Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go (3922 Views)

APC Mega Rally in Bayelsa State.... Live On AIT / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Pictures From APC Mega Rally In Kwara Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by theoctopus: 11:03am On Sep 30, 2013
Some days ago, some folks sponsored a rumour that the FG has ordered Golden Iphones for Independence. The presidents media person refuted the romours but this evil set of opposition and spoilers will not stop at that. They have gone ahead to release another news that the FG's Iphones have arrived. Now here is the big scam these opposition folks have done. Below is the story published by Osun Defenders?:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=124017

The FG Ordered Gold Plated iPhone For 53rd Independent Anniversary Arrived Safely (Photo)

IPHONEThe 53 gold-plated iPhone ordered by the Nigerian Government safely arrived the country without any issue, Ameebo.com can authoritatively report.

The iPhones valued at N662m from Gold and Co, a British luxury products company to mark her 53rd independence anniversary. It is however not clear who and who will be getting the phone but it is our hope that the federal government takes into consideration federal character.

With this picture of the said Iphone!

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by theoctopus: 11:06am On Sep 30, 2013
Now this is the website they got the original picture from and photoshoped it to publish their story

http://appl3t3ch.co.uk/gold-iphone-5s-128gb-storage-launch-rumour/

When it comes to rumours pertaining an upcoming Apple product, it would seem that everybody has something to say. But only certain voices tend to really matter when this topic is brought up, and KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo is one such individual. It appears that Kuo subscribes to the notion that the device will be offered in a third, ‘champagne’ gold colour configuration, and on top of that, he also believes the handset will see a 128GB model… Kuo’s expectations for the processor (via MacRumors): “We reckon A7 will upgrade memory bandwidth spec to LPDDR3 from LPDDR2 adapted by A6, in an effort to improve system performance. Since Apple is in charge of both hardware and OS design, it is capable of minimalizing memory capacity at an optimized state. Therefore, A7’s RAM will likely be unchanged at 1GB.” We’ve seen references to the A7 chip in iOS 7, and it’s the next logical step in Apple’s line of A4, A5 and A6 processors, so it makes sense. And Kuo’s right, Apple...

Read More at appl3t3ch.co.uk/gold-iphone-5s-128gb-storage-launch-rumour/ © Appl3T3ch

With the original picture:

1 Like

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by theoctopus: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2013
So Nigerians judge for yourself if this is how politics should be played? Judge for yourself if these so called opposition actually love Nigeria. They keep peddling rumors and lies. They do not have one ounce of evidence that GEJ is corrupt but will keep paying online critics around the Internet to spread such rumors to gullible Nigerians. Shame on them!

9 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by bestview: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
APC is dead on arrival..

10 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by tawa89(f): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Wow! This is serious. Why should an opposition promising to be a better alternative resort to such crude machiavellian tactics to mislead Nigerians. We Nigerians should be wary of wolves in sheep clothing. Even as an apolitical Nigerian , i have noticed that these people can sacrifice the blood of Nigerians and our nationhood just to get to Aso rock. This thread should go to front page so that well meaning Nigerians can unanimously condemn this act. The propaganda of these people and their allies is becoming sickening! If the opposition continues with propaganda instead of telling Nigerians how they intend to make our Country better, Nigerians that haven't decided who to vote for in 2015 will be swayed to continue with PDP. This is a new low abeg!!!!

9 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Front page please.
So many people are blinded by lies.
Front page mods!

3 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by awodman: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Very very unfortunate..I pray Nigerians don't play into the hands of this scammers

1 Like

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by theoctopus: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
This is the Osun Defender page!

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by kingbang: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Truly, Nigeria is too important to be left in the hands of Rascals!!! APC....dead on Arrival!!

3 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Dpeacemaker101: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
This is really foolish and degrading of the so called progressives, I can't imagine some group of people sitting down to deceive their country men just because of power and you call yourselves progressives. One thing is certain, the truth shall always prevail and the scammer shall continue to fail. Nigerians are watching.

3 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by kingbang: 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
FRONT PAGE PLEASE!!!! This is shocking! So this is the length some people could go just for power? SMH. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
While debunking the debunkable, you need to be mindful that the original article was published by a UK based newspaper.

It is actually not as uncommon, as you think, for images embedded in a syndicated news report to be altered (for effect), as it passes from one web portal to another. In my opinion, it is the sort of embellishment which sometimes leaves much to to be desired.

2 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by ikweremilitant: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
awodman: Very very unfortunate..I pray Nigerians don't play into the hands of this scammers
pls were re all d apc lapdogs cm nd defend ur pay mastas
Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by kingbang: 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla: While debunking the debunkable, you need to be mindful that the original article was published by a UK based newspaper.

It is actually not as uncommon, as you think, for images embedded in a syndicated news report to be altered (for effect), as it passes from one web portal to another. In my opinion, it is the sort of embellishment which sometimes leaves much to to be desired.

How does an individual then equate the Nigerian Government? Cant someone like Dangote decide to spend 664m on iPhones as Independence gift to his friends and associates? Why would some mischievous bastards spine it and claim it was ordered by the FG?. All you guys have no shame nor integrity.

3 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by awodman: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla: While debunking the debunkable, you need to be mindful that the original article was published by a UK based newspaper.

But the company has since come out to debunk that they never had such an order from Nigerian Govt but an individual...the Nigerian govt through a state house press release has even urged them to make public the name of the private citizen...so?

2 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
kingbang:

How does an individual then equate the Nigerian Government? Cant someone like Dangote decide to spend 664m on iPhones as Independence gift to his friends and associates? Why would some mischievous bastards spine it and claim it was ordered by the FG?. All you guys have no shame nor integrity.

Did you read the original article before it was retracted and republished? Of course not.

A Bristol-born businessman based in Dubai is bracing himself for a flood of orders for iPhones clad not in the gold-effect finish of the new iPhone 5S, but the real stuff.

Amjad Ali supplies royal families, governments, and minted customers across Russia, China and the Middle East with gold-plated devices that cost up to £50,000.

The 42-year-old entrepreneur, who grew up in Glasgow, has pre-ordered hundreds of new iPhones. His team at Gold and Co. will set to work the day after launch before delivering the devices to luxury retailers.

“We strip the units down and then plate them in copper, nickel and then pure gold,” he told the Independent. “We have limited units per region and each is numbered and placed in a handmade wooden box with a certificate of authenticity and wax seal.”

Ali typically delivers 50 devices a month, including Blackberries and iPads, but orders rose to more than 300 a month when the iPhone 5 was launched last year. The firm expects greater demand still for the sixth-generation device, announced today.

Gold and Co.’s customers have included the Saudi royal family, which, Ali says, ordered a gold iPhone studded with hundreds of diamonds, including a giant piece that served as the device’s “home” button. The bill: £50,000.

Basic models in gold or rose gold cost from £3,000. Ali says he is fulfilling an order from the Nigerian government for 53 gold iPhones to mark the country’s 53rd year of independence from Britain next month.

“We will engrave them with the coat of arms, a shield and two horses,” he said.

The company has also supplied an engraved gold iPad to each of the rooms at the luxury “six-star” Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.

For the new iPhone, Ali has added a platinum option to the gold and rose gold currently offered. “Muslim men are not supposed to wear gold,” he explains. “We had government departments for example cancelling orders so now we’re launching platinum to tap into a huge market. Most importantly, it’s a third colour. Everyone wants to be different.”

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/yours-for-up-to-50000-the-real-gold-iphone-5s-outshining-apples-new-release-8807520.html

1 Like

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by nku5: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2013

Are you saying that some random person photoshopped the i-phone picture and osun defender now just saw it online and published it by mistake?

1 Like

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by taharqa: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus: Some days ago, some folks sponsored a rumour that the FG has ordered Golden Iphones for Independence. The presidents media person refuted the romours but this evil set of opposition and spoilers will not stop at that. They have gone ahead to release another news that the FG's Iphones have arrived. Now here is the big scam these opposition folks have done. Below is the story published by Osun Defenders?:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=124017

The FG Ordered Gold Plated iPhone For 53rd Independent Anniversary Arrived Safely (Photo)

IPHONEThe 53 gold-plated iPhone ordered by the Nigerian Government safely arrived the country without any issue, Ameebo.com can authoritatively report.

So since when did OsunDefender, Or any self-respecting Newspaper for that matter, start taking stories from ameebo.com of all places, and even having d temerity to call d said report 'authorative'?? Isn't there an iota of Shame, and d slighest respect for d Sensitivity and Intelligence of d public left?? Lawd!!... And they even had to photoshop an image from another free foreign website for 'effect'... This is just SICK; but on 2nd thoughts, hardly surprising

3 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by awodman: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Did you read the original article before it was retracted and republished? Of course not.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/yours-for-up-to-50000-the-real-gold-iphone-5s-outshining-apples-new-release-8807520.html

Are you saying when allegations are made and rebuttals are offered that we should reject the rebuttals in totality?
Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
awodman:
But the company has since come out to debunk that they never had such an order from Nigerian Govt but an individual...the Nigerian govt through a state house press release has even urged them to make public the name of the private citizen...so?

Indeed. But why draw my attention to what I already know?

If you read my original post again, you will note that it is specifically aimed at addressing the issue of a photoshoped image and nothing more.

Why are the standards of discourse on NL so low? A reflection of our impoverished education system?
Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by taharqa: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2013

What is this one saying? Plz, keep ya mouth SHUT. This is just LAME... Didn't d same UK based Newspaper come out to debunk their own story that day?? In any case, what is d relationship bw that and what OsunDefender just did?? This Shameless Scam meant to hookwick people; and very poorly done, I might add

2 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
nku5:

Are you saying that some random person photoshopped the i-phone picture and osun defender now just saw it online and published it by mistake?

Direct your concerns to the folks at Osundefender.
Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
All these militants need to shut up their gutter mouth. Osun defender is not representing opposition parties. Show me in the article where APC or any other opposition parties faithful mentioned in the article.

Bunch of SS/SE cry babies.

4 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
taharqa: What is this one saying? Plz, keep ya mouth SHUT. This is just LAME... Didn't d same UK based Newspaper come out to debunk their own story that day?? In any case, what is d relationship bw that and what OsunDefender just did?? This Shameless Scam meant to hookwick people; and very poorly done, I might add

The paid hireling did not disappoint as usual. If you've got a problem with Osundefender, take it with that group.

My post is clear enough for anyone with basic comprehension skills.

1 Like

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
awodman:

Are you saying when allegations are made and rebuttals are offered that we should reject the rebuttals in totality?

Now you asking the right question.

Of course a rebuttal should be taking in good faith if the party malign comes to equity with clean hands grin
Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by awodman: 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Indeed. But why draw my attention to what I already know?

If you read my original post again, you will note that it is specifically aimed at addressing the issue of a photoshoped image and nothing more.

Why are the standards of discourse on NL so low? A reflection of our impoverished education system?

How does your rambling even the address the issue on stake in this thread...So standard of discourse on Nairaland is low because you want everyone to follow your stereotype...You need to wake up from your deep slumber and face reality

2 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by theoctopus: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
You can see the mods have quickly rushed another thread to the front page to try to douse this scam! Partisan mods! SMH!

1 Like

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by kingbang: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The paid hireling did not disappoint as usual. If you've got a problem with Osundefender, take it with that group.

Honestly, you are not making much sense!

1 Like

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by nku5: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Direct your concerns to the folks at Osundefender.

Damn this boy can dribble grin

You make messi look like mikel obi. Lol

1 Like

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by awodman: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Thought you where on the level of folks like @naptu but I guess I was thoroughly wrong ...you call someone else a Paid heirling because his views don't tally with yours..what's your take on been called same

2 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by kingbang: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
payless: All these militants need to shut up their gutter mouth. Osun defender is not representing opposition parties. Show me in the article where APC or any other opposition parties faithful mentioned in the article.

Bunch of SS/SE cry babies.

Nairaland's own doofus! Are you already here to post thrash as usual? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Mega Scam! This Is The Length Enemies Of Nigeria Will Go by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
awodman:
How does your rambling even the address the issue on stake in this thread...So standard of discourse on Nairaland is low because you want everyone to follow your stereotype...You need to wake up from your deep slumber and face reality

Get this - there is NO issue at stake, my friend with the one-track mind.

Even if we accept the government's rebuttal hook, line and sinker, ANYONE with a motive could have planted the original article.

If you are open to reason, something you are not, this much would not be difficult to understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NTA Changes Gear:buhari Has Masters Degree In Strategic Studies(video!!!) / Obama Helped Elect Militant Muslim Over Christian Incumbent In Nigeria- Dick Mor / Germans Mock President Buhari Over Comment On Aisha Belonging To The Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.