nigerians are just looking for sweet talking bravadoish Messiahs that end up achieving very little.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by MORNDEW(m): 10:24am On Sep 30, 2013
D president had no ansas to most of d questions, even d mediamen were nt dat probin xcept for d lady on white who later declined imagine a pressin issu like d ASUU strike dat he can use to buy his way into d hrt of nigerians he rigmaroled around it nd said its political. Nd i wnt to ask those suportin him wht were d gains of dat media charade. They were instructed nt to ask him abt pdp nd rivers state crisis. As usual clueles nd lacks articulation. Nigeria has betr ppl dan dis kindergaten leader. Very very poor.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mikailu: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee: I wonder whether I share similar ideas with other people, but I believe that the presidential media chat was a complete sham, and a complete waste of time. I expected more, but Jonathan dissapointed me. If I would rate it, I would rate it poor.
All along, it seems the president doesn't have a clear grasp of happenings, developments and events within the country. And regarding the few issues raised during the chat, he sounded like the issues were quite trivial, and this are burning national issues that expedite actions.
To me overall, the media chat was a complete waste of time and resources, it shouldn't have held. And from all indications it wouldn't change anything.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by tbaba1234: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2013
What did the president call hitler again?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by sophy2g(f): 10:24am On Sep 30, 2013
From d way you write,it doubtlessly shows that you are a very Proud and Arrogant fellow.
manmade: If @ your age and your level of education, you don't know the difference between WORD and WORK then you have no moral justification to insult Gej on the issue @ hand.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by ballabriggs: 10:26am On Sep 30, 2013
Godman_n: My summary is that that man should just pack his package and head back to his village. I cannot even tolerating such an unlearned mind teaching secondary school students let alone ruling Nigeria.

I don't blame GEJ alone; I blame all the people that have interacted with this man before and went ahead help him to become our President. Obasanjo; that devil re-incarnate should take majority of the blame.

All the elites in Nigeria especially those that were blinded by opportunism and tribalism in helping this man to power deserve to be punished for misleading the ignorant masses that voted to him.

The Church "Cabals" who used Religion to destroy Buhari's change and impose GEJ on us will be judged at the last day.

As for the masses; a lot of Nigerians are still backward and unlearned. If enough of us are learned; we would have seen enough to vote him out by 2015.

Even this morning, some supposed graduates of Nigerian university were arguing with me that GEj was right in calling Adolf Hitler Adolpus.

How do we expect a generation that does not know Adolf Hitler to understand the issues that caused 2nd world war; how do we expect them top appreciate international politics and economy? How do we expect them to understand the relation between us Africans and the west?

How do we expect them to appreciate why we need to change.

It is a pity I am born in Nigeria on this time. I sincerly hope, more of our people can see the light: can be educated.

Can't you people figure out that the only babe that asked reasonable question among the panel was educated outside the country.

We are a product of sick school, sick institutions and sick society. I am afraid we will remain sick until the few that is educated is able to do something extra-ordinary.

MAY GOD HELP US

Thank you very much. The bolded is to show you how devilish leaders in Nigeria are. What good leaders do is to look for capable hands to take over- succession planning. What Olusegun Obasanjo did was to look for those he thought will be his stooge (oh yes members) once he leaves. He thus put horrible leaders to take the baton for his own selfish reasons. He is a pathetic and greedy human being.

Unfortunately for him the Jona he thought was going to be an 'oh yes man' has decided to free himself. Reason why you have the so-called crisis today.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Adex097: 10:26am On Sep 30, 2013
MORN DEW: D president had no ansas to most of d questions, even d mediamen were nt dat probin xcept for d lady on white who later declined imagine a pressin issu like d ASUU strike dat he can use to buy his way into d hrt of nigerians he rigmaroled around it nd said its political. Nd i wnt to ask those suportin him wht were d gains of dat media charade. They were instructed nt to ask him abt pdp nd rivers state crisis. As usual clueles nd lacks articulation. Nigeria has betr ppl dan dis kindergaten leader. Very very poor.
Seconded @bolded

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Labaran Maku Spotted At APGA Rally In Anambra / DSS Targets ‘Elements’ Threatening Nigeria’s Peace / Toll Gate Policy On Federal Roads: 10 Things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.