Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. (3406 Views)

Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. / A Good Religious Debate - Making Sense Of It All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Jehovah witnesses are well known for their wide spread evangelism,though their teachings may sometimes not absolutely be accepted.

But as christains do you think its right to shun the JW(s)?

2.what do you beleive and practice.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by uboma(m): 2:11am On Oct 01, 2013
I personally do not shun them but listen to them as they present their message from the Bible. Some of the teachings may not be acceptable but are such messages really from the Bible? That's what I look out for.

1 Like

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2013
I think they smhw disturb ones schedule

on difrent occassions,I had study wit dem but they almost turned it to an everyday affair..

#jus had to shun dem sometymz#..hop itz nt a SIN
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jehovah witness are the only ones that follow the Bible up word by word, but place more emphasis on the NT. thats true Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by italo: 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
There's no need to shun them. If you do not want to meet with them regularly, you can politely tell them and I believe they will be reasonable enough to adjust to that.

Some months back, I had them trying to preach to me every weekend. I always received them well. I even offered them snacks and drinks. Bear in mind that i am Catholic and JWs have very little regard for Catholicism. So they were shocked that i always received them well and talked to them politrly. We discussed, argued etc but always in a spirit of love.

I do not accept their doctrine but I love them for the passion and energy with which they work for God...even though I think their teaching is wrong.

Love them. We are all God's children.

kizmartino: I think they smhw disturb ones schedule

on difrent occassions,I had study wit dem but they almost turned it to an everyday affair..

#jus had to shun dem sometymz#..hop itz nt a SIN

2 Likes

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
italo: There's no need to shun them. If you do not want to meet with them regularly, you can politely tell them and I believe they will be reasonable enough to adjust to that.

Some months back, I had them trying to preach to me every weekend. I always received them well. I even offered them snacks and drinks. Bear in mind that i am Catholic and JWs have very little regard for Catholicism. So they were shocked that i always received them well and talked to them politrly. We discussed, argued etc but always in a spirit of love.

I do not accept their doctrine but I love them for the passion and energy with which they work for God...even though I think their teaching is wrong.

Love them. We are all God's children.

why dont u accept their doctrine? isnt it the same Yeshua u all serve?
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 06, 2013
Itz sundae..

xpectin visits frm d J.W(s)..

I pray dey dnt contd wit d TRINITY arguement.. Hapi sundae peepzz
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Candour(m): 11:08am On Oct 06, 2013
One of the guys on my team is a JW. We've become very close recently because of bible study and sundry issues. We do not agree on a number of things but i must commend the depth to which they go in bible studies. He makes sure i get all the literature they produce every month and i actually find them informative and educative.

In fact i have here a flash drive he gave me containing some videos of some of their teachers. i'll find time to watch them. I told him we used to call them Jehovah Wickedness when i was growing up grin. We still crack jokes about it today.

I was brought up to avoid them at all cost but since i started searching scriptures with my own mind, i welcome them anytime they come calling just like i patiently listen to practitioners of eastern Spirituality too.

They have the right to approach me with their doctrine and i also reserve the right to accept or not so no quarrel at all.

1 Like

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by italo: 11:14am On Oct 06, 2013
macof: why dont u accept their doctrine? isnt it the same Yeshua u all serve?

Why dont you stop having sleepless nights over God? Isnt he the same Yeshua you claim doesnt exist?

1 Like

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 06, 2013
Candour: One of the guys on my team is a JW. We've become very close recently because of bible study and sundry issues. We do not agree on a number of things but i must commend the depth to which they go in bible studies. He makes sure i get all the literature they produce every month and i actually find them informative and educative.

In fact i have here a flash drive he gave me containing some videos of some of their teachers. i'll find time to watch them. I told him we used to call them Jehovah Wickedness when i was growing up grin. We still crack jokes about it today.

I was brought up to avoid them at all cost but since i started searching scriptures with my own mind, i welcome them anytime they come calling just like i patiently listen to practitioners of eastern Spirituality too.

They have the right to approach me with their doctrine and i also reserve the right to accept or not so no quarrel at all.

yea..get ur point..

They rili doin a great work just datt there is a BUT

i rili enjoy their literature doe
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 11:56am On Oct 06, 2013
italo:

Why dont you stop having sleepless nights over God? Isnt he the same Yeshua you claim doesnt exist?
abi this one is a fool? I have smooth sleep because of God and I have never said Yeshua doesn't exist
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof: abi this one is a fool? I have smooth sleep because of God and I have never said Yeshua doesn't exist

wht are u sayin den
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
kizmartino:

wht are u sayin den
figure that out yourself
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof: figure that out yourself

lolzz..we dey quarel

Are u a christain,do u bliv in God

Wht abt in d teachin of d TRINITY
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Yooguyz: 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
kizmartino: Jehovah witnesses are well known for their wide spread evangelism,though their teachings may sometimes not absolutely be accepted.

But as christains do you think its right to shun the JW(s)??
i shun them because:

1. They use deceptive and manipulative method to reinforce their doctrines

2. They are very critical of other peoples religion, meanwhile they are guilty of the same things they criticize others for.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by italo: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof: abi this one is a fool? I have smooth sleep because of God and I have never said Yeshua doesn't exist

I'm sorry. I mistook you for someone else.

I disagree with their doctrine because it is essentially false.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
kizmartino:

lolzz..we dey quarel

Are u a christain,do u bliv in God

Wht abt in d teachin of d TRINITY
No quarrel. grin

I left christianity already but I believe in God
The trinity is just BS
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
italo:

I'm sorry. I mistook you for someone else.

I disagree with their doctrine because it is essentially false.

shocked I apologise then. But why do u think their doctrine is false?
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof: No quarrel. grin

I left christianity already but I believe in God
The trinity is just BS

may i know ur excuse(s) 4leavin christianity practice

Leavin won't solve anytin..it depends on what u personally practice relative to ur association wit others
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
@macof:
may i know ur excuse(s) 4leavin christianity practice

Leavin won't solve anytin..it depends on what u personally practice relative to ur association wit others
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by italo: 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof: shocked I apologise then. But why do u think their doctrine is false?

Many things.

A fundamental one is:

Jesus is God. That is central to Christianity.

They teach that he isnt.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
italo:

Many things.

A fundamental one is:

They teach that he isnt.

yea absolutely!!!

This is my main wahala wit d J.W(s)..
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
italo:

Many things.

A fundamental one is:

They teach that he isnt.

and that's the truth. Jesus/Yeshua isn't God. am not here to prove u wrong, or devalue Jesus but the truth is what JW people preach. according to Yeshua himself, he is just a son sent on an errand to humans.
Personally I don't think the supreme God can ever present himself before humans. It's against the laws of the universe, which he set, and he doesn't break his rules.
Truth be told we humans are all part of God, there's God inside us.
There have been great men all true the few thousands of years since civilisation, and modernisation strategy began, but non claimed to be God. So why should Christians elevate a man to the status of God? That's degrading to Almighty God

1 Like

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Yooguyz: 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof: and that's the truth. Jesus/Yeshua isn't God.
why do you believe the above?

Personally I don't think the supreme God can ever present himself before humans. It's against the laws of the universe, which he set, and he doesn't break his rules.
where did you get that from?
There have been great men all true the few thousands of years since civilisation, and modernisation strategy began, but non claimed to be God. So why should Christians elevate a man to the status of God? That's degrading to Almighty God
the word was as a god right? grin
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Yooguyz:
why do you believe the above?

where did you get that from?

the word was as a god right? grin

Because God cannot leave his duty of tending to the continuity of the universe and control of the world to come down as a man. Even if he did that, no man would be able to behold his presence.

It's common sense

I don't get wat u mean here
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by italo: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof: and that's the truth. Jesus/Yeshua isn't God. am not here to prove u wrong, or devalue Jesus but the truth is what JW people preach. according to Yeshua himself, he is just a son sent on an errand to humans.

You believe Jesus was sent by God. I guess you believe because you read it in the Bible.

Do you also believe in the parts of the Bible that proclaim Jesus to be God? I dont think so.

You believe the parts you want to believe, right?
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by italo: 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof:

Because God cannot leave his duty of tending to the continuity of the universe and control of the world to come down as a man. Even if he did that, no man would be able to behold his presence.

It's common sense

I don't get wat u mean here

So you dont believe GOD can be on earth, yet be in heaven?

You think he is like you that can only be in one place at a time?
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Yooguyz: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
italo:

as in eh! You can just imagine!
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
italo:

God isn't visible, he doesn't have a singular and personified body. every thing is from God, everything makes up God. The earth, air, waters, the whole universe, and of course the spiritual realm(heaven) is made out of God's essence, he is the source of the energy which these things exist on. Everything is God.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by italo: 5:08am On Oct 07, 2013
macof:

God isn't visible, he doesn't have a singular and personified body. every thing is from God, everything makes up God. The earth, air, waters, the whole universe, and of course the spiritual realm(heaven) is made out of God's essence, he is the source of the energy which these things exist on. Everything is God.

Says who?

Where do you get your teachings from?

You conveniently dodged my question on whether you believed the Bible or not.

I think you are scared to tell the source of your belief because it will come crumbling down when we scrutinize it.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2013
I bliv in d teachin of d blessed TRINITY!!

Nd ntin cn change my stand..

God d Father(creator),God d son(redeemer of mankind) nd God d Holy spirit(teacher nd comforter)... 3persons in 1GOD..nt 3 separate God/gods

1 Like

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

Says who?

Where do you get your teachings from?

You conveniently dodged my question on whether you believed the Bible or not.

I think you are scared to tell the source of your belief because it will come crumbling down when we scrutinize it.
says Ifa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (tuesday - 23/6//15)- Let Your Light Shine / My Experience As A Deist / What Makes A True Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.