Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. (9061 Views)

Fiston Mwanza Mujila Bagged The Etisalat Book Prize For ‘tram83’ – Read An Excer / Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply / Two Nigerians Nominated For 2015 Caine Prize For African Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ok o, I go vote you.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
Voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by adegwurulez(m): 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
who no like recharge card i don vote joor
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by hardeyincah(m): 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
voted
please after voting, u can also share on facebook for ur friends to vote......
lets encourage professionalism and not hooligalism or yahooyahooism
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by buchivik(m): 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
voted 4 u dude. Mak sure u kip ya promise oh
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ikenna94: Primary skool write up .I won't vote.let's be sincere dis story dey amateur a 2 year old can do it
This is a Flash Fiction that shouldn't be more than 300 words. I did the story for the average nigerian to understand and to appeal to the younger ones cox they are the future pillars of Africa. I included the moral lesson which can be found on the last two paragraphs. If i am to write a complex story then give me space for that. By the time am through, i doubt if u will even stand it let alone judging the art. If people judged the late Chinua Achebe by that book 'Chike and the River', then you might as well say that Chinua Achebe's is an amateur writer without knowing that he had a purpose for that.
Thanks for your Negative Comment it made me Stronger!
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Raypawer(m): 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
ok o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by mazizitonene(m): 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Abeg na haw much b d money dem dey win 4 dia...make ah apply
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by felifeli: 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bossforeva: This is a Flash Fiction that shouldn't be more than 300 words. I did the story for the average nigerian to understand and bring out the moral lesson which can be found on the last two paragraphs. If i am to write a complex story then give me space for that. By the time am through, i doubt if u will even stand it let alone judging the art. If people judged the late Chinua Achebe by that book 'Chike and the River', then you might as well say that Chinua Achebe's is an amateur writer without knowing that he had a purpose for that.
Thanks for your Negative Comment it made me Stronger!

Very good that you can gracefully accept criticism so I will tell you 3 basic things that make the story a disaster.
1. You have got all your tenses mixed up
2. There are at least a couple of non-words
3. It does really read like a primary school kid essay composition.
Sorry this is my honest view. I will advise that you review it if you still can.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Khayordhe: 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
U go call 911 and 9ja police go appear shaperly jux lyk dat..,abi won ti wa ni....

D story na confirm fiction...
Nice write up,bro....
More engine oil 2 ur elbow.....

Bros,i don cast my vote 4 u..
Infact,no b only me sef do d votin...mah guy also voted 4 u o..
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by omott: 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
Voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Lamasta(m): 11:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
Even people way no vote dey write Voted, let me too join them VOTED
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by portablechizzy(f): 11:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
VOTED. The Lord will give you rest from your labour and put an end to your struggles and fruitless efforts. All of God’s creation will cooperate for you to have your blessings, promotion, breakthroughs and desired miracles.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by MurphyG1(m): 11:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
ENIMONEY: Voted!! But I feel my story is better than yours!!!!! Na Grace... Hehehehehe.check it http://etisalatprize.com/the-sermon/

U ended up stealing his vote cos I voted 4u. Ur story is definitely better.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by MurphyG1(m): 11:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Honestly I didn't vote 4 u. U know why? Its because I wasn't sure whether to vote u just because u're a nairalander.
1. I didn't feel ur story
2. Na wa oh 4 ur English. angry
3. One Enimoney stole ur vote cos her story is better tongue
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by stan4b(m): 12:02am On Oct 11, 2013
Voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by 175(m): 12:04am On Oct 11, 2013
In PEJ voice I just pless "vote for me" ooo!!!
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Mathicks(m): 1:03am On Oct 11, 2013
Please i'll also need your votes... Please read this very short creative story and help out with votes. I cant even think of a perfect way to thank you guys enough.

Eric Arthur /Nigeria
Title: Life is Just Funny

Tony winked at me as he got up to meet her. I just waved at her from where i sat and watched Tony walk up to her with a huge grin on his face. They exchanged small talk as they met and started walking towards me.

As they got nearer, i noticed that they were speaking in their native dialect, which i hoped they would change as soon as they sat. While still standing, Tony continued talking and then looked at me, his body language suggesting that he was telling her about me. I just smiled and nodded as if I understood what they were saying. This is one of the many funny things people do. Just then i remembered Emeka, my friend back in Lagos, telling the story of how he broke his hand a few years ago. Everybody had laughed that day and even he was laughing. I then wondered that at the time he actually broke his hand, it wasn’t funny for him, but telling the story when he had healed was a different case entirely. No wonder comedians tell people about their poverty level before they started comedy and people laugh. Imagine somebody laughing at that same person at that time when he was actually suffering. America would have had to interfere in the kind of fight that would break out.

”David, meet Chidinma,” Tony finally said in English. ”Chidinma, this is David”. They both burst out laughing and I imagined what he must have told her about me in their native language. I just laughed with them. Afterall, what could I do?

To vote for this story click here : http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/ Thanks alot!! Its a 300 words literature competition..

pls dont forget to vote..i'll appreciate it alot. Just click ''vote for me''..thats all. Thanks guys! You're Awesome!
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 11, 2013
Well! Thanks to y'all for ur criticisms though i would have loved if you lifed the errors from the writeup.
I know their will definitely be some flaws but what would i have done? This Art is just the first step.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 11, 2013
Hahahaha!! Tanx jawe..this is why I hate all these voting shii..the best story might not always win.the person with the most votes does bt tanx for appreciating quality.
Murphy G:

U ended up stealing his vote cos I voted 4u. Ur story is definitely better.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Mathicks(m): 1:46am On Oct 11, 2013
ENIMONEY: Hahahaha!! Tanx jawe..this is why I hate all these voting shii..the best story might not always win.the person with the most votes does bt tanx for appreciating quality.
abeg what do you think about my story? http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 11, 2013
ENIMONEY: Hahahaha!! Tanx jawe..this is why I hate all these voting shii..the best story might not always win.the person with the most votes does bt tanx for appreciating quality.
Well wateva ur fiction is good! U can even derail my thread further till you win the first prize i dnt really care afterall prizes are going to be awarded to the two runnerups. I know my fiction maybe too simple that even a day old can narrate. One thing stands sure of which i take solace in. That's this; my story just like the biblical parable "The Prodigal Son" has a very simple nature but with a defined moral story of which many short stories dn't have. When it comes to quality, i think i know how to hybridise the Figures of Speech to suit the need of the moment, i also know to customise fictions in my own way to get at a point. If you notice, people may think that i flawed by using "there" in that fiction instead of "their" not knowing that i used it intentionally to lay an emphasis.
Goodluck wit ur fiction Sis! Am wishing u the best with it.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Mathicks(m): 2:24am On Oct 11, 2013
Bossforeva: Well wateva ur fiction is good! U can even derail my thread further till you win the first prize i dnt really care afterall prizes are going to be awarded to the two runnerups. I know my fiction maybe too simple that even a day old can narrate. One thing stands sure of which i take solace in. That's this; my story just like the biblical parable "The Prodigal Son" has a very simple nature but with a defined moral story of which many short stories dn't have. When it comes to quality, i think i know how to hybridise the Figures of Speech to suit the need of the moment, i also know to customise fictions in my own way to get at a point. If you notice, people may think that i flawed by using "there" in that fiction instead of "their" not knowing that i used it intentionally to lay an emphasis.
Goodluck wit ur fiction Sis! Am wishing u the best with it.
everybody has their different ways of passing their msgs. You chose to pass yours in your own way. What matters most is the appeal. Whether you win first place, second place or third...or whether you're not even in the top 3 should not matter that much. We all need to support ourselves and realize that its just a prize we're competing for. Make we support ourselves ooo... Thats the way forward. Btw ... Read my story and tell me what you think about it http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by laidian(m): 2:48am On Oct 11, 2013
voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Mathicks(m): 3:17am On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Mathicks(m): 3:18am On Oct 11, 2013
Lamasta: Even people way no vote dey write Voted, let me too join them VOTED
http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by amjyk: 3:44am On Oct 11, 2013
voted....u are d winner alredy cheers!!!!
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 4:24am On Oct 11, 2013
voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Slimboy94(m): 4:32am On Oct 11, 2013
VOTED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Download This Free Ebook On How To Browse The Internet Free Of Charge / Nigerian Babes Read More Novels Than Nigerian Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.