Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:12 PM

Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? (8704 Views)

10 More Things From 1960 That Are Worth Celebrating In 2014 / Google.ng Celebrates Nigeria's 53rd Independence With A Doodle / A Message To Nigerians As We Celeberate Our 53rd Indepence Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Halb: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2013
These are the questions that keeps ringing in my head,is our independence worth celebrating?what are the (positive) impacts GEJ's administration did to improve our stagnant economy?what exactly deserves celebration? Is it the ongoing ASUU strike?or the rampant killings in d north?.At this state we are in,we should all have a rethink about where we are coming from,where we are, presently, and WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO??.this is a serious issue that needs to be tackled, pls air ur views on this topic.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Annie2gud(f): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2013
I will always celebrate.Naija is my Country...naija no Good.ma me and you spoil am o.welda Good or bad.all we can do for naija to reclaim her lost glories..is for us to change and have a positiv mind.Naija a free country where everything is posible.happy 53yrs birthday,my Belove naija.God Bless Naija...God BLESS DELTA state.i love delta state.to all the deltans in the house(ijaws)(urhobos)(isokos)and not forgetin the itsekiris.....we are the Best#teamDelta state....the Big Heart#

13 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by BabaEleko(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Come October 1st, I'm setting my Nigerian passport and other Nigerian souvenir I have at home on fire and YouTube it. Togo or Ghana passport na chicken change. At least den go value me for outside if I present any of the 2 pass this green paper. That's how I'm protesting against this dictatorial govt led by our Oga at the top wey we go soon chase to bottom come 2015. And if anybody ask who burn national property na to slot in shaggy singing "It wasn't me".

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by ronalmagic10(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
I agree with you that there are lot of challenges we are facing and very little to be happy about but we must not give up our hope.

We won the nations cup, boko haram has been contained to some extent, there are tremendous improvements in sectors such as aviation, agriculture etc, our economy is poised to overtake SA as the leading economy in Africa and so on

I see ASUU strike as a positive thing because our lecturers and tertiary institutions would definitely be better off after the strike only that it's taking too long

#teamnaija 4ever

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by shachris02: 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
'Don't celebrate for what the nation is now. Celebrate for what it would be in the future' undecided Oritsejafor saying, not mine.

Do well to check the trending topic. Dont miss the drama.

#TeamSexkillzMustGo

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by BabaAlabi: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
NO!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Alaigbo will always celebrHATE Nigeria.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by jonescyras(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU STRIKE Is 3month old...its worth to celebrate abi u want make e reach 1 year before we celebrate am?.......
.Very soon NAIRALAND will go on strike
{Team seesi in kili must go}

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Jakeattah(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Let me jst say its the same feeling wen an slowpoke clocks 50, cos Nigeria has outgrown being a fool
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by free2ryhme: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
It is not worth celebrating becos both govt and citizens lack a sense of shaRed collective Responsibilty.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Mexyz(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
To me, yes its worth celebrating, if u dnt want to celebrate with my dear Country,kindly stay indoors tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by DonColz1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
What has Nigeria achieved in 2013?
In good terms.
1) she has won the african cup of nations.
2) she been giving money to poor nations.
3) Enugu has its own international airport.
4) good roads
In bad terms
1) she has become a terrorist nation.
2) ASUU strike
3) lack of security
4) always good in sacking ministers.
5) the price of garri has increased.

4 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Nikapetrelli(f): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
U suppose knw nw,abi u jst enter from Sanko
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by sylve11: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Annie2gud: I will always celebrate.Naija is my Country...naija no Good.ma me and you spoil am o.welda Good or bad.all we can do for naija to reclaim her lost glories..is for us to change and have a positiv mind.Naija a free country where everything is posible.happy 53yrs birthday,my Belove naija.God Bless Naija...God BLESS DELTA state.i love delta state.to all the deltans in the house(ijaws)(urhobos)(isokos)and not forgetin the itsekiris.....we are the Best#teamDelta state....the Big Heart#

. . .and what do u think u r saying? sad cool
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Basic(m): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
No!
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by amclimax(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
9ja till I die... Proudly celebrating 9ja whether good or bad #team_i_always_see_hope for 9ja

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by eagleeye2: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nigeria has been good to some people, so it is worth celebrating.

You can be a Billonaire in Nigeria without paying a dime in tax, how many other countries can give you that?
You can make a lot of money in Nigeria without being creative or intelligent, you don't even need to trade anything or manufacture anything or render services....... you only need to know oga at the top......... Which other country will offer you that opportunity?

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nigeria we hail thee,
Our own dear native land,
Though tribe and tongue may differ,
In brotherhood we stand,

Nigerians all, and proud to serve
Our sovereign Motherland.
Our flag shall be a symbol
That truth and justice reign,
In peace or battle honour'd,
And this we count as gain,
To hand on to our children
A banner without stain.

O God of all creation,
Grant this our one request,
Help us to build a nation
Where no man is oppressed,
And so with peace and plenty
Nigeria may be blessed.

I pray this prayer comes to fruition!!

This was the anthem nigerians recited with purpose and patriotism back then!

Even though ''Adolphus Hitler'' is getting on my nerves with his ''I don't know'' and everything is political', I still believe in this country and the sincerity of purpose of the founding fathers!!

Boko haram, corruption, bad infrastructure, other problems can't hold us down!we will squash them !! The nigerian spirit will make us rise above mediocrity!!

We are a great nation and will always be!!

Long live nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by An0nimus: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
I don't even celebrate my own birthday embarassed
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
why not? all these years wey aboki soldiers dey rule us, we no celebrate? abi corruption and hardship no dey?
We go celebrate yafu yafu, infact public holidays na one week. make haters go hug privatized phcn transformer. Happy Independence to fellow patriotic Nigerians, Green, White & Green 4life!!!
#independence tinz!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Halb: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
1st time in history,YAy,I made frontpage.*dancing Alingo,skelewu,galala,alanta,topped with azonto and Etigi*
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by cool318(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Me Personally & my close pals will wear RED & Black to show our MOURNFUL & sorrowful mood of NIGERIA. Dia is noting to celebrate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Beaf1: 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
The Retardeen will once again fill our ears with a loong boring speech.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Slowvenom(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
are u beta dan dos dat die? If u dnt lyk clbrzion dn pray 2 God to tk ur life. liv dos dat cn aprcit d gift of life to clbret. Matrial things is nt all u nid.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by tbagjames(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Na sand i wan use celebrate? Salaries havent been paid

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Evestar200(f): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Stop hating if u knw u wont celebrate,,,just leave it 4 me and the people that will decorate the whole world with GREEN AND WHITE 2mrrw tongue tongue #team Delta#

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Webmoneycccom: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and
unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice
shall reign.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by emmabest2000(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hal b: These are the question that keeps ringing in my head,is our independence worth celebrating?,what are d (positive) impacts GEJ's administration did to improve our stagnant economy?,what exactly deserves celebration? Is it the ongoing ASSU strike?or the rampant killings in d north?.At this state we are in,we should all have a rethink about where we are coming from,where we are, presently, and WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO??.this is a serious issue that needs to be tackled, pls air ur views on this topic.
ONE NIGERIA
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by NEROSKY(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
[size=21pt]nonsense!!! celebrate what Corruption or embezzlement sad[/size]

Can someone help me ask GEJ where is the money he's gotten from fuel subsidy fund Sophisticated looters!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by point5: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Evn a supos Nigerian unborn baby knw say it dos nt wort it..

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Infomizer(m): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
May not be worth celebrating for many, but the work-free day is...Independence ko, co-dependence ni!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
If u are a true and patriotic Nigerian, you shouldn't be asking such a question.

If u believe in God and the bright future of Nigeria can start from you, you shouldn't ask such a question.

If you sit down and think even if for just a minute on how to start improving this nation, u wouldn't be asking this question.

Even if we are dissapointed so far with the mode of leadership in Nigeria, we shouldn't be hopeless rather we should pray and celebrate every single day in anticipation of a great expectation.

Long live Nigeria God bless u.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Mandela... / Beware! Female Condoms With Teeth Are Out There! / The Good Or Bad Things That Happen To You In 2012?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.