Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive (1474 Views)

#lagoslessons - Nigerians Give Important Tips On How To Survive Living In Lagos / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by deejay717(f): 6:36am On Sep 30, 2013
I been considering relocating to Nigeria for the last 3 years. Now I finally will put the idea into motion. Please help a girl out with some things I should know. The most urban and safe but affordable areas. ...... Etc. Thanks [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 30, 2013
^^
Lagos Island (V.I., Ikoyi, VGC) are the poshest/safest areas in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole. If u want to start a business, Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Uyo are the places to be.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by deejay717(f): 6:44am On Sep 30, 2013
Th you for the feedback.
CFCfan: ^^
Lagos Island (V.I., Ikoyi, VGC) are the poshest/safest areas in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole. If u want to start a business, Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Uyo are the places to be.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 30, 2013
deejay717: Th you for the feedback.
Also, Lagos is known for its notorious traffic jams embarassed
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by bigt2(m): 7:04am On Sep 30, 2013
Come to my village, very deep in the heart of Kaduna! smiley
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by deejay717(f): 7:06am On Sep 30, 2013
So I've heard... A friend of mine was telling me Abuja is another nice place to live... I'm sure there are ton and I'll do some research as well.
CFCfan:
Also, Lagos is known for its notorious traffic jams embarassed
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 30, 2013
deejay717: So I've heard... A friend of mine was telling me Abuja is another nice place to live... I'm sure there are ton and I'll do some research as well.
Please research o. However, Maiduguri, Damaturu, Kano are surely no-go areas, due to the prevalence of Boko Haram attacks in those cities.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by deejay717(f): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2013
smiley
big-t:
Come to my village, very deep in the heart of Kaduna! smiley
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by deejay717(f): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2013
Mmm I see ... Thanks again
CFCfan:
Please research o. However, Maiduguri, Damaturu, Kano are surely no-go areas, due to the prevalence of Boko Haram attacks in those cities.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by chukxie(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2013
How long have you been away from Nigeria? If you've been away for a long time, I'd suggest you stay put where you are. Adapting to the lifestyle and the way things are done in Nigeria is not easy for someone who's been away from the 'jungle' for a long time. The endless traffic jams, erratic power supply and absence of some basic and essential amenities can make one go bonkers. However, if you've not been away for a long time, adapting to the rugged life in Nigeria shouldn't be a problem. The decision is yours and yours alone to make. May God help you to make the right one.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by deejay717(f): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2013
I have actually only visited. I am not a native which is why I asked for advice ... I was born in Canada raised in America. My boyfriend however is from Nigeria but hasn't been back since his teens. He is really wanting to move back home to be with family and extend his business and of course expects me to follow. Anyways thanks for the advice
chukxie: How long have you been away from Nigeria? If you've been away for a long time, I'd suggest you stay put where you are. Adapting to the lifestyle and the way things are done in Nigeria is not easy for someone who's been away from the 'jungle' for a long time. The endless traffic jams, erratic power and absence of some basic and essential amenities can make one go bonkers. However, if you've not been away for a long time, adapting to the rugged life in Nigeria shouldn't be a problem. The decision is yours and yours alone to make. May God help you to make the right one.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by druid06(m): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2013
deejay717: I have actually only visited. I am not a native which is why I asked for advice ... I was born in Canada raised in America. My boyfriend however is from Nigeria but hasn't been back since his teens. He is really wanting to move back home to be with family and extend his business and of course expects me to follow. Anyways thanks for the advice

hi baby
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 30, 2013
Stay up somewhere on the island part of lagos,its exquisite,fun and safe,ofcourse you just have the hold up to contend with,generally lagos life is like that in the newyork,you gonna love it and enjoy everyday sight of conductor and passengers fighting for change,blind begger asking for 5h when you dip 50naira in his plate,shopping in the holdup so you don't need to go the market or mall bla bla bla.Other words for lagos are lasgidi and lag and the watch word remains EKO O NI BAJE ooo.welcome!!! Oppss wait a min,I'm I forgetting something,we now pay tax and it's mandatory to do so okay so welcome to lagos,we never die but multiply•
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by chukxie(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2013
deejay717: I have actually only visited. I am not a native which is why I asked for advice ... I was born in Canada raised in America. My boyfriend however is from Nigeria but hasn't been back since his teens. He is really wanting to move back home to be with family and extend his business and of course expects me to follow. Anyways thanks for the advice

You're welcome!
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by druid06(m): 8:03am On Sep 30, 2013
This lady does not intend to move to Nigeria. Someone has compromised her account information on Nairaland.

I'm suspecting a mod or super mod is using unsuspecting members account to write false articles and post to gain traffic.

This is not the first occurance on this forum..

Nadia_SA was once a victim.

This is serious.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by deejay717(f): 8:10am On Sep 30, 2013
HI EVERYONE! THIS IS THE REAL DEEJAY PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST IT IS NOT AT ALL TRUE. I BELIEVE SOMEONE HAS HACKED MY ACCOUNT.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria From America!!!!! Advice, Tips And Tricks To Survive by Allohrandy(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2013
chukxie: How long have you been away from Nigeria? If you've been away for a long time, I'd suggest you stay put where you are. Adapting to the lifestyle and the way things are done in Nigeria is not easy for someone who's been away from the 'jungle' for a long time. The endless traffic jams, erratic power supply and absence of some basic and essential amenities can make one go bonkers. However, if you've not been away for a long time, adapting to the rugged life in Nigeria shouldn't be a problem. The decision is yours and yours alone to make. May God help you to make the right one.
You should not be discouraging the poster from relocating to Nigeria like there are people not making it in Nigeria. There are some prominent Nigerians that once lived in the states or Europe but decided make it in Nigeria. Nnamdi Azikwe was once hustling and schooling in America before coming to Nigeria to become a successful business man and later a president when we didn't even have NEPA, Roads or phones in Nigeria. Mike Adenuga was once a taxi driver in the states , MI use to wash toilet in the streets of Detriot. Dbanj and Don Jazzy were once in UK hustling before deciding to make it Nigeria. Even Dangote spend 2 years hustling and schooling in Egypt before relocating to Nigeria. if they had all remain in the West believing Nigeria is bad, don't have basic amenities and a 'Jungle', they probably would not have become successful and rich like they are. There are thousands of people that have relocated to Nigeria from Europe and America and are doing fine. The poster should follow his heart and do a lot of research about the job or business he plans invest in Nigeria. Glad you have been planning to relocate for the past 3 years and I hope you have done a lot of research too. Nigeria is a gold mine for people with foreign degree, foreign work experience, and capital because you don't have to worry about IRS and uncle Sam taxing you and cause of doing business is low.

1 Like 1 Share

(1)

UK Vows To Make It Even Tougher For International Students To Come To Britain. / These 5 Airlines Have The Most Attractive Flight Attendants / Traveling From Benin To Ilaro Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.