Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr (1290 Views)

Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph / My Car Vibrates When Engine Is Idling / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Good day guys, my car seruzli vibrates at 80 km per hour. Ihav changed my two front tires n done wheel balancing but it still persists. Iv changed my shocks,stabilizer linkage and done the bushings too. My mecho says I also need to change two of my engine mounts. Guys do u fink dats d actual problem? Does faulty engine mounts mak a vehicle vibrate?Or he just wants me to keep spending..need ur advice guys! Thx
Re: My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by steffans(m): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Check ur steering Box...
Dust off d air filter box... Dnt knw d name per say.... And try it again...

Didn't get d name/make of ur car!
Re: My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by luvinhubby(m): 11:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
This car of yours does not have a name?
Re: My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by baaliyah(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2013
It is not only the front tires that make car viberate, any of the four could.
Re: My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2013
steffans: Check ur steering Box...
Dust off d air filter box... Dnt knw d name per say.... And try it again...

Didn't get d name/make of ur car!

Its a toyota corolla 2006 gli (bank type) auto transmission
Re: My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2013
ba_aliyah: It is not only the front tires that make car viberate, any of the four could.

Amongst the previous 4. The two best tyres were selected den reversed.
Re: My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by itoldu: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2013
I'd rather advise you got yourself someone else to do the wheel balancing again. If it were the case of the engine mount/seat, you should experience a jerk when there is a change in gear while in motion. Also check that the nuts on ur wheels are tightened. There is also a chance that your tyres are no longer in good shape yet they look good. In case this persists after getting someone else to do the balancing, please change your tyres.
Re: My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by cardoctor(m): 8:44am On Oct 03, 2013
Change your drive shafts.

If after you have done all these things you described and getting no joy, change the drive shafts. The shafts could be bent and you would never know and its usually the least suspicious. You end up changing all these things and the problem is still there.

A similar issue came into my workshop last week and it turned out to be that driver side drive shaft that was causing the vibes.

Car-Doctor.
Re: My Car Vibrates At 80kmper Hr by pannyman(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
@OP, it's always a good idea to start with the simple stuff first. It might just be that the calipers are sticking. Do your brakes heat up and raise steam when you drive through water? If so have them serviced and see how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

Funniest/craziest Number Plate I've Ever Seen / My Car Consume Fuel In Excess / Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.