Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? (47110 Views)

Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU / What Is The Difference Between A Bsc(ed) In Electrical Technology And Bsc In Electrical Engineering / Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by plumbcare: 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
@ op philosophy is a good course to study. it is mother of all courses. If you love wisdom go for philosophy and every other thing will come to you.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
modupeomoge:

Dnt feel sumhow abt d course, u wil so much find it interesting... Am also in aaua wt same course 300, I felt rejected wen I got d course bt today I so much find it interesting... Just try to b focus, Job is not d next tin on ur agenda bt ao to mak it out of d university wt God on ur side. Welcum to aaua
Thanks very much... How I wish I see you after the strike!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
plumbcare: @ op philosophy is a good course to study. it is mother of all courses. If you love wisdom go for philosophy and every other thing will come to you.
Thanks so much brother.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
modupeomoge:

Dnt feel sumhow abt d course, u wil so much find it interesting... Am also in aaua wt same course 300, I felt rejected wen I got d course bt today I so much find it interesting... Just try to b focus, Job is not d next tin on ur agenda bt ao to mak it out of d university wt God on ur side. Welcum to aaua
clap
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
plumbcare: @ op philosophy is a good course to study. it is mother of all courses. If you love wisdom go for philosophy and every other thing will come to you.
thts it... No long story...
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
mind u jim iyke is a philosophy graduate o,n his is nt doing bad,so follow his footstep (becum an entertainer).
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Youngzedd(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Nigeria don suffer. Imagine someone going to study a course in the uni without even understanding the course.

Our dear country is blazing...
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by modupeomoge(f): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fynestboi: clap

More pls

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Youngzedd(m): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
smartkid00: mind u jim iyke is a philosophy graduate o,n his is nt doing bad,so follow his footstep (becum an entertainer).

Yes Ooo!

And later go for deliverance.

Pardon my manners lol.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by moshino(m): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yungwizzzy: if you're in Nigeria don't bother your self bro

what you study do not determine where you work here, if and only if you have a "connection" you're f**king gud to go bro

You're assuming that the current circumstances in Nigeria will remain the same in 5 years and beyond, not smart forward thinking.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by ennon92(m): 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
lee007: Bro! my advise to you is very simple...make the best of what you have most serious organizations are looking for people with good sense of judgement, focus and passion to succeed. Hence, what you studied doesn't really matter much in Nigeria.

Make sure you top your class with a 1st Class or even 2:1 with prizes. Trust me if I interview you for a position, with some self confidence and ability to demonstrate that you are trainable, you will soon forget you studied philosophy. I know people with Yoruba Education working as project managers are earning 6 figures in $$$Dollars.

Set your goals get your priorities right, don't waste time partying and chasing skirts, they will soon be nestling 'cus of you!
best comment.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Pistismie(f): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras: I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks
Its B. A. Philosophy.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Oluwacolded: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Philosophy has the highest number of opporturnity of jobs in any society come to think of it what is the meaning of PHD? it means doctor of philosophy if u study philosophy u can work in any establishments because employers are looking for those with knowledge,all sucessful lawyers works with a philosopher they present their case in front of them to scrutinize before proceeding to bar,even 98% of the Good lawyers in the world are philosophers,there is a saying which says “philosophers are kings of logic while lawyers are servants of logic

If you wish to be a lecturer there are various schools looking for people who studied philosophy because all universities both conventional and uncoventional ones do offer logic as a course…

If u study philosophy u would be highly respected in the society if someone lies to you u will know cos of ur knowledge and wisdom

Remember money can not buy wisdom but wisdom can bring money

Solomon was rich and famous because of his wisdom

In simple term philosophy simply means the study of wisdom.

Am proud to be a philosopher i rep team KSU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Hearme(m): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Farming, Dancing, Writing, playing football, Swimming, Politics, Pastoring, Customer service, Marketing and anything your heart tells you to do, you can do it.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Pistismie(f): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
stormkiid: Guys its better u don't take such a stupid course
All dose saying it dosent mean.my guy it means ooo..cos u re gonna find it real hard to ..anyway do wah ur mind chooses
I studied philosophy for 4 yrs and why calling what u knw nothing abt silly? U need mental emancipation.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by moshino(m): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=jonescyras]I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks[/quote

CONGRATULATIONS on your admission! Your Passion, Determination and Resilience are what will determine how successful you'll get, regardless of what your major is in the university. Your bachelors degree is mostly an indication that you have the discipline, common sense and dedication to follow through a course of work, but your actual professional and life-long training begins thereafter. With the trend of things globally, expect to continue with advanced degree/training beyond your bachelors degree. So, rather than sit at home for another year doing nothing, you should proceed with the admission you currently have. Besides, you can always try to change to a different major after your first year. CONGRATULATIONS once again.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by lertee(f): 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
Thanks so much... I keep thinking whether I should do a cross over to another department,perhaps HISTORY n INTERNATIONAL STUDIES...but I don't think this could be allowed as my name has been registered with philosophy on jamb Site.....
.........Shell and the likes pay heavily for their workers..do you think a person in the research department in shell could also earn a good pay?.....it might sound stupid, but this what's bothering my mind....
grin grin
This got me laughing.
You have not even entered school,you are already thinking of working in shell.
Is your destiny tied with shell?

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
Thanks so much... I keep thinking whether I should do a cross over to another department,perhaps HISTORY n INTERNATIONAL STUDIES...but I don't think this could be allowed as my name has been registered with philosophy on jamb Site.....
.........Shell and the likes pay heavily for their workers..do you think a person in the research department in shell could also earn a good pay?.....it might sound stupid, but this what's bothering my mind....
must u work n shell? ma bro it seems u want 2 study cos of moni n nt 4 knowledge,dats a wrong tin 2 do o.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Pistismie(f): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
Thanks very much................
I have this silly question in me lol...... Can a philosopher work in companies like shell,nnpc and the likes?........
Yes, a philosophy graduate can work anywhere human reasoning is appreciated. Go study the course and dont mind dogmatic pple. I studied philosophy too and u r going to enjoy it.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by UKBobo(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
It will mean you can yarn profusely with Pastor-preneur and mad man na motor park equally. Kudos!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by urchman101(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:

bro aim for the human resource department in any company u want. Philosphy is cool, provided u understand the basic concept u can apply it in any area of life. I repeat understand its basic concept.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Ninilowo(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
Lol... Not that I love to work at shell or nnpc..but I want to know if I could get employed as a philosopher into any organization with a good pay,or I do a change of department into History and international studies.perhaps, I could earn a good salary...
Pls advice me.
Itz like you are running faster than your legs. Am very sorry if u are offended ooo. You ve not started you schooling you are already searching for job. Woo my friend if you mind doesnt go for the course just resit UTME and go for another course. Buh if you jump at the cos because u just want to be admitted by fire by thunder.....tor...Those telling you that you can bcome this or that are just saying so cos at the end of the day no one ll be there to help you out.
My widow's mite anyway.......abi what ar coNLderz for?
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by SammyJac(m): 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
A philosopher is a lover of wisdom. It's an interesting course that cuts across many disciplines. There is a branch of philosophy called 'EPISTEMOLOGY', this will broaden your horizon and prepare you as a critical thinker. You'll also learn METAPHYSICS, LOGIC, ETHICS AND FALLACIES. According to Socrates ''man know thyself''.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Pistismie(f): 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
In dept of history and Inter rel,wot they do most is la cram la pour. Philosophy is beauty. Dont study the course for the money but go for the ideas u will have. I promise u dat ur life will not remain the same again b4 u graduate. I graduated with 2.1 and I studied philosophy at OAU.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nosgidi(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
damosky12:
God Bless You
Amen..!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=My Mouth]

whts so special abt law wit all these jobless lawers around[/quote

it is a better option to pol sci and philosophy
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Ninilowo(m): 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
Vickyt: FOUNTAIN OF LIFE OUTREACH: Gen
38v9,10 Do you know it's not only
girls/ladies that abort? you being
a male, you say you use condoms
and after use you either flush
them away through the toilet or
throw them away. Don't you
know you are throwing away
generations by that act and simply
aborting/ stopping them from
coming to this world. You just
have to repent if you don't want
God to throw you away. God is
merciful and willing to save. Come
and stop this Edenic act. You need
Jesus
Ki ni eleyi nso? A nso oro pataki ohun nso patako.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Philosophy is a good course,you can work anywhere inshot efcc they find philosophers my elder bro works there...
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by gbollykore: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
a graduate should be able to work in any sector, the idea is that for you to have gone through the university system for four years you must have some level of exposure and intelligence, when you get to any organization they should be able to train you and you understand what they do
this may not apply to some skilled profession like medicine ,law or engineering though, good luck

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Oluwacolded: Philosophy has the highest number of opporturnity of jobs in any society come to think of it what is the meaning of PHD? it means doctor of philosophy if u study philosophy u can work in any establishments because employers are looking for those with knowledge,all sucessful lawyers works with a philosopher they present their case in front of them to scrutinize before proceeding to bar,even 98% of the Good lawyers in the world are philosophers,there is saying which says “philosophers are kings of logic while lawyer are servants of logic

If you wish to be a lecturer there are various schools looking for people who studied philosophy because all universities both conventional and uncoventional ones do offer logic as a course…

If u study philosophy u would be highly respected in the society if someone lies to you u will know cos of ur knowledge and wisdom

Remember money can not buy wisdom but wisdom can bring money

Solomon was rich and famous because of his wisdom

In simple term philosophy simply means the study of wisdom.

Am proud to be a philosopher i rep team KSU
Thanks brother........you really made me happy!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by ooshinibos: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
anything i beg , irrevelant question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abel Idowu Olayinka & President Macron: Student Blasts UI VC For Insensitivity / Induction Of IMSU Theater Art Freshers (Photos) / 8 Words You’d Find In Both The Igbo And Yoruba Languages, But Different Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.